Facing foreclosure? Call Will.i.am!
December 8th, 2010

Facing foreclosure? Call Will.i.am!

In an effort to fight his country’s current housing crisis, Will.i.am is taking the matter into his own hands.

In an interview with U.K. newspaper “The Sun,” the Black Eyed Peas frontman, born William Adams, talked about his mortgage relief program called "i.am.home."

“I rescue families who are losing their homes because they have no jobs and they can’t pay the mortgage and the banks are foreclosing on their homes,” said the artist, who purchased a new home for his grandmother in 2009. “All the people we help are debt free, they don’t have to pay me back.”

Will.i.am cites his mother as the main source of inspiration for i.am home. “She’s supermom and also my best friend…She told me that, ‘No matter how successful you are, we are still struggling.' It’s those kinds of things that are like an ego smack – great reminders of where you are from and where you are in the world.”

Outside of charity, the super-producer, who has sold over 28 million records worldwide with group the Black Eyed Peas, also let the Sun in on some major music news: Will.i.am's currently producing the next album for the legendary international rock group, U2.

The man behind “My Humps” calls the collaboration a dream project and even has a few words for those who may think he’s too pop for U2.

“There’s only one type of music and that’s good music, no matter what genre it is,” he said. “Bono is one of those guys who sees it that way and there’s no right or wrong. There are no rules once you lift the veil off.”

Will even admits he’s gotten positive feedback on the new U2 disc from his celebrity peers.

“I went to Bono’s house for lunch and George Clooney and Cindy Crawford were there,” he recalled. “I played some of the songs we’d been working on together and everyone was blown away. They all left the finger food to come and hear.”

Filed under: Black Eyed Peas • Celebrities • Music

1. cathey Crigler

Thank God for giving you heart to help. Trying to take care of mentally ill and depressed family members is really hard nobody helping you, Working two full time jobs still not enough to pay house note is hard to keep doing. Where is the Love?

May 19, 2013 at 10:34 pm | Report abuse |
  2. cathey crigler

Need to apply

May 19, 2013 at 10:21 pm | Report abuse |
  3. judy

dear wii.i.am we are a low income family of 3 my husband is self employed he's a carpenter he's they only worker besides me my daugter is 13 years old we've ben in our home for 17 years we've worked hard for what we do have its not a big fancy house its a mobile but its home well with the enomy we've had little to no work we got behind on our mortgage couldn't work anything out with mortgage company we are in forecloser we used all our savings we have nothing left we don't want to lose our home the stress an the worry is taking its toll i've called all over begging for some help only to end up cring we don't want to lose our home we are begging for help to save our home we don't have much time left before bank takes it an this could tear my family apart we truely are low income an are tring to make ends meat the only thing we want is our home i'am begging you to help us keep our home an get it out of forecloser we can't do it on our own an theres no one out there to help us an i'am making my self sick with stress an worry wii.i.am please help us you can contact my email an i can send you all info you need even forecloser papers need help asap thanks judy

January 29, 2012 at 9:46 am | Report abuse |
  4. joyce alexander

Hi will I am my name is Quendalyne Alexander I would like more info on help with foreclosure for my mother she has had her home for over 20 years and she is in foreclosure she help everybody she can and she this time need someone to lean on she is a wonderful mother,grandmother,aunt you name anything great it will be her but she is giving up she has been struggling to save her house for many years because its home to us my num is 7734336048 thank you

January 1, 2012 at 5:45 pm | Report abuse |
    • Diane Noveroske

Hi my Mom is leaving her house Sept.1st went into Foreclosure in Akron, Ohio....I live in Denver, CO...Very painful...I wish Will I am could help her move from Akron, OH to Indy IN...Wishful thinking....Well, if you wan't someone to talk to let me know....Diane in Denver...

August 21, 2013 at 6:12 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Frances king

I am in dyin need of help.
    I think what you are doin is awesome I need more info.

March 2, 2011 at 11:01 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Beaman

I’m not sure where you are getting your information, but great topic. I needs to spend some time learning much more or understanding more. Thanks for wonderful information I was looking for this info for my mission.

March 2, 2011 at 5:16 am | Report abuse |
  7. DJ

Hi, I am facing forclosure, I am $22000.00 behind on my mortgage. I got into trouble when my son and his children became homeless. I could not turn the other way. I thought I could catch up once he got on his feet. Lost my job a year later. 52 years old. Applied for lots of jobs. Just cant seem to land one. Living on unemployement. I really understand now the importance of balance. YOu just cant help everyone. Ive tryed, got me financially in trouble.
    If you or anyone would like to donate. Please respond to this pleading. Ive never ever asked for help ive worked since I was 7 years old. This is hard for me. Thanks.

