Rapper T.I. admits to drug problem
November 23rd, 2010

Rapper T.I. admits to drug problem

The world may know about some of T.I.'s troubles, but in a new magazine interview he reveals a hidden problem.

The rapper tells VIBE that he developed a drug habit after extensive dental surgery.  “I had a lot of work done to my teeth,” he says. “Oral surgery, extractions, six, seven, eight root canals. Between January to February.”

T.I. told the magazine that during his prison stint last year he had fillings and things fall out which had to be repaired, and he was given pain killers oxycontin and hydrocodone.

“Then I get these pills and I start taking them for the pain at first,” he told the publication. “And then I’m like, Wait―this [expletive]makes me feel good. And it’s legal.”

The rapper said he continued taking the medication, even after he had healed from his surgeries the way others “might have a drink or smoke a blunt.”

“And eventually I developed―I guess―the beginning stages of dependence,” he said.

T.I., who is currently serving time for violating his probation on an earlier federal weapons conviction, said he discussed his issue with fellow artist Eminem, who has also battled addiction.

“I asked him how he knew he was an addict,” T.I. said. “Basically if you put yourself in harm’s way... if you risk that, you’ve got to assume that there is something fundamentally wrong with your thought process.”

1. Dymnseree

Вам платят за то, что Вы посещаете рекламные страницы, регистрируетесь на сайтах, читаете письма, смотрите видео. В этом нет ничего сложного просто присоединяйтесь к нам прямо сейчас и вы начнете получать стабильный доход ежедневно.

Ссылка на сайт:

Удачи Вам!

November 27, 2013 at 11:40 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Rico Swaveez

Really T.I you are a good rapper and you throw it away by taking drugs, well at least its over with we hope.......

March 25, 2011 at 3:21 pm | Report abuse |
  3. now you see me now you dont

idiot!!! just a god damn idiot whats next T.I.

December 2, 2010 at 10:45 am | Report abuse |
  4. Hi Nee Hole

You are all goofs for spending your time talking about a worthless goon who has contributed nothing to society except crime and really bad rap. I hope that he takes Oxy's until he can't rap any longer

November 26, 2010 at 7:45 am | Report abuse |
  5. Kanyeisrich

Wow T.I is a pill baser lool EVERY ONE, SUPPORT THE INDI ARTISTS, I FOUND ONE WHO IS REALLY DOPE!! CHECK OUT HIS MUSIC!! reverbntion.com/tdatrufe facebook.com/pages/T-Da-TruFE/270255225211

November 25, 2010 at 4:06 am | Report abuse |
  6. Ben G.

I don't know about "growing up" - He's not being caught for anything while on parole; they're his prescriptions: Go ask Jack-o.

Oh.

But anyway, I know plenty of mature adults who are alcoholics and those who are prescribed narcotic addicts, who as kids may have experimented with them on occasion, whereas as being of the adult age might actually work itself in reverse with regards to painkillers; in the addict's mind, and make them believe they know what they are doing simply because now they can grow facial hair/have saggier boobs.

I never let my facial hair or saggy boobs trick me into thinking I'm stronger than the possibility of addiction.

November 25, 2010 at 2:17 am | Report abuse |
  7. Marco555

Stop listening to fools.

November 24, 2010 at 9:19 pm | Report abuse |
  8. yungdeezy

yea rite that's jus the excuse he had to give the judge duh he's a hustla homie u get caught say I'm a addict slap on da wrist out in 11

November 24, 2010 at 4:58 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Lashawn

The world will be a better place if people stay out of other people's business. Stop worrying bout wat the others person got sum work hard and sum don't but when its all said and done we all going through the same stuff rite now and everybody has took a loss this year u people act like children its so sad that why our children stay children even when they are adults because of us like bernie mac said "we are sum punk a** parents"

November 24, 2010 at 4:57 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Lashawn

I've been reading these comments and I agree wit the ones that's defending T.I I feel that ppl need to mind their own business u ppl act like yall f***ing him its such a shame that other celebrities get caught wit cocaine and they get one month n jail while the others get years. Racism is ignorant and u ppl are ignorant. Let it be one of ur family members that gets caught up for sum drugs you will not like wat ppl say about them. Get yourself sum business and you will be alrite

November 24, 2010 at 4:51 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Stephen

T.I. is probbably the greatest rapper out there. of course he has his shares of mistakes like all of us but that doesnt mean we have to criticize him. I wish him the best of luck and tiny also.

November 24, 2010 at 4:17 pm | Report abuse |
  12. cheryl

I am a 55 year old widow (who was a Legal addict)from a very small town in Ohio. Iam also the mother of an addict in recovery.(And I'm white)This doesn't have anything to do with race,financial status,or where or how you were raised! Addiction is a disease! If you are predisposed to it you can become an addict with the 1st pill,joint,snort, or drink. This is an epidemic all across our country! There but for the Grace of God would any of us be! People don't grow up saying "I want to be an addict" I don't know TI's music or anything about him ezcept what I stumbled on here, but addiction is addiction. The only way to defeat it is to ask for help & to want to be clean & sober! I watched an honest man & a mavelous young man turn into lying, cheating & stealing scoundrels with no sence of what was right or wrong within a couple years because of addiction. Its such a sad thing to watch people you love go down that road! We are all called to reach out to those who can't help themselves. Addicts are few and far between who can kick the habbit alone! Take a look at yourselves and ask, are you perfect.

November 24, 2010 at 4:06 pm | Report abuse |
  13. LAMES

It's so easy 2 judge some1 esle but wen the shoe is on the other foot lol,Anyway he still king

November 24, 2010 at 3:42 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Meeka Jones

To all the people who say how can u be addict to oxy. Any body can but honestly that wat the white teens have been usin for years. Have u ever heard of poppin pills well there u have it

November 24, 2010 at 3:36 pm | Report abuse |
  15. huh

How do you know? Maybe he will be a junky his whole life. That's his business

November 24, 2010 at 3:15 pm | Report abuse |
  16. royal RC....

TheroyalRC@yahoo.com........RAMONE CARTER....AND I 'VE DONE MY SHARE OF DIRT...DEALN DRUG'S...SHOOT OUT'S.....ETC..NOW WHO ARE YAH TOO JUDGE ?? I'VE CHANGED,I FEEL DOWN TH DEVIL'S PATH BUT I GOT UP...AND T.I. WILL TOO.....

November 24, 2010 at 3:06 pm | Report abuse |
  17. takeit2theblog

What the he'll is wrong wit T.I do he not understand what he been through already. I don't understand him, he talk about things in his lyrics and have a problem living up to the expectations or responsibility. Ugh T.I learn your lesson I still got all the love in the world for you. Best of luck in the music business

November 24, 2010 at 2:48 pm | Report abuse |
  18. royal RC....

Man oh Man All this ova 1 man's misstake's...racist talk,,bashin of PPL LORD WHT TH WORLD COMIN TOO!! HELP US ALL.... TOO ALL THT COMENTED ON HERE YOU ALL ND TO BE THANKFULL YAH EVEN HAV A VOICE TOO TALK... KEEP WHT UR DOIN UP IN YOU'LL FIND UR'SELF BEHIND A TOPIC OR WORSE....... T.I ,,BRA KP UR HEAD UP & TAKE CARE OF UR KID'S & FAM..... WE ALL WILL FALL DOWN 1 DAY ?? IS WILL WE GET UP,,, MARVIN SAPP SAID IT BEST

November 24, 2010 at 2:44 pm | Report abuse |
  19. DA

First and foremost who knows if he's been taking these for years and, frankly, who cares. If he does indeed have an addiction problem and this is not some PR stunt, then good for him. As a recovering addict / alcoholic, the biggest step anyone can take is admit they have a problem. It sounds easy but believe me, it's anything but. Ego is a huge factor and no one wants to believe something about themselves is awry, especially a multi-million dollar recording artist.

November 24, 2010 at 1:52 pm | Report abuse |
  20. pat b

Its easy for people to get hooked on them. If you take it once and your brain says it likes it then you'll do it again and that's when you get hooked!! You don't get hooked the first time, its the second time you do it for fun, someone can do heroin once and not like and never do it again, but if their brain says I like that give me more than that's when you get hooked!!! I'm only 25 and I was hooked on morphine and heroin for 8 years then the last 5 1/2 years of my addiction it was oxys, the first 6 years I thought I didn't have a problem I could quit any time. But after a blood infection from shooting up 12-20 times a day and almost dying(seriously a couple hours from death) I realized I had a problem!!! It took 2 rough years of trying cold turkey and for the last 2 I've been on subs and clean from everything even weed!! I even had VERY bad teeth from all the opiates over the years and recently had ALOT of work done at once and got a script of oxy 20's for it and after my 10 pills were gone I didn't get addicted to them again!! I actually used as prescribed and didn't abuse them!! Its easy to not realize you have a problem when its something you like to do!!! Just like people who are addicted to shopping, its not a drug and its 100% legal to shop, so how can they be addicted to
    shopping??? Some peeps get addicted to cough drops too, example is the guy who killed some boy scouts in yellowstone years back cuz he didn't have a freakin cough drop!!!! T.I. Talks too much and he's just trying to make himself look better than he actually is!!! Seriously ociffer I didn't know speeding and not wearing a seat belt is against the law!!! I swear!!! Some people were just born stupid,,, TI and just about every celebrity/ sports star out there!!!!

November 24, 2010 at 1:31 pm | Report abuse |
  21. dug

I bet he wished he would of scrubbed them teef!

November 24, 2010 at 1:30 pm | Report abuse |
  22. Ryan

Maybe he should have brushed and flossed more and he would have avoided it all? "six, seven, or eight" root canals (plus extractions and gum surgery) at 30 years old means you basically don't even brush your teeth and you're headed for some dentures by the time you're 45.

