December 2nd, 2010

Eminem leads Grammy nods with 10

Rapper Eminem nabbed 10 Grammy nominations, the most of all nominees, when nominations for the 53rd annual Grammy Awards were announced late Wednesday.

Others with multiple nominations include newcomer Bruno Mars with seven nods; rap icon Jay-Z, country trio Lady Antebellum and pop star Lady Gaga each earned six nominations.

Jeff Beck, B.o.B, David Frost, Philip Lawrence and John Legend each grabbed five nominations.

Here are the Grammy nominations for the major categories:

Album of the year: "The Suburbs," Arcade Fire; "Recovery," Eminem; "Need You Now," Lady Antebellum; "The Fame Monster," Lady Gaga; "Teenage Dream," Katy Perry.

Record of the year: "Nothin' on You," B.o.B featuring Bruno Mars; "Love the Way You Lie," Eminem featuring Rihanna; "F*** You," Cee Lo Green; "Empire State of Mind," Jay-Z and Alicia Keys; "Need You Now," Lady Antebellum.

Song of the year: "Beg, Steal or Borrow," Ray LaMontagne; "F*** You," Cee Lo Green, Philip Lawrence and Bruno Mars; "The House That Built Me," Tom Douglas and Allen Shamblin; "Love the Way You Lie," Alexander Grant, Skylar Grey and Marshall Mathers; "Need You Now," Dave Haywood, Josh Kear, Charles Kelley and Hillary Scott

Best new artist: Justin Bieber; Drake, Florence & the Machine, Mumford & Sons, Esperanza Spalding.

The Grammy Awards will be held on February 13 at the Staples Center in Los Angeles, California.

Post by:
Filed under: Grammys • Jay-Z • Music

1. PC Repairs High Wycombe

Whats up very nice blog!! Man .. Excellent .. Superb .. I will bookmark your blog and take the feeds also?I am glad to find a lot of helpful information right here in the post, we'd like develop more techniques on this regard, thank you for sharing. . . . . .

April 12, 2012 at 12:40 am | Report abuse |
  2. monkey information

Wonderful paintings! That is the type of information that are supposed to be shared around the internet. Disgrace on Google for not positioning this submit higher! Come on over and seek advice from my web site . Thanks =)

March 30, 2012 at 5:06 am | Report abuse |
  3. lien tom

I will give him 20 dollars for it.

June 21, 2011 at 4:02 am | Report abuse |
  4. Benny

I'm a long time fan of Em.. I have good opinions about certain albums and songs, less-than-good opinions about others, and unfortunate opinions about a few... I keep the bad opinions to myself because I was reared better with conversation than to bring up someone's faults. What happened to behaving in public? This is public space where everyone is witness, right? What's to separate this from a grocery store? Does anonymity really turn us into hateful people? If so, is that how you want mankind to be known? Data can last a long time, folks. This is the past we're writing. Do you want to really be that hateful person back in the day? Let's stop the aggression.

Our parents didn't want us to be hateful, I can promise you that.

December 3, 2010 at 2:59 am | Report abuse |
  5. C

Well it looks like the Grammy's have lost all credibility they might have still had after adding Katy Perry's Teenage Dream to the Album of the Year noms. The panel must be deaf or have been paid a very large amount of money to even entertain the idea of putting such horrible music on a Album of the Year list.

December 2, 2010 at 5:00 pm | Report abuse |
  6. MAX

a friend of mine gave me a disc of his talking to music, i got 4 skips across the gulf with it, the music, did i say music the kiddy rhyme sawed off runt wantabe is a punk

December 2, 2010 at 4:36 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Ivan Libya

All this clown does is talk his lyrcs instead of singing them, has not voice what so ever, and they ALL SOUND THE SAME!!

December 2, 2010 at 4:26 pm | Report abuse |
  8. music

EMINEM KEEPS LIFE REAL ON POINT. EXPRESSES HUMBLY WHAT HE GOES THRU. U ALL HATERS NOT FROM THE STREETS AND WHO HAVE EASY LIFE...WAKE UP AND SMELL THE COFFEE. CAUSE SITTING ON YOUR COUCH LIVING A BORING LIFE DONT TAKE YOU TO 10 NOMINATIONS. HELLO..... AND BRUNO MARS IS SO TALENTED AS WELL. BRILLIANT. HATERS....

December 2, 2010 at 4:14 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Robert

Pure trash music.

December 2, 2010 at 4:08 pm | Report abuse |
  10. lauren

Both Pink and Muse got (deserved) nominations for those of you who dont think they did. CNN and most other news sites only listed the nominations for the major categories. If you look at the actual grammy website it shows every nomination in all 109 categories. Eminem fully deserves all 10 nominations and I will definitely be rooting for him. His album was incredible and not all the songs sound alike or are about the same thing.

December 2, 2010 at 4:06 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Bill

"I think Eminem is a musical genius..." Like Beethoven, Bach, Mozart, and the like?

December 2, 2010 at 3:16 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Anon

The amount of people who think Eminem has no talent obviously have no eye (ear?) for talent. Assuming that his music only sells to mouthbreathing morons with anger management issues is just plain ignorant. I know many people who have no desire to listen to hip-hop or rap, but can admit that Eminem is one of the most talented writers and lyricists in decades, perhaps ever (in modern history) that we're aware of. I despise rap/hip-hop and the questionable morality within it's entirety, but even I think Eminem is a musical genius and enjoy his music from time to time.

