'80s and '90s celebs sing 'Let It Be'
December 6th, 2010

'80s and '90s celebs sing 'Let It Be'

I don't know about you, but I've always wanted to see Jason Alexander, Huey Lewis, Kathleen Turner and Ricki Lake sing the Beatles' classic "Let it Be."

Lucky for everyone, the Norwegian interview show "Gylne Tider" has made that dream come true. Watching this music video on Youtube, featuring celebrities from the 1980s and '90s sing (or more accurately, lip-sync) to the famous tune, is a surreal experience.

Just when you think a more random assortment of famous people isn't possible, it proves you wrong. Tonya Harding? Fab Morvan of Milli Vanilli? "Miami Vice's" Phillip Michael Thomas? They're all here.

The video started making the rounds on Twitter late last week, even though it's been online for over a month. It was made to promote the new season of "Gylne Tider," in which three guys (who wear red shirts with their names on them, at least here) interview stars of the past and see what they're up to these days.

One has to wonder if the likes of Malcolm Jamal-Warner, Kelly McGillis, and Judd Nelson had any idea that the video (which received hundreds of thousands of more viewers over the weekend) would take off the way it has in the U.S.

What do you think of this gathering of famous faces from the past? Share your thoughts below.

1. United Dreams

Every one who dreams to play in a movie, welcome to site of the international project "United Dreams"! http://www.unitedreams.007sites.com

December 7, 2010 at 4:05 pm | Report abuse |
  2. marc

the best thing i can say is that it's about eight minutes of my life i'll never get back. that's six minutes of the ridiculous video combined with the two minutes it took me to read the stupid comments and post my own.

December 7, 2010 at 11:57 am | Report abuse |
  3. To Ellen

It’s ok Jesus followers, I understand. Science has it all wrong and the bible and all other writings are accurate. Just like there really is a ring being protected by Hobits, Harry Potter will save the world from evil and Jedi protect us from the Darkside. May the force be with you!

December 7, 2010 at 11:00 am | Report abuse |
  4. JC

Has anyone actually ever seen Tonya Harding and Sarah Palin in the same room?

December 7, 2010 at 10:44 am | Report abuse |
  5. pretty woman

LMAO.....good one palintwit !!!! Cause we dont really get the chance to vote I guess...LOL

December 7, 2010 at 9:56 am | Report abuse |
  6. palintwit

What I want to know is why Bristol Palin didn't participate in this ?

December 7, 2010 at 9:24 am | Report abuse |
    • Mike Carter

Bristol didn't participate because they didn't have a wide-angle lens available.

December 7, 2010 at 10:06 am | Report abuse |
  7. cheerell

Who cares about the song an who can sing it,let's hit some real topics like"The World Ending, or is that to complicated?

December 7, 2010 at 9:02 am | Report abuse |
  8. Leah

Why can't people just take things at face value and enjoy, I don' think it was meant to be a serious video and to be honest it made me smile, who cares who did what or who should or shouldn't be in the video. lighten up people it was all in fun, take a moment to smile and enjoy your life instead of being miserable. Why did you watch the whole thing if it was that terrible.

December 7, 2010 at 8:40 am | Report abuse |
  9. Henrik

RIP Leslie Nielsen

December 7, 2010 at 7:20 am | Report abuse |
  10. Thor

You are missing the point entirely! This is an tv add for the Norwegian TV show "Gylne tider" Its about 3 average Joe's from Norway looking up on the celebreties from the 80's and 90's. The people on this video are people who gained fame in Norway for diffrent reasons, all from one hit wonders to movie stars. This tv show is a huge hit in Norway and are intended for Norwegian viewers who knows how to appriciate their effords and great showmanships

December 7, 2010 at 6:54 am | Report abuse |
  11. bard c

The old stars was interviewed by the Norwegian TV2 and they agreed to sing along to this tune. But they didnt know it would be a video edited together with all these familiar faces. I think some of them now regret they did this.....

December 7, 2010 at 6:44 am | Report abuse |
  12. Aleksandra

Here is another song that Gyldne tider have made... We are the world with other celebertys
    [youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQOeDYDOCKc&w=640&h=390]

December 7, 2010 at 6:32 am | Report abuse |
  13. Frode

It's a great video. Puts a smile on my face.

December 7, 2010 at 4:55 am | Report abuse |
  14. Joshua

We need more videos like this.