November 24, 2010 at 1:21 pm | Report abuse |
  23. B=Dog

Thanks for the breaking news T.I. cuz nobody knew.

Anytime you can't make it from the airport, to your hotel room in downtown L.A. without lighting one up.... you have a problem.

November 24, 2010 at 1:17 pm | Report abuse |
  24. huh

Retardz falling in love via a blog. Hee hee you go miss bad ass.

November 24, 2010 at 12:25 pm | Report abuse |
  25. crissie

I say give him a break. Addiction is not an easy process and takes time to overcome. Their isnt one person out there who isnt addicted to somethin. No one is perfect so stop hatin

November 24, 2010 at 12:21 pm | Report abuse |
  26. dondon aka miss bad ass

Sorry i mit to say thankyou to avon not alias my bad avon you cool to

November 24, 2010 at 11:54 am | Report abuse |
  27. dondon aka miss bad ass

Thankyou Alias just being real as always to bad everyone else cant be real and to all the haters all cnn throw up on ya self !:(

November 24, 2010 at 11:49 am | Report abuse |
  28. syrup

Sounds like all that syrup rotted his teeth out....just sayin

November 24, 2010 at 11:31 am | Report abuse |
  29. huh

Avon? Your mama named u afta cheap makeup.

November 24, 2010 at 11:20 am | Report abuse |
  30. huh

No one cares.

November 24, 2010 at 11:09 am | Report abuse |
  31. Avon Barksdale

TO ALIAS, you can add Planet Of The Ape's to your list of movie's that talk about what the future will be like for the human race in the future.

November 24, 2010 at 11:07 am | Report abuse |
  32. Avon Barksdale

What up world... ALIAS you a cool dude. I LOVE that you have NO FEAR of describing who u really are. That's what REAL MEN do. To dondon aka miss bad ass I feel u. You a cool chick. BY THE WAY HATERS I LOVE JOHN LENNON. I was just trying to make a point about CNN.

November 24, 2010 at 10:38 am | Report abuse |
  33. Mrs.Trice

I love T.I. but come on dude a drug problem is a drug problem how come u wait to get in trouble to admit to it. When u get out this time get clean stay clean and make the music we all love.

November 24, 2010 at 10:35 am | Report abuse |
  34. tossedmysaladti

Syrup or jam?

November 24, 2010 at 10:35 am | Report abuse |
  35. David M

A rapper with drug or alcohol problems?? I'm shocked. Whoever heard of such a thing??

November 24, 2010 at 10:25 am | Report abuse |
  36. loyalest~

Rt everybody who had something negative to say needs to be queit because no one on earth is a saint an you people are sitting up here talking like yall havent made any mistakes in life so what he made a mistake its not any of your bussiness an honestly i feel that everybody should cut him sum slack because admitting your mistake is the first step to getting help even if he admits it after getting caught he isnt denying it im 19years old i dont smoke or drink or use any druqs at all but i also dont judge

November 24, 2010 at 9:57 am | Report abuse |
  37. rochelle

Nobody can say anything about t.i promblem unless u walk in his shoes as far as addiction u can get react to it faster than u think i c it everyday around me different types to a point people dont worry how it would effect theirselves or kids so some people do need advice or extra help but it all balls down to that he admits to his promblem some that is the first step in recovery people are denial so lay off him nobody is perfect so if u want to critisize anyone start with yourself like my mother always say let gi and let god handle it

November 24, 2010 at 8:24 am | Report abuse |
  38. eluva

Maryjane, kayya, weed, they're drugs ncase yall didn't kno. oh, alcohol, cigs, even food can b a drug if it's abused(overeater). Point: we all are addicted and abuse something. I prefer myself to women, no disease, no drama(I love women only n spurts)

November 24, 2010 at 8:19 am | Report abuse |
  39. asian 'a'

Hang in there tip, and be strong... God has a plan for you...

November 24, 2010 at 7:11 am | Report abuse |
  40. asian 'a'

Hang in there tip ... just give it to God (your troubles)......

November 24, 2010 at 7:09 am | Report abuse |
  41. Butters

Biggie Small....Biggie Small ....Biggie Small....

November 24, 2010 at 6:38 am | Report abuse |
  42. dondon aka miss bad ass

Stop lying you dont know Ti and you was not at the hospital lier lier pants or fire you just wAnt some attention but sorry TI GETTING IT LOSER

November 24, 2010 at 4:50 am | Report abuse |
    • Jerry the nurse

You see how wrong your are I was there that night when his friends got hit. I worked in the SRU at UC and the two guards were in room 1 and 2. so muchfor you thought

November 24, 2010 at 7:20 pm | Report abuse |
  43. dondon aka miss bad ass

Now lets all be real when anybody gets caught with drugs whats the fisrt thing we tell our lawyer or the judge? duh that we have a bad drug addiction right or wrong that goes for drug dealers and user so everybody stop acting slow we all know the drill easyer way to get a drug program/probation or maybe less time Ti just gotta play his cards right next time we all make mistakes

November 24, 2010 at 4:42 am | Report abuse |
  44. Jerry the nurse

I know T.I. I was in Cinn working in the ER the night his friend got two rounds one to the head and one to the left wrist. Two of the body guards cought rounds to the arms. If you can not leave the worst behind you when you make it big then you will given the worst back. He needs to find what he really is inside, then use it to help others. He should have learned that night as we tried to save is friend

November 24, 2010 at 4:13 am | Report abuse |
  45. dondon aka miss bad ass

Its alots of haters on cnn wow samantha go to bed hater go brush your hair or better yet brush you teeth lol hi hater

November 24, 2010 at 3:41 am | Report abuse |
  46. dondon aka miss bad ass

Everybody has an addiction weather its shopping, gambling,drugs and life goes on dueces!

November 24, 2010 at 3:21 am | Report abuse |
  47. dondon aka miss bad ass

Everybody has a drug problem big deal this world is coming to a big bad ass end if you ask me drugs rule! live ya life stop hating lets all get together and stop the violence and live our dream which is getting money and doing bigger and better things

November 24, 2010 at 2:58 am | Report abuse |
  48. Marinemom

People have become too dependent on pain meds for even minor pain. Suck it up already. I had a major abdominal surgery while 8 weeks pregnant and all I got was 500 mg of Tylenol. It hurt to laugh, sneeze, cough, talk and even breathe for a few weeks. But I did it to ensure my son wasn't affected by narcotics.
    Celebrities have made it a habit of pulling the "I'm an addict, it's not my fault" card to try and get out of trouble (Jesse james, Tiger Woods, Charlie Sheen, etc). Man up, accept responsibility for the wrong you've done. And some advice to TI......brush your damn teeth and this won't happen!

November 24, 2010 at 2:53 am | Report abuse |
    • Jennifer

"All they gave you was Tylenol and you was 8 months pregnant." With major abdominal surgery. I'm not a doctor but it doesn't take a genius to figure out that they COULDN'T give you anything stronger because of your situation. A stronger pain med would've probably put your baby at risk so don't be so self righteous when judging others. You had to endure the pain because you had no choice!

November 24, 2010 at 4:37 am | Report abuse |
    • Armyson

T.I doesn't mind goin to jail for those short months. He's done it all his life. He's worth more in jail than he is out. "Da good ole road to redemption scheme"

November 24, 2010 at 10:08 am | Report abuse |
  49. Meka

T.I.Keep Ya Head Up,N Stay Strong For You As Well As Your Family.Keep Living Your Life.You Didnt Do Ne Thing That No One Else Hasnt Done.No One Is Perfect.So,To The King,Live Your Life,Cause Remember We Dont Have Time For The Haters.........

November 24, 2010 at 2:28 am | Report abuse |
  50. De-Vines

You, know that if you play you pay..I thought T.I. was for real (you know all the help with kids) ( but then again I was talking about him and they say that he showed out in a half way house ..he was talking about he needed extra protection because of who he was)(he is no better than the person that sleeps in that same house) ... We all have to pay for the wrong we do...T.I..a.k.a. Clifford...you may or maynot have a drug problem ..you maybe be addicted to the game! Eaither way it is not working for you!!! You do not know me & I do not know u???? But what is it going to take?!?!? Being sent away will not work if you really feel that this (your problen) is an addication.. i know I have been there..My first stint in jail worked...but it could have taken 2..3....or.....I am not you.what worked for me may or may not work for anyone else!!

November 24, 2010 at 1:27 am | Report abuse |
  51. u suck CNN

I DID watch ur news I will make sure NEVER DO EVER AGAIN!! Nothing but a dumb media to stir negative remarks about T.I and racism.... SO GLAD I LEARNED THIS. I WILL NEVER WATCH YALL AND MAKE SURE THE CHANNEL IS CHANGED IF U ARE ON!

November 24, 2010 at 1:23 am | Report abuse |
  52. Jewel

Keep ur head high T.I! dont let the media take over. best bet is complete solitude open a Bible and start reading...

