Janet Jackson headed on her largest world tour
November 24th, 2010

Janet Jackson headed on her largest world tour

Janet Jackson has big plans for the new year: The singer is set to launch her largest-ever world tour, performing 35 of her number one hits in 35 cities.

The songs will consist entirely of chart-toppers from Jackson's "Number Ones" CD and the concert venues are expected to be more intimate than those of past tours.

While the 44-year-old superstar has taken control of those small details, she is asking fans to get in on the escapade by visiting janetjackson.com and suggesting the cities in which she should perform. The first fan she hears from in each selected city gets an autographed copy of "Number Ones" and Jackson's upcoming self-help/self-esteem book "True You," which is out February 8.

In addition, the "For Colored Girls" star will also dedicate one of her number one songs to that city and recognize 20 young people whose lives and work have enriched the community.

Post by:
Filed under: Celebrities • Janet Jackson • Music

1. buy a watch

I discovered your blog website on google and examine a number of of your early posts. Proceed to maintain up the superb operate. I just extra up your RSS feed to my MSN News Reader. In search of forward to reading extra from you afterward!…

October 30, 2012 at 6:23 pm | Report abuse |
  2. telanganaporatam

Dear All

Are you from telangana? Login to http://www.telanganaporatam.com This website is to list the happenings with Telangana
    get updates about telangana movement with good articles and galleries

visit http://www.telanganaporatam.com

Regards
    telanganaporatam.com

January 17, 2011 at 4:00 am | Report abuse |
  3. Phxsoulchild

Janet continues to be relevant throughout the years. A true artist has the ability to shape ones career and evolve. No one has done it better Janet. As a child actor, she was adorable. As a teenager, she was infectious. As a young woman, she was mind blowing. As a mature woman, she is illuminating and vibrant. I enjoy everything you do and I am honored to have an individual such as yourself to look up to. Keep it real and never let anyone question your dignity. Please come to Phoenix, Arizona.

November 27, 2010 at 3:14 pm | Report abuse |
  4. VegasRage

I hope she has more malfunctioning clothing, hoo haa!

November 25, 2010 at 2:43 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Bubbles da Chimp

Amazing what a girdle and some makeup can do
    I read she gained like 800 pounds.....

November 25, 2010 at 2:42 pm | Report abuse |
  6. cynicalme

Does she have any "wardrobe malfuntions" scheduled? The entire family is a circus act.

November 25, 2010 at 2:40 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Rockwell

Jante, what have you done for me lately ?

November 25, 2010 at 2:36 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Justin Timberwolf

Can we have another wardrobe malfunction please ?

November 25, 2010 at 2:30 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Avon Barksdale

CNN ya'll some haters.

November 25, 2010 at 1:26 pm | Report abuse |
  10. mario

Janet who?

November 25, 2010 at 12:07 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Scott

If she's not performing anything from "Janet Jackson" (1982) or "Dream Street", who cares?

November 25, 2010 at 11:49 am | Report abuse |
  12. huxley

give it up . the jacksons are has beens now that the can't stand in their brothers light . never cared for mike but will acknowledge his awesome talant. last concert tour janet did ,she couldn,t even finish.she sings like that other nontalanted dipstick spears. and dress like shes going to war. what a waste of skin.as far as 35 hits , Bulls**t to that claim.

November 25, 2010 at 11:09 am | Report abuse |
    • ML

Whether you buy it or not isn't the point. She's had 35 number 1 hits in different charts... it's not a matter of opinion, it's fact. You can look it up!

November 25, 2010 at 11:39 am | Report abuse |
  13. Sarah

"Jante" Jackson?

More fine work from your crack staff in India CNN, way to go.

November 25, 2010 at 10:25 am | Report abuse |
  14. C Moore

I think Janet should be left to do what janet wants to do i have loved her music .I had the chance to see her in buffalo(VELVET ROPE TOUR) awesome at least her music has meaning not like the crap they play on the airways now.thanx DJJ

November 25, 2010 at 10:13 am | Report abuse |
  15. karla

Janet is proof that everyone can, and never ever give up. Family that we all hear so much about. She is Janet Jackson alone without letting talk make her.

November 25, 2010 at 9:58 am | Report abuse |
  16. Stan Tonsch

The tour dates are already confirmed. I love the crap in her press release where she wants fans to suggest where she should perform. Get real!