December 7, 2010 at 3:30 am | Report abuse |
  15. Shane

There are a lot of people on this board that simply do not get it. This is a celebration of the 80's. (good and bad) And every one of the people in this video contributed to the entertainment industry in one way another in the 80's. So what if it's not up to Hollywood's "standards." This should be celebrated...not chastised and mocked.

On a side note...Ana-Alicia still looks stunningly beautiful after all of these years.

December 7, 2010 at 3:15 am | Report abuse |
    • Larry

Totaly agree. And what people seem to forget....or probably ttoo young to know, most of the people in this video was A-listed celebs in their time. In 15 years we can make the the same kinda video with Ms. Spears, Paris Hilton, Jonas Brothers and Hannah Montana Cyrus. Then the 12 year olds will think what a bunch of old washed up wannabe celebs....

December 7, 2010 at 1:14 pm | Report abuse |
    • ST

Congrats! Finally somebody who understands it!

December 7, 2010 at 1:46 pm | Report abuse |
  16. zennomad

before you like or dislike "let it be", you should understand what the song is about; how it came to be written and put it into the historical context of the late 60's

December 7, 2010 at 2:10 am | Report abuse |
  17. umad

Mike Carter is mad.

December 7, 2010 at 1:27 am | Report abuse |
  18. Mike Carter

The REAL talent was on ' Dancing With The Stars ' , watching that heifer Bristol pound her way around the reinforced dance floor ! ( Heh, heh )

December 7, 2010 at 12:26 am | Report abuse |
  19. artemis

Does anybody else think that 90% of these people did NOT sing on this recording? Most of these people couldn't carry the solos in real life that they were assigned for the video. This whole thing is really sacrilegious. How dare they mess with the Beatles like this. Worse that Cirque de Soleil doing the Beatles in Vegas.

December 7, 2010 at 12:25 am | Report abuse |
  20. To Accidental

You have it wrong, there is a God, but his name isn’t Jesus Christ, it is “I don’t exist”! I suppose you believe Santa Clause is actually a real person coming to town, the Tooth Fairy actually was the person who left you money and the Easter Bunny really hid the eggs! Go back to reading the greatest fictional book to ever be written, The Bible! By the way, Lady Gaga and Britney are no different then other non-talented acts out there today! Example, Taylor Swift or Justin Beiber. They all suck! Only a matter of time before Taylor makes Britney look like a girl scout! She already makes Britney sound like a great singer! Oh wait, that is auto-tune! Where is the REAL talent in the country?!!!

December 7, 2010 at 12:07 am | Report abuse |
    • ellen

Are we to understand that you are comparing Jesus Christ to Santa Claus, The tooth fairy, and the Easter Bunny? His Father is not going to appreciate that! Worse yet you are trashing Christ publicly. Hope you find the truth before it is too late. Many are called but few are chosen. It may be later than you think.

December 7, 2010 at 1:38 am | Report abuse |
  21. Lola

Tanya Harding is 'famous'...ha ha ha...now that's a laugh.

December 6, 2010 at 11:04 pm | Report abuse |
  22. Marco555

If she had sang it, say like a week after the attack, i can see the interest. But now? mmmm, have you tried Ice-capades, or Tru-TV?

December 6, 2010 at 10:57 pm | Report abuse |
  23. Julian Assange

I will sing "Let it be" unless some american socialite finances a private flight to the moon for Lance Bass and me.

December 6, 2010 at 10:27 pm | Report abuse |
  24. tcaros

The only thing worse than crybaby Tonya Harding is the stuck up Nancy Karrigan. I never thought she deserved silver. She's totally uncoordinated on the ice. She looks like a small horse with skates.

December 6, 2010 at 10:23 pm | Report abuse |
    • CathyC

You made me laugh!! Plus, Nancy whines "why meeee? Oh, God, whyyyyyyy????"

December 6, 2010 at 11:49 pm | Report abuse |
  25. MS

"I've always wanted to see Jason Alexander, Huey Lewis, Kathleen Turner and Ricki Lake sing the Beatles' classic "Let it Be"

Then you have some serious issues.

December 6, 2010 at 10:18 pm | Report abuse |
  26. Mike Carter

Kaitlyn – Calm down. Didn't mean to offend so much by calling the song ' one of the worst '. Perhaps I should have said that it just wasn't near one of my favorites. The Beatles wrote, sang, and recorded over 300 songs. If anyone feels that, out of those 300, this was one of the the better Beatles songs, that's okay. My musical tastes are obviously far different than theirs. One of the best things about music is that there's something for everyone. No two people will ever agree on best groups, best singers, best songs, songs they like or dislike, etc.
    Let's just say that I like ' Let it Be ' about as much as I like Tonya Harding.