November 24, 2010 at 1:18 am | Report abuse |
  53. JEWEL

Psalm 37...T.I way to go on opening up....NO ONE IS TO JUGDE BUT THE MAN UPSTAIRS-our LORD JESUS CHRIST. KEEP UR HEAD UP.KEEP TO URSELF AND SPEAK TO GOD BC THESE CRITICS AND MEDIA AINT GOOD4YA RITE NOW.SOLITUDE,REPENT.STAY FOCUSED!U GOT WAT SO MANY WISH THEY HAD.U LIVIN THE AMERICAN DREAM.NONE A US PERFCT BUT U GOTTA STAY FOCUSED.LOOK AT THE STARVING CHILDREN IN FORIEGN COUNTRIES SHOOT IN AMERICA.DONT TAKE4GRANTED WHAT U GOT ON EARTH BC IT WILL ALL B GONE 1DAY.PEACE&LOVE-KEEP YO HEAD RIGHT!!! MUCH LOVE

November 24, 2010 at 1:14 am | Report abuse |
  54. intercess

I AM SOOOOO TIRED OF MY PEOPLE , IM A BLACK WOMAN , USING WHAT OTHERS CALL THE 'RACE CARD'. IVE READ MOST OF THE COMMENTS & JUST PLEASE STOP EMBARRISING YOPURSELVES COMPARING T.I. TO AN AMERICAN LEGENDNARY BEATTLES! I WISH TINY & HER MAN THE BEST! IM NOT A HUGE FAN OF HIS MUSIC BUT I LOVED ATL MOVIE. SO BLOGGERS I HOPE WE LEARN THAT NONE OF THESE STARS ARE OUR IDOLS. THEY WILL TELL YOU THAT THEMSELVES. BUT IT JUST SEEMS LIKE SOME OF MY BLACK BLOGGERS ARE QUICK TO PLAY THE CARD. STOP! THEY ARE JUST LAUGHING AT US!!! USE YOUR MIND! USE YOUR FREEDOM OF SPEECH WITH YOUR OWN INDIVIDUAL AMERICAN FREEDOM VIEWS WITHOUT LEANING ON RACE ISSUES! YEP!

November 24, 2010 at 1:08 am | Report abuse |
  55. kerrie porter

Well i love ti he deals with a lot of urban problems and endure a lot of flack im n recovery also ti stay clean one day at time he will be a steppin stone to all the people that love him but i kno and he kno that it can b done stay up ti

November 24, 2010 at 12:51 am | Report abuse |
  56. UNKle Obama

@AVON BARKSDALE u work for fortune 500 company...ooohh...thanx for deicing the sidewalk at walmart for me today..no ice...seriously...thank u

November 24, 2010 at 12:06 am | Report abuse |
  57. Redd52

Im in drug court and I'm around people everyday who has suffer addiction either its illegal drugs or legal addiction is out there I give to props that he acknowledge he has a problem that's the first step to recovery admitting that you have a problem and your life has become unmanageable y'all people need to recovery support meetings and learn about what's going on around you.

November 23, 2010 at 11:51 pm | Report abuse |
  58. mariela

there is so many ignorant uneducated ppl making comms on here, half of u more then likely have no idea what addiction is like! T.I. is a great "person" who has overcame things that some of u wouldnt even know about. All u haters hatin on him need to look within urself cuz ur obviously hatin urself and r hidin behind that hate by hatin on others. T.I, do ur time n keep ur head up! "Throw the first stone if u think ur perfect"- for all u ignorant fools out there!!

November 23, 2010 at 11:49 pm | Report abuse |
  59. kesha

I guess that some of you have forgotten that he's human just like the rest of us but I honestly think because he might be bringing more money into his household and the color of his skin you treat him or any other black celebrity like a animal when they have made a mistake to all of you before you make your judgments take a look at yourself and make sure that your doorstep is clean before you tell someone how to clean theirs he has made his mistakes so let him as a grown man handle his problems himself if he wanted your negative remarks he would have asked.

November 23, 2010 at 11:39 pm | Report abuse |
    • Sweets

I knew someone would make this a race issue. Drugs don't discriminate . . . drugs could care less what color of skin you have!!!

November 24, 2010 at 10:18 am | Report abuse |
  60. Jennifer

T.I. obviously has had a drug problem for years. The public admission now is because his freedom is at stake. I'm not going to bash him for having a drug problem. PLENTY of people have drug addictions whether they are a rapper, a CEO, an accountant, a teacher, lawyer, actor, etc. Drugs don't discriminate so don't sit here and say this is all because he's a rapper. Substance abuse stems from underlying problems and you must confront them first before real progress begins.

November 23, 2010 at 11:23 pm | Report abuse |
  61. carrie walker

love an trust god

November 23, 2010 at 11:06 pm | Report abuse |
  62. Theresa

First off you people need to stop condemning T.I second at least he admits to having a problem most people don't remember the first part to recovery is admitting you have a problem and third I wanna wish T.I the BEST

November 23, 2010 at 10:56 pm | Report abuse |
  63. Mike

A rapper with a drug problem is NOT news. A rapper WITHOUT a drug problem...now there's a headline.

November 23, 2010 at 10:51 pm | Report abuse |
  64. nikki

ppl make mistakes and its up to him to fix it but why kick him when he is down this man is the man u listen to his songz if he say he has a problem help him with his problem by tellin him to stay strong

November 23, 2010 at 10:50 pm | Report abuse |
  65. NCole

So which agent, manager, personal assistant, publicist, etc. came up with this so-called reason??? It frustrates me to see celebrities not really owning up to their mistake, but simply blame it on a "disease" they all of a sudden think they've discovered. No better than the Hilton and Lohan excuses. Or the latest best one yet that came out a couple weeks ago with Charlie Sheen having a "medication reaction". Never knew cocaine was medication. Guess its all in the eye of the beholder how people see things. And, if you really thought you were an addict and taking this seriously . . .you wouldn't be blabbing about it. You would've been in recovery and taking your self, mental steps on that path. You're just sorry you got caught and trying to find your angle on how to get away with it!

November 23, 2010 at 10:26 pm | Report abuse |
  66. mook

You can take us out the street but u can't take the street out of us!p.o.m.e!

November 23, 2010 at 10:24 pm | Report abuse |
  67. grizzy

Stop hatin on tip... whoever said they hope he rots in there is ignorant and needs to take his or her ignorant a** somewhere & rot

November 23, 2010 at 10:23 pm | Report abuse |
  68. duh

Breaking news.... TI and tossed salad guy joined in civil union. More news at 11.

November 23, 2010 at 9:53 pm | Report abuse |
  69. duh

Another rapper went to prison. (Yawn) Hope he rots in there.

November 23, 2010 at 9:17 pm | Report abuse |
  70. dre

I hope ti come home and shine. Lidsay and Paris got caught wit cocaine. Yall gonna give him the Micheal Vick treatment. He will bounce back.

November 23, 2010 at 9:12 pm | Report abuse |
  71. dude

(Insert generic whining that doesn't make a difference or half the time doesn't even relate to the article here)

November 23, 2010 at 9:01 pm | Report abuse |
  72. dave

Naaaw! reaaaaly?? No way!

November 23, 2010 at 8:22 pm | Report abuse |
  73. najee

Ti iz only human every1 makez mistakes, he juz made 2 to many

November 23, 2010 at 8:14 pm | Report abuse |
  74. lady diva

Hey t.i i still love yewh and you are not a addictive person i still love get your head uhp and keep the soap on the rope

November 23, 2010 at 8:14 pm | Report abuse |
  75. kesh

Keep your head up T.I. there have been many rappers addicted to durgs they just didn't get caught. On top of that, look at other famous ppl who have had durg addictions and the system did not throw them under the bus. To everyone who is judging this man get a life everyone makes mistakes yall a$$ are not perfect either only God can judge.

November 23, 2010 at 8:03 pm | Report abuse |
  76. Tee

@Laura you right on point. I cosign!!

November 23, 2010 at 8:01 pm | Report abuse |
  77. Yomamma

Who cares? He's just a rapper.

November 23, 2010 at 7:59 pm | Report abuse |
  78. Tee

To answer some questions, yes you can have 7,8 root canals. I am a wife and mother of 3 who had braces as a teenager and brushed daily, don't drink or smoke (anything) and don't pop pills. We are a one income family and I recently had 6 crowns(done the same day) 3 root canals and over a dozen cavities done over a two month period. Due to decalcifiaction of my teeth and enamel (child birth, genes, soda etc)believe me it was NO picnic, nor was it cheap, however my dentist did not give me oxycodone I got 600mg ibuprofin. I was in so much pain I wish she did give me it though I ate nothing but mashed potatoes for a month.

November 23, 2010 at 7:39 pm | Report abuse |
  79. MS

Aren't drugs supposed to make your music better?

November 23, 2010 at 7:25 pm | Report abuse |
  80. Laura

It is amazing that Lohan can get breaks, Paris gets breaks and neither admit anything. MJ and the child cases that are now proven to be false, Mike Vick and some dang dogs and PETA won't contribute to a FOOD BANK. Hypocrites and lunatics.....T.I. admits and can't get a second thought. Fickle folks in this country. Maybe you have to be female and caucasion. Get a clue. T.I. do your thing to work it out for you an your family. Ig the rest.

November 23, 2010 at 7:12 pm | Report abuse |
  81. BlueNorange

Keep ur head up TIP! Jus lost a cuzn at age of 22 due to this same problem and i am also currently goin thru same...Like Nas said on one of my fav albums of his..."its all poison exstacy drugs u say its love it is poison, schools where i learn they shuld b burned it is poison, physicians prescrpitn us medicine which is poison and doctors injecting our infants with this poison..." I say OC and hydrocodone= man made herion, which is poison

November 23, 2010 at 7:08 pm | Report abuse |
  82. klove

YOU DONT TO EXPLAIN T.I.....F***DEM!

November 23, 2010 at 7:06 pm | Report abuse |
  83. kenny d

Dude, I totally understand t.i's problem. I have a family member that has sykal cell anemia a blood disease only found in african americans. He was a smart person had goals and ambitions etc. Till this year he was prescribed oxy cotton ( o.c) which really help his pain, lessened expensive trips to the hospital. But soon became a problem as started to notice he became irritated and verbally abusive without them.. and started taking a lot more than written dose.. and got his friends involved and the addiction started to affect his loved ones including me. I don't mess with drugs but its killing me and family bad like we are. I asked him what it is about this pill he simply said " makes me feel content"

November 23, 2010 at 6:53 pm | Report abuse |
  84. awwh come on

@AVON...YAWWWNNNN

November 23, 2010 at 6:44 pm | Report abuse |
  85. andrea

IT IS WHAT IT IS.......JUST CUS HE'S FAMOUS DOESN'T GIVE US THE RIGHT TO JUDGE HIM...HE'S A GROWN MAN AND MAKES HIS OWN CHOICES....OBVIOUSLY HE'S ADMITTED HE HAS A PROBLEM...SOME PEOPLE CAN'T EVEN DO THAT..

