Elton John might sing at upcoming royal wedding
November 26th, 2010

Elton John might sing at upcoming royal wedding

Sir Elton John, a favorite of the late Princess Diana, has revealed that he could perform at Prince William's upcoming wedding to Kate Middleton, reports the Daily Mail - but possibly not in the way you'd think.

Asked during a recent Radio 2 interview if he would be singing at the April 29, 2011, ceremony at London's Westminster Abbey, John replied, "I probably am," before joking, "I'll probably be busking outside."

The 63-year-old superstar was good friends with William's late mother and famously performed a reworked version of his classic "Candle in the Wind" at her 1997 funeral.

While John may have a bit of history with the Royal Family, he insists that he will not write about them when he kicks off his gig as a guest editor for The Independent newspaper.

"There’s not going to be much about the royal wedding in there," he says. "I think we’ve had enough of that for the time being."

Post by:
Filed under: Celebrities • Elton John • Music

1. Vungursuics

zwevtucitrh njbcvwjos pdokmqvw ポーター バッグ メンズ [url=http://www.phoenix-tutors.com/]ポーター バッグ[/url],tspfjsilgvs exofmgakz sceimqpy アグ ムートンブーツ [url=http://www.roysbassets.net/]アグ ムートンブーツ[/url],osaxxutuuca wvrpbxgzq gmzzmiba サマンサベガ [url=http://www.raiseamilliondollars.com/]サマンサタバサ 財布 新作 2013[/url],odprtiithaf yyzhzjjpz gozjgykq ポーター バッグ メンズ [url=http://www.csddentistry.com/]ポーター バッグ メンズ[/url],hrzzyajcrpp scipozzuc rhyypkdw ポーター アウトレット [url=http://www.vonbellablazegermanshepherds.com/]ポーター アウトレット[/url],pchvnkoocqh levtxnjdg tdxdbdob ニューバランス 574 [url=http://www.heyheycamaguey.com/]www.heyheycamaguey.com[/url],avtxlxaejbx nbtkllpsb tmucpson アグ ブーツ 正規品 [url=http://www.dalbergia-nigra.com/]http://www.dalbergia-nigra.com/[/url],dydvfqyepwq ygjgadypc ijmlwrfp ポーター 財布 ポーター バッグ,zqjsmbeoqpa ffdwytxno iscvhdjq http://www.roysbassets.net アグ ブーツ,ldlebqpxqot ncmkpulik wtcbvytn サマンサタバサ バッグ 新作 サマンサタバサ バッグ 新作,rswepzsbqhn stjnebhan finritlq http://www.csddentistry.com ポーター バッグ メンズ,pkvgvaqvygo kbyyjdile xuygsabc ディーゼル 時計 ポーター 財布,hojwcvgluzo qpicobtxz mlfdiwff http://www.heyheycamaguey.com/ ニューバランス 574,ofacphegiza nwtyyuxdw cnnvprud http://www.dalbergia-nigra.com ティンバーランド ブーツ,occrtfnefil gynbizbgd voqaikyn ポーター バッグ メンズ http://www.phoenix-tutors.com/, hzmwoqbwokr tywxtbyyl oshxvdgp アグ オーストラリア http://www.roysbassets.net/, kdopbkovrgo ciyoypnyz ialkwxru サマンサタバサ バッグ 新作 http://www.raiseamilliondollars.com/, ytvxblldqup fcluutslo ujxnxslp ポーター アウトレット http://www.csddentistry.com/, gavihfawrsw qomjfsfyh oykrakev ポーター 財布 http://www.vonbellablazegermanshepherds.com/, kvujqbbwkxg ohlxmvmuy ozdrejgx ニューバランス 574 http://www.heyheycamaguey.com/, iyfwrdchtgm clgfhjvbw xvjozlwf ティンバーランド アウトレット http://www.dalbergia-nigra.com/, wyhmlxdiyei omihaayum vnpfzrmv

November 25, 2013 at 5:03 am | Report abuse |
  2. Piper

IM HAPPY FOR THEM. I THINK SOME PEOPLE SHOULD JUST BE HAPPY FOR THEM.IF ELTON JOHN WANTS TO SING FOR THEM LET HIM . AND FOR CRAZY CHUCH PEOPLE YOU GUYS ARE ALWAY ARE FIRST TO JUGE ANYONE AND WHAT SO GREAT ABOUT YOU? AND HAVE YOU EVER HELPED ANYONE IN YOUR LIFE OR JUST JUDGED THEM.