December 6, 2010 at 10:04 pm | Report abuse |
  27. Boney

Awesome. A beautiful song and very nostalgic show with these actors performing it. Anybody now why they all agreed to do it?

December 6, 2010 at 8:09 pm | Report abuse |
  28. Daniel

wow voice synthesizer's can make anyone sound good – I guess that explains Britney Spears!

December 6, 2010 at 6:57 pm | Report abuse |
    • Peaches

Spears has a great voice, even if she doesn't use it well. Ever see her audition video? Autotune and other production tools ARE what make Taylor Swift and many other voiceless singers into stars, though. Swift cannot carry a tune!

December 6, 2010 at 8:34 pm | Report abuse |
    • Daniel

Peaches are you trying to argue that Britney(I sing like crap through my nose) is better than Taylor Swift? I don't listen to either but I can assure you that Britney Spears has about as much talent as Kelly Osbourne. I will say that she looks better (marginally) than Kelly Osbourne.

December 7, 2010 at 1:13 am | Report abuse |
  29. 60s Teen

Beatlemania @ 13! great memories!.. but today I found more entertainment on this blog than the video!

December 6, 2010 at 6:34 pm | Report abuse |
  30. V Saxena

HAH! Carlton Banks. Bud Bundy. LOL. I love it. I definitely enjoyed it more than I thought I would.

December 6, 2010 at 6:28 pm | Report abuse |
  31. My Ears Hurt

The Beatles version of Let It Be is so beautiful. Unfortunately, this arrangement is a piece of crap! This is the worst remake of an original song since Hilary Duff singlehandedly killed My Generation!

December 6, 2010 at 6:10 pm | Report abuse |
  32. Bella

This bi**h is a waste of space just like the Palins! How is your knee doing Nancy? I bet you still and always will have a problem with it.

December 6, 2010 at 5:51 pm | Report abuse |
  33. DonnyB4

Let it Be... Whack her Knee!

December 6, 2010 at 5:51 pm | Report abuse |
  34. Kaitlyn

To "Mike Carter" way up this page: One of the worst Beatles' songs he said. That phrase took my breath. Sorry if I'm really late and if there have been many more to say something about this, but I'm in a hurry and didn't have time to read all the comments but I had to say something. "One of the worst Beatles' songs ever" ............. I can't think about that anymore.

December 6, 2010 at 5:34 pm | Report abuse |
  35. RJAGAIN62

People actually think the people in the video were singing...... and these people can vote !
    Scarry ...

December 6, 2010 at 5:25 pm | Report abuse |
  36. bitnar

Who was actually doing the singing?

December 6, 2010 at 5:23 pm | Report abuse |
  37. Sahari

Beautiful reminder that we are all One, and One is Love. All the silly games slips away in a tide of forgiveness as Love appears.

December 6, 2010 at 5:11 pm | Report abuse |
  38. Julian Assange

Oh yes...and my little doggie "Mr. Snuggles"

December 6, 2010 at 5:03 pm | Report abuse |
  39. Julian Assange

We need to focus on me more....

December 6, 2010 at 5:00 pm | Report abuse |
  40. Lois

Check out

for a great version of Let It Be

December 6, 2010 at 4:56 pm | Report abuse |
  41. JT

I laugh at the "Beatle Haters", name anyone who could stack up against them! nobody can or will ever achieve what they did, especially today's music.

December 6, 2010 at 4:51 pm | Report abuse |
  42. marvin

Good reporting and story

December 6, 2010 at 4:46 pm | Report abuse |
  43. johnny rome

. . . beats the heck out of SAVE THE WORLD as far as i'm concerned ! ! !

December 6, 2010 at 4:37 pm | Report abuse |
  44. Phil

..and you wonder why I watch "Life After People"?

December 6, 2010 at 4:35 pm | Report abuse |
  45. Glenn

I really hate these so called celebrities, such egomaniacs, they need to shut up.

December 6, 2010 at 4:30 pm | Report abuse |
  46. Tony

Wow, I thought some of these people were dead. Well Leslie Neilsen is no longer with us, but I saw some faces I haven't seen in ages.

