When Conan met jeggings
December 3rd, 2010

When Conan met jeggings

Proving that he is a man of his word, Conan O’Brien kept a promise he made that lots of viewers probably wished he hadn’t: he donned a pair of jeggings.

It all started Wednesday night when O’Brien had fashion expert and “Project Runway” star Tim Gunn on his show. Talk turned to a new fashion craze known as jeggings. That's leggings styled to look like tight jeans for you less fashion forward folks.

Anyhow, Gunn let it be known that jeggings are not just for the ladies, at which point, O’Brien vowed to wear a pair for an entire show. And that he did on Thursday night.

Let’s just say it was a sight to behold. Click here to watch Coco sport the new look.

1. Mendra

Doesn't matter – Conan still is not funny and sucks!

December 6, 2010 at 8:42 am | Report abuse |
  2. Anastasia

Why anyone gave this guy ANOTHER tv show is beyond me. He's not funny, he's not good-looking at all & when that commercial comes on where he's "washing" his desk & getting all wet, it makes me want to vomit. I'll take reruns of "Family Guy" over Conan any day!

December 6, 2010 at 6:21 am | Report abuse |
  3. Heru

The guy is original i'll give him that. But originality don't automatically make it funny.

December 6, 2010 at 4:58 am | Report abuse |
  4. Just say no to jeggings

They didn't work in the 80's they don't work now...NO ONE should wear jeggings, male OR female

December 5, 2010 at 8:24 pm | Report abuse |
  5. yo

They should just take him out the show!!!

December 5, 2010 at 2:52 am | Report abuse |
  6. PacMan

Oh no, he did not do the Ashlee Simpson dance. LOL! Here is the video (bottom of post)...SO funny. http://gochicorgohome.com/awesome/desperately-seeking-jeggings

December 5, 2010 at 2:06 am | Report abuse |
  7. Sam

There are certain things you can't un-see...I love Conan, but I didn't need to come thisclose to seeing his bits and pieces! ;-)

December 4, 2010 at 3:26 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Rim

Jeggings and Uggs: Making men more like men for 2010!!!

December 4, 2010 at 3:01 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Mark

And to think this guy makes a living doing this stuff????? I wish he would get a real job waiting tables or some other meaningful service. Not cute, not funny, never was, never will be ???? What a waste of T. V. space and time ???? Rather watch the weather channel or cartoons.

December 4, 2010 at 7:54 am | Report abuse |
    • you!

he is funny ...just because you dont have a sense of humor it doesn't mean he is not funny! ...and the fact that you want him to clean tables..ohhhh what a pathetic, jelous person you are! your life is probably miserable..and you deserve it!

December 4, 2010 at 8:52 pm | Report abuse |
    • Anastasia

Thank you! Someone keeps feeding his ego & making him believe that he's funny, when he isn't. Just because he MAY have been funny as a writer doesn't mean it will translate to the same thing in front of a camera.

December 6, 2010 at 6:24 am | Report abuse |
  10. There are no gods.

How much money did the person who owns Jeggings rights pay Conan to do this so called stunt? That is what I am curious about.

December 3, 2010 at 9:54 pm | Report abuse |
  11. donb

Would it take an "IDIOT" to show up on national TV wearing this garbage?
    BUT then, I just answered my own question.

December 3, 2010 at 9:52 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Observer

Guess it's official: there were no more news stories left today so they switched to a story only to fill space.

December 3, 2010 at 9:49 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Avon Barksdale

When Conan's tour came to Atlanta on June 14th I got a picture taken with Masturbating Bear afther the show. He's a cool guy.

December 3, 2010 at 9:14 pm | Report abuse |
  14. LadyinCO

Whatever is happening to good fashion – this is butt ugly.

December 3, 2010 at 9:06 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Avon Barksdale

Be cool my baby's!

December 3, 2010 at 8:54 pm | Report abuse |
  16. TeamCOCO

Where did he ever find Jeggings for his height?!?!?!?!

December 3, 2010 at 8:26 pm | Report abuse |
  17. SNugles

Who is Conan?

December 3, 2010 at 8:22 pm | Report abuse |
  18. Jenny

Leggings that look like jeans are nothing new. When I was a teen in the 1980's, I had 2 pairs of them. I wonder if I still even have them. I should check, 'cause if I do, I can wear them & be in style again!