November 23, 2010 at 6:28 pm | Report abuse |
  86. Jurele Mcknight

Obviously he is only sayin that to help his defense of being a drug addict. He would much rather go to Rehab than Prison...Hey T.I...way to take the LOW ROAD

November 23, 2010 at 6:11 pm | Report abuse |
  87. Avon Barksdale

CNN ya'll dont pay me enough to be punkin these white boy's! Whatever. ON TO THE NEXT ONE! WHOS'S NEXT?

November 23, 2010 at 5:50 pm | Report abuse |
  88. Avon Barksdale

"straighttruth" you gotta be a white boy talkin all that yada yada to me! Didn't you see how I shut up your girl "stephanie"? And yeah i am a bully! They be callin me DEBO where I stay in the A playboy!

November 23, 2010 at 5:48 pm | Report abuse |
  89. Avon Barksdale

"straighttruth" hate to dissapoint you but I WORK FOR A FORTUNE 500 COMPANY!

November 23, 2010 at 5:42 pm | Report abuse |
  90. twin 1

Tiny and T.I keep ur head up , Just this time learn from ur mistakes this fan still believe in both of you.You and your family will be in my prayer.If you cant do it for ur self i know someone who can(GOD)keep prayin

November 23, 2010 at 5:38 pm | Report abuse |
  91. funkferatu

I find it funny that we have stronger feelings about these manufactured personalities than those right before us that truly experience social ills. We must also understand that they are not above the perils of humanity. Eff em all! These people who you have been defending would wizz on you if you were burning... Stop calling them "ya boy" or "the greatest this"... All humans.... not the first nor the last.... Your brains were not designed to add cushion to the skull, dig?

November 23, 2010 at 5:18 pm | Report abuse |
  92. straighttruth

Frank sinatra is a legend. Al Green is a legend. Michael Jackson is a legend. T.I. not so much.

November 23, 2010 at 5:18 pm | Report abuse |
  93. straighttruth

It has nothing to do with race. All men are considered worthless until they prove otherwise. Avon is a worthless racist.

November 23, 2010 at 5:14 pm | Report abuse |
  94. Mary

Ya r a bunch of haters!! what T.I. do, or smoke is none of our business. Let the man live his life. We all do wrongs. Ain't none of us is perfect.

November 23, 2010 at 5:13 pm | Report abuse |
  95. Jiggered

I'd be more surprised if he DIDN'T have a drug problem.

November 23, 2010 at 5:01 pm | Report abuse |
  96. pizzathe hutt

@ robbie. Pills are prescription pills are drugs, you imbecile.

November 23, 2010 at 4:56 pm | Report abuse |
  97. razzlea

i hope he kicked this habit for good people need to stop hating on each other. Check out my health and fitness blog http://razzlea.blogspot.com/

November 23, 2010 at 4:51 pm | Report abuse |
  98. Avon Barksdale

CHECK-MATE!!!! THANK YOU CNN!! YOU JUST PROVED MY POINT AGAIN. pOSTERS PLEASE DONT SAY BAD THINGS ABOUT SPIELBERG!

November 23, 2010 at 4:45 pm | Report abuse |
  99. tasha

Samatha u sound racist but like I sd who r ya'll to judge him only god can judge!

November 23, 2010 at 4:42 pm | Report abuse |
  100. Avon Barksdale

Apparently CNN wont allow anyone to talk bad about Elvis, Marilyn Monroe or Eminem! That's weird? Obviously I was trying to make a point! But it is nice to know who you wont allow us to talk bad about. Hmmmm, very Interesting.

November 23, 2010 at 4:42 pm | Report abuse |
  101. Avon Barksdale

F**CK FRANK SINATRA!!!!

November 23, 2010 at 4:33 pm | Report abuse |
    • straighttruth

Are you done having your tantrums? TI.will be forgotten soon enough. The man is not a legend. He has a few hits, that's it. Send him to rehab. Then send him to prison. Case closed, sucker.

November 23, 2010 at 5:10 pm | Report abuse |
  102. Avon Barksdale

F**CK THE KENNEDY'S!!!!

November 23, 2010 at 4:32 pm | Report abuse |
  103. Please Help Him

Stop the Hating.....If he is (censored) then he should be allowed to(censored)
    But the (censored) will help him.

November 23, 2010 at 4:31 pm | Report abuse |
  104. Avon Barksdale

F**CK THE BEATLES!!!!

November 23, 2010 at 4:31 pm | Report abuse |
    • ViaMurka

что делать если не наедаешь и хочешь похудетькак бытро похудеь на 5-7 кгцентр похудения донецксамая дешовая диетаесть 5 дней как похудеть на 5 кгдиеты при которых можно скинуть 10 кгкифирно – молочная диетаизменение пищи в тонкой кишке при неправильном питаниедиета омега3после похудения повысилось потоотделениедиета от медвежёнкиовощные диетические супы-пюрегде купить в курске эффективное средство для похуденияправильное питание при колитеблюда при диетическом питанииправильное питание беременных женщинсекреты успешного похудения женское здоровьегимнастика для похудения бедердиета удаление почкибаллы кремлевской диеты готовые блюда

June 11, 2011 at 1:06 am | Report abuse |
    • metallirozz

[b]Any cigar contains as often or smooth many baccy than a parcel of cigarettes and the nicotine even is besides tantamount to a preserved parcel of cigarettes. Nicotine is besides engross from lightless cigars, unbroken in the lip with fair junction with the baccy foliage at the extremity.
      Breathing cardinal cigars (inhaling somewhat) or a parcel of cigarettes a daytime has the identical lung crab danger. The asset of environmental baccy aerosol (ETS) produced is besides higher. Ed and infertility difficulty has besides been coupled to cigar breathing so does immature set deprivation also.
      [/b]

[i]These are fair any of the dangerous effects of cigar breathing and how dangerous it could anachronistic compared to cigarettes. So are cigars safer than cigarettes? The reply is clear. The reality is, breathing is not advantageous to anyone anachronistic it cigar or cigarettes. I watched the debates hindmost stygian. Represent a agreeable morsel. I couldn't grip it beat. My ticker and intelligence are 96 "uncertain" these life. ( I sooo crave to period "Texas" with cardinal "S"s!) Hindmost nights discussion was not as often a discussion as a "impurity" of Texas Values!
      [/i]

October 26, 2011 at 3:57 pm | Report abuse |
    • TonsTheofiche

Hello, I saw zhuydemen capsule in 2005 to 2006g.g.Pohudela 35kg.za
      6 months , and 1 month 15kg.za .
      Order by phone: 8 915-266-99-03 and online http://slims.tiu.ru/

November 16, 2011 at 3:48 pm | Report abuse |
    • nechawayhorry

Hello !
      I found a blog on the topic – http://palatki.topp10.org/
      Be advised that anything like that.

December 21, 2011 at 6:06 am | Report abuse |
    • Dombshouresse

Zenslim – Ayurvedic remedy for weight loss makes up 30-35% of the daily diet
      dietary fiber ( fiber) faithfully and cleanses the body , but also imbues it useful
      substances. Improved liver function in the removal of allergens, relieve Zenslim
      digestive tract of stagnant bile and toxins.As well as restoring local
      immunity of the digestive tract.

April 20, 2012 at 2:48 pm | Report abuse |
    • MLMuser

Attention! We are looking for people to join our team. All of you will be the first!!!
      A new project will be launched soon: common line, optional (non-obligatory) invitations, several short marketing plans, full cycling, re-investing…
      True earning money guarantee!!!

Register to be not at the end of a line but to be on the very top of financial iceberg!!

Внимание ! Запускается новый зарубежный проект. В котором мы можем заработать, так как аудитория значительно больше чем СНГ. Старт в воскресенье, сейчас идет предрегистрация. В проект пока проплачивать нельзя, но можно уже приглашать и получать прибыль от приглашений. Так как всё на английском, вот маленький хелпик :
      Как оплатить и встать в очередь ?
      На примере маркетинга №1
      1. Заходим в office
      2. Нажимаем на кнопочку Pay marketing 1 the invater -это оплата пригласителю.
      на первом маркетинге это 3$.
      3. На странице office находим и нажимаем кнопочку Pay marketing 1
      на первом маркетинге это 12$. (10 в очередь и 2 на поддержание )
      4. Теперь в таблице маркетинга № 1 ( это справа, где написано Participation in marketing 1)
      находим кнопочку Participate и жмем. Это постановка в очередь. Очень важно встать в очередь ! Иначе система вас считать не будет. !

Аналогично на втором маркетинге, естественно цифры оплаты будут другие.

В третьем маркетинге нет ни приглашенных ни реферальских, система сделана для максимальной отдачи средств. Но в очередь вставать также кнопочкой Participate.
      Всё ).

August 10, 2012 at 5:17 pm | Report abuse |
    • Murashevsk

September 22, 2012 at 12:51 pm | Report abuse |
  105. Like that

The truth is, he been smoking crack that I know of since 1998. Smoking it, selling it, and getting rich off of it. Now cause of some dental work and pills, he's got a drug problem...Boy Stop!

November 23, 2010 at 4:30 pm | Report abuse |
  106. Avon Barksdale

F***K JOHN LENNON!!

November 23, 2010 at 4:29 pm | Report abuse |
  107. ladyt

FIRST OFF YALL NEED TA GET OFF HIM IF HE WANNA ADMIT HE'S A DRUR ADDICT OH WELL WHO R YALL? ONLY GOD CAN JUDGE HIM ITS PPL OUT HERE RAPIN KIDS N SOME MORE STUFF AND YALL WORRIED ABOUT T.I TAKING PILLS GET REAL!

