New Kandi Burruss song pays tribute to her late fiance
December 7th, 2010

New Kandi Burruss song pays tribute to her late fiance

It’s been more than a year since the fiancé of Kandi Burruss died, but her new single pays homage to their love.

“Haven’t Luvd Right” tells the story of a longing for a past love and, Burruss said on video posted on her official site, that the song took on special meaning after the death of Ashley “A.J.” Jewell.

“That is a meaningful song, it’s very emotional,” Burruss said. “When I recorded it, I feel like you can hear the emotion."

Jewell died in October 2009 following a fist fight in the parking lot of an Atlanta area club. He had appeared on “The Real Housewives of Atlanta” with Burruss. She spoke openly during the reunion show about her loss. A picture of Burruss and Jewell together appears in the new music video.

“I wish I could hold you in my arms, just one more time baby,” the lyrics say. “I haven’t loved right since you left.”

Click here to watch the video.

1. Treva

Kandi is the most down to earth on the entire Housewives series. She is a buisnesswoman who we can respect. I wish her much happiness in her future.

December 8, 2010 at 9:45 am | Report abuse |
  2. A

Media about her fiancee aside, I've heard a snippet of this song. In my opinion, she could easily break out as 2011's R&B sensation. Having also heard snippets of a couple of her upcoming songs, she has got a VOICE. She perfectly mixes contemporary tones, as well as tones reminiscent of a mid-to-late 90's TLC, Brandy, Toni Braxton or Monica. Not that she's using 'Housewives' as a platform to market her music, but she definitely blows the other 'Housewives' who have released "songs" out of the water by a light year.

December 8, 2010 at 5:58 am | Report abuse |
    • Charmaine

she is a 90"s artist she was a lead in the group Xscape. So her talent is real and understandably the best on the show

December 8, 2010 at 9:28 am | Report abuse |
  3. VEE

I also believe it was a fight about how their business was going -it was not a random fight.Regardless,a man died & his woman wrote a song for his memory.Tis the season......

December 8, 2010 at 5:40 am | Report abuse |
    • gnc locations

"http://www.blurty.com/users/felix6sieldz Thanks for that awesome posting. It saved MUCH time :-)

December 27, 2010 at 1:53 pm | Report abuse |
  4. D

That's a racist statement-it happens to all races-similar thing happened to my cousin and he was white.

December 7, 2010 at 10:17 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Dina

You're kidding. After a fist fight? Another black male who couldn't grow up and be a responsible adult.

December 7, 2010 at 6:50 pm | Report abuse |
  6. D

That is so sad...another death that could have been avoided-may he R.I.P.

December 7, 2010 at 6:00 pm | Report abuse |