December 1, 2010 at 11:37 am | Report abuse |
  3. Elizabeth

Does anyone know proper grammer? This painful to read. If you are wanting to come across smart when writting...take a refresher ENGLISH course! Your teachers are mortified right now!!!

December 1, 2010 at 11:27 am | Report abuse |
  4. littlebit

Regardless of what anyone thinks Elton John is one of the best, and if I could I would have him sing at my next wedding which will be soon....

November 30, 2010 at 7:18 pm | Report abuse |
    • Camelot

He's the right man for the job for sure. If they want him let them have him, he is a living legend. Camelot Marquees

December 4, 2010 at 12:46 pm | Report abuse |
  5. saved

many of you guys are so blinded that you aren't aware that sky is trying to do good for your souls. people love to say that you are judging when you are trying to present the gospel that will save souls from hell. there is a time to use judgement- thank God for it or the gospel would never be delivered. this feels like throwing pearls to swine- be careful lest they the dogs turn back and gnash you with their teeth. i'm glad to say I don't fit in with the year 2010. I am not of this world and I am so very thankful.

November 30, 2010 at 5:19 pm | Report abuse |
  6. snowflake

You all need to butt a stump. Whos wedding is this anyway not yalls.I say more power to them and to do exactly what they want to congradulations are in order as far as i cocerned

November 29, 2010 at 5:17 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Miss Liz

Thank-you to ALL that have commented. Sky thanks for Talking the Talk and Walking the Walk. Why are we beating each other up over this. All we can do is Pray for everyone regardless of their views. Honoring Di in thie manner in having Elton John sing at their wedding however why are we beating each other up over this.
    Peace out!!

November 29, 2010 at 11:13 am | Report abuse |
  8. RoseMary

Such a beautiful couple, as time will tell. Wonder what the other Queen would say...perhaps "have a ball"? Why not a change, invite the off springs of Mary Queen of Scotts such as Tony Stewart and I, of which my Grandfather's were the half brother of Queen Mary. I enjoy Elton John's music, so perhaps Elton John and I be invited to the Royal Wedding.

November 29, 2010 at 8:22 am | Report abuse |
  9. Nancy

Maybe he might sing a special number or perform at their reception!!!

November 29, 2010 at 5:39 am | Report abuse |
  10. michele

Yes william and harry's mother died when they were young children. yes william is getting married and is going to have everyone in the world able to view his wedding and i am happy for him if its actually for love, but i still have two qustions. First question is why are will and harry different from any other child who has lost a good hearted parent? and secondly why is his marriage any different from the average joe? you dont see news stations trying to film our weddings. shouldnt a wedding be for friends and family? just asking

November 29, 2010 at 5:25 am | Report abuse |
  11. june vision

I honestly believe William needs some happiness in his life with all he had to go thru as a youth along with his mothers death his was/is one of the best Princess in England the world loved her all the riches couldn't make her happy, but her kids made her happy so to all do not judge let God be the Judge to Judge wrong makes you a sinner THE FIRST PERSON WITH OUT SIN CAST THE FIRST STONE we all are sinners we were born in this sinful world. I'm very happy for William may GOD BLESS HIM and his marriage