December 28, 2010 at 3:07 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Name*Dee

Really could use your help

December 10, 2010 at 6:46 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Jomm

SOme people need to shut up. William is a good guy and he needs on PR if he wants to help people. It amazes me that if a celeb does not help anyone, people will complain; and if a celeb help people, some people want to believe the worst. Jealous is an evil face to face. Get over it. William I am, good job. God knows your heart.

December 9, 2010 at 3:46 pm | Report abuse |
  10. From Minnesota

There aren't words great enough to describe how I feel about the wonderful thing he has chosen to do to help people from losing their homes. He is a heavenly example, of what other wealthy people should try to do, for those who may lose their homes. I am just sad that we didn't get help from him to save our home over a year ago. It was such a horrible experience that my husband never wants to buy another house. We will rent for the rest of our lives......so sad!

December 9, 2010 at 3:19 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jomm

I agree. he has the money to help and I think it is great in what he is doing and I think MOST people will agree.

December 9, 2010 at 3:48 pm | Report abuse |
  11. sylvia

Will i hv ben unemply almst 2yrs but evry temp job i take cleaning a home whtever char nc rite 2 work state n let u go no reason single mom 3 boys kepn them on trak in the mist if its meant 4 u to help me God will make it so im grateful 4 the ones u alredy helped n helpn You will b blessed it need to b more like u im in the hole now over 10,000 stil here God is

December 9, 2010 at 3:07 pm | Report abuse |
    • Diane

What? Is that English?

December 9, 2010 at 3:17 pm | Report abuse |
    • Yeppers

#1– Will.I..Am is likely NOT reading this article.

#2– The name of the foundation is in the article.

#3– After this article, every person in the world with a "down on my luck" story is going to flood him with requests. He might be wealthy, but he doesn't have THAT much money.

And, Diane–it is the language of the people who type shortcuts for words in a world where a text message can only be 160 characters long...

December 9, 2010 at 3:46 pm | Report abuse |
  12. sylvia

I Thank God that ur able to make comment means ur still here always remeber sm 1 else is worse off than u whos not facin 4closure layed off with kids God is able He said he would supply our needs not what u want

December 9, 2010 at 2:58 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Lakerjames

You people make me sick you take a great jesture and turn it into a racist act and you turn it into your own personal satisfaction if you cant pay for your mortgage get rid of it i did quit begging and so what if he is helping blacks you white folks sure isnt but it aint about color thats why you make me sick its about all races we are people all of us chew on that and learn some manners

December 9, 2010 at 2:32 pm | Report abuse |
    • Amy

There are very few people talking about race, here. I don't even know why race has to come into this. He's black, sure, but he's helping people of all colors. I don't understand why this has to be about race at all. I agree that this is a beautiful gesture by a lovely human being, but telling people to "quit begging" is not helping his message. Neither is trying to turn this into a race thing.

December 9, 2010 at 3:20 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jomm

so true. If he is helping blacks, that is great. One should help their people espeically since blacks are more exceptable to this even more so. people have said blacks should uplift each other and if William choose to so, GREAT. I am proud of him. When whites help each other, no one complains. And if william is helping nonblacks, that is good also. It does not matter who he is helping. it is great either way.

December 9, 2010 at 3:53 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Mok

Very nice of you but its a very silly name you have

December 9, 2010 at 2:09 pm | Report abuse |
  15. the_dude

I don't listen to black eyes peas or pop music in general because it sucks and is for mindless idiots.

December 9, 2010 at 1:50 pm | Report abuse |
  16. sunless

go to that http://www.SUPERSONIC.US.COM

December 9, 2010 at 1:38 pm | Report abuse |
  17. 1994

Now here is a celebrity that I have a lot of respect for... To give back and help people like this is amazing. I wish more would do this type of thing in a time when millions of people are looking for help. People who have lost everything through no fault of there own. A lot of celebrities talk a lot but I do not see any of them down in Congress lobbying for the little guy, The middle class needs a lobbying group and the celebrities would be good ones to take on that job. Thanks Will you are a great man

December 9, 2010 at 1:31 pm | Report abuse |
  18. Michelle Fitchett

This is a VERY NICE jesture and If its true me and my 2boys would truly appreciate it.Were not celebrating christmas because of how thins have panned out..But I have the most understanding children that are just blessings from GOD..And I know if I keep prayin GOD WILL CONTINUE TO BLESS US..No matter what goes on in our LIVES I live it STRESS FREE! I don't want my kids to see me ubstable or giving up I'm a born fighter and I appreciate life and that's How I'm raisin them..What ur doing is TRULY A BLESSIN HAVE A MARVELOUS DAY :)

December 9, 2010 at 12:48 pm | Report abuse |
  19. Suz

This is absolutely THE best kind of charitable giving... what a great person!