December 3, 2010 at 7:41 pm | Report abuse |
    • MrsFizzy

Yeah really, I had some too ...but could you still fit in them??!

December 5, 2010 at 3:46 pm | Report abuse |
  19. hushupp

Sooooooooooo, is there a zipper, or do men drop jeggings , thus mooning and peeing all at the same time. Thank god Im not a guy!!

December 3, 2010 at 6:47 pm | Report abuse |
  20. Karen

Why is Conan still running those lame promos about making that red curtain? I`m sorry he ever came back. Never missed hm.

December 3, 2010 at 6:43 pm | Report abuse |
    • Gwenevere

I totally agree.

December 3, 2010 at 9:08 pm | Report abuse |
    • Bruce

the commercial when he goes to india to make the red curtains is for american express. it's not a promo for his show.

December 4, 2010 at 1:21 am | Report abuse |
  21. ConanSucks

Conan sucks soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo bad

December 3, 2010 at 6:25 pm | Report abuse |
  22. David

Well...I guess he's funny to laugh *at*, if nothing else.

December 3, 2010 at 5:46 pm | Report abuse |
  23. FIFASucks

Men have been wearing those for decades ... they're called baseball players.

December 3, 2010 at 5:26 pm | Report abuse |
  24. ringo

Nothing wrong with men wearing hose. They just need to wear a doublet to cover the codpiece.

December 3, 2010 at 5:23 pm | Report abuse |
  25. Monica

Still Laughing.............................................................................................

December 3, 2010 at 4:52 pm | Report abuse |
  26. D

Conan RULES! THAT'S ALL I GOTTA SAY. SO GO AWAY IF YOU DON'T LIKE HIM. HE IS FUNNY AS HELL AND YOU KNOW IT! KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK CONAN. YOU ARE AWESOME MY FRIEND.

December 3, 2010 at 4:48 pm | Report abuse |
  27. Monica

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA – Love that little dance at the end!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

December 3, 2010 at 4:46 pm | Report abuse |
  28. Tracy

I've never understood why people who don't like the subject take time to post that they don't like it. A) why are you reading the posts anyways? You'd never catch me on any Justin Beiber blog....just saying. B) No one who is reading it cares at all that you don't like the subject. 3) I like squirrels. D) Conan > Letterman > Jimmy Kimmel > the british guy on the Late Late show > Leno

December 3, 2010 at 4:36 pm | Report abuse |
  29. YeaYeaYea....

Athletes (including dancers) have been wearing these for years......they are called 'tights'....and basically, jeggings appear to be tights with a paint job!!!

December 3, 2010 at 4:28 pm | Report abuse |
  30. RJ

Alright I haven't stopped scratching my head ever since NBC decided that it needed to promote Conan to the Tonight Show. Never understood how he was a better choice than Jay. The amount of support Conan got from the viewing public when NBC decided to pull the plug was baffling. And now he almost seems to have attained cult status among the viewing public. What do people see in him? Conan has loads of talent no doubt, but his comedic delivery just doesn't cut it for me.

December 3, 2010 at 4:23 pm | Report abuse |
  31. Buster

In Vermont, we call it long underwear, but usually wear something on top of it.

December 3, 2010 at 4:18 pm | Report abuse |
  32. Bubba

AAAAAAAAHHHH!!!!! MY EYES!!!! MAKE IT STOP!!!!!

December 3, 2010 at 4:14 pm | Report abuse |
  33. Realmen

...wear jeggings...

December 3, 2010 at 3:49 pm | Report abuse |
  34. tiara

Hi Conan... anything to attract attention... Juvenile!

December 3, 2010 at 3:42 pm | Report abuse |
  35. Lyle

I saw it live last night. Laughed SO hard. He knows it is stupid. He knows his 6'4" scrawny body makes it funnier. It was priceless to see live. KEEP IT UP CONAN! You rule! NBC lost big in this fiasco!