December 6, 2010 at 4:27 pm | Report abuse |
  47. jeffreak

oh yeah..HappyHo, your awarsome u no that?

December 6, 2010 at 4:01 pm | Report abuse |
  48. Stevie J

That was one of the stupidest things I have ever had the misfortune to watch. I highly doubt any of the people in it were even really singing. I do so regret clicking the link, 6:02 of my life I will never EVER get back.

December 6, 2010 at 3:58 pm | Report abuse |
  49. jeffreak

WHY? Why would anyone do this...it was...strange, hard to watch, yet, for some reason, I couldn't stop watching it...like a car crash at a NASCAR event...

December 6, 2010 at 3:53 pm | Report abuse |
  50. Scott

I didn't think there could be anything worse than Dancing With The Stars, but, here you go. What was Glenn Close doing there?

December 6, 2010 at 3:48 pm | Report abuse |
  51. Jellybeany

FABULOUS!!!!!

December 6, 2010 at 3:36 pm | Report abuse |
  52. Rin

I thought Peter Faulk was dead!

December 6, 2010 at 3:30 pm | Report abuse |
  53. Lola

If you don't catch the humor in this, you must be taking life way too seriously. Here are a bunch of - be honest, now - has-beens, willingly making fun of themselves by singing about redemption during "times of trouble." They are hamming it up. They're having a great time spoofing themselves.

Do you need to be hit over the head with a hammer? It's hilarious!

December 6, 2010 at 3:27 pm | Report abuse |
  54. james

Tonya is one of those who we wish would disappear for good from the media.

December 6, 2010 at 3:25 pm | Report abuse |
  55. Steve

Let it be has one melody more than i can say about a lot.
    but why cant actors just stick to acting,notice no one sings a bum note and there tuning is spot on,the producers obviously used melodyne or some other pitch correction program to correct most of there crappy real notes,now everyone can sing and these actors sure know how to act like a rock star , this is a joke and downgrades real musicians

December 6, 2010 at 3:23 pm | Report abuse |
  56. Rick

This sums up my thoughts on this fantastic video: http://lonelytailgater.com/uncategorized/a-video-that-made-me-exclaim-jesus-_____-is-still-alive-multiple-times.html

December 6, 2010 at 3:00 pm | Report abuse |
  57. MadCityBabe

....never really cared for the Beatles, a bit before my time.....................I find it funny that some people refer to these guys the world's best rock group............are you kidding. They are just one of several groups that started it all. It was early stuff no one did it before, but come on......if you really listen to them they are not all that good.....kind of like the crap we have today

December 6, 2010 at 2:58 pm | Report abuse |
  58. BlueK

I literally hate all of these celebs now. I threw up a little in my mouth and cried. This song was just violated in so many ways. Someone should file a report with SVU.

December 6, 2010 at 2:55 pm | Report abuse |
  59. RUSH

Dear Tanya – please make another $ex tape that not even the pervs (like me) cared about.

December 6, 2010 at 2:54 pm | Report abuse |
  60. HappyHo

Real fun video with a large amount of really great people! Tonya Harding is a real nice girl in reallife she is from my hometown and is smart too boot. Milli nmilli was a great bansd and those were rumors about them lipsincing only rumors. david Faustino was great for fox and mareried wid dah kids stuff. Everyone bottom line is Lady Gaga is truly a talent. Look at her early videos. She has passion and is sincere in her work. Theese people will be doing alot more work together! I look forward to it!

December 6, 2010 at 2:33 pm | Report abuse |
    • lettertotheeditor

I agree with everything happyho said.

December 6, 2010 at 2:38 pm | Report abuse |
    • norwegian

Rumors?? lol – well...in the interview of Gyldne Tider, he admits and talks a lot about what it was like to lipsync, why they did it and how it was to get caught doing it.

December 7, 2010 at 6:18 am | Report abuse |
  61. jrc

Love Tonya, she got a raw deal then got caught in the raw...(awesome video though!)

December 6, 2010 at 2:30 pm | Report abuse |
  62. mtnmedic

Jesus, Tonya haters....it's been SIXTEEN FREAKIN' YEARS! Let it go! What bitter little hater trolls you are! How woulld YOU like it if you made a monumenal mistake and everyone on the planet held it against you for the rest of your natural life? Wow...what a miserable bunch of janky retards! Do you wake up cranky and bitter at the world every morning? Seriously...NOBODY deserves hating on for the rest of eternity. Except Hitler and the Nazis.