December 9, 2010 at 12:34 pm | Report abuse |
  20. erica

my home got foreclosed on recently, but even though im olny 16, i refuse to let it bother me. in fact, now that im in a cheaper house im giving more money to charity. so all yall who think your the olny one and like your specail, get over it, go do something good.

December 9, 2010 at 12:27 pm | Report abuse |
  21. goldmouth

WILL I AM CAN YOU PLEASE HELP ME ...I JUST RECENLY LOST MY LOST MY JOB AND NOW I AM FACING FORECLOSURE ....PLEASE HELP ...SINGLE MOTHER WITH 4 CHILDREN I DONT WANT TO LOSE OUR HOME ..THANKS :):)

December 9, 2010 at 12:24 pm | Report abuse |
    • erica

aww iill be praying for you and your kids. dont give up it gets easier.

December 9, 2010 at 12:29 pm | Report abuse |
    • Amy

I'm homeless with 5 children. Lots of people out here need help, and no one seems to care. We've slept out in freezing cold because the shelters are all full. No one cares. At least, no one cares enough to DO anything.

December 9, 2010 at 12:44 pm | Report abuse |
    • Yeppers

#1– Will.I..Am is likely NOT reading this article.

#2– The name of the foundation is in the article.

December 9, 2010 at 3:44 pm | Report abuse |
  22. bob

sounds like its support for blacks but why dont they say that?
    do whatever you like with your money just have the media tell the tale correctly.

...we are still struggling.

December 9, 2010 at 12:02 pm | Report abuse |
    • Suz

Didn't sound that way to me at all... but, then again, I don't think of people in terms of their color.

Playing devil's advocate, though: even if he WERE only helping blacks, does it matter? He's still helping PEOPLE – people who need help.

December 9, 2010 at 12:38 pm | Report abuse |
    • Amy

I didn't get that at all. What in the world gave you that idea??

December 9, 2010 at 12:48 pm | Report abuse |
  23. R@ph@l

It's nice to see someone with wealth give back to the world. Many just do so I feel for the sale of records or movie tickets. Very few such as Bono and now Will.i.am are doing so to make the world a better place. They know that money can not bring happiness to them but the act of giving away money does.

December 9, 2010 at 11:53 am | Report abuse |
  24. Crazy

Puked up rice crispy treast this morning, that was a crazy night last night. Not sure why the dog has a mohawk.

December 9, 2010 at 11:11 am | Report abuse |
  25. Blessedone

Thank u Will 4 giving back. Seem all these ppeople lost sight of the point in this article. 2 Bobbi... hun u not the only 1 with a crisis. U 1 out of millions. 2 the ignorant 1.... how racist of u. My people dying to get over here to work these jobs u 100% Americans turn down cause its not enough money 4 u. And they do it with little 2 no insurance. Aall this complaining is silly. the government thinks very little of the average citizen white,black,purple or brown. These are tactics used to keep us arguing while they continue to prosper. Its our lack of faith & small minded thinking that created this mess. Voting 4 promises & seeing no change. Realize this these people still have 2 stand b4 God in judgement. From President to Congress to the judges on down. Gods gonna wanna know if u upheld His commandment which is love His people the way He loved you.

December 9, 2010 at 10:18 am | Report abuse |
    • Blessedtwo

@B1 There is no god on the Marquee Blog, but there is a Santa Clause.

December 9, 2010 at 11:13 am | Report abuse |
    • Amy

If I had a dollar for every person who said they would pray for us in the last 4 years since we became homeless, I'd be able to buy a car. All that praying and we're still homeless 4 years later. I don't need prayers, I need a place to stay for a couple of months so I can save up and get us out of a motel!