December 2, 2010 at 3:12 pm | Report abuse |
    • Ivan Libya

@Anon: funny how you write, "and even I" like you're someone that matters and just because YOU like it, it should mean something to the rest of us that think is has no talent to sing?

December 2, 2010 at 4:28 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Music Lover

ESPERANZA SPALDING will BLOW your MIND!!!!
    She is nominated for Best New Artist...If she doesn't win....The Grammy's are a Joke!

December 2, 2010 at 2:50 pm | Report abuse |
  14. nick

This year..eminen will be taking his untalent to south beach..god i hate u eminen ..juggalo woop

December 2, 2010 at 2:40 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Amanda Rowe

This album is absolutely without a doubt his best yet and I am so happy for him, proud of him, and glad that the Grammy committee recognizes his songs and album for their creative genius!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Go Em!!!!!!!!!! I hope he wins them all.

December 2, 2010 at 1:21 pm | Report abuse |
  16. joe

Eminem is the best... and he fought his ass off to prove it in a culture that was not his own.

Haters can have their own opinion, because Iknow what mine is and it won't change.

December 2, 2010 at 12:56 pm | Report abuse |
  17. Jessica Swain

EMENIM rocks dont talk s***

December 2, 2010 at 12:54 pm | Report abuse |
  18. moderated

Sellout's wow since when do they have an obligation to stay poor and waste time on rapping.NO rapper is a "sellout" they hustling to feed themselves so if being a "sellout" gets bank then do it hey its way better then being broke.

December 2, 2010 at 12:53 pm | Report abuse |
  19. sowhat

I don't understand why America loves a trash like Eminem. WTH!

December 2, 2010 at 12:42 pm | Report abuse |
    • Ivan Libya

Think about it. Most Americans are white. He is a white rap artist. Talent or not, they will follow him just cause he happens to be fit mold. He has not singing ability what so ever, all his songs sound the same, yet here we are.

December 2, 2010 at 4:30 pm | Report abuse |
  20. mstai

Love Em always fellow michigander He is not over rated i find it funny how people rant about him and yet he still makes millions and has fans. get a life people!

December 2, 2010 at 12:40 pm | Report abuse |
  21. Disco

The Grammy's are irrelevant and no one watches. That's why they have to have a prime time show to announce the nominees.

Katy Perry? Black Eyed Peas, Justin Bieber? Pluheeeze!

Long live AUTO-TUNE

December 2, 2010 at 12:27 pm | Report abuse |
    • Dani

Wow – commercial music is such a joke!! To see the Grammy's these days is like a High School talent show, unbelievable. All the amazing Indie Artists the past decade have had NO recognition and their talent absolutely blows all this crap away. How sad that the young kids today are growing up wathcing Justin Bieber and Katie Perry and every extremely mediocre artist who was signed because of their age and/or their parents money.

What we need is a REVOLUTION to take over the music busines, and put real artists (the ones with talent) out there again so people will remember what good music and good records and good songwriting actually is. America has become so corporatized with the absolute crap they are pushing its almost CRIMINAL.

December 2, 2010 at 1:57 pm | Report abuse |
  22. May-I

This is the problem with the music industry, You take a white boy that can do "black" music well and they want to make him the King of it. I am not saying that talented but this album is a repeat of the last 2 he put out. and he is nominated for 10 grammys? ARE YOU SERIOUS!! It drives me crazy to this day that people refer to Elvis as "the King" when he got famous off of stealing songs from black artist and repackaging it. Even his later songs were taken from other artist. Yet they refer to MJ as the "self-proclaimed" King of Pop. MJ is still being copied TODAY yet they are still reluctant to admit that he was the best who ever did it. They always want to bring up the trial which he was AQUITTED OF, while people ignore the fact that Elvis brought a 14 year old girl FROM ANOTHER COUNTRY to the US to live with him. Yeah, I am sure he didn't touch her until he married her when she was 18 and he was what, 30??? such hypocracy

December 2, 2010 at 12:04 pm | Report abuse |
    • May-I

meant to say that Eminem is talented, but by no means better than the other artist hitting the charts this year. but 10 grammy's?? for a rap album???when The greatest voice of my generation only won 6 last time?

December 2, 2010 at 12:06 pm | Report abuse |
    • G. Mibalzitch

"Rapper" and "Talent" in the same sentence? Now that's priceless.

Talent has nothing to do with it. Whoever shoots the most people or fathers the most babies, sells the most

December 2, 2010 at 12:29 pm | Report abuse |
    • Bill

At least Elvis had talent. In my opinion, he had the best singing voice I've ever heard.

December 2, 2010 at 3:12 pm | Report abuse |
  23. Yakobi.

Who cares? This guy's career was over 6 years ago when MTV tried to orchestrate a fake presidential campaign for him.

December 2, 2010 at 12:01 pm | Report abuse |
  24. Music Lover

ESPERANZA SPAULDING......HAS MORE TALENT THAN ANYONE NOMINATED!!!!!

She is Genius!
    check her out!

December 2, 2010 at 11:52 am | Report abuse |
  25. Rachel

this article failed to mention that the amazingly talented band, Arcade fire, also got 5 nominations.

