Motherhood for Rihanna 'could be a year from now'
November 24th, 2010

Motherhood for Rihanna 'could be a year from now'

She makes hit records and is about to star in her first feature film, "Battleship," but Rihanna's open to taking on another project: motherhood.

"It could be a year from now. It could be 10 years from now. Whenever is right," Rihanna, who is dating L.A. Dodgers star Matt Kemp, tells the December issue of Interview. "I mean, I have a lot of other stuff to accomplish before I get to kids. Whenever the time is right, I'll just know."

Though the 22-year-old singer doesn't have a time frame set just yet, she definitely has ideas about what motherhood will be like. For starters, she thinks having a boy would be easier.

"If I had a girl, she'd probably be really rebellious. She would be like a bundle of karma," says Rihanna, adding that she would love to raise her children in her native Barbados but realizes that her career would make that nearly impossible.

"I can't live that far away from everything now, without kids," she explains. "So I certainly couldn't raise kids and [have a career] with the demanding schedule that I have."

Post by:
Filed under: Celebrities • Rihanna

1. Sarah

What a whack job

November 25, 2010 at 10:16 am | Report abuse |
  2. Querhea

I think it is very sweet for her to be thinking about it and i think if she has a child the media will be all over her so for me it is a 50 / 50 chance, so please don't get angry with me ppl.

November 25, 2010 at 2:37 am | Report abuse |
  3. portalpunk

portalpunk doesnt think she needs to get married to have kids and wishes her well

November 24, 2010 at 5:11 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Cassandra

She never said she's going to have kids next year, she basically just said it'll happen when it happens. It's funny how gossip spreads. She's young, and she'll be a good mom when the time comes, but it doesnt seem like she's in a rush

November 24, 2010 at 3:36 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Jen

I'm sure she'll make a wonderful mom some day...hopefully when she's married!!!

November 24, 2010 at 3:27 pm | Report abuse |
  6. WLM

She is so young.. She has time, she should enjoy her time so when she is ready for children, she will focus on them instead of focusing staying in the lime light

November 24, 2010 at 3:04 pm | Report abuse |
  7. celebs911

kids are a blessing, no matter what:) She will be a wonderful mother. Meanwhile our post on Kelly Preston and John Travola as they welcome son Benjamin: http://babycelebs411.com/2010/11/24/john-travolta-and-wife-kelly-preston-welcome-son-benjamin/. Our latest celebrity predictions on celebs911 page, lovely article on Rihanna as well.

November 24, 2010 at 2:56 pm | Report abuse |