Rihanna: I'll stop talking about C. Brown if you will
November 30th, 2010

Rihanna: I'll stop talking about C. Brown if you will

It's been almost two years since her pre-Grammys assault by Chris Brown, and Rihanna is tired of talking about it. In fact, the singer says she just wants to move on from the life-altering incident and is hoping that everyone else will do the same.

The 22-year-old Barbados native made her revelation after one of her Twitter followers, greenangeleyez1, sent her the following message on November 28: "I luv u bt it's time u stopped talking about the situation with chris in interviews. How r people gonna move on?"

"AGREED!" replied Rihanna. "People won't stop askin abt it! Its f-in annoying! Nobody wants to relive that, but some ppl can't respect that!"

The songstress continued, "I get it, they wanna raise awareness to young girls! But it ends up just makin me look bitter, pitiful, spiteful and angry!"

Since the February 2009 altercation, Brown has been praised for his progression through a sentence of 180 days of community labor, and Rihanna has gone on to find love with baseball player Matt Kemp.

Though Brown, 21, has been ordered to stay away from Rihanna, he did extend an olive branch of sorts in his own November 28 tweet urging fans of the former couple to stop taking sides and play nice.

"Y'all starting to sound extremely childish! #teambreezy and #rihannanavy It's pointless," he tweeted. "Love team breezy & thank you rihannanavy for supporting ya girl."

Post by:
Filed under: Celebrities • Music • Rihanna

1. Princess

It's not RiRi, it all of you who keep this going. Get a life for yourself and you won't have to worry about theirs.

December 21, 2010 at 1:35 pm | Report abuse |
  2. MelODY

I love Chris Brown with all my heart. I pray she is telling the truth and her annoying fans will now listen to their Star as I am not listening to mine. O'k chris I will do what you say and ignore them to help the situation. Teambrezzy for life. For once I would like to thank Rihanna it's been along time coming to put an end to this.

December 3, 2010 at 3:47 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Joe

"I'll stop talking about C. Brown if you will"

What will it take to get her to stop talking altogether?

December 1, 2010 at 11:02 am | Report abuse |
  4. Dani

I so love RiRi and I so love Chris both are talented people and I hope they both continue to have much sucess!!!!!

December 1, 2010 at 9:37 am | Report abuse |
    • justme

Theres certainly very encouraging signs for that. Rihannas all over the charts anyway, and Chris just had a GREAT comeback with Deuces, and the new single YEAH 3X is finally rising in the charts. Cant wait for his album!

December 1, 2010 at 2:54 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Kashief

Hi im kashief williams new up and comin singer from durban south africa rihanna we love u

December 1, 2010 at 7:47 am | Report abuse |
  6. SandeePB

The only thing I agree with is how stupid Rihanna is. People have let it go along time ago. It's Rihanna who keeps talking about it. She says people keep asking, then why does she answer the questions. She should kindly say skip that question and move on already. It's her fault!

November 30, 2010 at 5:39 pm | Report abuse |
    • justme

I understand your point, but it might leave a bad impression and make her look kinda touchy if she always refused to answer the questions. People might get the idea that shes still too hurt to talk about it... She doesnt want that. Of course, by now, she could say: c'mon, ive been talking about it long enough now. I would agree. Anyway her Twitter post is a solid step in the right direction. And Ill say it again: I AM really happy she finally got over things. I wish her well.

December 1, 2010 at 1:52 am | Report abuse |
  7. oh boy

stupid

November 30, 2010 at 5:15 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Taylor Swift

Shut up Kanye. God, you are so annoying!

November 30, 2010 at 4:50 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Kanye West

Who the f*** is Chris Brown? Why y'all ain't talkin' 'bout me? I'm the greatest ever! My only regret in life is not seeing myself perform live! That's how good I is. Get wit' tha program people. Kanye is here to stay! Holla!

November 30, 2010 at 4:49 pm | Report abuse |
  10. justme

This time I couldnt agree more with what Rihanna says (and I havent been saying that for a long time b/c I didnt like too many of her interviews in recent years – but lets move on to positivity now). It IS annoying how the media, including most blogs, keep bringing this issue back again and again. And it DOES make her look like she's bitter, angry and spiteful. Actually I'm really glad that she says she isn't anymore. Only point where I have to disagree with her though: In reality the media are NOT about raising awareness to young girls. The media are NOT thinking theyre acting for the greater good... What they REALLy want is CONFLICT. Conflict generates ATTENTION – the rare good that the media are competing for. Anyway, as a known Chris Brown fan, I must say heart felt thanks and congratulations 2 Rihanna for these very mature, clear and heart-warming statements. Ive been waiting 4 her 2 say something like this! @Rihanna, should we ever meet in a thunderstorm: Stand under my umbrella ;-)

November 30, 2010 at 4:21 pm | Report abuse |
  11. babycelebs411

if interested we wrote our predictions on Rihanna and Chris Brown on our Celebs911 page:http://babycelebs411.com/2010/11/29/nina-garcia-welcomes-baby-alexander/.

November 30, 2010 at 3:12 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Jeanetta

all this will be over soon well its basically over but the onl problem is to others its not over untilk someone goes down but the important part for the both of them is too keep movin forward despite what others have to say about it

November 30, 2010 at 3:08 pm | Report abuse |