December 2, 2010 at 11:51 am | Report abuse |
  26. Lori

I am sorry but rap is not music. I do not know what the heck it is. I wish rap could have its own award show and not be part of the Grammy's at all. I think it is more like the old beatnik poetry stuff. That crap never got Grammy awards. Oh well, I would care less. I save lots of my money for other stuff other than what the music industry produces as "popular music". Down, down, down, the recording industry goes, until “poof” it will be gone!

December 2, 2010 at 11:50 am | Report abuse |
  27. Florence B. Matyas

Eminem's Recovery release is "spun" from experience. The heartfelt recording hints at tools for recovery for the "accepting" listener.
    A masterpiece, not pieces.

December 2, 2010 at 11:40 am | Report abuse |
    • m

You are so very right! I am now a FAN of his.....amazing stuff....but maybe u have to have been there to get it...he is changing and that is so awesome! :)

December 2, 2010 at 12:04 pm | Report abuse |
  28. Carol

I won't be watching this year because music sucks and I hate that white trash loser Eminem. Only emotionally disturbed people like his crap. I'm so repulsed by him I turn the station everytime I hear his music. There are so many positive singer/rappers the Grammys should be glorifying and they always give Grammys to this nut. Grammys is just a meaningless less political award show. I don't listen to any of this music.

December 2, 2010 at 11:33 am | Report abuse |
    • m

Have u even listened to his new album that ia nominated? From your post it seems as though u haven't. You should...it is 100% better than his previously released material! He has changed and improved....

December 2, 2010 at 12:02 pm | Report abuse |
  29. Eddie King

Say, Eddie King really likes Eminem leads grammy nominations with ten...

December 2, 2010 at 11:31 am | Report abuse |
  30. DH

Looks like I won't be watching the Grammys this year. I am getting sick and tired of some of the garbage on the radio today. Mostly hiphop and rap. Whatever happened to good vocals and no lip synching and a variety of genres of music? We used to look forward to the Grammys every year. Not when bland music is nominated in every category instead of staying in their own category (re: R & B/Hip Hop wrongfully nominated in the Pop category, etc.) And most of the categories I like are not even broadcast. Only the so-called "popular" groups and acts. When is the music industry going to come to their senses and back more appropriate music. At least I can sing along with the "appropriate" music.

December 2, 2010 at 11:29 am | Report abuse |
  31. Ginger Monster

EMINEM ALL THE WAY!!!! CHAT BOUT!!
    EM YOU ARE LOVED AND YOUR MUSIC IS APPRECIATED THAT'S WHY YOU SOLD AS MUCH AS YOU DID, AS WE CARIBBEAN'S WOULD SAY
    "LAUGH AFTA BAD MIND AND LAUGH AFTA DEM AGAIN" WE GIVE YOU "NUFF RESPECT"
    LOADS OF LOVE

December 2, 2010 at 11:27 am | Report abuse |
    • saftgek

"Ginger Monster's" post is a perfect example of what is so broken in our society. One need only read the "words," such as they are, to identify the mind that follows the likes of Eminem and those of his ilk. Brain-dead, apparently, is in vogue!

December 2, 2010 at 11:32 am | Report abuse |
    • HAHAHA

Youre as 'street' as a country road loser

December 2, 2010 at 2:42 pm | Report abuse |
  32. matt

In case you needed yet more proof that the Grammys are a total joke...

December 2, 2010 at 11:25 am | Report abuse |
  33. Joe E

He has money and is a joke. It is stupid people who make him what he is. He has no talent. Rap. Ha. So funny to call this a talent. I want to hear him sing. Nah. Because he can't. He should be rich so he can throw it in the face of you idiots who buy his records. He is laughing all the way to bank at all of you every day of his life. What business can a low life thug, go from a street hoodlum to a star just for talking in a microphone?

December 2, 2010 at 11:25 am | Report abuse |
    • Joe E

I forgot to add that he is just the newest white boy who wants to be black. He is the Vanilla Ice of rap. Sure he is rich but that says nothing. And no to all of you out there, I am not broke and wishing I had his money. I have money and live very well. That is why I have the time to waste posting about stupid stuff like this. ha.

December 2, 2010 at 11:29 am | Report abuse |
  34. Leslie

I'm really confused by all of these posts. Music is really subjective – if you don't like what was nominated, that doesn't mean it isn't enjoyable to someone else or doesn't speak to someone else. Writing off an entire genre of music (rap, country, garage guitar – is that a genre?) is just silly. I appreciate all forms of music even if I don't like the style. For example, I'm not a fan of opera, but I can appreciate that it takes a certain skill/talent. I'm not a fan of all rap, but I like some of it and can appreciate some beats and clever lyrics. I like a lot of country music – it seems to be where rock is these days – some truly talented guitarists like Brady Paisley and Keith Urban. I'm not going to run through all styles here, but you get the point. Oh, and making money doesn't make you a sell-out. What's wrong with being financially successful? That's silly too. Don't you want to be rewarded financially for your hard work? Some artists do silly things with their money, but these generalizations make me nuts.

December 2, 2010 at 11:17 am | Report abuse |
  35. Jamal Ali

Future Grammy Award winning singer/songwriter/producer http://www.youtube.com/jamalmusic

December 2, 2010 at 11:15 am | Report abuse |
  36. PATRICK

I guess this speaks volumes...of the 100 or so comments on this article, only about half are anti-Eminem. Pretty small number when you compare it to the 90 million records he's sold worldwide. Must be doing something right.

