Celebs give thanks (and show off food) via Twitter
November 25th, 2010

Celebs give thanks (and show off food) via Twitter

‘Tis the season for turkey (or, if you're Lady Gaga, Little Monster casserole, as she shows off in the photo above), awkward family gatherings and proclamations of thankfulness. Many celebs took to - where else? - Twitter this Thanksgiving to share what they're grateful for.

Some posts were silly, many were heartfelt and most gave thanks for you - their fans.

Check out our round-up after the jump, and feel free to chime in the comments with a few "thanks" of your own.

Jim Gaffigan: “I’m thankful that we are only mandated to be thankful 1 day a year. Can you imagine being grateful year round?”

Neil Patrick Harris: “What I'm Thankful For, Part 1: David B & the Wonder Twins, Haagen Daz Chocolate Peanut Butter Ice Cream, The Walking Dead on AMC, iAnything”

Justin Bieber: “we all have so much to be #thankful for....Im #thankful for the love of my family friends and of course all of you....”

Justin Bieber: “I could write a whole book saying all that Im #thankful 4...but let me just say that every new day is another blessing. #HappyThanksgiving”

Michael Showalter: “Happy Thanksgiving everybody! What're you thankful for today? I'm thankful for this guy in front of me in the airport wearing a half-shirt.”

Elizabeth Banks: “@mshowalter I'm thankful for you. In my dreams last night, a handsome skinny you brought me a pizza on 6th Ave!”

Demi Moore: “I love Thanksgiving. It reminds us 2pause reflect &express R gratitude. Everyday4 the next year try 2see the glass half full not half empty!”

Alyssa Milano: “♥ I am #thankful for twitter and for all of you. Happy Thanksgiving.”

Nick Cannon: “So much to be thankful for. I have been overwhelmed with blessings I truly believe to who much is given much is required Happy thanksgiving”

Jim Carrey: “I'm thankful 4 the love of my Family and 2 the Native Americans who invited us 4 dinner and let us take their stuff! Happy Spanksgivin! ;^•”

Nina Dobrev: “HAPPY THANKSGIVING! Turkey! I am thankful for each and every one of you, my health, happiness, good fortune, karma, family, friends – love”

Kim Kardashian: “Happy Thanksgiving! I am so thankful for all of you!”

Apolo Anton Ohno: “morning! Happy Thanksgiving! I'm so thankful 2 have an amazing father who has always guided me in the positive direction. Love u ALL! #FB”

Chelsea Handler: “Its thanksgiving, and I am thankful for my dog, my boobies, and my life. Happy thanksgiving to you and your boobies.”

Andy Cohen: “I am #thankful for my health, family, friends, country-and to have so much fun every day! How about you? #happythanksgiving”

Rachel Zoe: “Happy Thanksgiving! Wishing everyone a happy, healthy and of course glamorous day..so much to be thankful for today : ) xoRZ”

Lady Gaga: “I'm so thankful for the blessing of my fans. My family+I are thankful for u. For those lonely today, we set an extra place at our table. <3”

Russell Brand: “On behalf of the Queen I accept the thanks of all Americans. Now if you can just curb the silly accent we can start again.”

What are you thankful for this Thanksgiving?

Filed under: Celebrities

1. The MUSIC Girl

I am mostly thankful 4 the people who risk their lives 4 us.Even God. Even God. : -)

November 29, 2010 at 12:17 am | Report abuse |
  2. The BEP Girl

I am mostly thankful 4 the people who risk their lives 4 us.Even God. Even God.

November 29, 2010 at 12:17 am | Report abuse |
  3. MadCityBabe

.....I'm thankful I didnt run out of Grey Goose!

November 27, 2010 at 8:19 pm | Report abuse |
  4. catherine justiniano

I AM 1 DAY LATE...BUT STILL AM THANKFUL 4 A GREAT BOYFRIEND WHO DEALS WITH ME N MY 4 CHILDREN WHEN MY EX DOES NOT.....2 MY FAMILY N KNOWING THAT GOD IS GOOD!!

November 26, 2010 at 7:25 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Holly Golightly

I am thankful to God for my family, and for CNN for giving me stuff to read! :)

November 26, 2010 at 12:47 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Celebs911

an other Real Housewife made our 911 list and this time is Sojna Morgan from the NYC bunch. Her financial troubles and future predictions for that matter. A new love interest for Sonja? read on.