November 25, 2010 at 8:41 am | Report abuse |
  17. Lidz

She needs to stay off the stage. Her sound is dated.

November 25, 2010 at 7:52 am | Report abuse |
  18. Junior Tristano

I love Tom Bosley.

November 25, 2010 at 7:28 am | Report abuse |
  19. *Miss Jackson If Your Nasty*

Honey yall can not be serious, shes the leader of our "Rhythmic Nation", Miss Janet is a star in her own right, shes paid her dues, if you ask me these new girls have a long way to go to even measure up!!!!

November 25, 2010 at 7:10 am | Report abuse |
  20. Avon Barksdale

At least I caught my mistake 8 minutes later. It took CNN over 3 HOURS to change JANTE to JANET!

November 25, 2010 at 6:45 am | Report abuse |
  21. Avon Barksdale

Sorry, I meant to spell it like S-P-E-E-C-H. I'm starting to spell like I work for CNN!

November 25, 2010 at 6:39 am | Report abuse |
    • Kyla

ha – hey, I made a couple errors in my annoyed comment, too ... although like you (and not like CNN staff members) I am not getting paid here for my writing ability. That said, I also confess to being a bit petty in my posting yesterday, although I do think it's reasonable to expect decent journalism from a news source. And, on to the applicable topic, I hope all Janet Jackson fans have an awesome time at her shows!

November 25, 2010 at 8:27 pm | Report abuse |
  22. Avon Barksdale

To Kyla and cyndi: CNN deleted at least 7 comments about the name change. It makes them look bad so they took a few of them out. They kept the rest up to prove they are for free speach.

November 25, 2010 at 6:31 am | Report abuse |
  23. Tyler

MS. Jackson: Please visit Honolulu again. Years ago I brought my oldest daughter to see you and we still talk about how great you are. I would love the opportunity to bring my youngest to see you during this tour. Good luck, not that you ever need it!

November 25, 2010 at 5:21 am | Report abuse |
  24. MS RUBY

Good Morning Janet Jackson I hope you pick Detroit Michigan as one of your cities to tour as your family know we LOVE your brother Michael and.I hope that I am the first from Detroit to suggest you come here.

November 25, 2010 at 5:01 am | Report abuse |
  25. Will Ferrell

SHOW US YOUR BOOBIES!!!!

November 25, 2010 at 4:33 am | Report abuse |
  26. Johnny T

Janet your in the limelight it's your time ! Living Off The Wall in North Hollywood.

November 25, 2010 at 4:17 am | Report abuse |
  27. luvmusic

Check out this music, soooo gooood!!! all these rappers are fake or on drugs but this dude has so much skill, definitely a throw back reverbnation.com/tdatrufe facebook.com/pages/T-Da-TruFE/270255225211

November 25, 2010 at 4:13 am | Report abuse |
  28. Querhea

I love you Janet Jackson and please come to Dallas,TX it's always been a dream of mine to see you live in person. I really miss Micheal Jackson and I listen to his music all the time on Youtube. Love you!!!!!! R.I.P. MJ!!!

November 25, 2010 at 2:28 am | Report abuse |
  29. cyndi

deleted comment-*First name's Janet....Jante if you're nasty*. Can anyone tell me why that was deleted???

November 25, 2010 at 2:04 am | Report abuse |
  30. arshad

Hi Janet. i love your style, your voice. Pls. Come to INDIA. I promice you big deal in India with popularity of your never other side of world.

November 25, 2010 at 1:59 am | Report abuse |
  31. THE QUEEN MD.

MAY U & UR FAMILY, HAVE A VERY BLESSED THANKSGIVING! I MISS MICHEAL JACKSON, SO MUCH! I HAVE A LOT MJ'S MUSIC & HAVE A PARTY IN HIS HONOR, EVERY YEAR THAT I'M BLESSED 2 SEE! MUCH LOVE, CARE, & CONCERN 2 THE ENTIRE JACKSON FAMILY, BESIDES JOE'S ROTTEN ASS!