December 2, 2010 at 11:10 am | Report abuse |
  37. Frnank

never seen so much crying. It's almost like everybody doesn't have identical musical taste or something. get over it.

December 2, 2010 at 11:09 am | Report abuse |
  38. the_dude

rap is for idiots and tards especially white rap

December 2, 2010 at 11:04 am | Report abuse |
  39. Jim Tuffit

A look at the headlines betrays the bias of this "news source." Where is the headline about the rangel censure? Bury it and the average reader won't notice. Is this a "news source" or a tabloid rag?

December 2, 2010 at 11:03 am | Report abuse |
  40. Jay

My points:
    #1 The Grammys seem to be honoring too much of the mainstream crossover pop / R&B / Hip Hop when the other awards shows are already taking care of that. I'd like to see some other artists and genres get awarded

#2 Just because you hate rap does not mean it's not music. You are an idiot if you think that.

#3 Eminem is actually great at what he does, and I respect him for his work.

#4 Whoever said Beyonce is not a real singer is an idiot! Did you even see her performance when she honored Barbara Streisand? Youtube it. She is dope live.

#5 Rihanna is not a real singer. Her fashion, her cute face and look is what keeps her going.

#6 That being said, the industry (Pop, R&B) is built on fashion, looks and what hits you can make in the studio. Take it or leave it.

December 2, 2010 at 11:01 am | Report abuse |
  41. Guester

Grammys. What a joke these days. Hope no one watches.

December 2, 2010 at 10:54 am | Report abuse |
  42. Bec

Poor Muse. Not even one nom. Better luck next time, boys...hopefully Lady Gag-Me and Emin-not will have disappeared by then and you'll get a fair shot.

Oh, wait. This is America. Never mind. Might as well stick with winning all the awards in Europe, then...

December 2, 2010 at 10:52 am | Report abuse |
    • The Dude

Lol actually Muse got a couple nods in the Rock category, and I wouldn't be surprised if they won.

December 2, 2010 at 12:06 pm | Report abuse |
  43. sytraxia

Rap has gone commercial? It's been commercial for decades now. When McDonalds began rapping in commercials (the 80's) it became a joke. The fact that rap actively endorses products in practically every mainstream song means it is just as commercial as an TV advert. You'll be hard pressed to find music that isn't commercial at the Grammy Awards.

December 2, 2010 at 10:50 am | Report abuse |
  44. Ginger

HI HATERS,
    EMINEM WE THE JAMAICAN AND OTHER CARIBBEAN CREW LOVES YOU AND YOUR REALITY RAPS.
    THEY'RE JUST HATERS WHO NEED TO CHECK THEMSELVES AS USUAL.

THIS IS YOURS TRUELY
    DANNIELLE/ J'S WIFE4LIFE
    AKA GINGER MONSTER

December 2, 2010 at 10:46 am | Report abuse |
    • Ballz

Not hating at all – just appreicate music not some white guy pretending

December 2, 2010 at 2:38 pm | Report abuse |
  45. Lexcellent

Lady Gag me?? Eminem? Is this the "no talent but they make money from fools list?"
    Rotten tomatoes of music. I won't even record it to FF thru..

December 2, 2010 at 10:40 am | Report abuse |
  46. Eatapeach10

What a disppointing class! The Grammy's really have become irrelevant to music, which is sad! I used to look forward to this show every year. I think it started back when they gave Jethro Tull the Metal Record of the Year award. Since then, it's been a downward spiral. So, so sad.

Hope Arcade Fire and Mumford & Sons win. At least they have created something of their own merrit. I respect Eminem – I just don't follow the rap scene. Good luck!

December 2, 2010 at 10:40 am | Report abuse |
  47. Joe NYC

Eminem is garbage.. Always has been. He is the Elvis of Rap. The only reason hes even up there is because he is white rapper. Rap has officially gone commercial.

December 2, 2010 at 10:39 am | Report abuse |
  48. mikep

Rap is dead and overrated, but eminem is in his own category! he is a genuis who sold almost 90 million albums. No matter what type of musician that is a dream to sell that many. Country is all about being cheated on, riding a tractor, and drinking while mud bogging. Fact people who listen to country are more likely to commit suicide. its proven. lol I do agree that real music stopped with celine deone. But eminem deserves every nom he gets.

December 2, 2010 at 10:37 am | Report abuse |
  49. Rick Lindsey

The grammy's are back and It's always good news to MUSIC lovers. However, If kanye West gets on stage and Pulls that CRAP like he did with Taylor Swift I will NEVER watch the grammy's again. PERIOD.

December 2, 2010 at 10:36 am | Report abuse |
  50. Ginger

THIS IS FOR ALL THE EMINEM HATERS FROM THE CARIBBEAN CREW
    "SUCK YO MUMA!!!!' IN OTHER WORDS
    "YOUR MAMA"
    BIG UP THE REAL SLIM SHADY/EMINEM

December 2, 2010 at 10:33 am | Report abuse |
  51. sytraxia

Who pays attention to the Grammy Awards anyway? None of this has anything to do with music.

