'Showbiz Tonight' Flashpoint: Do you get the Kardashians' popularity?
November 30th, 2010

'Showbiz Tonight' Flashpoint: Do you get the Kardashians' popularity?

There’s brand new reaction today to Kim, Khloe and Kourtney’s shocking decision to drop their controversial debit card (which had their pictures on it) with outrageous fees! I think they were wise to cut ties with the card; maybe they got some bad advice to sign on in the first place. Hopefully they will look at the fine print more closely going forward. Their image and livelihood depend on it.

But the Kardashian sisters are still more popular than ever – even with this mess. Do you get the Kardashian sisters’ popularity? I mean, Kim Kardashian is even the most searched name on Bing.

It’s baffling, and yet understandable - I think their millions of fans love their style, their drama and their glamorous lifestyle. They epitomize how the jet-setting rich and famous live, and people love getting a glimpse of that. Also, they seem like sweet girls who are just working hard to capitalize on their popularity, which I think a lot of people can appreciate.

What do you think? Do you get the Kardashian sisters’ popularity? Tell me below and I’ll work some of your comments into the show today.

Here are some other big stories I’m fired up about:

If you haven't heard, the Oscars will be hosted by James Franco and Anne Hathaway! Plus, we've learned that David Cassidy has pleaded not guilty to a DUI, and Michael Douglas is on the road to recovery!

We've also got a great debate going today on "Showbiz Tonight": Do you love or hate Kate’s royal engagement dress?

(I LOVE it! Classy, stylish, youthful and elegant! Perfect!)

See you on "Showbiz Tonight" at 5 p.m. ET and again at 11 p.m. ET/PT on HLN today!

Watch Showbiz Tonight Weekdays Exclusively at 11PM ET on HLN.

1. BELLAMINA

DONATING 10% OF HER INCOME TO THE CHURCH ?????????????? MONEY EARNED BY SELLING HER BODY VISUALLY AND POSING FOR HER DEGRADING AND TASTELESS PICS, FEEDING THE UNREALISTIC BODY IMAGES TO OUR KIDS ? WHAT SORT CHURCH IS SHE DONATING TO, AND HOW IS MONEY EARNED IN THAT FASHION ACCEPTED AS A CONTRIBUTION TO THE WORK OF GOD ? ????

February 3, 2011 at 1:58 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Mary

I agree–someone needs to check to make sure they have their green cards

December 17, 2010 at 9:59 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Maria

Is it just me or does Khloe not look like the rest of the family-one thing being the fact that she looks huge

December 17, 2010 at 9:58 pm | Report abuse |
  4. GMS

Enough is enough !!!There is not an ounce of entertainment to be seen. Why watch?

!

December 15, 2010 at 5:47 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Enlightenment

Most of the world doesn't care about all the s.k.a.n.k.s that entertainment magazines and online blogs blab about constantly. These moronic magazine and blogs only blab about them because they don't have any one else to mindlessly blab about.

This country is full of s.k.a.n.k.s. and none of them are newsworthy!!!

December 6, 2010 at 8:26 pm | Report abuse |
  6. dina

Sweet girls?? can think of other names for them. At least Khloe got married.But she has a nasty mouth and is crude. One is a mother with a child and un married, What kind of role model is that. The other is so self absorbed. They may be rich but this country is a sick country to admire this kind of self absorbtion.And the television networks and media are to blame for this kind of fame. They could do better and promote more intelligent and useful people.

December 6, 2010 at 6:42 pm | Report abuse |
    • bellamina

I couldn't have said it better... how about her monitary contribution of 10% of her income to the church ..earned partly by posing nude !!!

February 3, 2011 at 2:03 pm | Report abuse |
  7. jillmarie

I am SICK of my former fave network E! turning into "The KIardashian Channel"! They are such horrible actors – and they are playing themselves! Make it go away.
    I can see why Kim's a star, she has lots of ventures going on and looks like a star. Don't mind the occasional tabloid article discussin their diets, love lives ( don't care for Kourtney for some reason)but keep them off E! And the credit card thing- too much!!!