You people need to take some meds, go pluck some fpretty lowers, get laid, find $10 on the street or something to brighten your miserable lives. I know...why don't you just freakin' GROW UP?

December 6, 2010 at 2:22 pm | Report abuse |
  63. Bruce

Milli Vanilli? Did they lip sync it?

December 6, 2010 at 2:20 pm | Report abuse |
  64. Mr. Santa Monica

MORE HORRIFYING than the SAW SERIES

December 6, 2010 at 2:17 pm | Report abuse |
  65. Jim Jones

Tonya Harding is just as bad as Mark David Chapman!!

December 6, 2010 at 2:08 pm | Report abuse |
  66. JackNH

Wait, how does Katerina Witt, a classy World and Olympic champion end up on the same screen as Tonya Harding...?

December 6, 2010 at 2:01 pm | Report abuse |
    • sskrill

I'm not sure I would say classy, but if you must, then include Alberto and Dan too.

December 6, 2010 at 2:13 pm | Report abuse |
    • JoeJoe9

The same way a judgemental hater like you ends up making that comment.

December 6, 2010 at 2:57 pm | Report abuse |
  67. Shane

Did anyone yell "Norm!" in the appropriate location!?

December 6, 2010 at 2:01 pm | Report abuse |
  68. Fortress1133

Freddy Krueger... LOL! And Millie Vanilli fits right in with the lip sync! Seriously, the artists actually singing do a great job with a great Beatles song!

December 6, 2010 at 1:54 pm | Report abuse |
  69. Tom

They might be has beens, BUT. 90% of them right music, produce, direct, make a hell of alot more money that most of the losers that say they are worthless. Keep up with the times and don't be haters

December 6, 2010 at 1:47 pm | Report abuse |
    • Janis Joplin's Liver

What's it like to worship people who wouldn't p*ss on you if you were on fire?

December 6, 2010 at 1:49 pm | Report abuse |
  70. AJ

To be honest, I don't care which song they're singing, it was just fun to see so many people I hadn't seen in years. Too funny trying to explain Freddy Krueger and Twisted Sister to my 9 year old!

December 6, 2010 at 1:42 pm | Report abuse |
  71. Janis Joplin's Liver

Useless people (with the exception of "Dr. Giggles", that is) mouthing along to Beatle dreck. I wonder if Tonya Harding's still hooking?

December 6, 2010 at 1:38 pm | Report abuse |
  72. Mfred

OH BOY! Can't wait for Harding to joing up with the Palin clan. It's only a matter of time!

December 6, 2010 at 1:35 pm | Report abuse |
  73. Cooper

I enjoyed it. I didn't know everybody, I am assuming some of them are better known in Europe, but it was good to see how some that I did know look today.
    I don't understand why Miss Close was in the video though...she still rocks!!

December 6, 2010 at 1:33 pm | Report abuse |
  74. Martin A. Kopp

I would pay good money to hear Lou Ferrigno sing Let It Be in its entirety.

December 6, 2010 at 1:29 pm | Report abuse |
  75. Hello

That was weird.

December 6, 2010 at 1:23 pm | Report abuse |
  76. Andy

I would listen to it as long as I could set my ears on fire afterwards. Huey must be havin trouble getting gigs.

December 6, 2010 at 1:22 pm | Report abuse |
  77. Guest

Really, the more comments I read, the worse it gets. Some of you people expect others to just lay down and die because you don't like them. Get a grip.

December 6, 2010 at 1:19 pm | Report abuse |
  78. W.C. Burns

Lovee it!!

December 6, 2010 at 1:17 pm | Report abuse |
  79. wann2know

Now why would this group choose to sing that song, as pleasant as it is? But the population sitting so fat and comfortably numb might be better served with a more upbeat song, like "Revolution".

December 6, 2010 at 1:09 pm | Report abuse |
  80. Truth

Makes me hope for that Beatles Reunion more than ever.

December 6, 2010 at 1:04 pm | Report abuse |
  81. Grogstor

Tonya Harding should have sung Maxwell's Silver Hammer.

