Sheryl Crow auctioning off her home online
November 23rd, 2010

Sheryl Crow auctioning off her home online

If you’ve got the dough to bid on Sheryl Crow’s 10,264 square feet College Grove, Tennessee, home, there’s only a few hours left to name your price.

The singer is selling her home, dubbed Cross Creek Farm, via an online auction that also features numerous photos and videos of Crow’s five bedroom, seven and a half bath house, which is set on a 150 acre estate.

The property, which is “a fully functional ‘Solar Farm,’” according to the website, also features a six-car garage, a 14 stall barn, indoor riding arena, private nanny quarters and a three bedroom, two bath guest house.

The current bid is close to $1.2 million, and the auction will close at 6 p.m. CST today.

Filed under: Celebrities • Music

1. backlink

extremely few internet sites that come about to turn out to be comprehensive below, from our point of view are undoubtedly nicely really worth checking out backlink http://fiverr.com/twnseobacklink

April 25, 2013 at 12:35 am | Report abuse |
  2. Benny Grove

Amazing article. I am going to take a good amout of time to ponder the job.

December 1, 2010 at 6:56 am | Report abuse |
  3. karla

She has earned the right to be confident, there is such a sweetness in Sheryl Crow, I think.

November 25, 2010 at 10:18 am | Report abuse |
  4. karla

November 25, 2010 at 10:17 am | Report abuse |
  5. Lynne

Sheryl Crowe is a very talented, hard working musician. Sounds like there are a lot of people jealous of her achievements.

November 24, 2010 at 3:40 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Cavemanstyle

Hint Hint.... NOT a good time to be selling. I'd withdrawl it from sale if I were you.

November 24, 2010 at 9:10 am | Report abuse |
  7. mambo

So far that comes to 7833.33 an acre, not including the house, barn, etc. We have farm ground selling for approx. 7,000 an acre where I live and that is just the ground...no house, barn, etc. I don't think she will sell at that price and if it does...take it and run.

November 24, 2010 at 9:10 am | Report abuse |
  8. John R.

Tennesse is beautiful, I wish they showed the scenery around the house. It's Jack Daniels and guitar country, for sure!

November 24, 2010 at 8:56 am | Report abuse |
  9. Mok

Termites

November 24, 2010 at 8:14 am | Report abuse |
  10. Steve St Louis

I heard that Elvis put a bid in!

November 24, 2010 at 7:17 am | Report abuse |
  11. billy

My uncle owns a 8000 acre farm and let me tell u he is FAR from poor. I own a 85 acre from and are far from poor. Granted farming is hard work and farmers normally don't make what they desevre but most farmers its not all about the money. Its something you grew up doing and its something you love. To that person who said farmers are poor I would like to know what you do? So don't talk about things u obviously know nothing about

November 24, 2010 at 6:40 am | Report abuse |
  12. trixen

1.2 million??? Wow. There are houses within 5 miles of me that cost more than that and aren't nearly as lavish. That does sound like a steal.

November 24, 2010 at 6:18 am | Report abuse |
  13. ME

Solar farm? Who builds a 10,000 square foot monstrosity and tries to pretend it is ever ecologically friendly?

November 24, 2010 at 3:17 am | Report abuse |
  14. greg dsvis

its not going to sell for 1.2 mil. she has a reserve on it. Unless it reaches a certain price she doesn't have to sell it.

November 24, 2010 at 3:02 am | Report abuse |
  15. Junior Tristano

Who needs a real estate agent ! The most overpaid profession along with mortgage brokers on earth. Hey what do you do ? I,m a loser real estate agent / real estate investor. To all you real estate investors. U R Losers !

November 24, 2010 at 2:39 am | Report abuse |
  16. Junior Tristano

I have interest around these levels but unfortunately the house is in Tennessee and there is no good pizza in Tennessee.

November 24, 2010 at 2:31 am | Report abuse |
  17. lance corporal

will she stay for the "house warming"???

