Dream on 'Real Housewives of Atlanta'
December 6th, 2010

Dream on 'Real Housewives of Atlanta'

I must admit that I was a tad bit bored with Sunday night’s “The Real Housewives of Atlanta.”

Perhaps it's because the past few episodes have been so amped up, that this one seemed almost staid by comparison. The most exciting moment was when Phaedra’s beautiful baby boy took a poop in her hand during yet another a photo shoot.

Mercy me, the symbolism I saw in that little oops is just too, too much so I won’t even go there. That baby is so super adorable though that I couldn’t do anything but laugh. It also served to highlight how disconnected Fakedra appears to be with that kid. Did anyone else feel like Apollo has more of a maternal instinct than her?

Speaking of babies, what was up with Peter throwing a fit cause Cynthia has been talking to NeNe on the phone? Is he worried that some of NeNe’s independence and marital woes are going to rub off on Cynthia? Judging by how less than thrilled Cynthia has appeared about the engagement and the wedding, I would think that NeNe should be the least of his concerns.

I hate to see women placed in a position where they feel like they are stuck between their man and their friends. It can make things so awkward.

That allows for another segue way here with Kim and Tracy the DJ. That whole situation just seemed strange. I agreed with the ladies that if you keep telling people your same sex hook up is no big deal, than why wouldn’t you expect the other housewives to feel like they could delve into the details just like they do with everyone else’s relationship?

And the whole time spent in the studio with Kim was a hoot! Between vocal coach Jan Smith’s attempts to pull some semblance of a singer out of her and Kandi’s exasperation, I wasn’t sure who to feel sorry for. Kim actually did start to sound better the more she worked with Smith. That woman is a miracle worker!

Let us not forget Sheree’s attempts at becoming an actress. While I applaud the Georgia peaches' attempts to step out of the box and follow their dreams, I wonder if they aren’t aiming a little bit too high. Sheree’s audition was just slightly better than her dancing skills – and this time she wasn’t doing it for charity.  She should stick to amateur racing since she appeared to enjoy beating Kandi on the track.

What did you think of this week's episode?

1. Bill Sutton

yes, everyone is correct. Apollo should take that too cute baby, divorce that fake hollier-than-thou trash, find him an upstanding wealthy gay man [hey it's atlanta!] and raise that child beautifully.

January 6, 2011 at 10:47 am | Report abuse |
  2. Kelly

I think Phaedra is making a huge mistake getting indignant about her lying. She keeps saying that everyone should mind their own business, but, she is an "attorney" and getting caught in a boldfaced lie on television doesn't do well for he business, or her character. Doesn't she get that? I think that's why the other girls won't let it up, because they feel that she has a huge character flaw.

December 30, 2010 at 11:49 am | Report abuse |
  3. Mrs. McFadden

Let's go thru all the ladies...okay, NeNe, I feel sorry for her to have to find out that your husband (a person that is suppose to love, honor, and respect you) was talking trash about her and then for it to be played on the radio then to make matters worse she had to find out about it on her first day at work. My heart goes out to her. Sheree needs to find herself another rich husband and do what she does best...nothing. First she's a clothing designer, then she's a dancer, now she wants to act, give me a break and where did this oldest daughter of her's come from. I have been watching this show since the first season and I have never heard her say anything about an older daughter. Khandi, I really think that she is putting too much into Kim. I mean everyone knows that woman can not sing so why even try. I know your trying to be a friend but really Khandi work on your own stuff and let that fool be a one- hit wonder which is what she wanted to be anyway. Pheadra, she tries to play like she is a loving mother and wife but child please. The only reason why she got married is because she was pregnant and her parents made her. I'm sorry but your a grown a** woman that has to do whatever your mother says...are you serious? Her husband Apollo needs to take the kid and run because she acts as if she really don't want to be bother with either one of them. Now last but not least Cynthia, she needs to either grow a backbone or just let Peter go. He is the one that seems more excited about a wedding than she is. Peter is wrong on so many different levels for taking his business problems out on NeNe. That lady is going thru enough and if Cynthia was a real friend she would tell Peter that.

December 7, 2010 at 4:55 pm | Report abuse |
  4. STLrose

Phaedra's baby is just another accessory to her. Something to draw attention to herself. Her hot-con husband should file for divorce from that scary broad, get all the support and maintenance he can, and raise that child as a full-time Daddy. Let that crazy Ego go back to work and get her tubes tied until she exhibits some maternal instincts.

December 7, 2010 at 4:37 pm | Report abuse |
  5. celebs911

on the same note we've made some predictions for some of the other housewives: Tamra from Orange County and Teresa from New Jersey.
    Check them both, if you would like to know what the future holds for these ladies? xoxo

December 7, 2010 at 2:49 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Beach Baby

Cynthia better run – and not walk – away from Peter and that marriage as fast as she can. He's a control freak and a life spent with a guy like that will only lead to misery.

December 7, 2010 at 6:48 am | Report abuse |
  7. THE MUPPET GURL

Kim needs to pay Kandi 4 lettin her sing KANDI'S songs.But thats wht gurlfriends do,help each other out.Now,Pheadra can you calm down and take care of a little baby before you lose your mind,but Apollo can help you out along the way.Trust me.I believe he can.