December 6, 2010 at 1:03 pm | Report abuse |
    • Sr2

Grogstor had the best reply of all. I enjoyed the video, it was t great lip syncing but I'm pretty sure that's not the point

December 6, 2010 at 4:37 pm | Report abuse |
    • CathyC

bang! bang! Tonya's silver hammer
      came down upon her knee
      clan!,clang! Tonya's silver hammer
      made sure that she would scream

December 6, 2010 at 11:43 pm | Report abuse |
  82. cavantim

This is kind of funny but I prefer the real Beatles – http://goo.gl/VrVyV

December 6, 2010 at 1:03 pm | Report abuse |
  83. Mike Carter

I took a chance, and watched the video. It's got a better beat and rhythm than the original song, I must say that. But some people in it can't sing on tune, which kindof spoils it. I'm thinking of nominating Larry Drake as ' The Walrus ', and Tonya Harding as ' The Fool On The Hill '.

December 6, 2010 at 1:03 pm | Report abuse |
  84. Bone crusha

Tonya Harding should give Julian assange the clap!!

December 6, 2010 at 12:57 pm | Report abuse |
  85. Razor

Surprised they chose "War of the Roses" as a reminder for Kathleen Turner...there will NEVER be a smokier, more seductive lady killer than Kathleen in "Body Heat", its the high water mark for femme fetale!

December 6, 2010 at 12:52 pm | Report abuse |
    • CathyC

Hey Razor, I think you meant "Femme Fatale"! Fetale would make her an unborn baby!! Cheers

December 6, 2010 at 11:37 pm | Report abuse |
  86. ralphie

Lmao what talent!

December 6, 2010 at 12:49 pm | Report abuse |
  87. Jenny

OK guys- all you gripes about the folks in the video ( which was nice to see they're still around hangin in there) I got 3 words for you: LET IT BE!!!!!

December 6, 2010 at 12:33 pm | Report abuse |
  88. pencil4JC

Who cares if the song isn't "supposedly" the best...I love the cameraderie and the nostalgia. Awesome seeing
    all those people together. Enjoy the sound...life is short.

December 6, 2010 at 12:30 pm | Report abuse |
  89. markus

i have a feeling some of the "still high profile" stars (i.e. Glenn Close) had NOOOO idea this clip would dissolve into this "Forgotten But Not Gone" montage.

RIP Leslie Nielsen.

December 6, 2010 at 12:29 pm | Report abuse |
  90. TC

these celebrities need to let it be. It's over the song was terrible.

December 6, 2010 at 12:22 pm | Report abuse |
  91. sunless

better check out that http://www.SUPERSONIC.US.COM

December 6, 2010 at 12:18 pm | Report abuse |
  92. Peter Wolfe

Let itbe is one of my favorite songs of all time! Maybe th hater doesn't like it cause Paul at one time was a catholic even though doubtful still is one. Well, The Beatles Let It Be is a simple song but holds treasuresthat the less religious inclined among us cannot fully appreciate.

December 6, 2010 at 12:15 pm | Report abuse |
    • SarahK

Just a quick fyi/trivia bit: Paul has said in many interviews throughout the years that the "Mother Mary" in Let It Be was his mother, not Jesus's mother. However, he, also said that he appreciated people taking it as a religious song nevertheless if that's how they wanted to interpret it.

December 6, 2010 at 6:03 pm | Report abuse |
  93. br

kathleen turner and darryl hannah didnt know the words?

December 6, 2010 at 12:10 pm | Report abuse |
    • bitnar

Yeah, I was wondering the same thing. How long did it take to film this? I assume they were all filmed separately?

December 6, 2010 at 5:21 pm | Report abuse |
  94. Jake

Interesting video. Good to see so many 80's and 90's stars. But Tonya Harding?? She doesn't belong in the video.

December 6, 2010 at 12:07 pm | Report abuse |
  95. KTM

I retract my last comment. I was very stupid to say that. Sorry.

December 6, 2010 at 12:06 pm | Report abuse |
  96. Nancy Kerrigan

Tonya Harding? How down right inappropriate.

December 6, 2010 at 12:05 pm | Report abuse |
  97. Tap

Wow. One of the worst Beatles songs ever made? Are you serious?

December 6, 2010 at 12:04 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mike Carter

It's just my opinion. ' The Long and Winding Road ' is another lousy one, too. Don't get me wrong – I've been a huge Beatles fan since 1964 ! I have 50 Beatles songs on my computer, but ' Let it be ' isn't one of them. The tempo, tune, and chorus of that song does nothing for me, that's all. I'd say that ' Hey, Jude ' would have been a better song to sing.