November 24, 2010 at 1:35 am | Report abuse |
  18. alabama *10*

Donate it!

November 23, 2010 at 11:57 pm | Report abuse |
  19. alabama *10*

The house is BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!

November 23, 2010 at 11:56 pm | Report abuse |
  20. GianCarlo

Good for you Cheryl, I thank you for no using a REALTOR! They are the most arrogant self serving unprofessional people to deal with. It won't be long before we all won't need a REALTOR and get ripped off with their outrageous fees.

Some day them and their fraudulent Board of REALTORS will be a thing of the past.

November 23, 2010 at 11:54 pm | Report abuse |
  21. faulke yue

man...one of her rooms is bigger than my whole apt....sigh.......

November 23, 2010 at 11:48 pm | Report abuse |
  22. Liz

If you read closely on the auction details "Reserve has not been met" – the bidding is only up to $1.2 – I can assure you, Sheryl and her financial people are no dummies – this house will only go for market value!

November 23, 2010 at 11:12 pm | Report abuse |
  23. ed elbert

This is not a house, it is another very over priced rip off by reallators, construction industry and banks that have screwed out country

November 23, 2010 at 10:46 pm | Report abuse |
  24. jj

I've got Shatner getting me the lowest bid on Priceline. The big guy is there too, to make sure it succeeds!

November 23, 2010 at 10:27 pm | Report abuse |
  25. David in Porter Ranch

I'm just wondering what on earth the real estate agents are doing for a 10% commission!!! I don't see them in any of the photographs or videos. I can't imagine that they provided the background music...they certainly aren't taking us a personal tour of the home or the grounds...and I really don't remember any refreshments! What are they doing to earn nearly $125,000?

November 23, 2010 at 10:26 pm | Report abuse |
    • Maxie

David in Porter Ranch...the agents are going to be smiling all the way to the bank. They produced no perks for all of us to see so that's advertisment they did not have to pay for. Lucky ducks! Just wish I had gotten my real estate license years ago.

November 23, 2010 at 10:33 pm | Report abuse |
  26. Maxine

There is an estate in Ashe Co., NC that is on top of a mountain that the asking price is over $9 mil that has a view to die for and it has over 400 acres...the main house it is right on top of the mtn and it has a 360 degree view, I think you can also see Alaska from there or maybe even Russia. Sheryl's home is worth at least 20 mil or more and the estate in Ashe is worth lots more than 9 mil. Goes to show money is not eveything to some people.

November 23, 2010 at 10:15 pm | Report abuse |
  27. The Truth

Spelling class? You're kidding right? If not, its English class, and not with excessive periods and question marks.

November 23, 2010 at 10:12 pm | Report abuse |
  28. Maxie

Talk about people who can't spell, I can't even spell Sheryl correctly...now bash me for being an uneducated, I can take anything. Some people can be very smart but spelling can be one of their weaknesses. I'm sure George Washington, Thomas Jefferson and even Bill Clinton what some somewhere along the way! HA!!!

November 23, 2010 at 10:08 pm | Report abuse |
  29. teresa, ohio

could you imagine the propertry taxes w/ 150 acres??? who in the world would even want a house that big? come on.

money buys such idiocy sometimes.

Let's hope for a quick sale for her !!!

November 23, 2010 at 10:06 pm | Report abuse |
  30. Maxie

This house is beautiful...if only I had several million bucks to purchase it. I'm sure what ever Cheryl gets for this home is just fodder with what she has made in her musical career. I wish Cheryl the best in her new home and with her children where ever it may be. I don't understand why people want to bash rich people...they can't help it!

November 23, 2010 at 10:01 pm | Report abuse |
  31. Mousto

Maybe the singer has had bad memories living in this property in her past . The whole situation with Arm Strong thing , her battle with cancer ect , ect ...Let her live her life just the way she want it .