December 9, 2010 at 1:13 pm | Report abuse |
  26. Joyously laughing in Christ

People wouldn't be people if they didn't find something to complain about. Someone who givin back still getts belittled. This article was about him yet people found away to come on here complaining about their personal situation & playing the blame game. Truuthfully speaking the government don't give a flying fig about the people & what they going thru.Democrate or Republican long as they family & friends eating average people don't matter. This financial bind is a tool to kee the people at a stand still or running around like mice in a maze. Bobbi u not the only one with issues u 1 out of millions. 2 the idiot my peole die to come here and get those jobs 100% americans turn they nose up 2 cause they feel a certificate should allow them 2 make more money. And they work with little 2 no insurance. Sad People got the nerve to throw stones & they glass hous got a wind storm blowing threw it. Poverty has no color or ethnicity...lol....can't u see white, black, pink or brown its hitting us all. Grow ur thinking up

December 9, 2010 at 10:05 am | Report abuse |
    • Diane

I could barely understand you, but are you saying your people are coming here illegally? If so, then go home. Wait your turn and come here LEGALLY, and then you can get help the right way. Legal Americans of all colors deserve help, but there are already tooooooo many of us who need it to be handing it out to people who aren't even here legally!

December 9, 2010 at 2:44 pm | Report abuse |
  27. ex criminal

Its great that a celebrity is giving back. if they all gave a little back we would be doing better in the recession. GOD BLESS US ALL IN THE TIME OF NEED

December 9, 2010 at 9:46 am | Report abuse |
  28. ex criminal

This is for yr comment on criminals got help Bobbi. we dont. its even harder for us than sumone who follows the law to find a good paying job. im self employeed now becuz of it. sumtimes i dont work for five months at a time but still pay my bills. i dont got unemployment to help out or other help.

December 9, 2010 at 9:40 am | Report abuse |
  29. jean

bobbi, you are seeing bad time. How does a person get in contact with will. I have always had a rough time too.
    You know those stars do not need all that money, if the would only help other people, that would make a world
    of difference. Just like Angilinia Jolie goes to other countries so does Oprah what about us in our on back yard.
    Life is really unfair.

December 9, 2010 at 7:49 am | Report abuse |
  30. wats it to yuh

Will will...... man yur a cool dude i never actually listend to yur music but my kids do all the time and im glad they are a man with that much charecter must be a really a good man well stay true=)

December 9, 2010 at 7:12 am | Report abuse |
  31. gail norris

I am disabled all I really need is help with my house taxes I only recieve seven hundred a month my taxes are over five thousand a tear my house may b taken from me as I am in arrears. love u will and all the black eyed peas!

December 9, 2010 at 6:42 am | Report abuse |
  32. Toni

It is wonderful that Will I am is helping those that need help with their homes. I wish him the best and thank you from those that are in need and are less furtunate. God bless you.

December 9, 2010 at 5:52 am | Report abuse |
  33. beanstalk

Where is the Love, y'all?! I am floored by how insensitive, calloused and inhumanely some people express themselves. I swear. It's like some people are only two shaves away from being baboons.

And this whole notion that more wealthy benefactors need to come forward, gimme a break: EVERYONE can do SOMETHING. Start by being loving & lending a hand YOURSELVES to anyone less fortunate in YOUR OWN circle of influence.

December 9, 2010 at 5:15 am | Report abuse |
  34. dug

I get $500 a mnth welfare for 1 kid n I got 6 of them runnin round! I dnt knw what I do when they turns 18! I get foodstamps to n I eats ah pretty good bit! I thnks all of yins for ah helpin me n my situaton

December 9, 2010 at 4:51 am | Report abuse |
  35. patty

what a great human being

December 9, 2010 at 3:16 am | Report abuse |
  36. Bobbi

I do not feel sorry for myself. i know there are plenty of people out there whos situations are worse than mine. i couldnt get fmla because i had not been at that job long enough. i havent found a job yet because i am upfront in interviews & let my potential employer know that i need another heart surgery.I had shrt term & long term disability insurance but i was diagnosed before the beginning of the insurance coverage date. I would love to find a job, believe me. I hate not working. i have started taking care of kids & helping the elderly by being what they call a home companion. I just wish there was someone to be there to help me to keep from losing my home.

December 9, 2010 at 2:35 am | Report abuse |
    • Cfb

File bankruptcy and move on. There IS help for people like you. Bankruptcy allows you to eliminate your debt and move on.

December 9, 2010 at 8:54 am | Report abuse |
    • Yeppers

Bobbi, rule #1–you do NOT have to disclose to potential employers any of your health issues and it is against the law for them to ask. Sounds to me like what you consider being "up front" is just shooting yourself in the foot. If you need more heart surgery, seems to me you would qualify for Medicaid AND SSI. You would have qualified when you had the first surgery since you were uninsured when you had it.

If you are capable of finding the Internet to complain, then you should be able to find the information to apply for the above program. You should also be able to take the bus down to your local SSA office and find out what you need in order to file for SSI.

Or you can keep posting here for people to tell you off...

