Kanye West and Nicki Minaj top the charts
December 1st, 2010

Kanye West and Nicki Minaj top the charts

Kanye West and Nicki Minaj just delivered a one, two punch.

According to Billboard, the pair’s respective albums have landed in the No. 1 and No. 2 spots on the Hot 200 chart with West’s “My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy” selling 496,000 copies, and Minaj’s “Pink Friday” selling 397,000, based on figures from Nielsen SoundScan.

The news was not unexpected, though industry analysts had predicted a slightly stronger showing. The achievement marks West’s fourth straight No. 1 album. It is also the first time in two years that two albums have debuted on the Billboard 200 with sales of more than 300,000 units.

1. SKY

IF KAYNE WEST WAS MY SON, I WOULD TELL HIM I LOVE YOU SON
    IT IS THE MUSIC I HAVE A PROBLEM WITH AND NOT YOU THE PERSON,

December 5, 2010 at 5:46 am | Report abuse |
  2. SKY

WHO SAID SPEED, BOOZE, AND SCRIPTURES SHOULD NOT BE MIXED?
    JESUS CHRIST TALK AND ATE WITH THE SINNER...REMEMBER?
    WHY DID HE DO THIS? HE LOVED THEM SO AND WANTED
    THEM TO CHANGE...PEOPLE CAN CHANGE IF THEY PUT
    GOD FIRST IN THEIR LIFE AND NOT MUSIC & THE LOVE OF MONEY....

December 3, 2010 at 10:41 pm | Report abuse |
  3. SKY

@eugene "AFTER JESUS WAS BAPTIZED(ON EARTH) WHEN HE CAME UP FROM THE
    WATERS, THE HEAVEN OPEN AND GOD'S HOLY SPIRIT CAME UPON HIM
    AND A VOICE FROM HEAVEN SAID"THIS IS MY SON WHOM I HAVE
    APPROVED". -MATTHEW 3:16-17 -SO JESUS IS THE GREATEST MAN WHO WALKED ON THIS EARTH!
    STOP RAPPIN AND START READING THE BIBLE. I KNOW SEVERAL LITTLE KIDS AND ADULTS, WHO CAN
    REPEAT WORDS TO SONGS, BUT NOT ONE CAN TELL YOU A BIBLE SCRIPTURE....BY MEMORY. HOW SAD.
    THE BIBLE GIVES A PERSON A REAL HOPE SOMETHING MONEY
    CAN'T BUY WHERE RUST CANNOT CONSUME OR THIEVES BREAK IN AN TAKE.
    THE BIBLE IS SOMETHING REAL, THAT YOU CAN HOLD ON TOO....

December 2, 2010 at 11:59 pm | Report abuse |
    • Say wha....

Holy cr@p, your mindless, running rants are proof that speed, booze, and scripture should not be mixed...

December 3, 2010 at 3:40 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Truth

Kanye is a retard and a liberal stooge.

December 2, 2010 at 4:41 pm | Report abuse |
  5. celebs911

Love the new song of Nicki Minaj! very cool.. However on Kanye West we've made some predictions for his future. If you would like to check it out please, do so on our Celebs911 blog.

December 2, 2010 at 4:39 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Maurice

TEAM MINAJ!!!!!!
    PINK FRIDAY HOE: )

December 2, 2010 at 4:28 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Really!!!!!

Honest Abe please go somewhere else with that b/s people are posting comments they're not writing an essay. On another note congrats!!!!!! to Nicki and Kanye they're both talented artist.

December 2, 2010 at 11:38 am | Report abuse |
  8. Jamal Ali

Future Grammy Award winning singer/songwriter/producer http://www.youtube.com/jamalmusic

December 2, 2010 at 11:17 am | Report abuse |
  9. Honest Abe

I have to congratulate you geniuses on doing such a good job of typing ebonics and nonsensical statements with such fervor. Your English teachers would be proud!

December 2, 2010 at 10:29 am | Report abuse |
  10. Junior

FIRST THINGS FIRST ILL EAT YUR BRAINS THEN IMMA START ROCKIN GOLD TEETH WITH FANGS F ALL YUH HATERS

December 2, 2010 at 10:07 am | Report abuse |
  11. Avon Barksdale

Yo, the news just keeps gettin better and better. I just got word that my boy Fisticuffs got NOMINATED FOR 20 GRAMMY'S for his album 'Im Seriours! Turn My Headphones Up!'

December 2, 2010 at 2:52 am | Report abuse |
  12. Avon Barksdale

Fisticuffs: WHAT! YA HEARD ME?! LOL!! A ya'll I got shot 45 times in my left ear. But thanks to Kanye, who took a chance on me after he heard my mix-tape called 'What?! Ya Heard Me!' I been ballin ever since! So to everybody out there I wanna say keep workin hard and all yo dreams will come true. Look @ me, I got shot 75 times in my left ear and still made it! I just cant be stopped! WHAT?! YA HEARD ME!! LOL!!! Also, i'm the newest member of ROC NATION! WHAT?

December 2, 2010 at 2:43 am | Report abuse |
  13. Avon Barksdale

For more blazin tracks from my boy Fisticuffs go to: http://www.fisticuffs.com

December 2, 2010 at 2:17 am | Report abuse |
  14. Avon Barksdale

I'm serious. I really want to p** on all you HATER'S! Fisticuffs: TURN MY HEADPHONES UP! I'M SERIOUS! NO, IN MY LEFT EAR! I CANT HEAR OUT OF MY LEFT EAR! WHAT! YA HEARD ME?! LOL!! Yo, from me, my boy Fisticuffs who got shot 30 times in his left ear but still went off on this song and from Kanye West. We just wanna say THANKY YOU TO ALL THE HATER'S! WE LOVE YA'LL SO MUCH!