December 6, 2010 at 12:14 pm | Report abuse |
    • boocat

If you listen to the versions of both these songs on The Beatles Let It Be..Naked" I'll bet you would change your mind about these songs. Phil Spector butchered them by over-producing them On the Let It Be ..Naked cd, the songs showcase just the Beatles and Billy Preston and none of the schlocky strings and choir. Paul McCartney didn't like what Spector did to these songs and neither did I after I heard them without the schlock.

December 6, 2010 at 12:45 pm | Report abuse |
  98. dajuch

I think it IS all about Love.....and you haters should just stop trying to make fun of anybody. why do you even care?

December 6, 2010 at 12:02 pm | Report abuse |
  99. Jenn

This is quite strange but to my surprise it was also very cool!

December 6, 2010 at 11:54 am | Report abuse |
    • sskrill

I totally agree. It had a nice sound and was kind of enjoyable. I totally forgot about some of those people.

December 6, 2010 at 2:11 pm | Report abuse |
  100. tom cruise...

this would have been much better had it been edited in the 80s...

December 6, 2010 at 11:47 am | Report abuse |
  101. Mik

I thought it was wonderful... and for the record Mike Carter, ALL Beatle songs are awesome!

December 6, 2010 at 11:44 am | Report abuse |
  102. Lee

How ironic the Milli Vanilli guy was lip-synching...and getting applauded for it...

December 6, 2010 at 11:40 am | Report abuse |
    • Martin

Well, he made MILLIONS in the 1980's doing the same thing. ........ at least now he's ADMITTING that he's lip syncing.

December 6, 2010 at 11:46 am | Report abuse |
    • Rosalind

What was so tragic about the whole thing is that Fabrice really CAN sing in real life. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1BungUXOlv0&feature=related

December 7, 2010 at 4:18 am | Report abuse |
  103. EM

wow,
    Minimally talented people lip-syncing the vocals of semi-talented people singing the song of very talented people. Well, they do have one thing in common with the rest of us: unemployment!

December 6, 2010 at 11:40 am | Report abuse |
  104. the_dude

All these wanna-be celebrities wouldn't qualify to carry lady gaga's jock strap.

December 6, 2010 at 11:37 am | Report abuse |
    • KTM

Actually, Lady Gaga will fit in nicely here in twenty years. Her music is the intellectual equivelant of a deep fried twinky.

December 6, 2010 at 12:00 pm | Report abuse |
    • h

hey hey hey don't go and insult twinkies like that.

December 6, 2010 at 1:17 pm | Report abuse |
    • david

Twinkies in jockstraps? That's hot.

December 6, 2010 at 3:15 pm | Report abuse |
    • Rina

So you're saying her music is just as magnificent as a deep-fried twinkie? I think not.

December 6, 2010 at 6:13 pm | Report abuse |
  105. Perkitty

Tonya Harding??? Really?? How does sabotaging someone else's career by having them attacked make you a celebrity??? Why would anyone want HER on their show much less stand in the same room w her.. So what she has done her time..lets ask Nancy how her knee is, how often it still bothers her and how bad the pain is... Go away Tonya and let us forget you...let Nancy sing and Let Tonya Be

December 6, 2010 at 11:37 am | Report abuse |
    • Paul A

Tonya Harding is there because she was HUGE news at the 94 Olympics held in Lillehammer, Norway.Because both her and Kerrigan made it to the Medal round, it was the most watched sporting event of the Games (if not the world at that time)

December 6, 2010 at 8:46 pm | Report abuse |
  106. themoi

Why do they get people who "think" they can sing to ruin a perfectly good song? They should have "Left It Be" and not tortured anybody with this sorry rendition.

December 6, 2010 at 11:36 am | Report abuse |
    • MikeMazzla

I dont think the point of this was to showcase great singing talent..i think you sort of missed the point

December 6, 2010 at 1:13 pm | Report abuse |
  107. Janet

I didn't expect to, but surprisingly, I loved this! It's a great song and I thought this was fun and funny.

December 6, 2010 at 11:34 am | Report abuse |
  108. Mike Carter

I don't care if Tonya Harding can sing a note. She'll always be remembered as a crybaby Olympic loser. Too bad these singers selected one of the worst Beatles songs ever made to sing. There are many others which are better.

December 6, 2010 at 11:33 am | Report abuse |
    • heather

sounds like you are also a crybaby loser....