December 1, 2010 at 2:01 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Ugh

Lauren what are you thinking you can't be watching the same group of people. Joe and the rest of the comments hit the nail on the head they're a group of floozies and they get it from their mother. It amazes me what the media has come to supporting idiots like this they are disguisting.

December 1, 2010 at 9:15 am | Report abuse |
  9. me

At first they were ok now the became sooo desperate for attention its disgusting ....

December 1, 2010 at 5:04 am | Report abuse |
  10. rabbitwantsaniphone

What a sorry state of affairs that anyone would think that these bimbo's make any legitimate contribution to society other than being shallow. They represent everything that's wrong with this world right now.

November 30, 2010 at 6:39 pm | Report abuse |
    • rabbitwantsaniphone

OK, I'm replying to my own post...I just finished reading the post by Lauren... "These girls are smart, forward thinking, business minded and relatively innovative bunch of relatives with very positive images for contemporary, impressionable young teens and adults alike... "

REALLY...the only image I have in my mind of them is that I was channel surfing one day and happened upon their show of which the scene was one sister waxing the private area of another sister...need I say more.

November 30, 2010 at 6:47 pm | Report abuse |
  11. maria

I totally agree with Joe!!!!!! they are just 3 fake good for nothing brods.

November 30, 2010 at 6:00 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Maria

I have no IDEA!!! i've asked people why the heck are these people are famour, wat the heck did they do! they sure dont do much, like other celebrities that at least help around the worl big example: Angelina Jolie! or Marc Anthony! now they deserve recognizion! not these idiots.

November 30, 2010 at 5:58 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Lauren

I completely disagree with all the previous statements. You all sound like a bunch of haters and disgruntled induviduals! These girls are smart, forward thinking, business minded and relatively innovative bunch of relatives with very positive images for contemporary, impressionable young teens and adults alike... You don't see these ladies in the clubs all night long, hyped up on some designer drug or exposing their lady parts all over the world (with the exception of Kim – which I'll give a pass because it was a few years back and EVERYONE has a past!) People shouldn't be so quick to judge. I applaud them and their entire family (especially their mother, Kris) for using the girls fame to benefit them in the way fame benefits from them! cha-cha-cha ching!

November 30, 2010 at 4:52 pm | Report abuse |
    • Joe

Ok doofus, name one thing these three media hoes have done that is somehow interesting, entertaining (other than the s.e.x tape) or socially redeeming. They have fake boobs, fake lips, fake eyelashes, painted on eyebrows, one has admitted to getting boned at fourteen and one can be seen getting bonked all over the internet (Everyone has past, but not everyone has a s.e.x tape).

They are famous for having a rich dead dad and sleeping with athletes. Great role models. And how could you possibly appluad thier mother? Pimping out her children for fame. Great, another sterling role model.

I bet you like Jersey Shore too.

November 30, 2010 at 5:06 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Amir

How hot are they?! I would rather talk about how HOT brook is ......... I get heat stroke just watching her.

November 30, 2010 at 4:20 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Bill

Has anyone ever checked their green cards?

November 30, 2010 at 3:18 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Joe

Hey, it looks like Kim and Kourtney just caught a wookie.

November 30, 2010 at 3:17 pm | Report abuse |
  17. babycelebs411

No, I do not and for that reason alone I do not understand "Snookie and the crew" popularity:) we will post our predictions on our Celebs911 page:http://babycelebs411.com/2010/11/29/nina-garcia-welcomes-baby-alexander/. If you are interested on the latest celebs predictions click on our Celebs911 page.

November 30, 2010 at 3:09 pm | Report abuse |
  18. Pablo

Nope, I have no idea how sasquach and her two smaller wax figure sisters ever got this popular. Only reason I can figure is that Americans are just plain stupid.

November 30, 2010 at 2:37 pm | Report abuse |