Snoop Dogg releases 'anthem' for Prince William
December 1st, 2010

Snoop Dogg releases 'anthem' for Prince William

What kind of wedding gift do you get the groom who has everything? How about a song celebrating his engagement?

In honor of Prince William's April 29, 2011, nuptials to Kate Middleton, Snoop Dogg has released "Wet," a song he thinks is perfect for the blueblood's bachelor party.

“When I heard the royal family wanted to have me perform in celebration of Prince William’s marriage, I knew I had to give them a little something,” explains 39-year-old Snoop in a statement. The rapper is reportedly among the entertainers being recruited by Prince Harry for his big brother's engagement blowout.

The lusty single - to be included on Snoop's March 2011 album "Doggumentary" - was released on the musician's official website at 4:20pm PST Tuesday, and Snoop is now asking fans to submit videos of themselves dancing to “Wet.”

The fan who gets the most views will win a trip to the U.K. to celebrate the song's release in royal fashion, according to a statement from EMI Music.

Queen Elizabeth would surely agree.

Post by:
Filed under: Celebrities • Music • Snoop Dogg

1. szkolenia bhp olsztyn

This are some of the bestdirections I've ever? read. This is the brilliant article for not olny anyone who is new on this topic.

December 17, 2010 at 6:15 am | Report abuse |
  2. Royalthoughts

lol....... I read about this on http://www.dreamroyalwedding.com I wonder if he would be the right type of image for a Royal wedding ?

December 7, 2010 at 6:52 am | Report abuse |
  3. Davisbaby

What are you people talking about? Why would the Queen be at the batchelor party?

December 2, 2010 at 10:09 am | Report abuse |
  4. citizenUSA

With Snoop, I know a lot of things will be, "smokin". Work it Dog.

December 2, 2010 at 9:53 am | Report abuse |
  5. Justann

WOW. Can you imagine Her Majesty walking into the bachelor party and hearing "Wet" booming on the old royal sound system, then a chronic'd up Snoop leaping down from the stage and trying to get Queenie to get her groove on? Fo shizzle!

December 2, 2010 at 9:07 am | Report abuse |
  6. Avon Barksdale

So I guess he was supposed to have asked no talent Taylor Swift to come? Everybody knows that as far as music goes, HIP-HOP RULES THE WORLD. By the way white people, Kanye has the #1 Album and I checked on Google and it said Prince William wants Kanye to come and perform 'Power'. Sorry HATERS this just isnt your week! LOL!

December 1, 2010 at 11:42 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Free the Leaf

SNOOOOOP! http://www.facebook.com/free.the.leaf

December 1, 2010 at 8:52 pm | Report abuse |
  8. TJ

I don't listen to Snoop's music or rap music for that matter, but I'm happy that he was invited. Time to change the royal's tradition and get with the modern times. Good for you Snoop!!

December 1, 2010 at 7:12 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Free the Leaf

SNOOOOOP http://www.facebook.com/free.the.leaf

December 1, 2010 at 4:25 pm | Report abuse |
  10. G

I hate rap but snoop's style is the only one that hooks me. Go get em dog!

December 1, 2010 at 4:23 pm | Report abuse |
  11. bes

Is this the best we can send over there? Come on people.

December 1, 2010 at 4:20 pm | Report abuse |
    • J

heh heh heh... you posted right at 4:20

December 1, 2010 at 4:25 pm | Report abuse |
    • Emma

Absolutley not it's not the best we can do, we have some of the best perfomrers the U.S. but what we have to remember is that they are YOUNG!!!! 90% of their of Ipods are entertainers from the US and most of it is Black rappers. That's what that generation listens to, I know I feel the same way, can we send differenct representation? I guess the most importnat is that Prince William will be happy and I hope he enjoys his celebration. SMDH

December 1, 2010 at 4:32 pm | Report abuse |
  12. William IV

Ha the official song of the Royal Family is about getting girls wet! England is so awesome, can you imagine Obama agreeing to have this as his official song?

December 1, 2010 at 4:09 pm | Report abuse |
  13. andre

jojo you are the idiot. I am a classically trained musician and guess what? i like rap from time to time. they were saying the same thing about rock n roll

December 1, 2010 at 4:07 pm | Report abuse |
    • Cooper

So what if you're classically trained. This fight goes back to the old Disco days. Idiot dance music is all this is. I hated Disco back then, still do, its just a bad as rap/hiphop. I at least have a little respect for Disco–at least they could sing and play instruments.

The only people saying anything bad about ROCK were the idiot christians and their clergy–saying it was the devil music. It was music taken from JAZZ, BLUES from the 20's-40's and it was great. On the other hand, rap is just a lazy way to celebrety status with out doing anything. Rap is what happends when you give an idiot a mic at a wedding reception.

