Dr. Drew Pinsky to host new HLN show
November 29th, 2010

Dr. Drew Pinsky to host new HLN show

The doctor is in the house: HLN announced this morning that Dr. Drew Pinsky will be launching a new prime time show airing on the network beginning in the Spring.

A certified physician who specializes in coping with addictions, creating healthy relationships and navigating struggles between parents and children, Pinsky will be reflecting on the news stories and newsmakers HLN covers throughout the day and providing relevant observations and perspectives.

Dr. Drew tells CNN, “I'm looking forward to becoming part of the HLN family and digging deep to bring out the stories behind the stories that people are talking about. "

The good doctor is certainly no stranger to television. In addition to the new show on HLN, his latest edition of  "Celebrity Rehab with Dr. Drew" will premiere on December 1 on VH1. This infamous reality show brings together cast of celebrities seeking treatment for a variety of addictions. The new season will feature Rachel Uchitel, well known for her connection with the Tiger Woods scandal, as well as reality TV judge and original supermodel Janice Dickinson.

Pinsky – who also hosts the popular  "Loveline" radio program – is a practicing physician with a private practice and is on staff at Huntington Memorial Hospital. He is also assistant  clinical professor of Psychiatry at the Keck USC School of Medicine.

Pinsky is the author of the New York Times bestselling book "The Mirror Effect:  How Celebrity Narcissism is Seducing America" (Harper-Collins) and "Cracked: Putting Broken Lives Together Again" (Harper-Collins).  He co-authored with Dr. Mark Young the first academic study on celebrities and narcissism

Scot Safon, executive vice president of HLN, said in a statement: “Dr. Drew informs and inspires audiences on subjects that matter most to them and their families, and he is an ideal fit for the HLN network.  Whether the topics are in the news or simply in the daily lives of our audience, Dr. Drew will shed light, provide crucial information and give viewers something to talk—and think–about.”

Dr. Drew Pinsky is coming to HLN and tonight is on “The Joy Behar Show.”  Watch  “The Joy Behar Show” Monday at 9 p.m. ET on HLN

Filed under: Celebrities • television

1. Sunny

Dear Dr. Drew, I hope you see this (I'm on dialup & it's torture using webforms). I've emailed you in the past (around beg. of June) with no acknowledgement; if you can confirm receipt to sunnynight_in_cali@yahoo.com, I'd appreciate it. 1. I SO admire Mr. Jeff Ashton; he did SUCH an excellent job. His ability to think on his feet & perform everything with the right tone & excellent conviction was unmatched. His rebuttal was utterly masterful. I went from worrying about getting Murder 1 to being convinced the jury had no other choice after his rebuttal + Ms. Linda Drane Burdick; I thought Burdick's Verdict would be our new catch-phrase! His retirement is an immense loss for The People. PLEASE let him know how we feel about him out here (I don't know a way to tell him personally). 2. I don't mean this as a racial slam, but I've watched the video of Jose Baez's face as he smiled widely & looked quite friendly directly into the eyes of the jury BEFORE the verdict was read, as if he KNEW what they had decided. Contrary to my nature, I'm now wondering if the Latino loyalty thing & even an illegal payoff of a juror (or several) might have occurred. Your thoughts & that of your experts on that? 3. Also in the video footage of the post-verdict courtroom, I noticed a brief moment when a member of the defense entourage – the tallest, young male – was right at the camera & it appears he had just spoken with/congrat'd presumably Casey Anthony & he made a negative grimace that seemed to imply something like, "Great! Oh brother, we got her off – freed someone of THAT moral fiber." I hope you will check that out. 4. After O.J. was found Not Guilty, the Goldman family sued him & won in the civil case (though they have not rec'd the $ associated with the judgment), how about that alleged paternal grandmother (after she proves DNA connection) suing Casey for depriving her of her granddaughter/killing her – in civil court? [Any/all legal proceedings possible against Casey should be pursued - will keep her from enjoying her partying to the full for awhile anyway]. 5. If the judge (whom I greatly respect) is as smart as I think he is, he will do what the jury did not & take advantage of every opportunity he has to send the message the jury failed to: justice for Caylee might dictate his ordering Casey to make reparations for all the resources used as a result of her now-proven lies. Hey, if we can charge the Runaway Bride (& have her do community svc), why can't we have Casey held accountable (the cost/her ability to actually pay that back, is not the point). I hope the judge gives her the very maximum the law will allow & not let her sentences run concurrently & sentence her to more time & anything else he possibly can – while preaching to her (like only a judge can) about her crimes. Though small consolation, at least THAT might go a little way toward soothing the public's outrage (& might save Casey's life, should some misguided vigilante try to harm her). 6. Yes, Tim Miller (TES) AND the state's resources (investigators, etc) should sue – anyone & everyone who can should sue. We need to help our image around the world on this case. Thank you, Dr. Drew – missed you for a few days there! -Sunny