December 2, 2010 at 10:25 am | Report abuse |
  52. GUEST

For those of you who says rap is garbage and it sucks why don't you just come out and say you hate black people! It seems like that what the real message is that you are putting across.Anytime we try to have something for our own someone comes and tries to steal it from us. We will never prevail in this place..its sad

December 2, 2010 at 10:24 am | Report abuse |
    • Bill

That's funny. Eminem sure isn't black, yet his "music" sucks just as badly as any other rap.

December 2, 2010 at 10:26 am | Report abuse |
    • Bill

And, by the way, Jimi Hendrix, James Jamerson, The Commodores, Ray Charles, B.B. King, Nat King Cole are/were some of the greatest musical artists in history.

December 2, 2010 at 10:31 am | Report abuse |
    • TC

I just spewed coffee everywhere laughing so hard. Hey Guest... Eminem is NOT black. I don't like rap. I can't relate to it. I'd never spend a dime on it. It has NOTHING to do with the race of the majority of American rappers. Man are you delusional. My favorite artist of all time is Aretha Franklin... so get over yourself.

December 2, 2010 at 12:07 pm | Report abuse |
  53. rusty

I hope Arcade Fire wins ...they are great
    hate Drake, Eminem, Katty Perry, Justin Bieber, Black Eyed Peas and on and on ... really too bad that Grammys honor album sales to quality just hate the mainstream in general :-)

December 2, 2010 at 10:17 am | Report abuse |
  54. Sammy 4rum nigeria

Thumbs up 2 Eminen 4pickin them all,his album is fully loaded the track Not afraid,my fantasy.EMI more grease to ur elbows.LOVE You.

December 2, 2010 at 10:10 am | Report abuse |
  55. michaelfury

No more blood for oil, we got our own battles to fight on our soil
    No more psychological warfare to trick us to think that we ain't loyal
    If we don't serve our own country we're patronizing a hero
    Look in his eyes, it's all lies, the stars and stripes
    They've been swiped, washed out and wiped

– Eminem

December 2, 2010 at 10:10 am | Report abuse |
    • FlJ

Eminem profits more than most from an economy based on cheap fossil fuels. Think of all the energy consumed by his tour bus and trucks that haul his stage gear. How many fans would be able to attend his concerts if gas was $8 a gallon?
      Check out all the limo's and vehicles that he used during his Irish tour http://www.thefreelibrary.com/Eminem's+pounds+1m+rap+pack;+REVEALED:+BILL+FOR+SUPERSTAR'S+IRISH...-a0103736747
      The soldiers overseas are dying so people like Eminem can continue their outrageous energy consumption. And he is not the only one. Most North Americans do not want to make the sacrifices necessary to make the Middle East irrelevant.
      Eminem is incredibly cynical. He knows just what to say to make the rubes fork over their cash. He's as sincere as Hitler's promises at Munich.

December 2, 2010 at 2:04 pm | Report abuse |
  56. G

Oops–forgot to add Rhianna to the 'no-talent" list.

December 2, 2010 at 10:07 am | Report abuse |
  57. G

God, what happened to talent? What a bunch of crap that's been nominated. Eminem is a musical genius, my a**. Thank God that Justin Beiber thing didn't get a nomination for Best Male Vocal–and while we're on the subject, it's a slap in the face to past Best Female Vocalist winners like Barbara Streisand, Dionne Warwick, Olivia Newton-John, Linda Rondstadt, et al., to be lumped in with trash like Beyonce, GaGa and Katy Perry, who aren't really singers at all.

December 2, 2010 at 10:04 am | Report abuse |
  58. Bill

Oh, my. How in the world did Jeff Beck get thrown into this meaningless Grammy situation? I mean, if the Grammys are dominated by people like Eminem, Jay-Z, Lady Gaga, & Justin Bieber, why is somebody with actual talent in the mix? Since the Grammys are now a joke, somebody should set up an awards ceremony for real artists with real talent.

The music industry has become nothing but a first-class joke. It's extremely discouraging to know that there are thousands of talented musicians out there struggling to pay the rent while Bruno Mars makes millions with his shallow, manufactured teenybopper vocalizing.

December 2, 2010 at 10:03 am | Report abuse |
    • Conrad Shull

"artists with real talent" – The ART awards. I like it.

December 2, 2010 at 10:05 am | Report abuse |
    • Bill

Conrad Shull, yes!! The ART Awards! I can see the potential!

December 2, 2010 at 10:20 am | Report abuse |
    • steve

I have to agree, the music industry and what is being produced these days is a joke. Whatever happened to talent? Whatever happened to people singing along with a song. Whatever happened to the love songs? Remember those days.

December 2, 2010 at 4:00 pm | Report abuse |
  59. deb

His videos are entertaining. He should get into acting. Can you see him in a "Men In Black" movie? He'd even make a better vampire, lol...

December 2, 2010 at 10:00 am | Report abuse |
  60. leonard

Eminem has 10 nominations...I didn't think they had that many categories

December 2, 2010 at 9:59 am | Report abuse |
  61. 69Punk

Record of the Year: American Slang; The Gaslight Anthem.....where is the nomination?

December 2, 2010 at 9:58 am | Report abuse |
  62. Juan Cena

Can't spell crap without rap. The acronnym stands for Retards Attempting Poetry.

December 2, 2010 at 9:55 am | Report abuse |
    • jacob Nite

listen foo.. em is dope and dont hate on rap unless you have sold as many albums as we have. peace!!