November 26, 2010 at 9:54 am | Report abuse |
  7. bua

you guys should thankful that this criminal none of them happen in your family and thankful for you not the frist one that they uesd every techology and then make you sick and after that making you being a stupid sick and sad jokker to entertain people all over the world you should thank that none of this happen to you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

November 26, 2010 at 5:30 am | Report abuse |
  8. Melissa Drummer

I am blessed to have my family to share my Thanksgiving with i also am thankful to beable have what i do in life so many people didnt have food or the family to share it with god bless them and hope they find a warm safe place to be .

November 26, 2010 at 4:30 am | Report abuse |
  9. Bonnie

I am so thankful for my wonderful husband. For all the trials we have been through that made our marriage wonderful. Im thankful for my job and an awsome boss! Most of all, im thankful for the family who adopted me when i was only 6 years old. I am goin to be 31 in 2 months and they did a great job teaching me self respect. I love you momma and dad and my hubby joe brownlee

November 26, 2010 at 2:53 am | Report abuse |
  10. erin

I'm thankful I live in a country that gives us the right to praise Jesus, Mother Earth, and be thankful for Satanism all on the same page without fear of recrimination.

November 26, 2010 at 2:40 am | Report abuse |
  11. Danielle

I am thankful for another day to live ans be healthy. I am thankful for family and friends and that I am blessed to have a GOOD job in these tough times. I thank God I am fortunate enough to work/interact/live with Soldiers who defend this great Country, and I am SO thankful to live in the BEST nation in the world!

November 26, 2010 at 1:47 am | Report abuse |
  12. tiredmama

I am thankful to have my 10 month old son finally home from the hospital after a month! a grand total of 7 surgeries and our baby can finally be normal! praising God today for keeping his hand on our whole family especially through this time.

November 26, 2010 at 1:17 am | Report abuse |
  13. pasredvixen

I'm thankful for people who don't shove their believes down my throat. I'm thankful for Mother Earth, without whom none would exist. I am thankful that i have love in my life and for my family and friends.

November 26, 2010 at 1:14 am | Report abuse |
  14. Big Buck

We all need too be thankful!! Why because JESUS CHRIST IS GOD!!!! And anybody that donot LIVE FOR HIM WILL GO TOO HELL!!!! P.S OBEY HIS LAWS!!!!

November 26, 2010 at 12:28 am | Report abuse |
  15. erica

Im thankful god has blessed me with my life and all who are in it. though long and seemingly impossible at times i have my friends, family, and husband to be thankful for not just today, but all year long. thank u god

November 25, 2010 at 11:59 pm | Report abuse |
  16. V Saxena

Wow! I'm thankful to have just read some really positive and awesome comments, which was the opposite of what I expected!

November 25, 2010 at 11:50 pm | Report abuse |
  17. jessica

Im thankfull for so much... most of all my three boys ....my soon to be husband.... and haveing a warm bed cuse its 11:33pm and its cold in ny lol happy turkey day everyone....

November 25, 2010 at 11:34 pm | Report abuse |
  18. anne

I'm thankful for the health n strength god has given me n my family, also my friends n everyone out there who live to c another thanksgiving. HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL N TO ALL A GOODNITE. Peace n love

November 25, 2010 at 11:13 pm | Report abuse |
  19. lesa

Im thankful fo god and my kids and a peace of mind

November 25, 2010 at 10:59 pm | Report abuse |
  20. Shareen

I am grateful 4 everything in my life. God, 2 great kids, wonderful husband and terrific family and friends.

November 25, 2010 at 10:31 pm | Report abuse |
  21. Joanne Rios

I'm thankful for every breathe god allows my family and I to take also thankful for everything We have and everything we don't have.

November 25, 2010 at 9:56 pm | Report abuse |
  22. Querhea

I'm thankful for god,my family, and friends and i am just glad that i have this important stuff in my life.

November 25, 2010 at 8:57 pm | Report abuse |
  23. Thaddeus

I'm thankful that a bunch of puritanical zealots traversed the Atlantic & committed genocide to get me two paid days off from work.

November 25, 2010 at 8:43 pm | Report abuse |
  24. Jen

Thankful for Jesus dying for your sins?really? Were gonna start with that crap? Ugh.ok. well in that case,I'm grateful for Satanism. Hahahahaa!

November 25, 2010 at 8:42 pm | Report abuse |
    • Tami

WOW... didnt realize that this was about nitpicking what people are thankful for.. They didnt ask YOU to be thankful for GOD, did they?