December 3, 2010 at 3:39 pm | Report abuse |
  36. SummerC

HaHA!!! Who else could pull that off?? Here is a good article for anybody who wants to know what in the heck jeggings are: http://gochicorgohome.com/awesome/desperately-seeking-jeggings

December 3, 2010 at 3:37 pm | Report abuse |
  37. ConanViewer

That's just wrong. There is a limit to the low you can get to. Conan disproves that notion altogether. I like his new show and (also his old Late show) but I don't get his unfathomable enthusiasm to laugh uncontrollably at his own jokes.

Anyone know anyone who really got the CRUZE from his show that teamcoco has been unabashedly advertising.

December 3, 2010 at 3:32 pm | Report abuse |
  38. Haters

All TV Satirists / Comedians have their own...niche. Stop hatting, learning ot appreciate something. I don't want to hear your negativity, or read it.

December 3, 2010 at 3:21 pm | Report abuse |
  39. Richard Allen

Conan is still the man.

December 3, 2010 at 3:21 pm | Report abuse |
  40. mizh

YIKES!!!!

December 3, 2010 at 3:08 pm | Report abuse |
  41. BustinLOOSE

Man ... That's just ... NUTS

December 3, 2010 at 3:04 pm | Report abuse |
  42. Jiggered

To be or not to be — that is the question.

December 3, 2010 at 2:48 pm | Report abuse |
  43. Aaron

I watched one of the new Conan shows the other night and I just couldn't get into it. I was a fan of Conan back in the Late Night days but it seems to be the same schtick over and over.

I'll stick to DVRed reruns of NewsRadio...

December 3, 2010 at 2:45 pm | Report abuse |
  44. Really?

This idiot still has a show? He is not funny, he never has been, and he never will be. He is a waste of human flesh, a waste of air, and a waste of am otherwise perfectly good TV time slot.

December 3, 2010 at 2:41 pm | Report abuse |
    • akranger

...ok like lopez should still be on the air for any reason.

December 3, 2010 at 2:44 pm | Report abuse |
    • EmSeeDubayou

tell us how you really feel...

ouch!

December 3, 2010 at 2:45 pm | Report abuse |
    • alexcemd

Now now Carlos Mencia, If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all.

December 3, 2010 at 3:05 pm | Report abuse |
    • tamNH

Well, there is simply no accounting for taste, is there?

December 3, 2010 at 3:11 pm | Report abuse |
    • Lyle

Go back to watching Leno then. Truth is, Leno is junk...Conan is genius! Conan has more originality in his little finger than Leno does in his whole body!

December 3, 2010 at 3:37 pm | Report abuse |
    • E

You must be an older lady/gentleman....

December 3, 2010 at 3:40 pm | Report abuse |
    • dnote

and a waste of am otherwise perfectly good TV time slot...."am" you're just a waste, period.

December 3, 2010 at 4:10 pm | Report abuse |
    • right on

true story.

I stick with colbert and jon stewart... you know, witty/smart comedians

December 3, 2010 at 4:59 pm | Report abuse |
    • Really?

@dnote – Oh no, a typo... I'm sure you've never done that before. Go die in a fire.

December 3, 2010 at 5:32 pm | Report abuse |
    • Rene

?Really, you REALLY need some psychiatric help and medication. You wish death by fire to someone who didn't like your comment? I hope to God you don't have children. What a friggin' psychopath.

December 4, 2010 at 3:15 pm | Report abuse |
    • KB

@Rene, you're showing your ignorance of a common internet catchphrase. Google it.

December 5, 2010 at 12:57 pm | Report abuse |
  45. derek

Those make him look like a character from Rock Band. lol

December 3, 2010 at 2:38 pm | Report abuse |
  46. mjwilstein

The jeggings also made an appearance in Conan's second preview of Spiderman the musical: http://gtcha.me/ftJOSS

December 3, 2010 at 2:38 pm | Report abuse |
  47. Casey

I love this man.

December 3, 2010 at 2:34 pm | Report abuse |
  48. mrskool

He's an idiot ... the best thing about his show are the musical guests – CAKE was Great !

December 3, 2010 at 2:06 pm | Report abuse |
    • Erica

Wolf Blitzer has musical guests? (Sorry, I know we can't help the order the posts appear!)

December 3, 2010 at 5:24 pm | Report abuse |
  49. Avon Barksdale

UPDATE: I just got a call from Wolf Blitzer who informed me that we can say the word masturbating. Thank's Wolf, I think Conan and MASTURBATING BEAR will be happy when they hear about this.