November 25, 2010 at 1:47 am | Report abuse |
  32. jboyaz

Really...all u can do is slag Miss Janet and all she wants is to bring her music universal?? Get a life.. just be happy she is moving her catalouge across the globe!! Love your work Miss Janet!! Phoenix awaits!!!!!!!! 2011

November 25, 2010 at 1:44 am | Report abuse |
  33. V.G

JANET COME TO L.A BABY GIRL!!!!

November 25, 2010 at 1:40 am | Report abuse |
  34. THE QUEEN MD.

JANET U GO GIRL & DO U, 4 REAL! I HOPE U WILL, COME 2 BALTO,MD. SO, ME & MY SISTER CAN GET OUR PARTY ON, MS. JACKSON! MAY GOD BLESS U!

November 25, 2010 at 1:37 am | Report abuse |
  35. VERONICA

I LOVEEEEEEEE YOUUUUUU JANET<3 MUCH LUV AND RESPECT TO U AND UR FAMILY R.I.P MICHAEL JACKSON<3

November 25, 2010 at 1:33 am | Report abuse |
  36. lady blu

O.M.G :) WISH U THE BEST AND BE SAFE ON THE ROAD HUN....

November 25, 2010 at 12:48 am | Report abuse |
  37. future

Ppl are yu serious! Get real I mean who kares about tha mispelled word... We all know who it is lol... I don't kare how many top musik ms jackson had... She's bom nd she's doin her thang! Love yu ms jackson *salute*

November 25, 2010 at 12:28 am | Report abuse |
  38. Kyla

CNN deleting comments about their shodding spelling/editing/content just compounds their shoddiness, especially because the at least some of the comments in question were completely benign (I can't speak for all of them as it's not as though I took notes on them but nothing jumped out at me as being inappropriate). The issue here is that CNN represents itself as THE legitimate news source but their quality is sinking... FAST...

November 25, 2010 at 12:15 am | Report abuse |
  39. Hope

@LOVEBUG Janet Jackson is a Black SUPERSTAR OF OUR GENERATION. To us she is one of the hottest ever!

November 24, 2010 at 11:59 pm | Report abuse |
  40. louis

you go girl

November 24, 2010 at 11:39 pm | Report abuse |
  41. jorge martinez

U r the most biutifull black human I has see, my dream , aways be to meet u in personal &,tall u how biutifull Ur !!! God bless U!!

November 24, 2010 at 11:34 pm | Report abuse |
  42. lspillman

Come on CNN with all due respect to Ms.Janet Jackson she is worthy to have her name spelled correctly. Janet PLEASE!!! Come to Seattle. I love you... Leora

November 24, 2010 at 11:33 pm | Report abuse |
  43. barbara

hell ya! all these fake celeb chicks are scared now. michael and janet dominated music! there is no better female or male. b is a close one though to janet. but j owns any stage she graces just like her big brother did. i know she still has it. janet is about to kick some wanna b ass. go j!

November 24, 2010 at 11:33 pm | Report abuse |
  44. Avon Barksdale

CNN ya'll keep deleting comments. Everybody knows your weekend crew is working but im gone tell on ya'll on Monday.

November 24, 2010 at 11:31 pm | Report abuse |
  45. Amanda

I'm glad to hear that Ms. Jackson is touring again. I hope she comes back to my city.

November 24, 2010 at 10:52 pm | Report abuse |
  46. Berries

Come to DALLAS, TX Ms Jackson!!!!!!

November 24, 2010 at 10:47 pm | Report abuse |
  47. Berries

I love Janet Jackson. She's a legend in her own right. She paved the way for others to follow the same entertainment genre. Example: Britney Spears. Christina Aguilera, Rihanna, Jennifer Lopez. None of them would be here to copycat if it were not for Ms Jackson. And yes, even though she doesn't have the strongest singing voice, Janet has more talent than those I just named. Rhythm Nation was THE BEST tour. Rock on, Sis.

November 24, 2010 at 10:41 pm | Report abuse |
  48. tracie

I love your music Janet andb can't wait to catch one of your shows:)

November 24, 2010 at 10:00 pm | Report abuse |
  49. sharon

come to Oxford,ms that would be great

November 24, 2010 at 9:59 pm | Report abuse |
  50. HugsNotDrugs

I seem to remember reading an article on CNN where ms. Jackson says she never wanted to become a singer and she much preferred to be an actress. And now she announces a major tour??? Does anyone else remember this? Maybe I'm going crazy.