July 6, 2011 at 8:03 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Dianna

Isn't this verdict for Casey teaching our kids to get out of trouble Just lie, lie, lie

July 6, 2011 at 6:51 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Sue G.

Why has nobody brought up the theory that Caylee was overdosed on the chloroform Casey used to get her to go to sleep so she good party and live the good life. When the little girl died, Casey had to cover up the accident. Please address this on your show. Thanks, Dr. Drew.

May 27, 2011 at 10:15 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Sherry Illies

Dr. Drew Show's Have been Very Informational to me, Being a Mother of 5 Children ages 16, 10, 9, 9, & 3. I'm Dealing with Face book, Bulling, Peer Pressure, Eating Disorders & More. I have C.O.P.D and Too! fighting an Addiction to Ciggerets, Even with all The love I have for my Family. I also Work in a Bar and have My Own opions to the Wet Houses! THANKYOU, Keep Dr. Drew Shows Real!

May 21, 2011 at 5:44 am | Report abuse |
  5. Hal Newhouser

Thank you for your t.v. show about bi-polar. I am taking 500mg DIVALPROEX. JUST LAST YEAR. I was without treatment until I was on medicare. There was just no money. I am an artist http://www.redbubble.com. the disorder has gutted my life because it was untreated.

April 15, 2011 at 7:40 am | Report abuse |
  6. Karen

Is this page where he talks about getting questions from facebook ? Looks like a regular facebook page on ttv not loke this comment page . Just wondering.

April 7, 2011 at 10:01 pm | Report abuse |
  7. angelina

Dr drew IS AN INTERNIST ONLY.....HE IS NOT A PSYCHOLOGIST. OR A DRUG SPECIALIST. HE IS GIVING WRONG ADVICE TO PEOPLE WHO NEED REAL HELP FROM A REAL TRAINED DOCTOR. DR DREW IS USING CHARLIE SHEEN BY TALKING ABOUT HIM DAILY TO TRY AND KEEP HIS RATINGS UP. I change the channel every time I see DR DREW on TV. That rehab show he had made me sick. I could not watch it. The little I did see by changing the channels I felt he was contributing to ruin those people's life by exposing them to cameras and medical advice he just didn't have because he is an INTERNIST. BEWARE. STOP These stupid show's. And go back to what you where trained in. Networks should not have Doctors on their show unless they look up their training. and Credentials VERY VERY IMPORTANT when your dealing with peoples lives.

March 21, 2011 at 4:56 pm | Report abuse |
  8. angelina

D

March 21, 2011 at 4:36 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Shane

Dr Drew is full of terrible advice. He is a medical doctor. Not a psychologist/therapist/psychiatrist. His specialty is the human body NOT behaviors, relationships, etc. He often goes well beyond what he is professionally suited for and gives people maladaptive advice because of it. If he wants to do therapy he should get the training for it before he hands out life advice.

December 1, 2010 at 4:24 pm | Report abuse |
    • Dr. Vicki Hayes

Bravo Shane,

As a clinical psychologist I find his new show wrong on so many levels. Beware:many addiction specialists view all the world's problems through substance abuse filters. Thus, they miss real psychological/psychiatric problems that can trump or underpin addictions For example, I heard him say Charlie Sheen had HYPO-manic behavior in some of those videos–but still focuses all causal attn on drug use. Real clinicians are NOT allowed to diagnose someone without spending time with them face to face. But, if Charlie Sheen would avail himself of a full psychological evaluation (was hoping the judge handling his child custody case would have court-ordered him to have one), the examiner may find he has full blown manic symptoms.

