Kanye, Nicki Minaj could have strong first week sales
November 26th, 2010

Kanye, Nicki Minaj could have strong first week sales

They've teamed up together on a single for his latest project, and now the pair stand poised to take over the charts.

Billboard is reporting that rappers Kanye West and Nicki Minaj are projected to have a big week with their respective albums. West's  "My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy" could sell as many as 550,000 units by November 28, which would see him crowned No. 1 on the Billboard 200 chart.

Meanwhile, Minaj's debut album, "Pink Friday," is reportedly on track to sell more than 400,000. According to Billboard, such an achievement could mark the best sales week for a female hip-hop artist since Nielsen SoundScan began tracking sales in 1991.

If she does well enough, Minaj could topple the record currently held by Lauryn Hill, whose album  "The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill"  launched with 423,000 sold in 1998.

1. play travian

Fantastic points altogether, you simply gained a new reader. What could you suggest in regards to your post that you simply made a few days in the past? Any certain?

April 19, 2012 at 8:47 pm | Report abuse |
  2. marquee.blogs.cnn.com

Kanye nicki minaj could have strong first week sales.. Slap-up :)

April 17, 2011 at 8:47 am | Report abuse |
  3. Vitaman T

All music has gone down, But I'm still a Fan and a underground artist, http://www.undadirt.com and youtube/undadirt music , and youtube/algebra2go rap

January 16, 2011 at 3:09 pm | Report abuse |
  4. d hodge

first week sales are people who like u, 2nd week are people who grew to like you, her music will not gain NO MORE PEOPLE. thanks to lil wayne and baby she has fooled the couple of hundred thousand she has now

November 30, 2010 at 10:39 pm | Report abuse |
  5. d hodge

nicki cant tought lauren hill sorry, thats garbage. even if she sells big her first week 2nd week will be a big drop, cant cant gain anymore fans than she already has from young money

November 30, 2010 at 10:38 pm | Report abuse |
  6. rr

*your

November 30, 2010 at 4:03 pm | Report abuse |
  7. TASHA

I love Nicki, but sorry, in my opinion her album stinks.. pewww. Lil Kim is Ok, Im not on neither side but her Classics (Kims) is better than Nicki's new songs. Some of the things she says does not make sense, is this what Rap/Hip-Hop has come to today. I'm going back to my classics like Tupac, Biggie, JayZ.. I rather listen to them. Sorry to say she is not gonna be rapping for long.

November 30, 2010 at 7:12 am | Report abuse |
  8. veronika

I luv nicki she kicks ass !!!
    Pink Friday is on 24hrs a day :)
    I never skip a track, I enjoy every one of her songs. Thanx for the exciting album, it gave me goose bumbs the first time I played it... Awesome LOL. God bless u all
    Lots of hugs an kisses

November 30, 2010 at 2:41 am | Report abuse |
  9. Audemir

Call me crazy but I think Nicki will take the No.1 spot with first week sells of 1 million or close to. Also I bought "My Beautiful Dark Fantasy" and "Pink Friday" and I must say both albums are remarkable.

November 29, 2010 at 1:42 am | Report abuse |
  10. celebs911

Predictions on Kanye on our Celebs911.com
    He is a nice man, but his behavior is driven by pain that he holds inside him since he was three years old. Read the entire article:
    On Nicki Minaj: Buttoms up!:) love the song..

November 28, 2010 at 11:41 am | Report abuse |
  11. sunless

get to that http://www.SUPERSONIC.US.COM

November 27, 2010 at 5:14 pm | Report abuse |
  12. rollingmyeyesatyou

there is a lot of stupidity on here. plain and simple.

November 27, 2010 at 1:57 pm | Report abuse |
  13. drew

dude someone should tell kanye NO BODY CARES anymore, he is an annoying rerun of golden girls, except they have more of a future

November 27, 2010 at 12:37 pm | Report abuse |
    • rr

550,000+ obviously care. honestly you're opinion of him doesn't change the fact that he makes music that people like and music that is just as creative and different as others are saying it is. Listen to the album before you talk, and if you don't like that type of music then just don't talk about it at all.

November 30, 2010 at 4:03 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Peoplegobacktoschool

Reading the comments down below makes me wanna facepalm myself. Please learn to put a decent sentence together, its very sad. Please go learn some sentence structure.

PS. Nicki Manaj is not good music. Its a piece of cookie cutter gaga crap.

November 27, 2010 at 11:46 am | Report abuse |
  15. GeneT

If you really think Nicki is good you pretty much telling me you have low self esteem, for the Kanye album you can hate him all you want the boy is a genius, I know he does crazy stuff in public and other stuff but he really hasn't been the seem since his mother passed but that doesnt excuse his action. Without Kanye Hip-hop would be dead....

November 27, 2010 at 9:39 am | Report abuse |
  16. Kale

I like Nicki's album and i'm not in the game of comparing and contrasting what she does...
    Her acheivements are all legit, and i won't trivialize them... but... I will say... toppling L.Boogie's record... it was gonna happen eventually... but... Boogie will still hold that record to me... her albums were selling for 20 bucks a pop... not $4.99...
    + it's L. Boogie... will reign surpeme over every female to step foot in hip hop hop/rap/soul/rnb...ect...

