November 28th, 2010
07:00 PM ET
With turkeys and Black Fridays officially a thing of the past, we set our sights towards yet another holiday filled with food - and while we're on the subject: This week brings the return of "Top Chef"!
But before we get to the Christmas-themed programming that's (already) airing this week, let's talk about "Black Swan," the dramatic thriller from Darren Aronofsky starring Natalie Portman and Mila Kunis. The highly-anticipated film finally bows in theaters on December 3 after months of buzz, particularly for Portman, who stars as ballet dancer Nina Sayers.
Here are 8 other don't-miss pop culture moments:
• On Monday, November 29, Christmas is going country with the “CMA Country Christmas” special on ABC at 9:30 p.m.. The event, hosted by Jennifer Nettles of Sugarland, will feature stars like Brad Paisley, Kellie Pickler and LeAnn Rimes performing classic holiday tunes.
• On Tuesday, November 30, the Black Eyed Peas will release their latest album, “The Beginning.” Fans who purchase the record could snag a chance to see the group perform live during halftime at the 2011 Super Bowl.
• If you were too busy snacking on Turkey Day goodies (or passed out somewhere in a food coma) and missed Beyonce's "I Am...World Tour" concert special on ABC, you're in luck: the “Beyonce: I Am…World Tour” DVD/CD releases Tuesday.
• The holiday classic “Dr. Seuss' How the Grinch Stole Christmas" will air (for the first of many times across a number of networks, no doubt) on Tuesday, November 30 on ABC at 8 p.m.
• On Wednesday, December 1, a new book about Julia Child will be released, but this one won’t require you to fire up your stove. In “As Always, Julia: The Letters of Julia Child and Avis DeVoto,” culinary historian Joan Reardon has put together a collection of Child’s correspondence with her pen pal, Avis DeVoto. (DeVoto was played by Deborah Rush in the movie “Julie & Julia.")
• On Wednesday night, you can catch Justin Bieber, B.o.B., Miranda Lambert, Bruno Mars and Katy Perry perform at the Grammy nominations concert, hosted by LL Cool J and broadcast live on CBS at 10 p.m.
• That same evening, your favorite “Top Chef’s” return in “Top Chef All-Stars” at 10 p.m. ET on Bravo.
• We’re sure Twihards already have this circled on their calendars, but for the rest of you who don’t mind a good vampire teen romance: “The Twilight Saga: Eclipse” will be released on DVD and Blu-ray on December 4.
From around the web
About this blog
Our daily cheat-sheet for breaking celebrity news, Hollywood buzz and your pop-culture obsessions.