December 9, 2010 at 3:37 pm | Report abuse |
  37. Jess/m/>_

I think it's a wonderful thing he's doing for other people in the world and as for everyone running there mouth about other people's comments shame on you have a heart i pitty u it's people like u that will make this world come to a end... heartless ,cold people like u

December 9, 2010 at 2:33 am | Report abuse |
  38. Nope

I love when celebs do nice things and then turn around and plug whatever it is theyre working on..oh well kudos anyways..

December 9, 2010 at 2:27 am | Report abuse |
  39. dat dude

God bless u william.

December 9, 2010 at 2:26 am | Report abuse |
  40. mary j. edwards

Help!! god bless you.

December 9, 2010 at 1:04 am | Report abuse |
  41. sniper

Cool stuff. Talented..smart..and has the desire to help others. This guy gets it. Very rare.

December 9, 2010 at 12:46 am | Report abuse |
  42. chrissy

Wow! I am amazed that someone would ridicule a persons unselfish act of kindness! Maybe bobbi you should spend more time reading the bible and not dwelling so much in a pit of negativity! Self pity is not going to help your situation at all.

December 9, 2010 at 12:32 am | Report abuse |
    • Jomm

SO true. what else is new when it comes to the internet? People love to sit behind computers and degrade others. Idoits

December 9, 2010 at 3:56 pm | Report abuse |
  43. @

Quit yer bichen and do somthin about it! Don't nobody got it easy!

December 9, 2010 at 12:07 am | Report abuse |
  44. irispolk

If you are planning a mortgage refinance then you should search online for "123 Mortgage Refinance" before you decide they found 3.25% refinance with bad credit history and also did instant analysis of my mortgage.

December 9, 2010 at 12:04 am | Report abuse |
  45. workharder

Bobbi your already living off the government. try helping yourself for a change and quit asking for handouts. I work 2 low paying jobs, pay higher taxes(by choice), pay for my own health insuranc insurance, a very small dumpy studio apartment with me and my baby girl, and I pay for my own schooling. I thank my mother for being able to watch my baby girl to help make life better because I'm slowly but surely getting there. Everyone's got a sob story no reason to complain about it-sh!t happens it's life all you can do is depend on only yourself to make it better. EVERYONE is suffering right now

December 8, 2010 at 11:56 pm | Report abuse |
  46. michme

Why do people think fmla is so great? If you work for a small business you are not protected. I worked for a company with less than 10 employees. needed to take time off for illness. after 3 weeks, they fired me & THEN had the nerve to fight my unemployment request. Needless to say fmla didnt help me. At all.

December 8, 2010 at 11:50 pm | Report abuse |
  47. zenora cruze

God bless you,Will-i-am.you have such a great heart, you are the true definition of a real man. I'm facing some difficulties myself, and i call on God for answers. I pray about it, when life was good for me i tried to help everyone, now i'm in a medical,financial crisis.I don't complain i came here with nothing i will definetely leave with nothing. i admire,adore and love you for all you do to contribute.. bless yo big ole heart!! i'd love ta meet ya!!

December 8, 2010 at 11:45 pm | Report abuse |
  48. Peenk

Some people dont deserve help. bobbi i can see why u were fired AND divorced. fmla would have protected you, so its obvious u werent fired for havin surgery. tons and tons of people have got divorced and lost their jobs and lost their house...ive done them all. had some surgery too. but im glad i have what little i have and think that it is a beautiful thing that is being done here. if there were less people like u in the world, it would be a much much better place. go get some tissue crybaby.

December 8, 2010 at 11:40 pm | Report abuse |
  49. lisa pegueros

God bless you will iam you are an angel sent from heaven to help those who cannot help themselves

December 8, 2010 at 11:05 pm | Report abuse |
  50. Daniel

It is amazing what Will.I.am, Brad Pitts and others are doing to help a bad situation! Why do people always find something negative in a positive situation? Just once can we have only positive comments in a positive situation!Negativity is what is killing everything that is good!

December 8, 2010 at 9:39 pm | Report abuse |
  51. Vanessa

For all those idiots who say they need to learn spanish to get financial help, get a life! illegal people would jump in joy to be a citizen. you guys are just cry babies. get your fat ass to work and stop saying illegals get help or even worst, unemployment checks.

December 8, 2010 at 9:25 pm | Report abuse |
  52. juan

God Bless you Will. I. Am

December 8, 2010 at 9:20 pm | Report abuse |
  53. toobiggovt

Hey will.I.am dude great you are a true blessing. To those of you complaining about not getting anything in the U.S. I have a suggestion, stop asking for something for free, and start voting in ways that reduce the size and scope of govt. That would allow you to keep more of what was yours to begin with. Trust me you would make more money putting one third of what you pay in taxes in a low yield savings acct than you would get from the government.