November 23, 2010 at 9:47 pm | Report abuse |
  32. Rich tom

Damn, I missed it!!!!

November 23, 2010 at 9:30 pm | Report abuse |
  33. opey winfreh

Dang! I always hoped to run into her here in Tennessee and maybe make a love connection! Maybe she'd buy me a new bass boat or something and i could spend all her money

November 23, 2010 at 9:30 pm | Report abuse |
  34. jada

Please!!! Sheryl Crow BROKE!! Seriously doubt it!! If so I promise tha house would b priced higher than that!! N arrogant!!! Def not her!!!! Get a life quickly!!

November 23, 2010 at 9:19 pm | Report abuse |
  35. Rick

yeah.. maybe worth 2 million closer to something worthwhile, but not in Tennessee.. or however you spell it

November 23, 2010 at 9:14 pm | Report abuse |
  36. Stan Kapusta

More important things could be here.

November 23, 2010 at 9:14 pm | Report abuse |
  37. cool

That Ranch is awesome!! Great buy for somebody, It's beautiful

November 23, 2010 at 8:56 pm | Report abuse |
  38. Jason

Just proves money still doesn't buy good taste ~ Maybe she just wanted to have a little fun til the sun came up over Santa Monica Blvd?

November 23, 2010 at 8:55 pm | Report abuse |
  39. Rachel

Well, it appears the auction is over and no winner. Sad. It's a beautiful home. But, Sheryl probably has an at least $6,000,000 reserve set on it. Heck, she ain't gonna give it away!

November 23, 2010 at 8:55 pm | Report abuse |
  40. Offof20

I just hope she isn't selling her home because her cancer came back. She has a child to raise & I hope, whatever the reason, she is well. All I am reading is speculation & jealousy. I am sure she has a good reason for selling & I am sure it has nothing to do with what or how you feel about her.

November 23, 2010 at 8:49 pm | Report abuse |
  41. kev

Why are their so many negative comments? Who cares if call it a farm or not. Who cares about someones spelling. Let's be kind to everyone and build a wonderful world.

November 23, 2010 at 8:42 pm | Report abuse |
  42. Creel

Why would you even sell it at that price? It's not like she really needs a million bucks.

November 23, 2010 at 8:33 pm | Report abuse |
  43. steve

Why must people misplace the word "FARM". This property is NOT a farm. A "FARM" does not have an in ground pool, nanny quarters, 4 car garage, recording studio, 10,000 sq/ft. A "FARM" is where hard working people work from before the sun comes up till after it goes down for barely enough money to pay the bills. Sorry to tell everyone, but this is NOT a FARM because it has a few horses.

November 23, 2010 at 8:25 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jean

Where do you get your ideas. All farms are not poor, where you work from sun up till sun down and have no money. A farm can have a swimming pool, and a guest house. Although this is a bit like a ranch for horses. Could also be call a "gentleman Farm". This one is in a gated community and sure it doesn't compare to a real farm where there are hundreds or thousands of acres. Farms grow crops and ranches out here in western SD raise cows, horses and sheep. Don't label everyone by what you think you know.

November 23, 2010 at 9:19 pm | Report abuse |
    • Tara

Just so you know that I know many farmers and their farms are by no means poor....and that's not even in the south but in the Montana/South Dakota area. This could be referred to as a hobby farm if that would make you feel better.

November 24, 2010 at 8:26 am | Report abuse |
  44. michelle

This is a story?? I thought she was giving the $ to charity or something.

November 23, 2010 at 8:22 pm | Report abuse |
  45. edsr

Talented country bumpkin who tripped on a piece of cow manure and landed in 24 karat gold..........on that she is very talented with ONE song............that is why she is selling the home...she cannot sell her talent any longer......

November 23, 2010 at 8:14 pm | Report abuse |
    • Lone

Better to land in gold once instead of always wiping off the alternative, right? A box of tissues for your face there bud.

She's done more with her 15 minutes than many who've managed to remain in the spotlight all their lives.