I have a huge problem with making people with mental health/substance abuse problems the night's entertainment. What if they get better & look back on how they appeared to millions of people? That can be traumatizing,

Dr. Drew does not even have mental health training. Is not a psychiatrist, nor psychologist by profession. He should not be speaking to issues outside the area of his expertise. Oh, but that's show biz. Dr. Phil, who does have training as a psychologist, is just as bad–has become an EXPERT on everything under the sun. But he no longer practices real psychology. Check into his background.

April 4, 2011 at 10:12 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Duke BlueDevil

WOW!
    CNN had to take down the comment board on Nancy Grace's surgery....
    Poor Nancy .....so misunderstood
    People really hate her...
    I don't care for her....and I just change the channel..........
    Maybe Nancy will come back as a better person......
    maybe she should stay home and raise her kids.....
    Let's UNLEASH the sound-off comments....
    Karma!

November 30, 2010 at 3:41 pm | Report abuse |
  11. brittany

i like celebrity rehab but it bothers me when dr drew makes that pouty face to his patients when they get emotional like you do to a 3 year old who skinned there knee. However Michael tampa your being a tad ignorant by saying a licensed physician in is trying to get rich off helping people..umm ya..thats why he went to college for 8 years..so he could help people and be WEALTHY! and Dr phil happens to be very respected by many, the way he works with young addicts is amazing. so how about you shhhhh next time because your opinion SUCKS!

November 30, 2010 at 10:03 am | Report abuse |
  12. tasha

Dr. Drew had nothing do to with the actual production of Teen Mom. He does a follow up show and thats it. It is his job to give advice should idiots not choose to take it he cannot be held responsible!

November 30, 2010 at 4:11 am | Report abuse |
  13. alabama *10*

Very Well said! Stephanie!!!!!

November 29, 2010 at 8:37 pm | Report abuse |
  14. gail davidson

Sure wish they would put In Session on HLN.
    Sassy Suzzie

November 29, 2010 at 7:05 pm | Report abuse |
  15. mtgal

Love Dr. Drew but isn't getting Janis Dickinson on just for ratings? She is *&%#@*%! crazy.

November 29, 2010 at 4:51 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Mary

Do we really need another f aggot mangina on tv? we need more real men. Manhood101. c o m

November 29, 2010 at 4:43 pm | Report abuse |
  17. LaughOutLoud

over/under on how many times "BREAKING NEWS" flashes on Nancy/Jane' show?

I say 12 each!

Everything is "BREAKING NEWS" even if it is a year old

November 29, 2010 at 4:19 pm | Report abuse |
  18. anne murdock

I don't watch HLN at night as Joy Behar is more than I can take. Whoever named her Joy didn't know she would exhibit anything but. She is eaten up with hatred for anything republican.

November 29, 2010 at 4:18 pm | Report abuse |
  19. Julie

PLEASE replace Joy Behar or Showbiz Tonight. Joy is already on The View – which is more than enough – and if I want celeb news I'll check People.com!

November 29, 2010 at 3:26 pm | Report abuse |
  20. WinchLock

I certainly do miss when I was able to watch Headline News and catch up with the day's top stories in 15-20 minutes. Maybe if he is replacing Joy Behar, I might watch then.

November 29, 2010 at 3:19 pm | Report abuse |
  21. Claudia, Houston, Tx

Dr. Drew hopefully will be able to reach millions of Americans who can't seek medical help, those who may not recognize they have a medical problem, those who feel helpless, and all of us who can always learn something new, I look forward to this addition to HLN.

November 29, 2010 at 3:19 pm | Report abuse |
  22. Shannon

I don't watch TV that much so have no clue what HLN is. The author of the story could have at least given that much info. Not everyone glues themselves to their TV and memorizes every network!

November 29, 2010 at 3:05 pm | Report abuse |
  23. Dave Elliot

I'd like to see SUSAN MOSS get her own show. She's a riot on The Nancy Grace Show.

November 29, 2010 at 2:55 pm | Report abuse |
  24. Jae in GA

I like Mike (in St. Louis). What happened to Headline News? What happened to being able to what 15 minutes of televison and get caught up on the world's happenings? HLN has turn into the love-baby of a truTV, E!, and VH1 three-way.