December 8, 2010 at 9:08 pm | Report abuse |
  54. Val

That is truly unselfish of him. Hope some other celibrities could do the same. But instead, they prefer to lavish themselve or their boyfriends with 2 million dollar cars.....

December 8, 2010 at 9:03 pm | Report abuse |
  55. 100% american

Thinkin bout goin to mexico, getting a nice dark tan and come'n back and the going down to unemployment and every time they ask me something just say "no comprende!" and. Bet i'll get help then and yes im fluent in spanish I could pull this off!

December 8, 2010 at 8:17 pm | Report abuse |
    • Omg

You're ignorant. No wonder your company fired you. As an American, I'm embarrassed and disgusted by you. Please go live in mexico and don't come back.

December 8, 2010 at 9:54 pm | Report abuse |
    • Tracy

I agree. Go live in Mexico, preferably the violent part.

December 9, 2010 at 12:36 am | Report abuse |
    • Diane

I agree with the OP, actually. I've seen a ton of Mexicans getting help lately, while Americans are getting turned down. I don't know if they are illegal or legal, but if they are illegal, it really makes me angry! We have LEGAL immigrants and citizens who desperately need help!

December 9, 2010 at 2:28 pm | Report abuse |
    • liltia

I couldn't agree more. I am so disguested at these ppl worrying about whats right or whats wrong with the treatment of illegals. What about our vets? What about our parents and grandparents that have worked for generations only to be told they don't qualify for assistance but then in line at grocery stores you have young, strong well dressed illegals paying with food stamps???
      On another note I think what this artist is doing is wonderful but how far does this charity reach? Does it touch all ppl from all races and walks of life? So many times you read these things and it only goes to certain ppl in certain circles. I mean heaven forbid we have an all white college or loans for a hard working white man-that would be racist.

December 9, 2010 at 3:49 pm | Report abuse |
  56. 100% american

I'm a natural born citizen of the USA. And I agree if you are legal then our government says f- you ! I have worked steady since I was 16 and I got to get unemployment when my job was outsourced and know what they say... Oh your not working now oh well TOO F'N BAD!

December 8, 2010 at 8:13 pm | Report abuse |
  57. Karyn

Did you know that if you pay more taxes, you get more services? Having a low tax rate may help you in the short run, but certainly doesn't help you in the long run. Americans want services, but they don't want to pay for them. Would YOU work for free? I don't think so. Pony up now or face your country's bankruptcy in the coming decades. The IMF will not bail the USA out. It cannot afford to. Americans need to decide what is important to them, and then figure out how they are going to pay for what they want. You also need to restructure your banking laws and re-regulate the industry.

December 8, 2010 at 7:06 pm | Report abuse |
    • Amy

Oh, please! The reason this country is going bankrupt is because we're fighting wars over oil and sending billions overseas instead of helping our own!! Wake up!

December 9, 2010 at 1:54 pm | Report abuse |
  58. Gerardo

Great to hear that he does it without requesting payback. God bless this man. My son's name is Adam and he also loves to give, he's four. Call Money Management International(consumer credit counseling), they are 100 percent legit in getting debt free.

December 8, 2010 at 7:06 pm | Report abuse |
  59. virgie davis

I wish i could get some help!! Am lossing my home too. I had quintuplets in July 09, I have six kid altogether. I've try to get help but it's like nobody cares anymore.

December 8, 2010 at 7:06 pm | Report abuse |

Here is some helpful advice... Birth control. If you cant support yourself, why have six kids? Pretty irresponsible. As for the ones complaining about learning another language ... No one wants to help an ignorant person.

December 8, 2010 at 7:50 pm | Report abuse |
    • Tracy

Did you have the money to pay for fertility treatments to have quints in hopes of getting a reality show? Or was this a natural pregnancy?

Seems ridiculously crazy to have so many kids in an already overpopulated world when the country is going thru the worst economic time ever. I'll adopt one if they're too much trouble. I hope I don't sound mean but didn't you think at all?

December 9, 2010 at 12:33 am | Report abuse |
    • Amy

I don't know about the OP, but I have 5 kids. When I had them I was making 6 figures, and now I'm barely scraping by. I was also on birth control with 3 of the 5, but it failed. Now I just abstain, because it's the only way I can keep from having more without costly surgery.

December 9, 2010 at 1:52 pm | Report abuse |
  60. SarahFailin

This must be his way of paying back for stealing other peoples' music.