November 26, 2010 at 9:09 am | Report abuse |
    • J5150

Totally agree(except, I don't do satanism stuff). I'm sick of this BS of people thanking a fairy tale character. I'm thankful for my parents raising me in a great household where I always have food, love, shelter, educational support, and encouragement to do what I wanted. God didn't give me any of that. He's just a false beacon of hope and happiness. If you have that poor of self-esteem and confidence that you have to believe in a book written at a time when people thought the world was flat, then that is a pretty lame life. I'm sure God was looking out for the homeless guy who's just barely getting food on Thanksgiving!

November 26, 2010 at 9:52 am | Report abuse |
    • Taylor

Your stupid and need to keep the crap talk to yourself.. And yes it says GOD!(:

November 26, 2010 at 10:35 am | Report abuse |
  25. byanka

I am thankful for my family and friends. And also for living to see this day, because it only comes one time a year, so am very grateful for this special day. Happy thanksgiving to u all

November 25, 2010 at 8:38 pm | Report abuse |
  26. KB

I am thankful for CNN.com for giving me a well deserved distraction from my dysfunctional family.

November 25, 2010 at 8:38 pm | Report abuse |
  27. Durrango

I'm thankful for life and be able to see another day

November 25, 2010 at 8:15 pm | Report abuse |
  28. Norma Brown

I am truly thankful for my family and friends, also for our Military, without them we would have no freedoms and country to be thankful for.God Bless the USA and all her people.

November 25, 2010 at 7:51 pm | Report abuse |
  29. caro

I am thankful for everyday of my life. i dont take life fo granted.

November 25, 2010 at 7:37 pm | Report abuse |
  30. Charmed

U am thankful for, all the storms that have come, they have allowed me to become the women that is grateful for life, the good,bad,and ugly.In other words thank you Father!!!

November 25, 2010 at 7:27 pm | Report abuse |
  31. sqarahejenkins

i m thankful to GOD for my life most of all...i m thankful for my mom and chilldren and wife...i m thankful i have GOD in my life...and thankful for my job....

November 25, 2010 at 7:15 pm | Report abuse |
  32. Everett Simmons

I am thankful because my mom and dad raise me to become a good man and god is helping me with that.

November 25, 2010 at 7:08 pm | Report abuse |
  33. Everett Simmons

I am thankful because my mom and dad raise me to become a good man and god is helping with that.

November 25, 2010 at 7:08 pm | Report abuse |
  34. AJ

I am a young widow and thank him for giving us two beautiful kids to cherish and watch them growing, growing and growing! I am so thankful to have God in my life, my kids' lives, our blessing home and sense of humors!!!

November 25, 2010 at 7:08 pm | Report abuse |
  35. kuuipo

I am thankful for family & sobriety!

November 25, 2010 at 7:02 pm | Report abuse |
  36. kuuipo

I am thankful for family and sobriety!

November 25, 2010 at 7:01 pm | Report abuse |
  37. Kassoum

Im thankful for everything in my life right now. Thanks god for giving me such a blessing family. One love

November 25, 2010 at 6:56 pm | Report abuse |
  38. Willie Young II

I'm thankful that my Lord & Savior JESUS CHRIST died for my sins and continues to bless me beyond measure everyday of my life.

November 25, 2010 at 6:23 pm | Report abuse |
  39. netta

Im thankful for soooooo much that i dnt even know what to write first...im thankful for the fact that im breathin right now...im thankful that i have family to spend my thanksgiving with....im thankful that im working and still have a job during this recession...im thankful for every little aspect of my life whether its good or bad!!!!

November 25, 2010 at 5:41 pm | Report abuse |
  40. patti

I am grateful to live in a country where we can express our views and feelings openly. And have friends who love us unconditionally.

November 25, 2010 at 5:41 pm | Report abuse |
  41. Bonnie

I am greatful for my family

November 25, 2010 at 5:14 pm | Report abuse |
  42. Suzanne

I thankful to live in such a great country, having a great family,having a great life, and I'm most thankful for God who has blessed us with this day.

November 25, 2010 at 5:12 pm | Report abuse |
  43. JC

I am thankful for my health and my family's health. Without that, nothing else really matters. So this Holiday season, just enjoy the company of your family and friends, not the things they get you.

November 25, 2010 at 4:29 pm | Report abuse |
  44. Liz Olmos

Am thankful to God for giving us life everyday! Also for have wonderful parents, for my children and family.

November 25, 2010 at 4:17 pm | Report abuse |