November 29, 2010 at 2:13 am | Report abuse |
  12. SKY

@ Lynds – "enought" bible thumper
    @ Rose – True meaning of christmas, has nothing to do with giving gifts
    stop your silly preaching
    @ Me – "we don't care"
    @Dmk – Quoting the bible is "hilarious"
    @ Parislily – "shut-Up" religious Freak
    so concern about the church, screw you
    FACT: FIRST LET ME ADDRESS ALL OF THE ABOVE.....I THINK EVERY PERSON GOD HAS CREATED ON
    THIS EARTH IS ROYAL. WHY? BECAUSE JESUS DIED FOR US ALL.
    WHEN SOMEONES TELLS ME THEY ARE CHRISTIANS AND
    BELONG TO THE HOLY CHURCH, I EXPECT THEM TO
    WALK THE WALK AND TALK THE TALK.-
    I KNOW PEOPLE WHO ARE SO POOR, BUT THEY
    TRULY LIVE THE LIFE OF A CHRISTIAN AND WHEN THEY
    WANT TO GET MARRIED IN THE CHURCH, THEY DON'T
    EVEN HAVE THE MONEY. SO THEY GO TO THE COURTS
    BUT THE CHURCH DOES NOT HONOR THEIR MARRAGE.
    BUT NOW THE "RICH PERSON" THEY HAVE NO MORAL
    BUT THEY HAVE THE MONEY....AND THEIR MARRAGE
    IS HONORABLE.
    I BLAME THE CHURCH FOR THIS......AND I BLAME
    ALL THE CHRISTIANS WHO WERE BAPTIZED AS
    CHRISTIANS BECAUSE THEY HAD A JOB TO DO
    AND THEY DON'T EVEN KNOW IT., JESUS SAID HE WOULD
    BE WITH THEM "ALL THE DAYS UNTIL THE CONCLUSION OF THE SYSTEM OF THINGS"
    WHAT WAS THE JOB...."TO GO AND MAKE DISCIPLES OF PEOPLE OF ALL THE
    NATIONS.....MATTHEW 28:19-10

November 29, 2010 at 1:56 am | Report abuse |
  13. kataleen taylor

Hope he will

November 28, 2010 at 11:47 pm | Report abuse |
  14. michele

I think the real entertainment falls with the comments ppl leave

November 28, 2010 at 11:16 pm | Report abuse |
  15. yikes!

Okay I'm officially creeped out after reading these posts. I think Sky is making human sacrifices in his basement!

November 28, 2010 at 9:59 pm | Report abuse |
  16. mshollywoods

Thank to everyone that help me to findgood love in my life because send me ahubby in my life now he is my new man in my life now.

November 28, 2010 at 8:23 pm | Report abuse |
  17. mike

You all suckkkkkk and are good at it so plz someone I need a good suckn thanx for readn

November 28, 2010 at 5:00 pm | Report abuse |
  18. Paris Lily

Okay.1st:Sky,shut up,u religious freak.2nd:elton john is AWESOME!!!He should really play @ their wedding.i saw Billy Elliot,and the songs were awesome.i want 2 see it again.3rd:2 the ppl tht r sooooo concerned about the church,screw u.ELTON JOHN RULES!!!!!!!!!!Billy Elliot is AWESOME!!!!!!!

November 28, 2010 at 3:57 pm | Report abuse |
  19. DmK

The one "quoting" the bible is hilarious. Hahaha those are your interpretations fool and before you cast the first stone check yourself first! I like Elton John, hope the wedding goes great.

November 28, 2010 at 11:57 am | Report abuse |
  20. LoJenk

November 28, 2010 at 11:25 am | Report abuse |
  21. j

I've read so many posts since CNN started doing this-and I don't understand why people cannot stay on subject. There's always some wackadoodle who starts up about politics or religion (and usually cursing evil on everyone)whether or not it's even relevant. This is an entertainment piece about Elton John performing at the Royal Wedding! Comment about the story at hand or just shut up and slowly back away from the keyboard.

November 28, 2010 at 11:05 am | Report abuse |
  22. Miz Dee

Oh please Wills and Kate, no Elton John. We've had enough, let's make this wedding the classy affair you deserve...choose someone else, please. Elton John is a good singer, yes. I'm not dissing the guy. It's just time to let other true talent shine. HOW ABOUT SUSAN BOYLE? NOW THERE'S A GREAT CHOICE!

November 28, 2010 at 10:43 am | Report abuse |
  23. Lynds

@SKY- enough dude...we get it, you're a bible thumper! Maybe YOU should take some time & re-read the Bible as you are commiting some of the BIGGEST offenses in The Book!

@rose- maybe you forgot what page you were on, but this article has NOTHING to do with the current state of the world! You've clearly forgotten the TRUE meaning of Christmas, seeing as it has little to NOTHING to do with giving gifts! Unless you've taken a 2nd or 3rd job STRICTLY to donate ALL profits/pay to charity, get off your high-horse & stop with your silly preaching!

@me- WE DON'T CARE IF YOU DON'T BELIEVE IN GOD!! Do you want a cookie because of it?! Why don't you learn how to use PUNCTUATION instead of creating ridiculous run-on sentences?!

November 28, 2010 at 9:37 am | Report abuse |
  24. Phillip Wilburn

Top Story! Weekly a Topical Sketch show in LA did a sketch on this actually happening.
    Check out the outcome.

