Elle Fanning: Sister Dakota's 'proud of me'
December 8th, 2010

Elle Fanning: Sister Dakota's 'proud of me'

There's no sibling rivalry between Dakota Fanning and her kid sister Elle.

Though 12-year-old Elle has been generating lots of buzz around Hollywood for her role as the daughter of a hard-living actor in the upcoming drama "Somewhere," Dakota, 16, couldn't be happier that her sister's star is on the rise.

"She's really proud of me and I'm really proud of her, and we go and visit each other on sets," Elle tells CNN of her relationship with "The Runaways" star.

Elle, who played a younger version of Cate Blanchett's character in 2009's "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button" and currently appears in "The Nutcracker in 3-D," adds that her big sis doesn't even try to give her acting tips.

"Sometimes she gives me advice," Elle says of Dakota, who was named homecoming queen at North Hollywood's Campbell Hall Episcopal High School in November. "But most of the time it's just being really proud of me and anything I want to do; she's totally supportive of it."

Elle's film "Somewhere," written and directed by Sofia Coppola and starring Stephen Dorff, opens in limited release in New York and Los Angeles on December 22.

1. AKC

Woops...I meant ELLE Fanning

December 10, 2010 at 9:44 am | Report abuse |
  2. AKC

Ashley...You are incorrect. Ellen Fanning did indeed play the role of Daisy at age 6 in the movie. Cate Blanchett played Daisy as an adult

December 10, 2010 at 9:43 am | Report abuse |
  3. ashley

Someone really needs to check their writing. Seller did not play a younger version of Care. She played her daughter. I swear CNN gets lazier by the minute.

December 9, 2010 at 10:30 am | Report abuse |
  4. D

AAAAHHHHH...another sweet child pushed into the entertainment industry and forcing to grow up and work without being able to live life as a child...

December 8, 2010 at 10:35 pm | Report abuse |
    • jordana

Some kids want to act and be in the industry. It is not always the parents who force the kids it can be the other way around. As long as they are happy at what they are doing I say go for it. Not all kids want to go to college but parrents force them to go all the time. Let them follow there dream.

December 10, 2010 at 5:26 am | Report abuse |
    • Nicki

Ahhhhh, another huge assumption made by an anonymous poster who probably does not know any one in "the industry"

December 14, 2010 at 9:51 am | Report abuse |