December 8, 2010 at 7:02 pm | Report abuse |
  61. Irita Davis

Does he help kids of single moms go to college or is there a foundation?My daughter is amazing in school and a good student she is the type of child that would give back to the community.

December 8, 2010 at 7:02 pm | Report abuse |
    • Sonia

Irita, your daughter might ask an advisor/teacher at her school, the YMCA or library, local colleges, etc. Check the Internet. There are many foundations and other resources to help bright deserving students, but generally this requires (often a lot of) effort on behalf of the student and student's family. I got a college scholarship through involvement on my school's "Quiz Bowl" team. Not so much is given as it is earned. Good luck!

December 9, 2010 at 5:34 am | Report abuse |
  62. Hgeorge

Finally a celeb who gives to the community selflessly. Much respect to William.

December 8, 2010 at 6:51 pm | Report abuse |
  63. jake chaney

I THINK IT IS GREAT WHAT YOU ARE DOING FOR THE PERSON WHO LOSE HIS JOB U AND MILLION OTHER AMERICANS WENT OR ARE GOING THRU THE SAME THING STOP SITTING AND COMPLAINING PRAY GOD WILL GIVE U TRIPLE WHAT U LOST BUT HE DOESNT LISTEN TO A WHINNER

December 8, 2010 at 6:50 pm | Report abuse |
  64. landof free

THE LAND BELONGS TO GOD. YET HUMANS ARE FULL OF GREED. NOBODY CARES ABOUT OTHERS. WILL.I.AM DOES. BRAD PITT DOES. THERE IS ENOUGHH MONEY IN THIS WORLS BUT THE GOVERNMENT OWNS IT. WE NEED TO HELP EACH OTHER. THIS STRUGGLE MUST STOP. GOD IS NOT HAPPY

December 8, 2010 at 6:17 pm | Report abuse |
    • shaay

Your words are so true!!! Greed and Power is what is destroying all of us. And yet, they still don't realize there is no power to any of us. None of us made this word, or the sun, or the moon, or the air. Only the one who did these things have the TRUE POWER. Silly humans. What a wonderful thing Will i am is doing, I pray great things for him and all who touch him.

December 8, 2010 at 6:59 pm | Report abuse |
  65. chana

Well..... if hes being so generous "Buy me a house " lol!

December 8, 2010 at 6:13 pm | Report abuse |
  66. Own

Great gesture! If some of the people who got super rich off the citizens of this country would step up and do this then we might see some real progress toward economic recovery.

December 8, 2010 at 5:44 pm | Report abuse |
  67. chris cross

Cudos to u brother

Some has a heart to help out

Its a shame our gov can't help with out some kind of catch they let this happen

December 8, 2010 at 5:31 pm | Report abuse |
  68. sorry

It sucks that you lost sooo much and im sorry for that, however think of what u do have try and think positive even if its hard.... Will.i.am is doing a wonderful thing please dont degrade it. Again i am sorry

December 8, 2010 at 5:09 pm | Report abuse |
  69. hmmm

Bobbi...you answered your own question. You have your friends. I'm sorry for the difficulties you have experienced and I hope things get better for you. Why did you lose your job? I would think with a surgery you'd be protected by FMLA.

December 8, 2010 at 5:03 pm | Report abuse |
  70. Jude Pavelecky

I admire when a person does something that will help others with their wealth. It will be a legacy that many will remember other than what kind of designer clothing you wear. I applaud your kindness and generosity.

December 8, 2010 at 4:48 pm | Report abuse |
  71. Bobbi

Where was the help when i was going through a divorce, had heart surgery, had to take 2 months off of work unpaid, lost my job, and lost my home, all within 8 months? i couldnt get any help and now i am bouncing from friend to friend so i dont have to sleep in my truck at night.Where is my help? There isnt any for us here in the US. It seems like if you are a citizen of this country you dont count, you cant get any help but if you arent a citizen or if you are a criminal you get all the help in the world.

December 8, 2010 at 4:46 pm | Report abuse |
    • billy b dick

Maybe you should stop crying on the internet and get a job. Baby.

December 8, 2010 at 5:31 pm | Report abuse |
    • Hgeorge

Jesus some people are so selfish....like you. Inconsiderate dirtbag.

December 8, 2010 at 6:54 pm | Report abuse |
    • shaay

I SO SO AGREE!!!!!!!!!! americans born here, who have put millions and billions into this country CAN NOT GET CRAP, its a DISGRACE. Guess i should brush up on my Spanish or whatever!!!!!