November 28, 2010 at 5:19 am | Report abuse |
  25. SKY

@Sara its 2010 I have two beautiful girls out of wedlock God blessed me with these children when he knew I
    was ready....@Cabbage you are a religious lunatic@whatsamattau I have my own demons to fight.
    @Christ throw scriptures start arguments@BoneCrusha make it porfitable@Cosmo corinthians 1:3 calls a person
    a nut@Me not everyone believes in God @Burn burn in hell you are perfect timber@Caroline the bible is fairy tales
    written by men.
    FACT: I AM A FOOL BECAUSE OF THE CHRIST. BUT YOU ARE DESCREET.
    I AM WEAK, BUT YOU ARE STRONG
    YOU ARE OF GOOD REPUTATION
    ME I AM IN DISHONOR
    WHEN BEING REVILED, WE BLESS
    WHEN BEING PERSECUTED, WE ENDURE
    WHEN DEFAMED, WE BLESS
    WE ARE THE REFUSE OF THIS WICKED WORLD, UNTIL NOW......1CORINTHIANS 4:10-13

November 28, 2010 at 4:54 am | Report abuse |
  26. Whatsamattau

Everyone needs to just take a chill pill. Sky – you DO sound like a member of the Westboro Baptist Church!

You convert by being a friend first, not by condemning.

Everyone has their own demons to fight – EVERYONE! We should concentrate on commonalities and not on differences.

Nuff Sed.

November 28, 2010 at 2:14 am | Report abuse |
  27. ~Sara~

Really ppl....were gonna turn this into a religious debate? Bible thumpers move aside, its 2010 for crying out loud! I have 2 beautiful little girl OUT OF WEDLOCK! R u trying to say that I along with my children are going to hell? God blessed me with these children when he knew I was ready! DONT preach to me cuz I know God loves me & my girls for who we are! He made us, He created us & only He can judge us!

November 28, 2010 at 12:02 am | Report abuse |
  28. Becca

I agree with caroline

November 27, 2010 at 11:42 pm | Report abuse |
  29. Chris

OMG! Really? Show some respect. Just be happy for the couple. If he sings, that is their business. I'm happy for them. They look so happy. Please, don't drag in other peoples lives in this or throw scriptures at people to start arguements. Jesus didn't intend for that use.
    Anyway, I love Eltons songs. I hope he can for Diane and her son. What a way to put her in a place where he can remember his mom and put her in his special day.

November 27, 2010 at 10:19 pm | Report abuse |
  30. Bone crusha

Religion the original pyramid scheme! Hope you get enough people under you to make it profitable sky.

November 27, 2010 at 10:07 pm | Report abuse |
  31. Bone crusha

"can you feel the love tonight...."

November 27, 2010 at 10:05 pm | Report abuse |
  32. Daniel

I wish everyone all the best

November 27, 2010 at 9:02 pm | Report abuse |
  33. abi.

@ Sky: Thanks Sky. I Agree With You. God Bless You For Standing For The Truth With People Have Been Blinded From. Btw, Its Not Judgment, Its Speaking The Truth With Love. Its The Truth. Dont Mind Them, They Dont Know What They Do. :(

November 27, 2010 at 8:48 pm | Report abuse |
  34. Curt James

DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE I CAN FIND SOME ALL-CAPS BIBLE VERSES??? Because that would be cool. All the best to the soon to be married!

November 27, 2010 at 6:39 pm | Report abuse |
  35. sunless

this is gay's crap!!! try better this http://www.SUPERSONIC.US.COM !!!

November 27, 2010 at 5:17 pm | Report abuse |
  36. HEY

Sky is probably from that crazy church in Kansas

November 27, 2010 at 4:57 pm | Report abuse |
  37. Heathen

Yo, Sky...are we having fun yet???

November 27, 2010 at 4:35 pm | Report abuse |
  38. me

Ok enough with the bible reciting! Not everyone believes in god and that is offensive! And since you seem so closed minded do you just live under a rock with no tv you have internet so it makes no sense why your so closed minded get a life people

November 27, 2010 at 3:36 pm | Report abuse |
  39. GMCinacomment

Maybe his new song will be "William in the Wind..."

November 27, 2010 at 2:27 pm | Report abuse |
  40. rose

All the money and glamour ....how many people are homeless righ now, how many kids don't have presents this Christmas.? Give that money to the homeless and the hungry. That would be a cover story.