November 24, 2010 at 9:58 pm | Report abuse |
  51. Chris

Yes I'm so happy I will be even more happy if she picked me as one of the people. I hope she comes to Dallas Fort Worth, TX. Im Ready to get my ticket

November 24, 2010 at 9:54 pm | Report abuse |
  52. Avon Barksdale

CNN YA'LL TRIPPIN! You deleted about 10 comments people put (including 2 of mine) on here about the name misspelling and none of those comments had curse words! THAT'S SAD. AND CNN SUPPOSEDLY IS THE BEST. (1 single tear is rolling down my face).

November 24, 2010 at 9:13 pm | Report abuse |
  53. blueboy

Who would pay to see someone lip sing???? Not me!!!!

November 24, 2010 at 9:05 pm | Report abuse |
  54. randy mcrae

Go janet

November 24, 2010 at 8:57 pm | Report abuse |
  55. Name*rastavibz

Big up Janet you are an inspiration to all black-and-white women ,and I wish you more world fame....rastafari bless........

November 24, 2010 at 8:18 pm | Report abuse |
  56. Name*Tony

I love that.

November 24, 2010 at 8:11 pm | Report abuse |
  57. Name (required)

haha people care more about the misspelled name than her concert. smh! i thot Jante was a lost sister lol

November 24, 2010 at 7:46 pm | Report abuse |
  58. suzi starz n peace

Thats miguel jacksons latina sister. RIP michael. Blessings and love to ur children. I'm here Wishing and working for world peace soon :)

November 24, 2010 at 7:25 pm | Report abuse |
  59. Avon Barksdale

BY THE WAY, I'M ON MY PHONE. CAN SOMEBODY GO TO JANET'S SITE AND ASK HER TO PLEASE COME TO ATLANA,GA?! I'M SURE SOMEBODY ALREADY HAS BUT SINCE IT'S A WORLD-WIDE TOUR I WANTED TO MAKE SURE WE ON THEIR FOR AMERICA.

November 24, 2010 at 6:53 pm | Report abuse |
  60. betteru

Which way is she looking? She's looking like Marty Feldman these days with that wandering eye. Either way, she's hot and I'd tap that in a second!

November 24, 2010 at 6:51 pm | Report abuse |
  61. Reg Welch

What a blessing!!! It is not everyday that something like this happen. This is very exciting news for all super music fans and lovers of the Jackson family as well. I know this will be an event to remember. Great news!!

November 24, 2010 at 6:37 pm | Report abuse |
  62. mary

Janet stepping up to the plate.. representing all the strong black women. you go girl! for all the haters keep hatin...

November 24, 2010 at 6:36 pm | Report abuse |
  63. Siggy86

Janet has had 35 number 1 songs in total, there not just talking about the hot 100 chart. But a number 1 is a number 1, love you Janet!

November 24, 2010 at 6:35 pm | Report abuse |
    • betteru

Umm. No she doesn't. No one has that many number one songs. Not Elvis. Not the Beatles. Not Mariah.

November 24, 2010 at 6:50 pm | Report abuse |
    • ML

@betteru
      Yes she does, they're not just counting the billboard hot 100! It isn't the only chart that matters.

November 25, 2010 at 10:12 am | Report abuse |
  64. hattie murray

i would love to come and here janet trout i would like to said this to your and your famliy i neve meet michael better when i was a little girl i througth he was my boyfreind and i want to think your mother and father for have all the jackson childern and one very speacl one if all was michael god gave him to your mother father and thery cher him with us and god made him a very spcael child that the who world get to known and love and for that i will alway be in my heart under tell the day i dead he like a famliy member if my only but never get to known but did get to love in all the things he doing in this world when i leave this world i hope to see him agains with my mother and father that is dead to

November 24, 2010 at 6:33 pm | Report abuse |
    • betteru

What the???? Please. If you cannot write proper English, then don't bother. If you are an English-speaking person, then you need to go back to second grade. Geez!

November 24, 2010 at 6:48 pm | Report abuse |
    • LearnToSpellAndThink

This is either an excerpt from Sarah's new book or it was simply your brain malfunctioning... Either way, I don't recall reading recently anything as remotely senseless as this. Way to go.