December 2, 2010 at 3:08 pm | Report abuse |
  63. Willy Brown

And Justin Bieber will get a life time achievement award too. I quit watching this PC show years ago. They don't care about the quality of music but only the appeal of the person.

December 2, 2010 at 9:54 am | Report abuse |
  64. EllZee

If the Grammy nominations represent the best in the past year, it is no wonder that music sales are so dismal.

December 2, 2010 at 9:52 am | Report abuse |
  65. wittywife

I had noooooo idea that Eminem was still relevant!

December 2, 2010 at 9:50 am | Report abuse |
    • pete

you are correct he has not been relevant for a while.....2 less than par albums. however, this new album of his was quite a shock in how amazing it is. he is back .... he is soooo back. it rivals his 2nd album as one of his true masterpieces

December 2, 2010 at 4:05 pm | Report abuse |
  66. mike

They all suck. No talent at all

December 2, 2010 at 9:48 am | Report abuse |
  67. Conrad Shull

The Secret Sisters are apparently too much of a secret.

December 2, 2010 at 9:48 am | Report abuse |
  68. Be Quiet

"Teenage Dream" – Katy Perry for Album of the Year?!! Uhhh...is that a misprint? Please tell me that's a misprint.

December 2, 2010 at 9:45 am | Report abuse |
  69. Josef

I feel that most of you are uneducated in most of your responses. Why are people sell outs because they make money? So are all actors Sellouts because they get paid to take part in the production of a movie? No, they are simply entertainers.

As for comments about a horrible album and overated when it comes to artists such as Eminem. Eminem may not be sweet to the ears of all, but for those he is to...the reason he is so big is because he speaks to people on an emotional level. His words, on the contrary to the stereotype of Hip Hop, resonate with people because they are things people go through everyday...feel every night and think about all the time. He is popular, because he is the real thing.

And while this may be my opinion, just because a music is independently made, does not mean it's good. Nor does the fact that you are one of the 50 people that listen to it. Being unique, scarce or unknown does NOT equal talent or weight when it comes to being good.

December 2, 2010 at 9:16 am | Report abuse |
    • SJ

Better to be "uneducated" than a condescending, sanctimonious jerk-off who can't tell the difference between music and garbage.

December 2, 2010 at 9:21 am | Report abuse |
    • matt

SJ, way to show Josef he's a sanctimonious jerk by being one yourself. People have different tastes in music, and Eminem is definitely at the top of his genre. To downgrade rap and hip hop as a whole means that you have no idea what Nas, Mos Def, Common, The Roots, and many others sound like live. Your taste in music isn't everyones.

December 2, 2010 at 9:53 am | Report abuse |
  70. Jim

Come on already, remember when actual musicians won awards?

December 2, 2010 at 9:06 am | Report abuse |
  71. Willyin

The nomination is tight cant wait for d d-day willyin 4rm nigeria

December 2, 2010 at 8:50 am | Report abuse |
  72. mjwilstein

Watch Justin Bieber react to getting a Best New Artist Grammy nomination:

December 2, 2010 at 8:32 am | Report abuse |
  73. flux

Rap is not music.

December 2, 2010 at 8:23 am | Report abuse |
  74. Maynerd

(beatbox)He should go back to his old gig at Burger King
    Stealin' from da regista and spittin' on da onion rings

December 2, 2010 at 7:26 am | Report abuse |
  75. Lori

I don't get poular music.....I guess if you write a song with the lyrics "in da club" in them you are in for a great career! lol I think music on Top 40 radio is really fake sounding. I don't get eminem at all.....is that good music? is that stuff he creates art? in 15 years will anyone cover any of his songs? lol.....

December 2, 2010 at 6:33 am | Report abuse |
    • zbtrocker

Eminem is actually pretty good when compared to the majority of the crap that dominates that genre. But, yes, top 40 radio is really depressing. Heck, almost all radio is depressing these days. The DJ's have no control over what they play, so they don't get to introduce us to any cool new music anymore.

December 2, 2010 at 1:52 pm | Report abuse |
    • pete

honestly the only reason you wont hear ppl covering em's songs is because there are no rapper's out there with enough talent to do so. Yelawolf shows potential. but lil wayne just makes himself llook bad by making songs with eminem....it just showcases that wayne cannot nearly keep up with him.

December 2, 2010 at 3:57 pm | Report abuse |
  76. TJ

He's gross

December 2, 2010 at 6:27 am | Report abuse |
  77. JNieves

American music and its continual downfall, how dismal...

December 2, 2010 at 5:55 am | Report abuse |
  78. V Saxena

God forgive me for being a jerk.

@iHam – No. It's merely that people don't care about the same old, boring and tedious music being produced by guitar players who live in their garage. It's all the same. At least hiphop & pop are capable of offering varied beats, different sounding voices, fly dance moves, and FUN galore. I'd rather have fun with Waka Flaka Flame's "No Hands" than be depressed to death with a slow rock song. However, that's merely my OPINION.

December 2, 2010 at 5:42 am | Report abuse |
    • Sam

You ARE a jerk. And you're not forgiven. I'd rather listen to that guy in the garage making tedious music on his guitar that the( c)rap that passes for music these days.