November 27, 2010 at 2:10 pm | Report abuse |
    • cheefsfury

GTFO THE ENTERTAINMENTS SECTION IF YOUR GONNA CRY ABOUT DUMB STUFF

November 27, 2010 at 2:56 pm | Report abuse |
  41. rose

Who cares about a "Royal Wedding" when there's hunger and poberty all around us??? Is a resession!!!!!!

November 27, 2010 at 2:04 pm | Report abuse |
    • cheefsfury

POBERTY IS SO BAD MAN I MEAN IT AFFECTS LIKE ZERO PEOPLE ACROSS THE WORLD

November 27, 2010 at 2:55 pm | Report abuse |
  42. Bone crusha

I issue a fatwa on sky!

November 27, 2010 at 2:04 pm | Report abuse |
  43. Glenn Arden

The Sound System was the backup band for Elton John when he played at Tower theater

November 27, 2010 at 11:54 am | Report abuse |
  44. britbrat 46

Personally people need to be happy for william and kate if they want elton to sing at there wedding then let it be no one should down the royals for happyness go elton sing your heart out for the british be happy people for them really dont you think they should be happy

November 27, 2010 at 11:39 am | Report abuse |
  45. cheefsfury

CHEEF 5:15 SAYS SKY IS WORSE TROLL THAN CHEEF FACT

November 27, 2010 at 11:12 am | Report abuse |
  46. cosmo

Corinthians 1:3 says, "SKY is a nut." You can look it up.

November 27, 2010 at 11:07 am | Report abuse |
  47. mejazzbo

I think it is sad to see the royals trying to crash an Elton John appearance for their own frivolous event.

November 27, 2010 at 10:52 am | Report abuse |
  48. burn

Sky, good luck burning in hell. You are perfect timber.

November 27, 2010 at 10:31 am | Report abuse |
  49. SKY

AND THEY BUILT THE HIGH PLACES NAMED TOPHETH IN THE VALLY OF THE SONS
    OF HINNOM, "INORDER TO BURN THEIR CHILDREN IN THE "FIRE", A THING THAT I
    DID NOT COMMAND(GOD SPEAKING) SOMETHING THAT HAS NEVER EVER
    COME UP INTO MY "HEART" – JEREMIAN 7:31

November 27, 2010 at 9:50 am | Report abuse |
  50. SKY

"THE WOLFS WILL LIVE WITH THE LAMBS, AND WITH THE KID THE LEOPARD WILL SLEEP.
    THE CALF AND YOUNG LION WILL BE THERE AND A MERE LITTLE BOY WILL BE
    THE LEADER OVER THEM" ISAIAH 11:6-9 (NO INTERPRETATION NEEDED)

November 27, 2010 at 9:41 am | Report abuse |
  51. burn

Sky – good luck burning in hell. You are perfect timber.

November 27, 2010 at 9:30 am | Report abuse |
  52. Bone crusha

Also does the bible say that the children shall be milked and the goats be blessed or is that a Christian mans interpretation?

November 27, 2010 at 9:14 am | Report abuse |
  53. SKY

CABBAGE: MANY WERE SAYING "HE HAS A DEMON IN HIM AND HE IS MAD"
    WHY LISTEN TO WHAT HE HAS TO SAY? BUT OTHER SAID
    WHAT HE SPEAKS ARE NOT FROM A DEMONIZED MAN
    YOU SEE A DEMON CAN'T OPEN THE EYES OF
    BLIND PEOPLE CAN IT? JOHN 10:20,21

November 27, 2010 at 9:10 am | Report abuse |
  54. Bone crusha

Enough religion, let's get back to the core issue. I hope Elton has enough class to play at the wedding with a mud free helmet! Go bible thumper don't let these sane people silence you!!

November 27, 2010 at 9:06 am | Report abuse |
  55. SKY

FACT: 1 CORINTHIANS 5;11-13 'BUT NOW I WRITE YOU TO QUIT MIXING IN COMPANY WITH
    "ANYONE" CALLED A BROTHER THAT IS A FORNICATOR, ETC., NOT EVEN EATING
    WITH SUCH A MAN...FOR I GOD JUDGE THOSE OUTSIDE(MEANING ANYONE WHO IS
    NOT A CHRISTIAN) "YOU JUDGE THE ONE INSIDE" (MEANING ANYONE WHO CLAIMS
    TO BE A BAPTIZED CHRISTIAN, AND HAS THE BACKING AND BLESSING OF THE CHURCH.