November 29, 2010 at 2:45 pm | Report abuse |
  25. jim

Get rid of ROBIN, you poeple are nuts and eat up with jealousy. She is the best thing thats happen to news on TV. You may want to try watching the How to get fit shows and feel better about yourself..................................

November 29, 2010 at 1:57 pm | Report abuse |
  26. Mike in St. Louis

HLN should become TNN (Tabloid News Network) after 5:00 p.m. Eastern time because that it the only programing that they air: Tabloid News. Jane Velez Mitchell, Nancy (Dis)Grace, etc.

November 29, 2010 at 1:42 pm | Report abuse |
  27. Justin

Hey Dr. Drew. Say hi to DL Hughley for me!

November 29, 2010 at 1:36 pm | Report abuse |
  28. Richie

Of all of them I think Jane velez is the worst. She takes so much time espousing her position by the time she get's the question asked of her guest, the guest gets to say four words and then they are interrupted by the commercial. She is an expert on nothing. She values animals over people. Somebody please put HER in a cage!

November 29, 2010 at 1:30 pm | Report abuse |
  29. Michael Superczynski, Columbus, OH

I rarely watch HLN anymore since they ditched the old format of continuous 24 hour half hour updates of breaking news.

I'll certainly never watch this.

November 29, 2010 at 1:25 pm | Report abuse |
  30. bucinka8

Janice Dickinson promotes herself as the world's first supermodel, but she's wrong. Twiggy, Jean Shrimpton and Veruschka, just to name a few, were legitimate supermodels before full-of-herself Janice was even born.

As for Dr. Drew, he is great. He's on my blog post of Hot Guys Over 50: http://shutyoureverlovingpiehole.wordpress.com/2009/08/28/in-praise-of-middle-aged-men/

November 29, 2010 at 1:12 pm | Report abuse |
  31. mttrailboss

Dr. Drew Pinsky will be a good addition to the HLN lineup. Also.., Rachel Uchitel wouldn't hurt. Nice to look at.., however, not necessarily her opinions. Also.., I hope that Dr. Dre will have on Dr. Phil and discuss relationships, since there are now several studies or reports, that there are more single people, than married couples. Whats up with that ? Is single in or the new phrase, "It pays to be single." What does that mean, out with the old practices and in with the new.., good question. We certainly live in a stressful time, life and lifestyle. Mike in Montana

November 29, 2010 at 1:07 pm | Report abuse |
  32. Trevor, Austin, TX

Hasn't the world had enough of this guy and his pseudoscience?

November 29, 2010 at 1:05 pm | Report abuse |
  33. samm

i now have a reason to watch this channel. dr drew = p i m p

November 29, 2010 at 12:52 pm | Report abuse |
  34. San Jose

I love Dr. Drew. The more he's on TV, the better. He is super hot and smart. His wife is one LUCKY woman!!

November 29, 2010 at 12:31 pm | Report abuse |
  35. rafBoca

Dr. Drew is a great choice, but frankly, even Charles Manson would have been a better choice than Joy Blowhard.

November 29, 2010 at 12:20 pm | Report abuse |
  36. Michael tampa

Help people?? are you people idiots? He is getting rich off of the misery of others. TV doctors don't help anyone but their bank account. THE dummying down of american good god!

November 29, 2010 at 12:14 pm | Report abuse |
  37. Marty

ROTFL

November 29, 2010 at 12:12 pm | Report abuse |
  38. mgc florida

Wow celebrity rehab is so exciting, guess cnn wants to continue its downward spiral.

November 29, 2010 at 12:11 pm | Report abuse |
  39. tony

What do the letters HLN stand for? It's not mentioned anywhere in the report.

November 29, 2010 at 12:11 pm | Report abuse |
    • kake79

Nothing anymore. They changed the network's name from "Headline News" to "HLN" because they no longer do headlines... or news. And, no, unfotunately I'm not being sarcastic.

November 29, 2010 at 1:44 pm | Report abuse |
    • tony

Thanks for the reply. I get it now.

November 29, 2010 at 4:19 pm | Report abuse |
  40. Jacqueline

A moralizing MD of the Mormon persuasion cashes in on the most prurient interests of TV viewers on the cheesiest cable channels–I'm shocked! Dr. Pinsky flaunts "celebrity" addicts in pursuit of fame and fortune, not sobriety, to enrich himself and his church. The Anonymous part of 12-step programs is lost when he exploits human misery and greed for the gratification of people who get their jollies watching a drunk hoist himself on his own petard.