December 2, 2010 at 9:19 am | Report abuse |
    • copper

You obviously have a tin ear and dont know anything about a true musicians work. Rap is a lazy, uneducated means to make money off other lazy, uneducated people.

December 2, 2010 at 10:01 am | Report abuse |
    • zbtrocker

Here's where you're wrong. The majority of the "beats" you hear on the radio and in the club are processed. They're not even real instruments. That makes it incredibly hard for them to be varied, unless you mean that not every song has the same beat and tempo. However, a live drummer can switch tempo, rhythm, and even time signatures all in the same song. I'm not attacking rap or hip hop, because I honestly like some of it. Fun music has its place, but I don't think it should be so celebrated on award shows. That kid playing guitar in the garage is manipulating six strings with his own two hands to create something, as opposed to somebody in a studio hitting buttons.

December 2, 2010 at 11:20 am | Report abuse |
    • noyb

You all know that Eminem is going to take the Grammys!! Everyone that is hating on him, obviously does not listen to his music, and are too dumb to understand anyway. Rock sucks, and is for sad, angry, depressed and suicidal people. It makes my ears bleed!! I'm sure alot of people will agree.

December 2, 2010 at 12:01 pm | Report abuse |
    • zbtrocker

noyb said:
      "Rock sucks, and is for sad, angry, depressed and suicidal people. It makes my ears bleed!! I'm sure alot of people will agree."

Clearly noyb has not heard any of the countless rap songs that glorify murder.
      And what about rock and roll is depressing? You must not have heard much. Groups like AC/DC, Aerosmith and Led Zeppelin are hardly depressing. What's depressing is the state of popular music.

December 2, 2010 at 1:50 pm | Report abuse |
  79. iham

Looking at the nominees It's like people just don't care about music anymore.

December 2, 2010 at 5:03 am | Report abuse |
  80. tomball

Incredible that P!NK did not receive any Grammy noms! Unbelievable!

December 2, 2010 at 4:38 am | Report abuse |
  81. Avon Barksdale

December 2, 2010 at 3:08 am | Report abuse |
  82. Avon Barksdale

My boy Fisticuffs got nominated for 20 GRAMMY'S. They just forgot to officially anounce it to the public. The name of his album is'What?! Ya Heard Me?!' produced by Kanye West. Fisticuffs got shot 35 times in his left ear but he still made it! Congratulations Fisticuffs!

December 2, 2010 at 3:05 am | Report abuse |
  83. Namtra

Love u Eminem kip being on top. May b we'll. Meet someday and both loose it.....hey hey hey hey hey

December 2, 2010 at 2:37 am | Report abuse |
  84. Jorday

Mumford and sons overrated? They are one of the only few that can actually sing and play instruments.. WAY better than Justin beaver and m&m. Lady gaga should have been nominated for more as well

December 2, 2010 at 2:23 am | Report abuse |
  85. sIMON

GRAMMYS SUCK...bieber,katy perry,drake,mumford and sons(overrated),eminem(terrible album and overrated)...are u kiddin????..DISGRACE....MAINSTREAM SELLOUTS!!!

December 2, 2010 at 2:08 am | Report abuse |
    • Steve

I'm a voting member of the Academy, and I can assure you that not all of us voted for the winners. 'Nuff said.

December 2, 2010 at 5:12 pm | Report abuse |
  86. Archaic Revival

What's up with all the Eminem haters out there?

you jealous cause he can take the money out of the bank and take a bath in it? If you only had half of it! lol!

December 2, 2010 at 2:02 am | Report abuse |
    • Eric

Amazing your so excited about HIS MONEY he isn't spending any of it on you in fact if your a fan he's taking it from you to buy more drugs and not raise his brat. Another Over hyped white guys who should be in jail. The weird al of rap...what gimmick has he got this time?

December 2, 2010 at 2:28 am | Report abuse |
    • saganhill

Hey Archaic Revival...A true Musician cares more about the music than money. Since rap is not music I guess he's ok with all the money people like you give him for the crap he makes. I reiterate, rap is like giving the mic to your dumb uncle at a wedding reception. I have seen rap concerts, they are a joke. A couple tards on stage with a mic and the tards in the audience bouncing up and down saying how good this concert is. People like you obviously have not been to a real music concert were musicians actually play and sing.

December 2, 2010 at 9:40 am | Report abuse |
    • Lydia

Begs the questions as to why you were at a rap concert. As for Eminem, I doubt you have ever actually listened to him because he is a lyrical genuis, a modern day Shakespeare, a poet. You may not get it or understand that he uses his music to release his angst and his pain, but the man is an absolute genius. I see a lot of ignorant comments here from people who seem to profess to know him (like he doesn't raise his child, ridiculous). Anyhow, lots of jealous people in the world. Not all music is everyone's cup of tea. I for one don't care for all rap, I am not into most of it because it doesn't speak to me, there is a lot of it that is not at all poetic, but that is why I love Em, he speaks from his soul– it is not about the streets or drug dealing or hoes, it about his personal struggles.

December 2, 2010 at 10:17 am | Report abuse |
    • James

Yeah, saganhill, you may listen to M&M, but you don't "hear" M&M. Otherwise you'd have stuck forks in your ears by now.

Tough call between Florence & the Machine and Mumford & Sons. Both are great new artists. If Justin Bieber beats them, I will stick forks in my ears.