December 7, 2010 at 12:08 am | Report abuse |
  8. Karen

Khandi is talented and I am happy for her success but to use her talent on the likes of Kim makes me loose a little respect for her. I enjoy good music and to use studio magic to turn no talent into even less talent is an insult to me as a consumer. Don't wrap trash up and tie it with a bow and try to convince me it has value. Kim is nasty and she makes me want to vomit.

December 6, 2010 at 10:23 pm | Report abuse |
  9. OcnLvr62

Can Nene ever shut the heck up? Seriously, that woman doesn't talk, she screams! MeMeMe lil Miss NeNe

December 6, 2010 at 9:59 pm | Report abuse |
  10. D

I think all the women are trashy ghetto fake-a$$ women

December 6, 2010 at 8:00 pm | Report abuse |
    • OcnLvr62

Yea...esp Kim. Can she PLEEEEZZZZZEEEEE STOP SINGING ! ! ! ANd get rid of the flippin wig! Sheree...forget acting, it's NOT your schtick !!!

December 6, 2010 at 9:56 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Thorough

My husband says Peter is insecure because Cynthia is already none too thrilled about getting married, so talking to Ne Ne might might it worse. I hadn't thought of it that way, I was stuck on the way he spoke to Cynthia.

Fakedra makes me shake my head every single time she is on camera, I can't figure out if she is playing dumb or if she is for real.

Kim is very entertaining, she keeps the show live.

December 6, 2010 at 5:56 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Jojo

All I can say is these women truly need to live in reality. They aren't "Real" housewives. Sheree needs to get a reality check and look in the mirror. She ain't ALL THAT and she acts as if men are falling at her feet. Kim well why even bother with her! She is a horrible example to her two girls and running around with a married man and flaunting it in front of her kids makes you wonder if her kids aren't going to go down that same path. Now Nene, she is my girl always keeps it real but she does need to tone it down just a bit.
    Now Fakedra, girl I just ain't got enough words for you! First of all a baby ain't a toy you just dress up and throw to the side. Why did you ever go thru with a pregnancy if you truly didn't want to be a Mom! All these women, need to look real hard into the mirror and realize that they are making fools out of themselve on TV, but I guess people will do everything for money. I"m sure all of them broke as hell and so far in debt to keep up appearances. Stupid Stupid Stupid!

December 6, 2010 at 5:52 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Neababy

Phaedra isn't dumb she's just a bad liar. She KNEW she was full term but didn't want to admit she was pregnant before she got married. I agree, she doesn't seem like the doting new mother at all. I wonder if she really wanted the baby? As far as class goes, like another housewife said "money can't buy you class". She has said and done some of the tackiest and most inappropriate things on the show this season. She's trying to be someone she's not and its painfully obvious.

Peter had a valid point to Cynthia regarding quality time however his behavior at the race track was questionable. I think both he and NeNe are stressed and taking it out on the wrong person.

Kim is a joke. I think Tracy was only brought on to keep people talking. She's being "gay for pay and/or publicity" only. I bet we won't see anymore of Tracy- funny how Kim keeps saying "it was only one night" "I like men" then in the same conversation "a woman knows what a woman likes" and "love doesn't have a gender" PLEASE!

December 6, 2010 at 5:49 pm | Report abuse |
  14. girl raised in the south

You are exactly right ! He is going to be a wonderful father. For a attorney she sure is dumb, because she didnt know how far along she was. And by the way who throws their own baby shower? It is suppose to be a family member or a good friend that plans and hosts the shower for the expecting mother. That is just tacky and poor taste. Class and Money are things you have but do not talk about. It is bad etiquette!!! When someone has class it just shows in that persons behavior. They do not have to go around talking about it, because Fakedra's conduct and demeanor speaks for it self. Fakedra has no class.

December 6, 2010 at 5:19 pm | Report abuse |
  15. girl bye!!!

okay the reason that peter doesnt want Cynthia on the phone is bc he just cooked for her the least she could do is get off the phone and also i wouldnt want my soon to be spouse around someone who is having marital prbms either ...he is right and cynthia should have went off on nene confronting her man like that ...its stupid and childish.....

December 6, 2010 at 5:09 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Child Please!

Phaedra didn't even want the baby, remember the previous episode when she was "shocked" about being full term. Clearly the baby wasn't planned. Apollo is a wonderful father and that baby is lucky to have him, because Phaedra doesn't seem to want anything to do with him. She is so quick to pass the baby off. She can dress him to the nine's but she still doesn't show the loving tenderness a baby needs. Go Apollo! He may be an ex-con but he's one heck of a dad!

December 6, 2010 at 4:58 pm | Report abuse |
  17. girl raised in the south

This week was boring. I agree that Fakedra is just awful with that baby. It is her son! She scared that baby half to death. Apollo is the maternal parent. He's got it. Fakedra does not. Poor little baby Aiden. She is just phony & ghetto.

December 6, 2010 at 4:56 pm | Report abuse |
  18. crystalburger

I enjoyed this week's episode but I must disagree with you about Phaedra. You are correct in noticing that Apollo handles the baby well and helps out. But as a mother, I can see that Phaedra is bonding with her baby. I think we will see her find her 'routine' with the baby as the season unfolds. She will probably get on the kid's nerves as the he gets older but she will be a good mommy.
    Also the drama between Ne Ne and Peter the 'not so Great' was very interesting!!!

December 6, 2010 at 4:47 pm | Report abuse |