November 29, 2010 at 11:59 am | Report abuse |
    • Yak

Mormon? He's a non practicing Jew you DA.

November 29, 2010 at 1:46 pm | Report abuse |
  41. mom4MV

This is great! Grew up with Dr. Drew on Loveline. He was always professional and precise. Definitely a step in the right direction. Problem solving as opposed to problem making.

November 29, 2010 at 11:57 am | Report abuse |
  42. DeadFred

Seriously, I haven't watched NGC (the Nancy Grace Channel) in years because it SUCKS. I supposed CNN/TIME had to do what the market wanted (dumb it down) when they decided to do away with real news on the Headline News Network. No matter, i don't watch now and i won't watch in the future unless they bring back some real news, real reporting and real journalism. I guess I'll die of old age before that happens.

November 29, 2010 at 11:57 am | Report abuse |
  43. Will

Nothing against Dr. Drew (I love Celeb Rehab)...HOWEVER, neither he nor any other program belongs on HLN. That's what CNN was for! Whatever happened to HLN as a reliable source for domestic and international news repeated every 30 minutes, 24/7, 365??? Yet another example of fixing something that wasn't broke. Way to go, Ted.

November 29, 2010 at 11:56 am | Report abuse |
    • Laura

I totally agree with this. When coming home after a long day, and I want to see news at 9pm, cable is a vast wasteland to find a news broadcast. HLN screwed up when they turned themselves into an entertainment channel.

November 29, 2010 at 3:45 pm | Report abuse |
  44. YOUBRO

DR DREW IS THE SHIZNIT. GREW UP IN SOCAL LISTENING TO LOVELINE. I HOPE HE DOESNT WORK WITH NANCY GRACE I HATE THAT WENCH SHE IS FREAKING ANNOYING. HE NEEDS TO DIAGNOSE HER NARCISSISM.

November 29, 2010 at 11:28 am | Report abuse |
  45. Farrow

Yay, more non-news. Bad idea, CNN and HLN.

November 29, 2010 at 10:21 am | Report abuse |
  46. Pilot123

Is Jerry Springer next on the show?

November 29, 2010 at 9:42 am | Report abuse |
  47. tensor

*groan*
    Why is CNN/Turner Broadcasting allergic to news?

November 29, 2010 at 9:38 am | Report abuse |
  48. Zeva

I can't believe how many people can't stand Robin Mead, Jane Velez, and Nancy Grace just as I do. Their shallowness, fake compassion, and abysmal lack of journalistic credentials is appalling. So, why does CNN have them and who falls for their drek?

November 29, 2010 at 9:34 am | Report abuse |
    • Carol

Those are pretty much CNN's standards.

November 29, 2010 at 12:17 pm | Report abuse |
    • xjdavid

Robin is awesome. She earned her degree in broadcasting and had several years experience anchoring before HLN. Does somebody have to win a Pulitzer before they're qualified to anchor the morning news?

Seems like it's only women hatin' on Robin in these comments.

November 29, 2010 at 2:07 pm | Report abuse |
    • Old Timer

Robin is cool......Nancy and Nancy J.R. (Jane) should go away! Both are BULLIES!
      Joy's show is unwatchable......

November 29, 2010 at 4:13 pm | Report abuse |
  49. RS

This is taking Celebrity Narcissism to a whole new level in which case it is not easy to distinguish the
    celebrity doctor's character traits from those of some of the subjects. It's quite sensational to be sure.

November 29, 2010 at 9:27 am | Report abuse |
    • anon1234567

I find it highly amusing that he wrote two books on celebrity narcissism. I wonder if he owns a mirror or is capable of real reflection. I think there is a reason he has chosen this particular career path. I am not sure how much he is really helping these "celebrities."

November 29, 2010 at 1:26 pm | Report abuse |
  50. Dee Dee

Dr. Drew has no integrity. The airwaves are not the place to do 'therapy' or whatever it is he is touting–on teen mom, and his celbrity rehab. He hosted a talk radio show in the past and frankly gave incorrect information to young people. He uses vulnerable people to further his career. HLN has sunk to a new low.