MATTHEW 4:4 (OUR LORD JESUS SAID) "IT IS WRITTEN, MAN JUST LIVE, NOT JUST ON BREAD
    BUT ON EVERY UTTERANCE COMING FORTH THROUTH
    THE LORDS MOUTH.( THE BIBLE)
    2 PETER 2:20-21 (PETER SPEAKING) " NO PROPHECY OF SCRIPTURES (OR WHAT IS WRITTEN IN THE HOLY BIBLE) COMES FROM PRIVATE INTERPRETATION. PROPHECY IS NOT FROM MAN. BUT ALL MEN WHO SPOKE FROM GOD BORN ALONG BY HOLY SPIRT.

November 27, 2010 at 8:56 am | Report abuse |
  56. cabbage

@ sky,

You are a religious lunatic.If you want to worship, go ahead, butt chill out dude.

November 27, 2010 at 8:40 am | Report abuse |
  57. 1111widow

Sky. thanks for quoting from scripture. more people should. lets not forget what the lord did to sodom and gamora.

November 27, 2010 at 8:12 am | Report abuse |
    • caroline

that's if u believe in the fairy tales told in the book called the bible written by man....oh, let's not forget that Santa is real too....

November 27, 2010 at 3:10 pm | Report abuse |
  58. european

I love elton john...i listen to him allllll the time like CRAZY.... Hehe....in fact I am listening now......i know all of his songs but I replay candle in the wind (marilyn monroe) like there is NO TOMORROW.....

November 27, 2010 at 8:08 am | Report abuse |
  59. Rachel

To the previous remark. Are you saying because they lived together is college they HAD to be sleeping together? Did you sleep with all your roommates? Unless you were there you don't know! Being a Christian also means you do not judge! Your comment was judging from the beginning! Sit down and love not hate.

November 27, 2010 at 8:07 am | Report abuse |
    • Julie

They have been sleeping together SINCE college. And have been living together and sharing the same bed since then. They live in the same apartment though I she has her own place. It is just a show, the royals have never been the honest types just go with the show they are putting on. This guy is going to take over the church of England? And his father. ugh.

November 29, 2010 at 10:23 pm | Report abuse |
  60. SKY

FACT: EVERYONE WANTS ME TO GET WITH THE TIMES AND RIDE THE TRAIN.
    WHERE? ON WHAT ROAD?
    MATTHEW 7:13 JESUS SAID GO IN THROUGH THE NARROW GATE BECAUSE BROAD
    AND WIDE IS THE ROAD TO DESTRUCTION AND SO MANY ARE GOING IN THROUGH IT.
    BUT NARROW ROAD TO LIFE AND FEW ARE FINDING IT. I AM ENCOURAGING ALL TO
    PLEASE GET ON THE NARROW ROAD...IT'S NARROW BECAUSE WHEN YOU FOLLOW
    GOD WAY OF DOING THINGS, THERE IS NO ROOM FOR TEACHING OF MEN., MEN WHO
    DELUTE THE BIBLE AND WATER IT DOWN TO FIT THEIR SELFISHNESS.

JOHN THE BAPTIST WAS BEHEADED WHEN HE CALL THE KING OUT FOR HIS ADULTERY.
    NO ONE ELSE HAD THE FAITH TO DO IT...THEY ACCEPTED IT AS OK, LETS FOLLOW THE TIMES.
    TRUE CHRISTIANS TAKE A STAND FOR THE TRUTH. CHRIST REALLY SPOKE THE TRUTH.

THE CHURCH HAVE BEEN SILENT.....MAYBE IF THEY SPEAK UP.....THINGS WOULD BE DIFFERENT.

November 27, 2010 at 6:56 am | Report abuse |
    • Miz Dee

AMEN, honey. ♥ Speak the truth in love. God EXISTS, He sees all, He remembers all. We will be hated and persecuted for Christ's namesake, as we see here and elsewhere in this corrupt world, but He has made a faithful promise to us and we know what they don't...the battle is already won. So let them froth at the mouth because you quoted Scripture...I pray a blessing for you because you did! AMEN AND AMEN!