November 23, 2010 at 4:19 pm | Report abuse |
  108. Like that

Like in the history books, the thruth is forbidden

November 23, 2010 at 4:19 pm | Report abuse |
  109. Like that

Go back and check my previous posts. CNN has blocked my last three, and their were no curse words. Just truth.

November 23, 2010 at 4:17 pm | Report abuse |
  110. Like that

I must have spoke the straight truth, cause CNN has blocked my three previous post. Sucka'S

November 23, 2010 at 4:14 pm | Report abuse |
    • Avon Barksdale

They just did the same thing to me! They got a little sensitive when i said what if black people made fun of John F Kennedy, John Lennon, Elvis, Marilyn Monroe and all of their idols like they do ours. Guess we know who runs CNN!

November 23, 2010 at 4:18 pm | Report abuse |
  111. aspen

that's a weak excuse. plenty of people have taken the same pain killers for various reasons and don't upgrade to illegal sh%$t. To the ones that are behind his weak ass excuse..you're the ones hating.

November 23, 2010 at 4:13 pm | Report abuse |
  112. Bone crusha

What

November 23, 2010 at 4:03 pm | Report abuse |
  113. hot chick19

looks like we got a lot of haters on TI . advice for everyone get off him you not makin money. u hate

November 23, 2010 at 4:02 pm | Report abuse |
  114. Avon Barksdale

Here are a few comments about JOHN LENNON to prove my point to all the white people posting comments here . (The CNN Post i'm referring to is about the selling of the album John Lennon signed right before he was killed. The seller is asking for $800,000 dollars). Bloggers Comment's #1: fgl40 511v you make me sick making a sarcastic remark about John Lennon's widow... If you can't show respect for other people at least do everyone the courtesy of keeping your mouth shut.
    Comment #2
    fgl40 The sale of this symbol of John Lennon's murder is the most disgusting, vile, sickening thing I have ever seen. The person selling it should be ashamed of doing something so disrespectful and sickening for money. God will remember your trying to profit from the death of John Lennon and you will "P... more
    The sale of this symbol of John Lennon's murder is the most disgusting, vile, sickening thing I have ever seen. The person selling it should be ashamed of doing something so disrespectful and sickening for money. God will remember your trying to profit from the death of John Lennon and you will "PAY" for it.
    Comment #3
    Rngo55 If I could, I would buy it and burn it.
    These are just 3 of many comments about the selling of an album. Trutfully most black people could care less about JOHN LENNON. But none of us would go so far as to DISRESPECT JOHN LENNON as white people do when talking about TUPAC or BIGGIE'S death. RESPECT. THAT'S ALL WE ARE ASKING FOR.

November 23, 2010 at 3:58 pm | Report abuse |
  115. Bone crusha

BREAKING NEWS......Singer Frank Sinatra admits to having a not living problem.

November 23, 2010 at 3:57 pm | Report abuse |
  116. MD

A rapper with a drug problem or going to prison......Next.

November 23, 2010 at 3:57 pm | Report abuse |
  117. Like that

Boy, CNN be hating on, and blocking some real truth.

November 23, 2010 at 3:54 pm | Report abuse |
  118. Like that

Where are my two previous posts?

November 23, 2010 at 3:52 pm | Report abuse |
  119. barbara

i have been in the medical field for 16 years and i see part of the problem immediately. they don't just hand out oxy for root canals. oxy is usually for something more of cancer lines... chronic nerve pain etc.. these celebs are over treated because they are celebs. it is too easy for them to get what they don't need. yea he could have been an addict prior to this and that is just an excuse but whatever, i hope he gets help and if the dr is passing out oxy for root canals, that dr needs a talking too. period. i didnt get oxy for a major stomach surgery that had a 8 inch incision. give me a break!

November 23, 2010 at 3:51 pm | Report abuse |
    • chrissie

I had an ovary removed with a 5-6 inch scar and I did NOT get Oxy either. Got some lame Percocet which doesn't even work if you ask me. I'd rather take 4 Advils (800 mg) instead for all the pain relief it gives. He gets Oxy for root canals? Crazy. This whole RX addiction is partly due to doctors who will write scripts for anything. Of course, you can also buy the meds on the black market. A husband of a friend developed an addiction to Oxy and ran through his family's savings and nearly had his marriage break up when the wife discovered the issue. RX drug abuse is the big crime that no one wants to talk about.

November 23, 2010 at 10:52 pm | Report abuse |
  120. Cort cort

Okay, nobody knows what that man thinks! He may or may not be lying. And regardless if you like rappers or not they are going to be around for a long time so get over it. And at least he can admit his problem. Most of the people who are putting him down probably are insecure, so hide behind your computer and talk about whoever or whatever makes you feel better. He has enough fans that'll be there to help him through. I used to addicted to tabs and other stuff. I grew out of it and eventually he will. All I'm saying is don't put the man down, because he's in know place to take up for himself. I don't even like his music but he is still a person. And in my opinion America's problem is unnecessary critics :)

November 23, 2010 at 3:41 pm | Report abuse |
  121. miss.ann

He did the crime so let him do HIS TIME ! STOP HATING ON MY BOY ! T.I KEEP YOUR MOUTH CLOSED !!

November 23, 2010 at 3:41 pm | Report abuse |
  122. DEMETRIC SMITH

I ADMITT HE MAY NOT HAVE THE PERFECT LIFE.I HAVE NO CHOICE BUT RESPECT A MAN WHO COMES OUT IN PUBLIC AND SAYS HE HAS A PROBLEM.IT TAKES ALOT OF HEART AND COURAGE TO DO SOMETHING LIKE THAT WHEN ALOT OF PEOPLE ARE GOING TO CRITICIZE YOU ANYWAY FOR WHAT YOU DOING!MUCH RESPECT IN WHAT HE DONE.ITS TIME FOR PEOPLE TO BE REAL WITH THEMSELVES AND MAKE A CHANGE IN THEIR LIVES AND ADMITT THEIR PROBLEMS SO THEY CAN BECOME A BETTER PERSON AND STOP STOMPING ON PEOPLE WHO ARE DOING THIER BEST TO BECOME BETTER FOR THEMSELVES AND THEIR LOVE ONES!PEOPLE GET REAL WE ALL HAD OR STILL HAVE PROBLEMS THAT WE ALL MUST OVERCOME!THAT'S LIFE!

November 23, 2010 at 3:31 pm | Report abuse |
  123. billp

A rapper with a drug problem? I can't believe it. Has this ever happened before?

November 23, 2010 at 3:30 pm | Report abuse |
  124. Avon Barksdale

To Alias, THANK YOU for your post. I didnt want to come off as angry but we always go through the same patterns when there is a Blog posted about a rapper. The BEST PART of your comment was when u said
    "Throught a painful look back in history we must recall, John Belushi, River Phoenix, Marilyn Monroe, Heath Ledger,Elvis Presley, Jimi Hendrix, Jim Morrison, Janis Joplin, Chris Farley,Donyale Luna,Judy Garland, Paula Yates, Billie Holiday, Dr. Dre's son, Andre Young Jr, rapper Eyedea, Greg Giraldo, almost Fantasia Barrino and many others are gone but only WE pay with the loss of their talent". You named black people, white people, rappers, comedian's, movie stars, rock n roll artist's, etc. (THIS MAY BE THE 1ST TIME EVER I HAVE SEEN THIS DONE ON A POST!) I think what most black people on here are trying to say is that this is a problem that all of us experience. (Yes, I am BLACK) Believe me none of us are tryiing to "play the RACE CARD" as samantha so eloquently put it earlier. If there was a marquee blog about Lindsay Lohan the majority of comments would say she needs to get another chance and go to rehab. But if it's Gucci mane or someone we like the majority of comments would say he should go to jail. It's as if white people have a cold heart when it comes to black artist but continue to buy their music. When the late great Tupac Shakur was killed I heard, and still hear white people to this day saying he deserved it. What if black people said these things about one of your idols. IMAGINE us laughing @ you for crying like babies when JOHN LENNON got shot and singing give peace a chance in front of his apartment. What if we laughed about this?? What if we said JOHN LENNON DESERVED TO GET SHOT? White people would have a fit. ALL WE ARE SAYING IS GIVE OUR ARTISTS THE SAME RESPECT YOU WOULD WANT for LENNON, ELVIS, MARILYN MONROE,etc.

November 23, 2010 at 3:24 pm | Report abuse |
    • Alias

Thank You Avon for calling it like it is and not what everybody else thinks. Tho irrelevant, I happen to be the atypical single, slightly overweight balding white guy, but I am human above all else. I like all music well maybe except country, but definitely all food, and women. I would probably have been shredded if I didn't cover all ethnic and gender areas and won't apologize for not naming Tupac but it is a drug story.

Ever see Mad Max, Class of 1984, Escape From New York, Escape From LA, etc. Seems some had premonitions and we're almost there. Sadly, drugs, and related gang activity, among corporate greed, and power hungry tyrants are en route to making this the Late Great Planet Earth.

November 23, 2010 at 8:20 pm | Report abuse |
  125. NoH8

Come on people...
    He is actually having a pretty good year with the Bengals.
    It is not his fault that the Cincy defense stinks.......
    Peace Out!

November 23, 2010 at 3:22 pm | Report abuse |
  126. Like thar

ASAP...Jack asses

November 23, 2010 at 3:21 pm | Report abuse |
  127. Logic

More importantly he should admit to having no talent.