December 1, 2010 at 4:22 pm | Report abuse |
  14. saganhill

You're all kidding right? A rap song? Which initself is an oxymoron. Rap, music, and song shouldnt even be in the same sentance together. When will this crappy art form end? Its joke.

December 1, 2010 at 3:22 pm | Report abuse |
    • Niya

Only crappy to you.There are millions and millions of people worldwide that love it. Who are you to say what should be play and not. Let me answer for you...Your a nobody!

December 1, 2010 at 3:32 pm | Report abuse |
    • jojo

Niya, only tin eared nobodys listen to rap–which you obviously are in that group. I will admit there are a lot of you. But that doesnt mean its a valid or acredited art form or music. It only sells because stupid people buy it.

December 1, 2010 at 3:51 pm | Report abuse |
    • cooper

December 1, 2010 at 4:21 pm | Report abuse |
    • J100409

I agree with you that many rap "songs" should not be called that. Song implies melody, and some raps are pure rhythm. However, "rhythmic poem with accompaniment" is too long to say routinely, so people will go on calling these "songs."
      This is not an insult to rap, just a suggestion that it fits better into the cultural tradition of poetry than music, even though its roots are more deeply embedded in musical tradition.

December 1, 2010 at 4:22 pm | Report abuse |
  15. sam

Smoking PCP is known as "getting wet."
    Quote: Says Snoop, "'Wet’ is the perfect anthem for Prince William or any playa to get the club smokin’.”

Epic.

December 1, 2010 at 2:39 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mike

I don't get it.. but as someone pointed out earlier, "They are young, and this what the younger people are listening to right now." I seriously doubt "Lizzie" will bust a move at the Bachelor Party, and we'll see if Prince Charles shows up with his gay lover....er....I mean.... his wife Camilla....yeah I meant Camilla....

December 1, 2010 at 4:38 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Joe

A wanna be singer at a royal wedding? Rapping a song called wet? I laughed till I cried. This is all a joke....right?

December 1, 2010 at 2:17 pm | Report abuse |
    • TDP

he isn't singing at the WEDDING, he's singing at what we would call the bachelor party! "Wet" is the perfect anthem for a bachelor party. LOL

December 1, 2010 at 3:26 pm | Report abuse |
    • Emma

Hey Joe: we got to remember that they are YOUNG! And when they did a story on what do the Princes listen to on their Ipods 90% of was music from the U.S. and a lot of Black rappers. They are young and that's what they listen to. I'm not a rap fan either SMDH!

December 1, 2010 at 4:27 pm | Report abuse |
  17. Chris

Not only are they irrelevant, but this proves the royals have no taste, either.

December 1, 2010 at 2:04 pm | Report abuse |
  18. LUV IT!!!!

OMG – SNOOP I LOVE YOU! Only Snoop could get invited to the Royal bachelor party and come up with a song called "WET!" Dammmmmnnnnnn HELLA YEAH SNOOP!!!!

December 1, 2010 at 1:56 pm | Report abuse |
  19. ak2190

I think I love Snoop Dogg.

December 1, 2010 at 1:49 pm | Report abuse |
  20. Flo

Now hold on just a minizzle....

December 1, 2010 at 1:46 pm | Report abuse |
  21. Hellz Yeah

Love the release time. Only Snoop!

December 1, 2010 at 1:03 pm | Report abuse |
  22. manuel

Prince Henry and Harry and Snoop in the Royal Palace Green Room!!! 1,000,000 PHOTO

December 1, 2010 at 1:01 pm | Report abuse |
  23. Guest

Why are his nails so long...and pretty???

December 1, 2010 at 12:55 pm | Report abuse |
  24. byndpst

I thought he was banned from the UK.

December 1, 2010 at 12:34 pm | Report abuse |
    • LOLbahahaha

LOL! Bahahaha

December 1, 2010 at 1:00 pm | Report abuse |
    • mehere

He is banned from the UK and Australia. If you have a felony on your record you're not allowed in. I am sure Prince Harry will work a deal out with his G-Ma to get the DOGG in!

December 1, 2010 at 1:58 pm | Report abuse |
    • CDM

Do you really think if the Queen and the Prince wants him to perform at the Prince's Bachelors' party that he wouldn't be allowed to. I guess Money talks in England too.

December 1, 2010 at 3:42 pm | Report abuse |
    • what

is snoop dog the president? or is that someone else

December 1, 2010 at 4:15 pm | Report abuse |
    • Emma

He is banned but this morning they said they are making an exception because Prince Williams/Prince Harry has personally requested that he be there for the bachlor's party.

December 1, 2010 at 4:23 pm | Report abuse |