But Minaj is doing it big... all the haters on the negative sweat should probably go take a cold shower right about now. She doesn't care if you think she's credible... she's selling and performing all over the world.

November 27, 2010 at 12:06 am | Report abuse |
  17. Michael

Kanye was better with his first two albums. Nicki Minaj is funny looking and she's not really good. Also anyone who really likes these two are the following things: Black (which I am so I'm not racist) and a person who won't listen to anything else except rap and r & b.

November 26, 2010 at 10:42 pm | Report abuse |
    • shagreen

Shut up...you sound stupid every album since College Drop out has been better than the last or just completely categorically different.

November 26, 2010 at 11:36 pm | Report abuse |
    • Getmoney

they like my favorite two artists right now but i love pop to like katy perry, mike posner, usher, lady gaga but i love rap and r & b and im black so u should not say that

November 26, 2010 at 11:47 pm | Report abuse |
    • tremaine

That's crazy Kanye is a genius we may not like what he say at times but his music is good and Nicki has put forth a great first album people seem to forget this is her first album she will get better with time I'm black I listen to all types of music I'm more excited about my chemical romances album

November 27, 2010 at 5:24 am | Report abuse |
    • Dustin

I bought the new Kanye West album and I'm not black. Also my favorite is rock, with my favorite musicians being Nine Inch Nails and Deftones. Kanye West is just a great musician, that's why people buy his stuff.

November 28, 2010 at 9:26 pm | Report abuse |
    • Brian

I am neither of those two things. I am WHITE and GAY. I love Kanye and Nicki Minaj. I listen to all types of music the only music I don't like is Hard Rock and Screamo. You are obviously just a hater, in the words of Nicki Minaj "Haters you can kill yourselves"

November 29, 2010 at 3:52 pm | Report abuse |
  18. Blazin

i've got nicki minaj's PINK FRIDAY album and all i have to say is that this shyd go str8 HAM. She snap on every song and u can let the whole album play through. 2 all yall haters step ya cookies up.......hahaha.I read her thank you and it was so nice and she is such a humble person, you could also see that wen she was on 106&Park. I respect her and wish her all the luck in the world cuz she is blessed.................da dun dun.

November 26, 2010 at 7:44 pm | Report abuse |
  19. sonylegend

The whole entertainment industry at this point has taken the oath and sold out .... They Killed Michael Jackson, 2pac, Lennon, and others who no longer supported their agenda....

GAME OVER

November 26, 2010 at 6:22 pm | Report abuse |
  20. babycelebs411

check out our celebs911 page as we posted Kanyee West predictions with a special message and read about Usher's son birthday: http://babycelebs411.com/2010/11/26/usher-raymond-v-is-turning-3-years-old-today/.
    Visit our Celebs911 page with the latest predictions on celebrities

November 26, 2010 at 6:17 pm | Report abuse |
  21. I feel free

"Cause when you go hard your nays become yays, yankee stadium with jays and kanyes."-Nicki

November 26, 2010 at 5:30 pm | Report abuse |
  22. mddiva30

With Rihanna in #3. Nicki Minaj has a relatively short shelf life so she better enjoy it while she can....

November 26, 2010 at 5:28 pm | Report abuse |
    • Team Minaj

When Kanye take number 1 and Nicki number 2 Susan Boyle will be number 3 and that other girl will be number 4 rihanna will drop to 5 if not lower...

November 27, 2010 at 5:14 am | Report abuse |
  23. druski

As much as I can't stand Kanye's way of acting, the guy makes good music in my opinion. Also, I love Nicki Minaj, I told her I'd admit it I hope one day we get married just to say we f***ing did it. :-) Kill it baby!

November 26, 2010 at 4:34 pm | Report abuse |
  24. Truth

Kanye is a bigot and a liberal stooge.

November 26, 2010 at 4:26 pm | Report abuse |
    • Chris

I agree. And Nicki is garbage. She's already starting "beef" with Lil Kim to sell records. What's happening to hip-hop? Lil Wayne? No. Jay-Z lost his touch after his "retirement". Eminem has talent, but he's far too predictable. Drake? Get real. Nas has been rather inconsistent as well. Either Outkast needs to come back with a BRILLIANT new album, or a fresh new face needs to step up and become hip-hop's savior. None of these "artists" are worth being in the news.

November 29, 2010 at 12:29 am | Report abuse |
    • Sugadoll

Nicki didnt start the beef Kim did. Kims been dissing her for well over a year and Nicki hadnt said anything negative about Kim til "Romans Revenge"... get ur facts right

November 29, 2010 at 2:35 am | Report abuse |
  25. avril

U have a good future girl

November 26, 2010 at 4:25 pm | Report abuse |
  26. avril

Go nicky u have a bright future

November 26, 2010 at 4:25 pm | Report abuse |