November 24, 2010 at 10:48 pm | Report abuse |
    • barbara

sweet message, but i hope you are like under age 8 right? or maybe you don't speak english well yet? something...

November 24, 2010 at 11:36 pm | Report abuse |
  65. dlm

Martin must be an Intern. I guess one of the question on the job app should be, Can you spell?

November 24, 2010 at 6:30 pm | Report abuse |
  66. Bernadette Harris

I Love Janet Jackson Shes the Best

November 24, 2010 at 6:22 pm | Report abuse |
  67. dlm

Is Jante Jackson related to Janet Jackson?

November 24, 2010 at 6:19 pm | Report abuse |
  68. Michael

Jante? CNN, please do us all a favor and take a spelling book and apply blunt force trauma to your head.

November 24, 2010 at 6:11 pm | Report abuse |
  69. Jenn

Jante is Janet's evil twin.

November 24, 2010 at 6:10 pm | Report abuse |
  70. Avon Barksdale

CNN would never mispell Lady Gaga's or Lindsay Hohan's name but they mess up a LEGEND'S NAME. Pathetic. Marino your an idiot.

November 24, 2010 at 6:10 pm | Report abuse |
  71. C.J.

Jante Jackson? I've never heard of her at all, CNN. Lolololol, someone's got to do better.

November 24, 2010 at 6:06 pm | Report abuse |
  72. pearl sinanian

It seems to me that people have done everything possible to ruin the Palin's isn't it time to find someone to make their lives misserable? Leave them alone it isn't funny anymore.

November 24, 2010 at 5:52 pm | Report abuse |
    • Barnacle Bill

You're obviously exceptionally stupid, so I'll type this real slow for you:

No one is making the Palins miserable. They are using their faux maverick-ness to sell bags of fecal matter to brain-dead imbeciles, like you.

November 25, 2010 at 3:45 pm | Report abuse |
  73. mememe

Where's the typo?? Am I missing it or did they fix it??

November 24, 2010 at 5:35 pm | Report abuse |
  74. Quintana Smith

I feel the same way who is Jante Jackson? CNN come on with the typo!!!!

November 24, 2010 at 5:23 pm | Report abuse |
  75. Tim

"35 of her number one hits..." ?? NOBODY has 35 number one hits! The Beatles have the most with 20, followed by Elvis and Mariah Carey both at 17.

November 24, 2010 at 5:16 pm | Report abuse |
    • Unknown

Dont hate because janet does have 35 hits that my girl just becuz she did better than mariah and elvis and the beatles dont hate she is an excellent artist the QUEEN OF POP

November 24, 2010 at 6:11 pm | Report abuse |
    • nmmshores

tim,, if you look at all the charts over 35 of her singles have hit number one on various genres,,

November 25, 2010 at 7:26 am | Report abuse |
    • ML

She has 35 number 1 hits on different charts. The Billboard hot 100 isn't the only chart that they're counting.

November 25, 2010 at 10:10 am | Report abuse |
    • chicagomk

Janet has hit #1 on the pop, r&b, dance, adult contemporary and rap charts.... and them all up and you get 35 :-)

November 25, 2010 at 12:25 pm | Report abuse |
    • MK

They are not number one hits on the Billboard Hot 100 only, but number ones on all American charts, including Hip-hop/R&B, Adult Contemporary, Dance Club etc.

December 14, 2010 at 9:29 pm | Report abuse |
  76. portalpunk

portalpunk loves to watch ms jackson shack her booty

November 24, 2010 at 5:10 pm | Report abuse |
  77. Lovebug

Who in the heck is Jante Jackson. Come on CNN.

November 24, 2010 at 4:52 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jante?

Yeah that's what I was thinking

November 24, 2010 at 5:03 pm | Report abuse |
    • Angie

I'm sure you've heard of Janet Jackson? Pop Legend/Queen? The only artist ever to be nominated in Pop, Rock,Rap,Adult Contemporary? Only Artstist to have 18 consecutive hits?Movie Star?
      You've heard of her!

November 26, 2010 at 1:16 pm | Report abuse |
  78. sonylegend

RIP Michael Jackson..... The Jackson Family name lives on through you and your talented family.
    http://WWW.SONYLEGEND.COM Michael Jackson was going to expose the New World Order and the illuminati and was taken from us.... ONE LOVE

SL