November 23, 2010 at 9:43 pm | Report abuse |
  46. Chester

I think the bidding reached 1.6M. It's funny the site didn't mention a reserve requirement.

November 23, 2010 at 8:06 pm | Report abuse |
  47. Mary J

It didn't meet the reserve, so it didn't sell. Here's the website:

The fish tank incorporated into the kitchen counter tops is kinda cool.

November 23, 2010 at 7:53 pm | Report abuse |
  48. The Mel

In case most of you didn't notice, there was a "reserve" which wasn't met. Therefore, the home will NOT be sold for $1.2 mil. You'll notice this often if you watch 'eBay' auctions. Until the minimum is met, they don't have to sell when there's a 'reserve'.

November 23, 2010 at 7:46 pm | Report abuse |
  49. Marlene

What would be better is a Celebrity giving away one of their $$$$ homes to some one deserving person.

November 23, 2010 at 7:28 pm | Report abuse |
    • librababy

Why is that better? So someone who couldn't afford the upkeep and the property taxes could run it into the ground?

November 23, 2010 at 11:30 pm | Report abuse |
    • .

That's what got us into the mess to begin with - banks allowed people to think they could afford houses that they really couldn't afford, and they set them up wtih variable interest rates. As property taxes continued to increase (regardless of the actual value of the homes in a given area), and once the monthly payments shot up with the changing interest rates, people lost their homes. If a celebrity gave away a home, the recipient would HAVE to immediately sell it and buy something they could afford. The initial tax would be pretty hefty (somewhere around 50% of the home's value), then add property tax and maintenance and utilities on top of that. Unless that person was able to sell the house right away, this would not be a good thing for a celebrity to do to someone.

November 24, 2010 at 8:20 am | Report abuse |
  50. gatorgrl

Ah the irony. A solar farm and a 6 car garage.

November 23, 2010 at 7:23 pm | Report abuse |
    • mike

Got to love the pseudo environmentalism in hollywood. "I'm going to have a solar farm, even though I'm not a farmer, and, being single, am going to own several houses that could each house 6 families, but to offset it all, I will try to only use one square of toilet paper."

I'm fine with owning a large house, but not if you also pretend to care about global warming or the environment.

November 23, 2010 at 8:22 pm | Report abuse |
    • Lean6

What a thoughtless pair of comments. Where is the irony in having a 6-car garage? Nothing says that there are six Hummers sitting idling at all times ready to go. Not to mention that there are other uses for garage space than parking.

November 24, 2010 at 4:25 am | Report abuse |
    • .

Spare garages are often used for ballroom dancing and roller derby.

November 24, 2010 at 8:11 am | Report abuse |
  51. Edward Nashville, TN

I agree if it goes for 1.2 mil that is an incredible deal. Also in response to Chris' comment... the south is not as racists as it has been made out to be. I'm from Virginia and it seems like 50% or more of the population in middle Tennessee has moved here from all over the U.S. Nisan moved its North American Headquarters to Franklin TN just a short drive from College Grove. The south is much more integrated and progressive than we get credit for.

November 23, 2010 at 7:09 pm | Report abuse |
    • Marc

@ Edward from Nashville: Don't sweat the naysayers. I've never been to Tennesee, but I'm sure it's a beautiful part of the country. I'd love to visit Nashville some day. Ignore people who say the South is racist. There are plenty of "silent" racists in the North, too. What people lose sight of is that we're all Americans, and we need to start taking better care of one another because there are too many nations just drooling out there- hoping we'll fail.