November 23, 2010 at 3:13 pm | Report abuse |
  128. Ian

8,9 Root Canals? Right there thats BS i really dont think thats possible.. He gotta b stupid if he has to ask Eminem what addiction means.. He didnt even give a true definition of an addict, because he isnt one, drugs destroy his life?? I dont think so kid u have a multi million doller rap/acting carrer that has made u famous I dont think u have uevrn come close to hitn rock bottom!! Jus cause u did prison time, n the reason u did that wasnt from drugs it was from stupid ghetto kid choices like sell automatic weopons.. Dont blame ur problems on addiction cuz ur not an addict!! I have been sober for 6years and was using herion for 9 It ruled my life, i threw up if i didnt have it, i lied, steal'd, did whatever, now I was an addict not U, n I def. take offense to his immature remarks!!

November 23, 2010 at 2:55 pm | Report abuse |
  129. Mossberg

@Avon.......and swear they are just as gangsta.......im confused on when we started downing someone with a problem......by all means if u can admit it im willing to help

November 23, 2010 at 2:54 pm | Report abuse |
  130. Like that

After years of using crack, and selling crack in your own neighborhood, killing your own ppl, and destroying how many lives, all u clowns on here praising this *****, and sympathizing with him on some B.S. you all must be as stupid as he konws you are. Line up to buy some more poison.

November 23, 2010 at 2:54 pm | Report abuse |
  131. Avon Barksdale

Mossberg I've been saying the same thing! These are also the same people who hate on Kanye West but buy all of his albums and know all of the lyrics to his songs. Speaking of Kanye, I want to THANK ALL THE HATERS who are buying his album. Next monday CNN will have a Blog about his album being #1.

November 23, 2010 at 2:50 pm | Report abuse |
  132. blkmeay

Are you people serious that is his problem and he has to deal give susgestions on how to deal with a drug promblem glad i dont most of you people someone is still going to say something stupid "get ghost"

November 23, 2010 at 2:50 pm | Report abuse |
  133. NETTA (b more)

Wowwwwwwww these comments are really really harsh!!!! T.I. just admit to having a problem with drugs he even went to one of his peers and asked him for advice. Did we all forget that celebritys are human too... And as humans we all make mistakes that we eventually learn from...

November 23, 2010 at 2:50 pm | Report abuse |
  134. Mossberg

These comments are from the same people who buys his music..........the U.S. loves to kick a person while they are down.......everyone knows that prescription pills can and they are addictive.....dont be stupid....

November 23, 2010 at 2:42 pm | Report abuse |
  135. Mok

I need a beer to distract me from my not caring about some rapper junkie.
    And yes I clicked and still dont care...to all you genius-types who love to use that line.
    Babaa Booey to y'all

November 23, 2010 at 2:42 pm | Report abuse |
  136. lizzy

i really feel for u n i am happy dat u could admit ur wrong. u will definately bounce back n we will b here to welcome u!

November 23, 2010 at 2:41 pm | Report abuse |
  137. janecollective

why all the hate?

November 23, 2010 at 2:32 pm | Report abuse |
  138. Bob

Csnord, not a whole lot of difference in pain relief between an ibuprofen 800mg and hydrocodone. Thing is you wont die or become addicted to ibuprofen. People who are in great deal of pain, still have pain with either one...so take the one that won't kill you. Common sense.

November 23, 2010 at 2:32 pm | Report abuse |
  139. Like That

Like I said before, maybe you missed it. B.S. How you gonna holla drug problem bout some pills when you been smoking crack for years. You people need to get real. Everyone talking like that some real s**t he saying.

November 23, 2010 at 2:31 pm | Report abuse |
  140. tony

people are always talkin mess, yall wouldnt be sayn nuttin if he was next to yall. Leave tha man alone an get a life.

November 23, 2010 at 2:27 pm | Report abuse |
  141. mac

Aint nobody perfect so dnt judge if T.I came tew everyone block an did sum10 good where would da negativita come frm

November 23, 2010 at 2:21 pm | Report abuse |
  142. nishera

Excuse me but who are any of you to judge him. Everybody has sinned and just bc you have never been an addict doesnt make you any better than him. And besides he really doesnt care what ya'll think he gonna make his money regardless bc he has fans like me that knows everybody makes mistakes nobody is perfect!

November 23, 2010 at 2:20 pm | Report abuse |
  143. Grogan

You're only an addict if Yu admit there's a problem.....he just let the whole world know his business.m.....damn shame.....

November 23, 2010 at 2:16 pm | Report abuse |
  144. karek40

It seems that acquiring fame and fortune adversely impacts a number of (if not most) people, perhaps we should not aspire to achieve that elite status. You can handle it, yeah right.

November 23, 2010 at 2:02 pm | Report abuse |
  145. druski

i'm a huge TI fan but he did leave himself open for trouble. I'll still ride with him though. Also, that IDIOT up there who made the comment for him to "Go Back to Africa" needs a foot in his racist a@! Hold ya head TI

November 23, 2010 at 2:02 pm | Report abuse |
    • Avon Barksdale

THANK YOU druski!! For a minute I thought I was the only one who noticed that comment!

November 23, 2010 at 2:46 pm | Report abuse |
  146. LISALISA

Anyone with an addiction deserves support and sometimes sympathy as well. It is entertaining to me how people sit back and read these news articles and quickly start preaching about how he should behave and he should have learned his lesson. All I can say is until you have walked a mile in someones shoes you shouldn't judge ANYONE! I know the power of an addiction and how it can turn an incredibly wonderful person into an unrecognizable monster. T.I. needs support from his family and his fans. Remember this...when you start criticising others for the bad things they do, when you least expect it someone you love or maybe even you can find himself on the other end of someones joke! Karma is a mother ****** and it will bite you in your butt. So while you're sitting on the other side of your computer, we may not be able to know who you are or what you're doing, but GOD knows....and God don't like ugly!

November 23, 2010 at 1:56 pm | Report abuse |
  147. Pilot123

Yet another report from CNN about a rapper in trouble. WE DON'T CARE !

November 23, 2010 at 1:55 pm | Report abuse |
  148. Pammy

Leave TI the hell alone!!!!! At least he was man enough 2 admit that he has a problem with popping pills. And he has a down a$$ chick that got his back and people just need 2 worry about themselves. TI I still luv ya and let the haters hate while i'm going 2 congratulate.

November 23, 2010 at 1:54 pm | Report abuse |
  149. CSnord

Wow, a rapper (I would call him a musician, but rap has nothing to do with music - entertainer, maybe) with a drug problem? I'm shocked. I mean, who would have thought it? Surely our entertainers are role models for us and, as such, would never engage in illegal or destructive behavior. Would they?

November 23, 2010 at 1:48 pm | Report abuse |
  150. Bob

Painpills (opiates) kill more people than all other drugs combined (crack,coke,marijuana,heroin)

Ban them, take an asprin!!!

November 23, 2010 at 1:46 pm | Report abuse |
    • CSnord

...and when aspirin (and other NSAIDs) are ineffective, your prescription would be what?

November 23, 2010 at 1:53 pm | Report abuse |
  151. Samantha

and the person that says they take the same amount of oxy a day for 5 years, bunk. they have a shelf life and the longer u take them the same dosage no longer works the same, neither for pain control or getting the high. taking them daily u always have to take more and more to get the relief or high so i highly doubt u are on same dosage. anyway, u can't get high off oxycontin any longer because of the new coating, they should put that on all pain pills and stop these idiots from getting the high.

November 23, 2010 at 1:45 pm | Report abuse |
  152. BigAzSteele

For some reason Rush Limbaugh, Paula Abdul, Lindsey Lohan, Steven Tyler and other non black celebrities come to mind. I'm not sure how this became only a Black or Hip Hop issue? I still get a good laugh from the ignorant comments. An Amoeba has a deeper thought process than most in here.

November 23, 2010 at 1:44 pm | Report abuse |
  153. Avon Barksdale

Like I said before "samantha". Bring yo ass to the A or 79th street in Chicago and say the same thing. THAT'S WHAT I THOUGHT.

November 23, 2010 at 1:42 pm | Report abuse |
  154. Bob

ARE MOST OF YOU PEOPLE STUPID OR WHAT? Painkillers, such as hydrocodone, oxycodone, (any opiate based pain pill) are killing people everywhere! I don't know where most of you people live, but come to the South, Kentucky, Tennessee, Georgia, Florida, etc. It's everywhere here!!! If you can't get your Dr. to prescribe it, then just hop in the car and drive to Florida, where you can get it legally at any of the thousands of legal pain pill clinics (what a joke!) Ask any health care professional that works in an emergency room. Over half the people that enter are over doses or trying to get pain pills!!! The media ignores this and when people die around here, they don't even mention that it was a pain pill overdose... it's like it's a big secret or something. I have personally known 5 people who overdosed and died and I know probably 50 more that are highly addicted to it and can't quit!!! Wake up and ban these!!!! If you have pain take some damn Ibuprofen or Tylenol!!

November 23, 2010 at 1:39 pm | Report abuse |
  155. alabama *10*

Alright Sardeens!!!!!!!! Chuck how doin?? How's ur bunny?????

November 23, 2010 at 1:38 pm | Report abuse |
  156. tenacious

First step to recovery is admitting that you have a problem... Be strong TI !!!!. Miller...you're just upset because you found out that TI was your half brother. His mom was the person that your dad really wanted to marry....heheheheheh!!!!!!

November 23, 2010 at 1:35 pm | Report abuse |
  157. Avon Barksdale

You white boys be talkin mad s**t behind them computers. I bet anything none of ya'll would come to BANKHEAD in the A or THE SOUTH SIDE of CHICAGO and talk that s**t!

November 23, 2010 at 1:33 pm | Report abuse |
    • Samantha

hey yo, u talking dat smack behind dat computer? u come to my burb in the wee lil town in alabama and i smack u around with my dish rag and won't give u no apple pie, u feel me homey da clown?

November 23, 2010 at 1:42 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mac

WOW you want to talk about Race Card Samantha, but you'll be obviously stereotypical because someone seems black? Did you miss your Clan meeting today or something?