November 29, 2010 at 9:27 am | Report abuse |
  51. sandyb

Please let Dr. Pinsky replace Jane V-Mitchel so we don't have to hear her yelling and disjointed comments -and her loud "proclaimations" that are not thought through or well based on facts. Dr. Pinsky is more thoughtful in his comments and let's his guests talk without a 60 second meandering question allowing for a 5 second response from guests as JVM constantly does.

November 29, 2010 at 9:20 am | Report abuse |
  52. John Mac

Is there no limit to the crap they will put on TV, or that some people will watch!

November 29, 2010 at 8:55 am | Report abuse |
  53. snooks

Hey Stephanie, I don't think Dr Drew "crashed" anyone's life. These teens were already uneducated, poor & pregnant. He just provided them a way to support their children, if only for a little while.

November 29, 2010 at 8:35 am | Report abuse |
  54. michelle

the problem isnt dr. drew on the reality shows, the problem lies with the casts they already had problems. he just wanted to help shed light on what was or is wrong. he is not the bad guy and people need to understand that. hes trained to help.

November 29, 2010 at 8:30 am | Report abuse |
  55. Matt

Hopefully, he will replace Nancy Dis-Grace.

November 29, 2010 at 7:46 am | Report abuse |
    • BrianB

I completely agree Matt though I fear what damage it may do to her babies. Aren't they sooooo adorable. Please Nancy, let's hear you talk about them some more.

November 29, 2010 at 8:22 am | Report abuse |
    • Carol

Right on!!!!!

November 29, 2010 at 12:15 pm | Report abuse |
  56. Stephanie

He should not be allowed on TV or anywhere else. He is getting rich off the crashing lives of others. He needs to follow through with the mess he left those teen moms in before he moves on to something else. How come we idolize and reward bad behavior and stand by and watch others suffer! All this reality TV should be banned as a hazard to your health and well being. It's POISIN.

November 29, 2010 at 7:44 am | Report abuse |
    • Matt

Yes, he is paid. However he is providing a service. One can learn from the miserable behavior and failings of others. I.E. "Teen Mom" on MTV is another program that provides excellent expamples of how NOT TO ACT or REACT to situations in real life. What reality TV has done is to not to provide a platform for people to get rich off the misery of others rather give us insight into how immature, insecure, class-less, and uneducated we as a nation are becoming. Other great examples are "Jersey Shore," "Real Life," "Real Housewives," etc., etc. What I have observed in recent years is that 99% of the stars of these reality shows give us great lessons in how NOT to resolve issues, how NOT to handle drama, how NOT to raise children.

November 29, 2010 at 8:00 am | Report abuse |
    • Lisa

Dr. Drew is trying to help people. I believe he does these shows to show others what not to do. This is his job and he is good at it. At least he has the credentials to show for it. These people who star on the shows aren't doing with their arms tied behind their backs and a gun at their heads. They all know they are going to be on TV and they all sign on the dotted line. Don't blame Dr. Drew for these peoples lives and their choices to make money for themselves in the limelight. I would go to him in a heartbeat if I had the choice. Best wishes on your new adventures, Dr. Drew.

November 29, 2010 at 8:23 am | Report abuse |
    • LL

I agree with the others that Dr. Drew is providing more of a service to these (in)famous people than others like Dr. Phil, etc. who are quacks (Dr. Phil has had his license revoked before and it is not active). Dr. Drew is a practicing physician and the bottom line of bad behavior is that unless the person is willing to admit that they have a problem, they will NEVER get better. So, the best physician in the world could do all s/he can do for these folks, but if the people aren't willing to accept help, they will never shed themselves of their addictions and problems.

November 29, 2010 at 10:54 am | Report abuse |
    • Narcy

"He needs to follow through with the mess he left this teen moms in"

Last I checked he didn't knock them up or force them to make the decisions they've made in life. If they're old enough to be parents I think they can take responsibility for their own actions.

November 29, 2010 at 4:59 pm | Report abuse |
  57. ronert jacobsen

hopefuly nancy grace th fakely nci investigator will be gone

November 29, 2010 at 7:37 am | Report abuse |
  58. Jeff

Maybe the 10 pm repeat of Nancy Grace or the 11 pm repeat of Showbiz Tonight...