November 24, 2010 at 7:05 am | Report abuse |
  52. franklin

Just to inform you all her house is 30min south of nashville in one of the US wealthiest counties. The land alone is worth $4.8M in this terrible economy. Great place to live and a steal if it does sell for $1.2M. Needs to sell for at least $10M

November 23, 2010 at 6:59 pm | Report abuse |
  53. Suzanne

Gorgeous, absolutely gorgeous!!! I have no idea why in the world she would want to sell this place. It is so relaxing and beautiful. Nothing could compare. It's so warm and comfortable, not pretentious at all! She's crazy

November 23, 2010 at 6:59 pm | Report abuse |
    • Michelle

I think her family mostly lives in Missouri. She may be selling to live closer to them, but wow, this house would be hard to give up!

November 23, 2010 at 7:01 pm | Report abuse |
    • SoCal

I would think she could afford to live just about anywhere. Tennessee is not the only state with beautiful areas.

November 23, 2010 at 7:38 pm | Report abuse |
  54. Chris

why live in racist Tenn.? probably why she is leaving...

November 23, 2010 at 6:57 pm | Report abuse |
  55. Edward Nashville, TN

College Grove is about 30 miles south of nashville. It is in the middle of nowhere, but it is very pretty country.Realestate is very reasonable in Tennessee compared to Manhattan. My aunt has a 4,800 square foot home on three levels with a 2 car garage, heated pool, five bedroom, 4 bath house for $400,000.

November 23, 2010 at 6:55 pm | Report abuse |
  56. treocyber

Bought it!

November 23, 2010 at 6:47 pm | Report abuse |
  57. Texas Tom

I happen to be a fan of Sheryl's, & she has done one hellavalot for the poor. Unlike some, she doesn't make a big deal of it. A fully functioning solar home means she's doing her part for the environment. No, I'm not a tree hugger, just a realist.She's a great singer, & pretty to boot. A good heart. What's not to like? I hope she gets a fair price.

November 23, 2010 at 6:41 pm | Report abuse |
    • Michelle

Yes, she sure has. It's great to support a celebrity that actually takes the time to give back. And she really does, and never makes a fuss about it, either.

November 23, 2010 at 7:02 pm | Report abuse |
  58. Jack Malek

As an expert on real estate and law I would have to elaborate on the auction by advising my clients that this is a deal that needs to be legally addressed. If it is not a FHA loan then I would suspect that the financing will be difficult to obtain in this market given the superior condition. So in effect you are 100 percent correct in your position.

November 23, 2010 at 6:40 pm | Report abuse |
  59. Lovemoney

Don't be haters live your life love what u have

November 23, 2010 at 6:39 pm | Report abuse |
    • Redepta

That is the coolest thing I have ever heard on the reply section of any story I have read.

November 23, 2010 at 8:33 pm | Report abuse |
  60. diego

Is she broke or something?

November 23, 2010 at 6:34 pm | Report abuse |
  61. Phil

Wow, if the $1.2m price stays and is binding, this is a fantastic deal. Beautiful property.

November 23, 2010 at 6:25 pm | Report abuse |
  62. $washer

Nice house!

November 23, 2010 at 6:23 pm | Report abuse |
  63. AL

That 1.2 M will get you a small 2BR in Manhattan. This must really be the middle of nowhere.

November 23, 2010 at 6:23 pm | Report abuse |
    • ryan

Maybe your small 2 bedroom apartment is overpriced, and normal people laugh that you spend that much on such a place.

November 23, 2010 at 8:00 pm | Report abuse |
    • Rich

No, it's not overpriced, it's just in an area that has this thing called culture. You know, museums, theater, symphony, night clubs for jazz, rock, etc. Or maybe you don't know.

November 23, 2010 at 9:37 pm | Report abuse |
    • Music City

Rich,

Nashville is actually home to more accessible live music than any city in the country. It also boasts the Frist Center for the Visual Arts which plays home to exclusive exhibits that the Louvre wouldn't dare let be shown anywhere else in the US. As far as theatre goes, we have tons of aggressive young theatre troupes and excellent shows at the Tennessee Performing Arts Center and Jackson Hall. I would go on about the beautiful Schermerhorn Symphony Center, but its brand new multi-million dollar pipe organ was damaged in the flood along with all of the underground portions of the venue. Nashville is a beautiful cultured city, and that's how it got its name as the Athens of the South. Oh, yeah, speaking of culture, we also have the only scale replica of the Parthenon along with the tallest indoor statue in North America, which is also adorned in gold...should we get into scholastic matters, or do you get my point?