December 8, 2010 at 6:55 pm | Report abuse |
    • survivor

I normally don't reply to comments, but Bobbi I just had to with your comments. What I read in your comment was "OH POOR ME". I personally just completed 12 months of chemo after going thru 2 surgeries last year, just got home TODAY from being in the hospital for 3 days and will need another surgery after the first of the year. I to could have got divorced, lost my job, my home, everything that I have worked for, but instead I found a company that allows me to work from home. I'm sorry that you have experience all of those things/issues, however, you do have a skill and that is you know how to use a computer. There are many companies that will allow you to work from home or go back to school.

December 8, 2010 at 7:08 pm | Report abuse |
    • Sonia

Bobbi, than you especially should appreciate what this gracious talented and fortunate man is doing to help less fortunate people in difficult times! Obviously he can't help everyone who's lost a job and home in this economy, but the fact that he's doing something to help some warrants respect!

I'm more U2 (though I have a few BEP albums). . . sometimes I listen and think "should I really like this" but the tunes are so infectious!! Tonights gonna be a good good night (for some lucky families) thanks to will.i.am!

December 9, 2010 at 5:28 am | Report abuse |
    • smasheduprr

Hi I am "not an idiot like you" and I'm white and 12 and my parents have paid the mortgage and recently my teacher Mrs Henry explained to us why this is not a good time for money and poor people and how homes are disappearing and I don't know much about being poor but I'm pretty sure it happens when you aren't working hard enough like time my dad asked me to wash the BMW but I just played with the hose instead and only got half my allowance >:(

December 9, 2010 at 6:22 am | Report abuse |
    • Caasi

No 'You are not an idiot like me'. You're a special special kind of ignorant.

As for the misfortunes of Americans, these are some rough days. I know how you feel. I had to sell all my collections (vintage records, instruments, jewelry, designer shoes, etc) but I worked hard when I could and with that I kept my home.
      Wouldn't it be nce if all the mega-rich of this country would help a few people as Wiil.I.Am is doing.
      God bless America.

December 9, 2010 at 6:45 am | Report abuse |
    • Allaboutme

Yeah way to take a nice story and make it all about YOU. He is doing something positive for his country...I think that is great. I'm sorry you have had a hard time, and wish you well....but this is not about you!

December 9, 2010 at 12:41 pm | Report abuse |
    • David

Wow Bobbi – but you have managed to keep your internet turned on. That's really too bad. I didn't think it could get much worse.

December 9, 2010 at 1:44 pm | Report abuse |
    • Diane

David, did you ever hear of this little thing called a library? How do you know Bobbi isn't posting from there? Or from a friend's house? Or from a church? Internet cafe? Starbucks? Krystal? There are TONS of places with free internet, and you don't even have to have a computer at some (like the library). Way to ASSume, though.

December 9, 2010 at 2:34 pm | Report abuse |
  72. Yolanda

god will bless u.

December 8, 2010 at 4:37 pm | Report abuse |
  73. ismael quesada

It is great to see so many options to help people out of financial hardships. However, if you are thinking about using a debt settlement company, how do you know how to find a company that is reputable, honest, trustworthy, will save you money, and won't rip you off?

I want to shed some light on what is and what is not possible.

December 8, 2010 at 4:36 pm | Report abuse |
  74. Steen

Simply AMAZING! Much love to you baby!

December 8, 2010 at 4:35 pm | Report abuse |
  75. Angela

Its a beautiful gesture on your part to help the less fortunate that way god bless you

December 8, 2010 at 4:29 pm | Report abuse |
    • portalpunk

I'm starting a new program called portalpunk.i.am its goal is to make fun on lame drippy posts like this one. I'm also having bono, george and cindy come hang out at my house for din-din.

December 9, 2010 at 11:04 am | Report abuse |
    • portalpunk

p.s. thats a snappy cap will has on

December 9, 2010 at 11:07 am | Report abuse |
    • hook

summary of article George Clooney is doing Cindy Crawford..........saved you 5 minutes of your life =)

December 9, 2010 at 11:49 am | Report abuse |
    • hook

also it sounds like a PR stunt... "HEY IM ALSO MAKING AN ALBUM WITH BONO BUY IT!!!"

December 9, 2010 at 12:52 pm | Report abuse |
    • Diane

Did you even think before you posted? A publicity stunt? That's a heck of a lot of money to spend for a publicity stunt for an album! Why can't people just accept the fact that some people actually CARE, as rare as that is these days??

December 9, 2010 at 2:31 pm | Report abuse |
    • Fishsticks

@hook–because will.i.am needs a publicity stunt?

December 9, 2010 at 2:57 pm | Report abuse |