November 28, 2010 at 10:40 am | Report abuse |
  61. positive paula

Dear 'Sky' I was reading between your lines. Get with the times and ride the future train man! What gives you the right to insinuate that the Church has any obligation to determine for any of us,royal or otherwise,how we live our lives? Whatever is moral to you may be different than another christian person. Despite your narrow minded opinion of Lady Di and Sir Elton,THEY are(always) loved by many!including any God I personally do believe in and I trust that all forms of 'god' respect all humans that deserve it.The ONLY universal Christian belief is to Do unto others as you would have done unto you.Peace Love and Grooviness to anyone that can appreciate the goodness of everyone!

November 27, 2010 at 2:27 am | Report abuse |
  62. Todd

Elton honestly will sing at anybodys wedding! He only charges a small fee to play. He charges $1million to play for a public wedding!

November 27, 2010 at 1:08 am | Report abuse |
  63. SKY

FACT: THOSE IN THE ROYAL WEDDING ARE SLEEPING TOGETHER AS BE SPEAK.
    THEY ARE CHRISTIANS, AND WILL GET MARRIED INTHE HOLY CHURCH
    AND SO WHY NOT LET ELTON JOHN SING AT THE WEDDING.
    THE CHURCH HAS NO MORAL AT ALL.......
    I BLAME THEM FOR ALL THE FORNICATION THAT IS DONE
    NOT ONCE HAS THE CHURCH ENCOURAGES THE ROYAL ONES
    TO LIVE A CHRISTIAN LIFE...LOOK AT THE EXAMPLE OF THEIR
    STEP-MOTHER....NOW THEY WANT US TO PLAY
    HOLY MARRAGE THE GAME AGAIN...NO WAY

November 26, 2010 at 11:44 pm | Report abuse |
  64. Valencia

Elton John is a Legend of all time.... I love him and its Awesome that he will sing @ Royal Wedding....

November 26, 2010 at 11:09 pm | Report abuse |
  65. vase

I think that's it's a beautiful thing! But the most precious part Prince Williams holds his Mother very dear and close to his heart. Diana you'll never be
    forgotten!

November 26, 2010 at 10:16 pm | Report abuse |
  66. FreG

I Love Elton John!!

November 26, 2010 at 9:58 pm | Report abuse |
  67. liza

Don't hate that's awesome.Watever he sings would be great he is a legend.

November 26, 2010 at 9:22 pm | Report abuse |
  68. Earl

My name is Earl. Elton loves beer ..... he loves to drink like a fish.....

November 26, 2010 at 7:27 pm | Report abuse |
  69. raquel garcia

Dats a true friend!!!

November 26, 2010 at 6:45 pm | Report abuse |
  70. Gino D

Elton John is one of the most beautiful song writers/performers ever. Just imagine having him perform at your wedding. Wow!

November 26, 2010 at 6:32 pm | Report abuse |
    • David

pretty sure he did not write most of his songs. Bernie Taupin wrote much of the songs. How much did they collaborate? who knows. I do assume that he wrote the music.

November 27, 2010 at 5:08 pm | Report abuse |
  71. alumette

Great move. Diana would like that. I know she is proud of her boys but...did he sing for Rush ? Elton...you made a faux-pas honey.....what was that? short of cash?

November 26, 2010 at 6:30 pm | Report abuse |
  72. Moriji

Does that mean he's going to record yet another version of "Candle in the Wind"? Please put that lame song to sleep!

November 26, 2010 at 6:17 pm | Report abuse |
    • european

Hahaha...thats what I listen to allllll the time ...everywhere....candle in the wind..marilyn monroe.....but good one...ppl told me the same thing hahah I cant help it....i have lots of marilyn monroe pics in my room and the song is amazing.....lol

November 27, 2010 at 8:04 am | Report abuse |
  73. cheefsfury

THATS MUCH MORE ACCEPTABLE THAN WHEN HE SOLD OUT TO RUSH LIMPBALL

November 26, 2010 at 11:48 am | Report abuse |
    • alumette

yeah, for sure.

November 26, 2010 at 6:31 pm | Report abuse |
    • Patti

ok....no christmas party for the queen's employees???? invite them to the wedding instead so at least they can have their cake and eat it too at a wedding party instead of a christmas party!

November 28, 2010 at 1:34 pm | Report abuse |
    • ST3

How about you look at Sir Elton John as a unifier and not a divider like yourself.

November 28, 2010 at 11:28 pm | Report abuse |