Gaga: My music is deeper than a meat dress
November 30th, 2010

Gaga: My music is deeper than a meat dress

Lady Gaga has been promoting her new album “Born This Way” throughout her Monster Ball tour, but during a performance Friday night in Poland, the star took the hype to a whole new level.

“I promise to give you the greatest album of this decade, just for you," the tearful artist told concert attendees.

Gaga announced the album title after accepting the Video of the Year Award for “Bad Romance" at this year's MTV Video Music Awards, and she says the album may contain 20 new songs. "It used to be kind of a faux pas to put out too much music on your album, but I feel like you guys deserve all of the records I do, 'cause I work hard on them," the singer said.

A few of the 20 tentative tracks include “You and I” and “Living on the Radio,” which Gaga has been playing since summer. The pop sensation says her new music "is something so much deeper than a wig or lipstick or an outfit, or a f-ing meat dress.”

With Gaga’s large promises come large expectations. Whether or not she can crank out the best album of the decade is yet to be determined, but Gaga already has the likes of Akon and Elton John raving about the album, according to MTV News.

There is still no official release date for “Born This Way,” but the album is expected to drop sometime in 2011. “It won't be much longer, it’s almost perfect,” Gaga tweeted earlier this month.

Do you think Gaga’s new album will be the greatest of the decade?

1. Little Monster

Gaga... we love you <3

December 22, 2010 at 2:13 pm | Report abuse |
  2. emmy

Born This Way by Lady Gaga will be the greatest album ever made! She is the most talented performer / musician/ singer/writer/producer that ever lived! #monsterlove

December 4, 2010 at 9:43 am | Report abuse |
  3. Everyone nose

You guyz are all haters i dont get what you have on lady gaga i love all her songs and she can dress however she wants to dress, its her money and she can spend it any way she wants to. She doesnt need your opinion on what she wears.

December 3, 2010 at 11:07 am | Report abuse |
  4. D

When I saw the meat dress, I winced because it was such a waste...that was perfectly good meat...

December 2, 2010 at 12:15 am | Report abuse |
  5. jillmarie

The meat dress was a publicity stunt. I wince when I see it (I'm a veg). Best album of the decade? Maybe she said it to a crowd spur of the moment. Maybe it's for publicity. Whatever, she does kinds remind me of Madonna, who's always pushed the envelope. I'm way more of a fan of Madge.

December 1, 2010 at 1:52 pm | Report abuse |
    • Chris

I'm not a vegetarian & winced when I saw the meat dress. What a tacky publicity stunt. Both the dress & the declaration of the best album of the decade.

December 1, 2010 at 3:09 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Victor

You know your ego is way overblown when you promise to put out the biggest record of the decade when we're only one year into said decade.

No offense Ms. Gaga, but you are not that great.

December 1, 2010 at 1:05 pm | Report abuse |
  7. meadow muffin

she turned sideways and knocked me out with her huge honkin nose

December 1, 2010 at 11:14 am | Report abuse |
  8. meadow muffin

winney, neah, snort, snott...yeeeehawwww giddiiup....ooooppss sorry I thought you was a horse

December 1, 2010 at 11:11 am | Report abuse |
  9. Talkman

Who cares!

December 1, 2010 at 8:45 am | Report abuse |
  10. ronald

i could not care less either way, but I bet if she reads half these negative comments she likely howls with laughter as she rolls around in gold plated dining hall $1,000,000 bills & caviar

November 30, 2010 at 11:49 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mitch

True, but deep inside she knows what talent she has or doesn't have and for an artist, that's what really hurts. Don't let the $ fool you.

December 1, 2010 at 3:53 am | Report abuse |
  11. D

RAHRAHAAAHAAAHAA I WANT YOUR ROMANCE!!!

November 30, 2010 at 8:31 pm | Report abuse |
    • everyone nose

your singing it wrong!!!!! if your going to post something get it straight

December 3, 2010 at 11:09 am | Report abuse |
  12. orilove50

talentlesss tart.. all the contoversy she gets is of what she is wearing.

November 30, 2010 at 7:37 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Superhiro

Le gasp. She has Akon praising her album?! THE Akon? Yea.... who the hell is Akon again? Also, for the record, being deeper than a meat dress is... not at all impressive.

November 30, 2010 at 6:34 pm | Report abuse |
  14. kiwilogic

it'll probibly go straight to number 1 before anyone has even bought the album funny how that works record companys tell us whats number 1 and what we should listen to even if theres no talent anywhere to be found in it its all money shes just talentless cr*p. album of the year my ass

November 30, 2010 at 6:11 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Kate

She's a legend in her own mind.

November 30, 2010 at 5:07 pm | Report abuse |
  16. zbtrocker

That's a pretty bold statement. Something tells me that she's gonna burn out real quick.

November 30, 2010 at 4:17 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mitch

Just like Terence Trent D'Arby! I'm waiting for Lady Gaga to claim she'll be bigger than the Beatles, then I'll really know it's over for her.

December 1, 2010 at 3:52 am | Report abuse |
  17. .

I don't like her but is it really necissary for this derogitory remark? Really CNN why don't you take this comment off instead of alot of others that you do?

November 30, 2010 at 4:02 pm | Report abuse |
    • Honest Abe

Learn to spell no name...

November 30, 2010 at 5:32 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mitch

I agree, learn to spell. You should be ashamed of yourself.

December 1, 2010 at 3:50 am | Report abuse |
    • Bob

Spelling aside, her music IS a meat dress!!

December 1, 2010 at 8:44 am | Report abuse |
    • .

Who didn't know that was coming from you spell check queens. so sad that is all you see is misspelling but put up with crap like the statement above. What is this world coming to? A bunch of pervs.

December 1, 2010 at 8:46 am | Report abuse |
    • Honest Abe

Well no name, not only have you showed that you cannot spell, you basically cannot write a coherent sentence either.

Way to go!

December 1, 2010 at 9:19 am | Report abuse |
    • .

Wow honest abe you got me good. NEWAY did you not read that post before mine? It was taken off by CNN because it was inappropriate. So that is what I was talking about so quit coming down on me.

December 2, 2010 at 9:54 am | Report abuse |