December 2, 2010 at 11:01 am | Report abuse |
    • RUSH

If you think he has money, the joke is on you. He hasnt got much in the bank, guaranteed.
      A white rapper with money...thats actually kind of funny. Now that I think of it...ANY rapper with money is funny

December 2, 2010 at 1:29 pm | Report abuse |
  87. xhris

Way to go Em!
    im so proud of this, the recovery album still is the best thing to hit the music industry this year!
    Giving a damn about a grammy or not

December 2, 2010 at 2:01 am | Report abuse |
  88. sarah

Eminem and "Love The Garbage You Buy" is so overrated

December 2, 2010 at 1:57 am | Report abuse |
    • grandmaster jam

u overate urself, how about u listen to the words he raps?

December 2, 2010 at 3:09 pm | Report abuse |
  89. seb

Gaga was snubbed in ROTY and SOTY, but congrats anyway to her 6 nominations.

December 2, 2010 at 1:56 am | Report abuse |
  90. MandMs

he needs to crawl back under the rock from which he caME. he has personal anger issues....all the money in the world won't help him....

December 2, 2010 at 1:55 am | Report abuse |
    • philly52

And what's your issue?

December 2, 2010 at 10:31 am | Report abuse |
    • Eminem

Ok you're right Eminem has, "No talent" why don't you go try to make an album and see how that works out. I'm sure it will be much better.

December 2, 2010 at 11:05 am | Report abuse |
    • RUSH

Just because it sells to a bunch of folks who cant speak proper english doesnt mean its good

December 2, 2010 at 2:45 pm | Report abuse |
  91. Sulayman F

It's funny since he said he didn't "give a damn about a Grammy" about 10 years ago

December 2, 2010 at 1:52 am | Report abuse |
    • Doug

We all grow.. obviously you haven't !

December 2, 2010 at 2:48 am | Report abuse |
    • TB

Why do you think he's never at award shows to claim his awards? Just because he doesn't care, doesn't mean people are gonna stop honoring him.

December 2, 2010 at 8:08 am | Report abuse |
    • jake

I think sulayman was joking unlike half the people on here. Eminem as an artist is in touch with the average american more so then any artist(all genres) people can relate and that's why he sells soo many records. Arguably his best album so why would anyone hate? If you wanna hate, hate on Mr. Gaga, worst musician/ no talent ass clown in history

December 2, 2010 at 11:46 am | Report abuse |
  92. Steve

Eminem SUCKS!!!!! NIce make-up dirt bag.

December 2, 2010 at 1:52 am | Report abuse |
    • Doug

Thanks so much hater... what have you done lately besides nothing ?

December 2, 2010 at 2:47 am | Report abuse |
    • Juan

Eminem is a very good rapper. You just hating cause you wish that you could be him.

December 2, 2010 at 7:51 am | Report abuse |
    • saganhill

Juan, the words "good" and "rapper" should not exist in the same sentence. Im still waiting for that future baseball game declaring Rap/hiphop SUCKS and its dead. Just like they did back in 79 with Disco.

December 2, 2010 at 9:32 am | Report abuse |
    • saganhill

And Juan, why would anyone want to "be him"? He's a no talent tard who's career is made by other tards who buy his crap.

December 2, 2010 at 9:33 am | Report abuse |
    • jboog44

saganhill you deserve to be punched in the face for saying that he is not a good rapper you are and idiot!!!

December 2, 2010 at 10:23 am | Report abuse |
    • jboog44

i mean he IS a good rapper

December 2, 2010 at 10:25 am | Report abuse |
    • philly52

you suck!!!

December 2, 2010 at 10:29 am | Report abuse |
    • raaa

If you think that hip-hop is comparable to disco you know nothing about the music industry.

December 2, 2010 at 12:00 pm | Report abuse |
    • LOL

Dear Juan – I wouldnt be him with a black man's peni$
      And to the person who asked what has anyone done lately...had an actual job.
      And to all the folks calling me (us) haters – isnt his music all about hate in one fashion or another?

December 2, 2010 at 1:25 pm | Report abuse |
    • grandmaster jam

excuse me? do u even know eminem? his music? his life?! u SUCK! the man is a lyrical genius

December 2, 2010 at 3:04 pm | Report abuse |
  93. Paul

arcade fire for album of the year. And mumford an sons for new artists.

December 2, 2010 at 1:48 am | Report abuse |
    • Jessica

Oh! Arcade Fire and Mumford & Sons. That's a lovely surprise.

December 2, 2010 at 4:06 am | Report abuse |
    • Thorne

I agree! A lovely surprise though I don't really put much credence to the Grammy's anymore (seriously Taylor Swift?). I did think that Arcade Fire and The Black Keys had two of the best albums this year and I've been a Mumford and Sons fan for a while now so it is nice to see them getting some state-side cred. If anything, it allows them to do more recording etc.

December 2, 2010 at 11:54 am | Report abuse |
  94. JannyRandomEh

Metal? Production?
    Clearly Not News

December 2, 2010 at 1:45 am | Report abuse |
    • Doug

Clearly then you should not have read it then..

December 2, 2010 at 2:45 am | Report abuse |
    • Diane

One bland nod to the indie music scene? There are hundreds of better acts right now that deserve most attention than this payola commercialized garbage they try to promote.

December 2, 2010 at 4:09 am | Report abuse |