November 29, 2010 at 7:33 am | Report abuse |
  59. Robert

I'll definitely watch, and if he gets Adam Carolla on with him I would NEVER MISS AN EPISODE. Loveline with those two, and Dr. Drew's appearance on Adam's podcast, are probably the funniest moments I've ever heard in my life. Great to hear a professional like Drew have fun and go crazy with Adam.

November 29, 2010 at 7:22 am | Report abuse |
    • you can call me...

The Loveline radio show with drew and adam was the greatest, funniest entertainment ever broadcast. It was hilarious, informative, and reach a broad group that needed a commonsense resource. Together they provided comedy which then held the door open for knowledge. i think a show together would be a better idea, but it is good to see dr. drew doing something new.

November 29, 2010 at 4:26 pm | Report abuse |
  60. Jane

I clicked on this to see if maybe they were replacing Robin Meade. I won't turn the channel to HLN until she's gone. She is sooooo frivolous and fake- especially her tan.

November 29, 2010 at 7:17 am | Report abuse |
    • LISAMCMC

Finally, someone else who doesn't like Robin Meade!! I can hardly stand to watch her anymore, but I do like Jennifer and Bob and Rafer. Robin is so full of herself and when she got those tooth veneers, she was whistling and making all kinds of sounds. I am so tired of her SCREAMING the news, as if she can hardly believe what she is reporting! And did you see her at the Grand Ole Opry singing Welcome Home? Not good, not good at all. She was all twitchy and spazzy, and her voice is obviously untrained.

November 29, 2010 at 10:13 am | Report abuse |
    • DyNama

you guys are nuts! Robin Meade is the best thing to happen to news! When Headline News used to be all live, all news from a vivacious team, I used to watch watch it all day, especially Robin in the morning and Rudi Bakhtiar in the evening. Now it is HLN News & Views so Robin is all I watch–I even record a bit in case I don't get up in time! I won't watch talk shows on a news channel, it is Just Wrong, so I won't be watching Dr Drew either.
      –former CNN/HLN Infomaniac

November 29, 2010 at 1:29 pm | Report abuse |
    • xjdavid

Why are you hating on Robin? Not only does she have nothing whatsoever to do with this article, but your complaints about her are silly. How do you know she's fake? She seems likeable and intelligent.
      Robin Meade is the best anchor on in the morning. Beautiful, funny, and perfect for first-thing-in-the-morning news. I probably wouldn't turn to Headline News at all if it wasn't for her and the rest of the morning crew.

November 29, 2010 at 2:00 pm | Report abuse |
    • BBP

Robin Meade is the only thing CNN has done right.

November 29, 2010 at 3:47 pm | Report abuse |
  61. richie

PLEASE tell me he's replacing Jane Valez

November 29, 2010 at 7:11 am | Report abuse |
    • kiki

I love Dr. Drew. He'll be a great addition to HLN.

November 29, 2010 at 10:06 am | Report abuse |
    • carol

I sincerely hope so! What a horrible program she runs.

November 29, 2010 at 12:12 pm | Report abuse |
    • mike

I've lost a ton of respect for Dr. Drew...he's now a money grabbin' sellout! Stick to Loveline, where you actually help people and leave the phony TV gigs behind!

November 29, 2010 at 2:14 pm | Report abuse |
    • AceRyder

If I'm Gupta, I'm upset that this knucklehead is coming to my channel.

November 29, 2010 at 4:19 pm | Report abuse |
    • Dr. Maggie

Dr, Drew, MD.,

Here we go again. I am sorry for all the addicted people we have in our country; however, you are not given the proper respect for the hundreds of people who suffer in pain daily from chronic illnesses; including severe nerve pain. Imagine how they feel every time they take a pain pill that helps them get out and have a more quality of life. These pain medications were designed to help people who are not addicted to anything! I know because I am one of those people, and I have decided to become the voice for those people because it seems to me they are simple becoming the forgotten few-you know the ones who follow their doctors orders, who take their medications the way they are told to. Let's not forget Dr. Drew that for every addict who take s these medications, there is someone out here who is taking them the proper way, and who are finally able to walk again. You know, the ones the medications were designed to help?

PLEASE if you keep being addicted to the already addicted, than what does that say about you? It is only fair that you begin to show both sides of these issue.

Dr. Maggie, PhD