November 23, 2010 at 1:46 pm | Report abuse |
  158. Alias

I suffered through constant pain until after the same dental work when I was prescribed Hydrocodone. Shortly thereafter I cut a deal with my Dr. to random testing, pill counts etc...to continue with Oxycodone at a lower dosage. Nearly 5 years later I still take half of the lowest dosage every other day or two.

Do I love the way I feel when I take it? That requires a two-fold answer. Yes I love the 'high' but more importantly I love that it takes the edge off my pain so I can spend more than 8-10 hours a day out of bed.

My Dr has never spotted me or checked how many I have left and I have still never taken more than 1 between sleep cycles. Another thing to consider is that I live in a rural area where bus and taxi service are not practical and I cannot afford to lose my drivers license.

If I was the US drug chief? I would push to lock everybody up and don't let them out until they rat out on their suppliers!

Throught a painful look back in history we must recall, John Belushi, River Phoenix, Marilyn Monroe, Heath Ledger,Elvis Presley, Jimi Hendrix, Jim Morrison, Janis Joplin, Chris Farley,Donyale Luna,Judy Garland, Paula Yates, Billie Holiday, Dr. Dre's son, Andre Young Jr, rapper Eyedea, Greg Giraldo, almost Fantasia Barrino and many others are gone but only WE pay with the loss of their talent.

November 23, 2010 at 1:31 pm | Report abuse |
    • Samantha

lol, if ur dentist can't fix dental pain in 5 years u may um need another dentist. wow pull them puppies and get dentures.....or just enjoy your oxys i guess.

November 23, 2010 at 1:40 pm | Report abuse |
  159. F1G

" you’ve got to assume that there is something fundamentally wrong with your thought process.”

Yes, that would explain a lot.

November 23, 2010 at 1:30 pm | Report abuse |
  160. Like that

Like most crap in the media, this is some B.S. What about all those years smoking crack? From someone from the A who Know that LAME from the streets. Get at me.

November 23, 2010 at 1:25 pm | Report abuse |
  161. Mac

if this would've been someone....say....taylor swift. It'd be a different story. "It's GREAT taylor has admitted her issue. I hope she gets better soon!". Hypocrites....

November 23, 2010 at 1:24 pm | Report abuse |
    • samantha

go play yo race card someplace else, k? hey yo? ever seen how much lindsay lohan gets attacked? addicts are just fun to put down, they do it to themselfs u know? we suppose to care? bless the addicts hearts, boo hoo, cry me a river.

November 23, 2010 at 1:33 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mac

@Samatha: It's funny because I'm actually WHITE. So what race card?

November 23, 2010 at 1:44 pm | Report abuse |
  162. Samantha

u know they changed the coating on oxy contin so you can't get the euphoria on them anymore. *cough* thats what i hear anyway. *cough* haha no i don't take em, have friends addicted to that shiat. and they so sad they changed the coating.

November 23, 2010 at 1:23 pm | Report abuse |
  163. babybirdlibra

Just waiting on Tiny to admit her addiction and then they will be one step closer to working on a healthy marriage. I don't condemn him everyone goes through something its all in how you proceed to fix the situation or not. I hope he learns from this and discovers enough is enough because your average offender on the streets would have been hooked lined and sank a long time ago.

November 23, 2010 at 1:20 pm | Report abuse |
  164. jon

oh well. he'll be out in a year, kick the habit and then go back to making millions. sorry, haters.

November 23, 2010 at 1:16 pm | Report abuse |
  165. Mike

A rapper has a drug problem....no way!!!!!

November 23, 2010 at 1:15 pm | Report abuse |
    • BigAzSteele

A white conservative radio host with a pill addiction problem, No Way!!!! LOL!!!

November 23, 2010 at 1:49 pm | Report abuse |
    • Gordo

haha, ya know mike, funny thing is....THERE ARE PLENTY OF RAPPERS WITHOUT DRUG PROBLEMS!!! check out Lecrae, GRITS, Group 1 Crew, R-swift.......they have a choice....they chose the sanctified life.....

November 23, 2010 at 2:18 pm | Report abuse |
  166. LiberalNN

Yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo! Yo! You shouldn't be poppin those pills yo!

November 23, 2010 at 1:06 pm | Report abuse |
  167. Missy frm cordele ga

Yall haters.dis man doin some crazy stuff dat he will learn from but instead of sayin something to help dis man and up lift him u puttin him down kick rocks to all t.i haters

November 23, 2010 at 1:04 pm | Report abuse |
  168. yomama@aol.com

A rapper with a drug problem. SHOCKER

November 23, 2010 at 1:03 pm | Report abuse |
  169. charmedaz

it's common knowledge these things are addictive, what goes wrong is we think we are fine normal people, have surgeries etc, get prescribed the drugs and of course we take them b/c we are hurting...its all normal and he shouldnt be blasted for taking medecine after a lot of painful procedures. Where it went wrong is not having the control to stop when you are better..and is that his fault or everyone around him as well? drs know when they prescribe these things they are habit forming, i think there should be a system in place automatically for when a dr knows someone will have to be on them for xx amount of time.
    now i am not blaming the dr, ti is the one who took it to abuse after a certain point, but think about people who have to go thru multiple surgeries for various things (my friend has had 5 back surgeries in one year to try to correct problems from a crash) which leads to long amts of time on these medecines that are habit forming. its almost inevitable that certain percentages of people will come out of it with an addiction :(

November 23, 2010 at 1:01 pm | Report abuse |
  170. Dentist

I agree and I hope he overcomes his addiction....
    How does he pass a drug test and continue to play football?
    He should leave the Bengals and check into rehab!
    Good Luck Dude.....

November 23, 2010 at 12:53 pm | Report abuse |
  171. Papin

Bravo T.I
    Pa' lante papa

November 23, 2010 at 12:51 pm | Report abuse |
  172. Angie

Moral of the story: brush your teeth.

November 23, 2010 at 12:49 pm | Report abuse |
  173. shannon g

Oh wait T.I., let me get my violin, please start over with the addiction story...

November 23, 2010 at 12:45 pm | Report abuse |
  174. sonylegend

T.I. is a Boule illuminati sell out who gets it in the ass on the regular basis..... all the rappers and mainstream artists and entertainers are now sellouts.... http://WWW.SONYLEGEND.COM

November 23, 2010 at 12:44 pm | Report abuse |
  175. DBOX

new track feat t.i http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sH4zZctQPb8 enjoy

November 23, 2010 at 12:43 pm | Report abuse |
  176. denslow

Oxy for dental work and 7 or 8 in couple months and in prison? okay. yeah, okay. he sure ain't going to get better if he keeps lying about his habit.

November 23, 2010 at 12:41 pm | Report abuse |
  177. Wifeof6figureHubby

dentist DO TEND to hand out those drugs like candy. people of various races DO TEND to become addicted to those very same drugs.all of you racist S.O.B.'S NEED TO STFU! GO BACK TO ENGLAND AND GIVE THE NATIVE AMERICANS BACK AMERICA YOU DECENDENTS OF THIEVES, MURDERERS, AND CAST OFFS! i don't know if this is a ploy to get a reduced sentence (which happens when you rehab during jail time) or he really has a problem, either way i commend him because admittance is the first step.

November 23, 2010 at 12:39 pm | Report abuse |
  178. Hi Nee Hole

Just to set the record straight. Celebs can get whatever they want from doctors. I know celebs who pay anywhere from 500 to 1000 bucks and they are prescribed anything they want. Oxycontin, Xanax, perks etc. etc. scripts are written for actors, musicians and anyone else who has the cash. They can get whatever they want at any time of day. People think that doctors may great money and they would never do something unethical like that. Well, I got news for you. Doctors have to pay off their school loans and raise their family, pay for kids education, etc. and amny will not pass up a quick 1000bucks just to write a script. It's the normal every day working average Joe's who aren't given the pain meds by doctors because there is no incentive for the doctor

November 23, 2010 at 12:37 pm | Report abuse |
  179. addict boo boo

I am a recovering addict. t.i. is admitting to him having an addiction ..an illness, and thats what it is. why is everyone knocking him down for having to admit hes human and needs help? everyone who wrote all these negative things need to take a long look n the mirror and ask yourselves whats going on in your lives that u have to talk bad and tear people down. dont you have better things u should be doing? Like trying to find positives in your own lives.

November 23, 2010 at 12:36 pm | Report abuse |
    • T.I. Fan

They seem to forget that he is human, they see him as being rich and that's it, no matter how much money the man has as you said he is HUMAN and people need to step back and realize that, he has now admitted it so hopefully he will go on do the rest of his time and come out a better human in the end.

November 23, 2010 at 9:09 pm | Report abuse |
    • I Just Don't Get It I Guess

I never read message boards, but when I saw this on CNN I decided to read it. Why?? Because I just came out of a long term treatment center for addiction. My substance of choice wasn't the same, but it was nasty and I don't wish it on anyone. The good news is, I am six months clean, and thanks to my program have lost most of my judgements about people. It's too bad some of the "perfect" people out there don't have a program to become greater human beings lol. And it's amazing that addiction strikes 1 in 6 here in Canada, I can only assume it's close to the same there, and yet it appears that almost everyone on hear has never been touched by addiction. Way to go!!!! I guess "perfect" people read CNN online! Thanks for letting me share my bit. Sorry I'm not perfect ;)

November 24, 2010 at 11:18 pm | Report abuse |
  180. nutt22

Keep ur head up T I

November 23, 2010 at 12:33 pm | Report abuse |
  181. monobot

I'm usually the person in these comments making fun of the article, but this time I do feel bad for the guy. I've been addicted to pills, I was taking eight to ten 10mg hydrocodone a day for about a year or so, my total periods of dependency spanned a few years, but my love affair started when I was a teenager. I just didn't have the means to a consistent supply of vicodin until my late 20's (thank you internet pharmacies). The withdrawls from the pills sucks, for sure. But what is worse is the nagging desire for opiates long after you quit. I haven't been dependent for a long time but I'm still an addict, the nagging feeling is there, probably will be forever. It is truly a demon. You literally forget how to live without the pills, you become afraid whether you know it or not.