December 2, 2010 at 2:10 am | Report abuse |
  15. Avon Barksdale

Yo Big E, turn my headphones up and drop that beat! Fisticuffs: I see u all on yo phone. Typin everything that is wrong. Thinkin that Kanye care. But Kanye aint even home! Ya'll aint got nothin to do. Thinkin everything about u.Ya'll need to close those ears. And do what Hater's do. So give me that tu-tu! Give me some of that p** p**. So give me a tu-tu! Give u some of that skeet, skeet! This is the remix edition. Hot & Fresh out the kitchen. It's The Hater Anthem. Baby i'm about to have me some fun! TURN MY HEADPHONE'S UP! WHAT! YA HEARD?! LOL!

December 2, 2010 at 1:41 am | Report abuse |
  16. SKY

SON YOU MADE IT BECAUSE THE "DEVIL" LET YOU MAKE IT.
    GOD HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH THIS.
    AND BY THE WAY, JESUS CHRIST IS THE GREATEST MAN WHO EVER
    WALKED ON THIS EARTH!

December 2, 2010 at 1:27 am | Report abuse |
  17. Avon Barksdale

December 2, 2010 at 1:21 am | Report abuse |
  18. Avon Barksdale

Guess what ya'll? I just got word that the remix to P*** On You was just put on itune's. Its called 'P*** On You – The Kanye West Hater's Anthem' I'm serious!

December 2, 2010 at 1:11 am | Report abuse |
  19. Avon Barksdale

SIKE! I aint goin to sleep. I feel like singing. HATER'R GONNA HATE, LOVER'S GONNA LOVE. I DONT EVEN WANT NONE OF THE ABOVE. I WANT TO P*** ON YOU! DRIP, DRIP, DRIP, P** ON YOU! – This is the exclusive DAVE CHAPPELLE 'P*** ON YOU HATER'S SONG' which is now available on itunes.

December 2, 2010 at 1:00 am | Report abuse |
  20. Avon Barksdale

Hi HATER'S, I just got a call from Kanye West and he wanted to know WHAT DO YOU LIKE ON YOUR FISHSTICK'S? LOL! Ya'll shoulda known that I was gone clown all u HATER'S! HIP-HOP RULES THE WORLD OF MUSIC! Believe me I know what im talking about. I AM A MUSICAL GENIUS AND THE GREATEST MAN LIVING ON THE FACE OF THIS EARTH!! Good night HATER'S, I'll be back later today to make fun of u, Quincy "he's just a rapper" Jones, Matt Lauer and all the other HATER'S! God I love being right all the time!

December 2, 2010 at 12:42 am | Report abuse |
  21. Avon Barksdale

Clearing my throat, drinking a little bit of Dr. Pepper, putting foghorn up to my mouth, live from the top floor of the Sears Tower in Chicago, IL in 3, 2, 1.... I TOLD YOU HATER'S THAT KANYE WAS GONNA HAVE THE #1 ALBUM!!! Hi Quincy Jones, Matt Lauer, NBC, CNN, Taylor Swift, Saturday Night Live, South Park and all the other HATERS!!! WHO EATING FISHSTICK'S NOW!

December 2, 2010 at 12:18 am | Report abuse |
  22. D

Nicki's hair looks like she stayed in the pool too long and didn't wash her hair out...all bleached and green lol

December 1, 2010 at 11:54 pm | Report abuse |
  23. SKY

FACT: IN HIS SONG "MY BEAUTIFUL DARK TWISTED FANTASY"
    HE SAYS THE DEMONS VISIT HIM AT NIGHT!
    NO RESPECT FOR WOMEN, AND HE USED THE "N" WORD
    SEVERAL TIMES....FUNNY I HAVE HEARD
    NO REMARKS ABOUT THIS, ARE THERE DOUBLE STANDARDS?
    I KNOW SOME PEOPLE WHO
    LOST THEIR JOBS FOR USING THE "N" WORD.
    BUT RADIO STATIONS AND THE MEDIA HAS
    BEEN SILENT!- THE DEMONS AND THOSE
    WHO SUPPORT THEM ARE AT WORK.
    I JUST HAVE TO TELL THE TRUTH....

December 1, 2010 at 8:39 pm | Report abuse |
  24. The Truth

Two of the worst. People are retarded for listening to this type of music.

December 1, 2010 at 7:07 pm | Report abuse |
  25. sonylegend

I dont think making an album is worth selling my soul....

December 1, 2010 at 6:00 pm | Report abuse |
  26. cheefsfury

THE KAYNE WEST CD IS PRETTY COOL MY MOM GOT ME THE EDITED VERSION OF IT THOUGH :( BUT ITS STILL REAL COOL

December 1, 2010 at 5:39 pm | Report abuse |
  27. babycelebs411

i loved Nicki Minaj 's song:) heard it last night on the radio while driving. We've posted our predictions on Kanyee West on our Celebs911 page: http://babycelebs411.com/2010/12/01/jennifer-garners-daughter-violet-anne-is-celebrating-her-5th-birthday/. Today on our baby celebs Jennifer Garner and her daughter's birthday and if you click on our Celebs911 page for the latest predictions on Jennifer Aniston.

December 1, 2010 at 5:32 pm | Report abuse |