Jennifer Grey to have consultation, not surgery
December 1st, 2010

Jennifer Grey to have consultation, not surgery

It looks like Jennifer Grey’s “Dancing With the Stars” win came with an injury: The 50-year-old “Dirty Dancing” star has a ruptured disc.

But, although Grey told Access Hollywood Tuesday that she was probably going to have surgery either "this week or sometime next week," her rep clarified to CNN that Grey “is not scheduled for surgery. She is going in for a consultation and they’ll see if anything needs to be done.”

If surgery is needed, Grey isn’t fazed. “Compared to the other surgeries I had on my neck, my doctor says it won’t be a big deal,” she told Access Hollywood, referring to the injuries she suffered after a 1987 car accident in Ireland with then-boyfriend Matthew Broderick.

According to People, the accident left Broderick severely injured and killed the passengers of the other car, a mother and daughter. "One minute we're going down the road and music is playing, and the next minute ... it's all different," Grey told People of the crash.

Now, though, her neck isn’t causing any problems. “My neck is fine,” Grey told Access Hollywood. “My neck did really well because it has a steel plate in it. So, it was really, actually, [it’s] probably the strongest part of my body.”

Filed under: Celebrities • Dancing With The Stars • television

1. alfred

"GoldenDentalCo is a well-established company that specializes in the purchase of precious metals and diamonds. For Dentist community, Selling Dental Gold scrap is a
    great way to get cash out of the golden dental scrap fast."
    .....more

September 10, 2011 at 6:54 am | Report abuse |
  2. JUDA STARR

for more info and your thaughts please let us know about your view on this breaking news on jennifer grey http://jennifergreygettoknowtherealher.blogspot.com/

August 10, 2011 at 5:38 pm | Report abuse |
  3. smoky

I think he borrowed her eye make up.

December 9, 2010 at 5:25 pm | Report abuse |
  4. roni50

I think she should just keep quiet about the accident and everything. On DWTS, she should have never accepted doing the show. DWTS was for people wiht no dancing experience. Either Kyle or Bristol shoud have won.. Jennifer came across as thinking she was better then anyone...
    SHAME ON YOU JENNIFER and shame on anyone picking on Bristol...
    I am sick of reading about Jennifer...

December 3, 2010 at 11:51 am | Report abuse |
    • Really?

Ah, NOooo, the show is for Celebrities which Bristol is NOT. So, if anyone should not have been on the show it was Bristol. Jennifer isn't a dancer she is an actor that happened to dance in a movie 30 years ago. And there have been many people on the show that have dancing experience, but are not professional dancers – big difference. It's just a stupid show, Chillax!

December 3, 2010 at 8:47 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Diana

I was born in 1987 so I actually did not hear about this accident till this season of DWTS started.... so maybe just my generation is unaware of it in general? It's not like Jennifer had been in anything well known recently that would have helped us know about it... but I loved her on the show. She seems like a very nice person. She and Kyle were my favorites... lots of personality, skills and just sweet hearts overall!

December 2, 2010 at 9:37 am | Report abuse |
  6. martinfernandis

hi

We buy Gold, Silver, Platinum, Broken Jewelry, Good jewelry, Gold coins, Silver coins, Platinum coins, Gold watches, Some Brand Watches, Industrial Precious Metals, Some Gold or Platinum Computer Parts, Platinum and Gold wire & ALL DIAMOMDS.

Warm Regards,
    Martin Fernandis
    40777 – Grimmer BLVD
    Fremont

December 2, 2010 at 5:43 am | Report abuse |
  7. D

still beautiful at 50...I sure wish I had her genes...

December 1, 2010 at 11:51 pm | Report abuse |
  8. TJ

I wonder how Matthew Broderick feels about Jennifer bringing up that fatal accident. She also mentioned it during a segment of DWTS. I bet most folks didn't even know about it.

December 1, 2010 at 7:28 pm | Report abuse |
    • Really?

@TJ – Everyone knows about the accident they had in Ireland back when they were dating. It was huge news at the time. It's nothing new, just happened so long ago that some may have forgotten – they surely never will.

December 1, 2010 at 10:57 pm | Report abuse |
    • Samantha

Did she have to ask his permission? didn't think so...I'm sure matthew is more worried about how many times he has cheated on his wife.

December 2, 2010 at 7:27 am | Report abuse |
    • jl

I had no idea they were in an accident that killed a mother and daughter, thats crazy. I didnt even know they dated...i was only 4 yrs old at the time, so thats prob why. Ferris Buheler was a great movie tho

December 2, 2010 at 12:30 pm | Report abuse |