December 3, 2010 at 1:30 pm | Report abuse |
  50. Avon Barksdale

That's Classic Conan right there! This is why I like Conan. It's weird, Conan seems to have his best shows when he doesnt have A-List stars. I guess that's why he's the best. Also, DOES ANYBODY KNOW if he's gonna use TRIUMPH THE INSULT COMIC DOG and 'SELF-PLEASURING BEAR'?(sorry, CNN wont let me say his real name- HATER'S). 'SELF PLEASURING BEAR' was on Conan's tour and TRIUMPH was there so maybe there's still hope.

December 3, 2010 at 1:21 pm | Report abuse |
    • jeff

Pretty sure the bear has already been on since he's come to TBS.

December 3, 2010 at 2:45 pm | Report abuse |
    • Erin

Aren't the characters the property of NBC? Don't think he can use them without their permission.

December 3, 2010 at 4:10 pm | Report abuse |
    • peanut brittle

Jack off bear was on the first show.

December 3, 2010 at 4:20 pm | Report abuse |
    • ppf

the masturbating bear was in the first show. he got a job picking the numbers for the Mega Millions.

December 3, 2010 at 4:26 pm | Report abuse |
    • kathy

NBC doesn't own the rights to Triumph, the comic who created him does. Triumph appeared on Conan's "Legally Prohibited" concert tour, so I expect that he will eventually appear on the new show as well.

December 3, 2010 at 4:34 pm | Report abuse |
  51. Elgin MC

I saw this last night and was literally crying with laughter.

December 3, 2010 at 1:13 pm | Report abuse |
    • RollingOnTheFloor

I was ROTFL watching the jeggings bit.

December 3, 2010 at 3:15 pm | Report abuse |
    • Rayra

I too was crying with laughter when CoCo revealed his jeggings. He's fantastic and I'm so glad he's back on the air!!!

December 3, 2010 at 6:36 pm | Report abuse |
  52. cheefsfury

THATS SO GROSS

December 3, 2010 at 11:56 am | Report abuse |
    • Sam

Yes gross....but perfectly normal for men/boys to parade, butt-naked, around locker rooms, engaging in long and thoughtful conversations.....that's OK. But god forbid you wear anything tight cause u might be of the gay.

December 3, 2010 at 3:34 pm | Report abuse |
    • Samsanidiot

Sam... you're an idiot

December 3, 2010 at 4:04 pm | Report abuse |
    • Vato

WHY ARE YOU YELLING???

December 3, 2010 at 4:40 pm | Report abuse |
    • Barky

Hey cheefsfury, maybe all that energy you have could be channeled toward learning to spell. Just a thought.

December 3, 2010 at 4:56 pm | Report abuse |
  53. tidho

I already saw that episode.....when it was called "the puffy shirt".

December 3, 2010 at 11:54 am | Report abuse |
    • MrsFizzy

LOL ...at least the puffy shirt hides more than jeggings though!

December 5, 2010 at 3:43 pm | Report abuse |
  54. wikileaks

I have some information that will bring down jeggings.

December 3, 2010 at 11:33 am | Report abuse |
  55. kiki

This is hilarious and since Conan is a comedian it's okay. However, men should NEVER be caught wearing jeggings, skinny jeans, or leggings in public.

December 3, 2010 at 11:24 am | Report abuse |
    • Revrant

Men do wear them in public, all the time, not jeggings yet, but it's only a matter of time.

December 3, 2010 at 3:05 pm | Report abuse |
    • BioHzrd

I've seen men wear them too and I haven't found any that can truly pull it off. Men please, stop it.

December 3, 2010 at 4:48 pm | Report abuse |
    • Joy

As a woman, I'd rather see that on men than their baggy pants falling off and showing their underwear or butt crack.

December 3, 2010 at 6:23 pm | Report abuse |
    • T3chsupport

I'm not sure which is more embarrassing... having to walk like you're bowlegged, with your ass hanging out, or wearing pants that are so tight you can barely bend over, and you can see the outlines of all of your... stuff. Usually little stuff.

December 3, 2010 at 8:16 pm | Report abuse |