Chris Colfer to make film debut in 'Struck by Lightning'
December 8th, 2010

Chris Colfer to make film debut in 'Struck by Lightning'

As bullied gay student Kurt Hummel, "Glee" star Chris Colfer knows that the high school years aren't easy. Now, he's bringing teen angst to the big screen in a new movie he wrote and will star in.

Variety reports that the 20-year-old actor will make his movie debut in the self-penned "Struck by Lightning," a coming-of-age comedy expected to be in the spirit of such John Hughes classics as "Pretty in Pink," "The Breakfast Club," and "Sixteen Candles."

The Emmy-nominated Colfer, whose harassed "Glee" character switched schools and is now pining for fellow Dalton Academy student Blaine, is expected to begin shooting "Struck by Lightning" when "Glee" goes on hiatus for the summer.

Variety adds that no other cast members have yet been announced for the flick. Which young actors would you like to see co-starring alongside Colfer?

Post by:
Filed under: Celebrities • Glee • movies

1. Fan in Virginia

And I, too, think he's beautiful when he cries. Nothing on TV moved me as much as when he sang "I Want To Hold Your Hand" earlier this year. Incredible.

December 11, 2010 at 3:59 pm | Report abuse |
    • Gleefan9018

"I Want to Hold Your Hand" was definitely my most favorite song sang by Chris thus far. I hope he ends up going back to school with New Directions. Who knows? Maybe the director will mix it up a bit and the guy that kissed Kurt will become open too. That certainly would be an awesome twist!!
      And I can't wait to go see 'Struck by Lightning'!! I'll be keeping my eyes open for the date in a year or two. LOL

December 15, 2010 at 3:38 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Fan in Virginia

Chris Colfer has always been adorable but he is quickly becoming a very handsome man. He's changed so much in the year and a half since Glee began. I am glad to see him break into writing and movies. So much talent. I wish him the very best.

December 11, 2010 at 3:58 pm | Report abuse |
    • Lily

I cannot imagine how he will be at the age of 27... For sure smoking hot !

December 26, 2010 at 4:53 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Manning

I'm so excited! I adore Chris Colfer. He's very talented and a great role model. :)

December 9, 2010 at 9:16 pm | Report abuse |
  4. suebrody

Well, since no one answered the question, I don't want any Disney kids coming along. I bet he picks actors a little older, the way they have on Glee. I'd love him to cast Amber Riley, who plays Mercedes. Chris is my favorite actor on the show!

December 8, 2010 at 3:54 pm | Report abuse |
  5. LOL

He is a really cute kid. Too bad he is gay. He could probably get any girl he wants.

December 8, 2010 at 3:02 pm | Report abuse |
    • Emma

I really can't stand when people say "too bad he's gay" as if it's actually bad that he's gay.

December 9, 2010 at 9:15 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mags

I also get ticked off when people say that. "Gee what a great and awesome guy...too bad he's gay." Talk about a back-handed compliment, and I see that way too often. He could probably get any girl he wants? Well, maybe he could get any GUY he wants! I certainly think any guy would be lucky to get him! Perhaps the poster meant if he wasn't gay, she'd have a shot at him??? Umm...yeah, that was probably it. Anyway, I'm thrilled to see this incredibly talented, intelligent, and – yes – beautiful (even when he cries) young man moving into new territory; all the more chances to watch him perform.

December 12, 2010 at 6:55 pm | Report abuse |
    • wren

the phrase isn't inferring that it's 'bad' to be gay, but rather that it's unfortunate that the guy in question is off the market for girls. same as saying 'too bad he's taken.'
      anyways, i'm crazy happy for chris! definitely looking forward to the movie. c:

December 12, 2010 at 10:28 pm | Report abuse |
  6. liz

I'm happy for him, he is very talented, and I will see that movie...I love glee and I love his character

December 8, 2010 at 2:04 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Be Quiet

he's ugly when he cries...and he cries a lot.

December 8, 2010 at 11:28 am | Report abuse |
    • Dragonrider

Really & how many people do you know that are "pretty" when they cry?

December 8, 2010 at 12:13 pm | Report abuse |
    • Sydney

how is that relevant?

December 8, 2010 at 1:27 pm | Report abuse |
    • Claire

This isn't relevant at all.

But anyway, I disagree. I think he's gorgeous whether he's crying or not, and trust me, many people agree.

December 9, 2010 at 9:13 pm | Report abuse |
    • Linh

What a silly thing to say.
      Besides, Chris Colfer is absolutely beautiful, even when he is crying (which is quite incredibly, really).

On-topic of this article; I'm really excited, and so proud of Chris for everything he's achieved.

December 9, 2010 at 9:22 pm | Report abuse |
    • Lily

True, he is ugly when he cries ... which looks more authentic to me.. Strange, but "Chris' ugly cry scenes" are the ones that really touched my heart.

December 26, 2010 at 4:48 pm | Report abuse |
  8. DA

I think Chris is insanely talented and will do it all – tv, movies, broadway, singing, acting, and writing. He can do comedy and drama equally well. I am a huge fan and can't wait to see all the exciting turns his career will take. Congrats Chris on all of your current and future success. You are awesome!

December 8, 2010 at 11:26 am | Report abuse |
  9. Yadi

Colfer is openly gay according to sources. It's good to see him in other projects besides glee. Though the show has given him the huge heads up in the industry I hope he's smart enough to make a name for himself. To be known as chris colfer the actor, not only as "the gay guy on glee"

December 8, 2010 at 10:52 am | Report abuse |
  10. Ron31

It will be nice to see him in other stuff.Can anyone tell me if he is gay in real life, because he plays that character very well. I'm just wondering if anyone can answer that for me please.

December 8, 2010 at 10:36 am | Report abuse |
  11. cheefsfury

THIS GUY IS MY MOST FAVORITE GLEE CHARACTER I WAS REAL MAD WHEN HE WENT TO TAHT NEW SCHOOL THOUHG CUZ IT MEANS LESS SCREN TIME FOR HIM

December 8, 2010 at 10:02 am | Report abuse |