I ain't sayin', I'm just sayin'.......

November 23, 2010 at 10:17 pm | Report abuse |
    • Vangirl

That would buy you a shack in Vancouver.

November 24, 2010 at 12:49 am | Report abuse |
    • .

You can live in a city with culture and not pay a million dollars for a 2 bedroom POS condo. It's up to the people who live there. If they are stupid enough to pay those prices, they essentially set the standards for everyone else to deal with. I'd gladly give up living next door to a culture-inducing broadway play to be able to pay a reasonable price for a home. You can drive in to soak up "culture," but your home is one of the biggest life investments you'll make.

November 24, 2010 at 7:57 am | Report abuse |
    • jstan89

@Musiccity:

"Oh, yeah, speaking of culture, we also have the only scale replica of the Parthenon along with the tallest indoor statue in North America, which is also adorned in gold"

that sounds more like Vegas... and honestly, do you think that statement qualifies as a good example of culture?

November 24, 2010 at 8:29 am | Report abuse |
  64. Junior Tristano

Tom Bosley from Happy Days brought it.

November 23, 2010 at 6:19 pm | Report abuse |
  65. mabarent

Who is she-ryl crow?

November 23, 2010 at 6:18 pm | Report abuse |
    • answer

Some singer who makes her living behind a microphone but writes lyrics stating that other Americans shouldn't have that right. In other words, she no-one worth paying any attention to.

November 24, 2010 at 3:51 am | Report abuse |
  66. chancremechanic

At that price, it's a steal!!!

November 23, 2010 at 6:16 pm | Report abuse |
  67. dude

How is she being arrogant??

November 23, 2010 at 6:14 pm | Report abuse |
  68. Evil

that's it?

November 23, 2010 at 5:55 pm | Report abuse |
    • BW

There's a reserve, and bidding closed without it being met. She's not selling it unless above a certain minimum price, which is probably way to high and a line no one will be willing to meet.

November 24, 2010 at 7:49 am | Report abuse |
  69. evil

@Linkspast, are you ok? Do you want a Kleenex or a Tampon?

November 23, 2010 at 6:07 pm | Report abuse |
  70. Madeline

Exactly my thought.

November 23, 2010 at 7:03 pm | Report abuse |
  71. Michelle

You are woefully ignorant and should really learn to do some research before you open your mouth. Sheryl Crow does a ton of charity work, and always has. There's an old saying – better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. Think about it.

November 23, 2010 at 6:59 pm | Report abuse |
  72. Suzanne

Wow, relax! You're one mean, angry person who apparently needs an English/spelling class because you can't spell.

November 23, 2010 at 7:02 pm | Report abuse |
  73. Joe

Wow, looks like you went to high school with Cheryl and she dumped you or something. What makes you so mad at her?

November 23, 2010 at 8:02 pm | Report abuse |
  74. TuberJohn316

Your comment says a lot more about you lolman than it does about her!

November 23, 2010 at 8:30 pm | Report abuse |
  75. evoc

No spelling IQ either.

November 23, 2010 at 9:16 pm | Report abuse |
  76. Mike

Good grief man... did you pay any attention at all in SPELLING CLASS when you went to school ???

November 23, 2010 at 9:48 pm | Report abuse |
  77. c5babe

Gee....how do you know Sheryl Crow is arrogant? Just because she is fabulously talented, and has used her talent to earn money, and has used that money to buy herself a comfortable lifestyle, doesn't make her anything except talented and hardworking. You sound arrogant yourself, throwing accusations around about people you don't know. It also sounds more than a little jealous, too.

November 23, 2010 at 11:51 pm | Report abuse |