December 6, 2010 at 11:37 am | Report abuse |
    • Jiff

One of the worst Beatles songs? Are you for serious?

I don't even know what to say to that comment.

December 6, 2010 at 11:50 am | Report abuse |
    • Truth

He's right. The song sux!

December 6, 2010 at 11:56 am | Report abuse |
    • Terry

If you think "Let it Be" sucks then you need to go back to your basement and stick to listening to Hannah Montana songs.

December 6, 2010 at 12:10 pm | Report abuse |
    • boocat

Would you rather have them sing "Happiness is a Warm Gun?"

December 6, 2010 at 12:41 pm | Report abuse |
    • Doris

Regarding Tonya, she made a huge mistake and has been paying for it ever since then. I think we should give her a break. Haven't we all made bad decisions, bad mistakes in our past? We can't do anything to redo our mistakes, the past is the past either good or bad. We all need to live tor today and tomorrow and try and be better people and love ourselves and our families. We need to try and forgive people who have hurt us. Life is to short to knock other people down. Live and let live. Be happy and thank God for each day you have.
      Merry Xmas and Happy New Year to everybody.
      Doris

December 6, 2010 at 1:10 pm | Report abuse |
    • MikeMazzla

I wouldnt call myself a music expert but even I know that Let It Be is one of their great songs.

December 6, 2010 at 1:12 pm | Report abuse |
    • Melanie

boocat: bang bang shoot shoot! Lol

December 6, 2010 at 1:31 pm | Report abuse |
    • Joe

Hey Mike Carter.... Doris is peaking words of wisdom, just Let It Be!

December 6, 2010 at 1:48 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mok

I respect the Beatles for what they did but please...most of their early songs sound like they wrote the words with nothing on their minds. Its cheesy pop of the time as were most other bands like the Turtles. It wasnt until '67 with their trippy stuff that they started making a difference in the musical world except that the Doors were there to do it better.

December 6, 2010 at 2:52 pm | Report abuse |
    • dnote

yes doris, most of us do make mistakes. However, most of us do not hire our boyfriends to bash in the kneecaps of our biggest rival in an attempt to win a medal in the olympics. She had everything to do with it. Anyone who doesn't think it was her idea is an idiot, that would be the equivalent of thinking OJ didn't do it. She deserves nothing.

December 6, 2010 at 3:48 pm | Report abuse |
    • rjo3491

Cheer up Mike, it'l get better!

December 6, 2010 at 11:34 pm | Report abuse |
    • And

Let It Be, one of the worst? Slap yourself!

December 6, 2010 at 11:46 pm | Report abuse |
    • MaggieJS

dnote – You've got it exactly. Thank you! Doris, Tonya is a criminal, and while she can be forgiven for her actions, I don't think she should be put into the public eye ever again. She needs to go away.

December 7, 2010 at 9:25 am | Report abuse |
  109. Mblowme*

First?

December 6, 2010 at 11:29 am | Report abuse |
    • Kris

I love "Let It Be", especially when Jennifer Hudson sang it at the Hope for Haiti televised fndraiser. But these 'celebs' are making a mockery of a beautiful song. And Tonya Harding is someone to pity, not hate. She will never be forgotten as the white-trash, jealous rival of Nancy Kerrigan. I do think she has made amends recently.

December 6, 2010 at 2:00 pm | Report abuse |
    • ROBIN DANNER

I think the video was awesome. "Let it be" is an all time classic. It's great to see such a diverse group come together and do this. Music is the universal language!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

December 6, 2010 at 2:31 pm | Report abuse |
    • Gordon

If you want to see a great version of Let It Be, see this young woman sing it:

December 6, 2010 at 3:46 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jeanne

Pretty cool

December 6, 2010 at 9:14 pm | Report abuse |
    • Greenie

Gordon, ouch! Why did you do that to me? That was terrible!

December 7, 2010 at 12:11 am | Report abuse |
    • mattski

First? That's important? How old must you be, 12?

December 7, 2010 at 6:50 am | Report abuse |
    • amy

The Beatles suck. Baby boomer swill.

December 7, 2010 at 9:46 am | Report abuse |
    • About the soundtrack - Ferry Aid

The original soundtrack is taken from The Ferry aid from 1987. Read the description from this youtube clip. The song starts about 33 seconds into the clip. Gylne Tider has made the participants of their show lipsync to this version of Let it be.

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86Y-2m-HQRM&w=640&h=390]