My resolve to not be an addict is that I have a wife and I want to have children some day, I have to be a good man to both. It isn't easy but I'm doing it and it is good to not feel numb all the time. You have to make a decision, you have to do what is right for yourself.

But this guy has a lot of money and certainly the means to the drugs he wants. I hope he is strong because he will need to be if he wants to stay clean, he will be battling this all his life and it only gets worse if he keeps taking the pills. He will have to learn who he is again, he will have to learn how to satisfy his drug craving in healthier ways. Fortunately for him he can afford treatment, I had to do this on my own.

November 23, 2010 at 12:32 pm | Report abuse |
    • raj

monobot, thank you for sharing your story. you seem like a smart, articulate guy. yeah, addiction is addiction whether street drugs or stuff you get at the drugstore or wherever. where you get it or what cost or legal/illegal is just incidental to the issue of addiction. what you described in your experience is quite accurate regardless whether one is addicted to alcohol, weed, coke, heroin, nicotine, or painkillers or whatever really, exercise or food or work or a person. i think you nailed it pretty well when speaking about the void that lingers long after you stop. that is truly the real demon as you noted. and keeping that demon at bay is a whole activity and life pursuit in itself.

November 23, 2010 at 1:13 pm | Report abuse |
  182. Odalice Yolanda Feliz

an other Eminem, glad he is getting help, 1st step is to admit to it.

November 23, 2010 at 12:28 pm | Report abuse |
  183. crime

R U SEROIUS BRO.I USED DRUGS BEFORE U CANT BLAME THE DRUG BLAME WHO MAKING IT.U KNEW I NEW WE ALL KNOW DRUG R HARMFUL.& IF UR GANA SMOKE BLUNTS SMOKE IN UR CRIB.I DO.DONT GIVE THEM A REASON TO ARREST YOU.PEACE(CRIME4LIFE)

November 23, 2010 at 12:27 pm | Report abuse |
  184. dirtyred92

Well T.I. has done alot of good things out there that people never hear or read about. He also has done some questionable things too. These types of drugs are very addicting and he is not the only one who has had this problem. easy to judge someone like T.I. but we all have some things that we are not proud of and it would be interesting to see how many of us would share them with the public........

November 23, 2010 at 12:24 pm | Report abuse |
  185. lavonda harris

I have the same problem and sometimes i just want to talk 2 someone about it but i cant i just want to feel better an that whats make me feel better an T.I dont worry if ur wife is beside u 100% im ur fan 100% just put it n the lord hands he will make a way 4 us with much love....

November 23, 2010 at 12:22 pm | Report abuse |
    • Gordo

Im the product of 12 months of the Lord taking away my addiction....cuz idk if anyone knows, but man cant do it by themselves and STAY out of it....cuz in all reality, addiction is deeper than the feeling of the drug....addiction is deeper than the drug itself....if TI trusts in God, he'll be just fine....good word Vonda....

November 23, 2010 at 2:11 pm | Report abuse |
  186. Fiver

Just because you know something is addictive doesn't mean you won't get addicted to it, moron. You know any cigarette smokers that had no idea? Also, some people take opiates for weeks and don't get addicted at all, some people's bodies and brains are different and can start showi symptoms of addiction after 2 days.

November 23, 2010 at 12:18 pm | Report abuse |
  187. Shae of MN

3yrs ago, same thing happen to me its very easy to become addicted to hydrocodone, but what kind of doctor give you oxycontin and Hydrocodone?? T.I. Just do your time Boo ...

November 23, 2010 at 12:17 pm | Report abuse |
  188. jamie a

Look everyone is diff.my body your body is diff no reacts to meds the same. Keep your head up t.i.

November 23, 2010 at 12:16 pm | Report abuse |
  189. Peter

Oxy for dental work? Right.....

November 23, 2010 at 12:15 pm | Report abuse |
    • Nathan

Oxy being prescribed for dental isn't that amazing. My dad had several extractions at once, guess what they gave him???? Yup....whole bottle of oxy.

November 23, 2010 at 12:46 pm | Report abuse |
  190. Adriell

All thats cool T.i. but dont you think riding around with them while on Federal Probation is just alittle stupid? Man up!a

November 23, 2010 at 12:15 pm | Report abuse |
  191. jimmy

thizz what it izz

November 23, 2010 at 12:14 pm | Report abuse |
  192. Masterphi

Lol

November 23, 2010 at 12:13 pm | Report abuse |
  193. Gordo

Who is anyone to say anything about him? People should look at their own faults before pointing the finger....we all have fallen short.....no one is going to be perfect...he deserves a chance to redeem himself just as every other human....have more grace...God knows you obviously have had your fair share....question is do you acknowledge it and admit you dont deserve it??

November 23, 2010 at 12:12 pm | Report abuse |
    • Joe (Seattle)

What?! That's crazy talk! People that comment on message boards online about things that don't affect them whatsoever are always PERFECT in every where. They've never made any mistakes!!! They have every right to sit at their computers and criticize people they have never met and know nothing about because they are perfect!

November 23, 2010 at 12:21 pm | Report abuse |
  194. pamela

when one can admit to having a problem that is the beginning of recovery. if drugs have never been a problem then i suggest alanon meeting to help you understand. to be able to say i have a problem is huge thankyou TI for your honesty.

November 23, 2010 at 12:08 pm | Report abuse |
    • T.I. Fan

I must say I didn't think I'd see a comment on here thanking the man for admitting his addictions and I agree that is the first step towards recovery is admitting it, he has now admitted to what he has a problem with so now hopefully he will keep his head up and keep going in the right direction.

November 23, 2010 at 8:59 pm | Report abuse |
  195. Nikki

I'm guessing that T.I had a drug problem long before he got dental surgery. What about the ectasy pills the cops found in the car...Did the dentist prescribe those too(sarcastic)...

November 23, 2010 at 12:07 pm | Report abuse |
  196. james

Can you have six, seven, eight root canals? I really don't know but that seems like an awful lot. But I've had to take hydrocodone and oxycontin for four weeks of pain from a shoulder replacement. I put them down as soon as I didn't need them. I suspect this has nothing to do with dental surgery or prescription medication. He's just another rap punk trying to drum up some more schtreet cred.

November 23, 2010 at 12:06 pm | Report abuse |
    • Cruddy

That was good. No one is going to give him street cred for taking drugs! You are funny though!

November 23, 2010 at 12:27 pm | Report abuse |
  197. et

Stop haten on T.I you haters y'all praise him when he's doin good but kick him when he's down y'all suck

November 23, 2010 at 12:04 pm | Report abuse |
    • E

I feel you. Wait till he gets out. Tha dick riding will commense once again. Let tha man serve his time, let him get tha help he need and instead of bashing him on websites, uplift him cause im sure before he got locked up his cd was in ur player or his album is on ur Ipod. So dont stunt on tha man because he doin jail time....AGAIN!

November 23, 2010 at 12:37 pm | Report abuse |
    • Cuso

Actually TI is one of the worst things to ever happen to hip hop.

November 23, 2010 at 1:28 pm | Report abuse |
    • Elle

Now thats something I agree with and for the record it's possible to become additcted to ANYthing just in case you super smart ppl were not aware of that! oan: hope i spelled everything right since theres a english teacher/spell doctor reading blogs now lmsao.

November 23, 2010 at 4:35 pm | Report abuse |
  198. judy

t.i is a trip grow up you got kids u need to be a role model.....

November 23, 2010 at 12:03 pm | Report abuse |
  199. Chad Vene

In other news, Obama admitted to being black, and Captain Crunch admitted to lying about his military record.

November 23, 2010 at 12:02 pm | Report abuse |
  200. Cuso

For a guy who raps about selling drugs he really doesn't know much about them!!!!!

November 23, 2010 at 11:58 am | Report abuse |
  201. Funny I had those two and didn't get hooked

I had major dental surgery and got those same two prescriptions, funny I didn't like those pills, they make you feel funny. That's a feel I for one did not like, how do people get hooked on those pills is beyond me.

November 23, 2010 at 11:57 am | Report abuse |
    • monobot

yeah some people it doesn't do much for. For me, when I take those pills I feel a sense of warmth, bliss, a really nice body high, I feel secure and energized. It is a feeling I never want to go away. Many people get that same feeling and that is why they become addicted.

Interestingly though, I've done coke a few times and I don't really see the big draw to that, I actually didn't really even like it. Also I smoked for a couple years and had no problem quitting that. But the pills were a different story..

November 23, 2010 at 12:39 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jdiddy

Lost in this whole story is the fact that he had super jacked up teeth. That really sucks for him. Drugs are the least of his problem.

November 23, 2010 at 1:24 pm | Report abuse |
  202. Dorothy

What he need to do is sit in Jail be QUIET. He talks to much.

November 23, 2010 at 11:56 am | Report abuse |
  203. Dorothy

Just sit in Jail and be QUIET!! He talks to much.

November 23, 2010 at 11:53 am | Report abuse |
    • slaka

You should do the same!!!

November 23, 2010 at 12:58 pm | Report abuse |
    • Stupid

It's talk TOO much. If you're going to comment, comment correctly.

November 23, 2010 at 1:00 pm | Report abuse |
    • kinger10

ok just shut up why do u people just go on and then tell other people how to comment? why dont u do something with your life? You might see that its actually good to go outside ya bunch of nerds!!!

November 23, 2010 at 1:38 pm | Report abuse |
  204. Robbie

Those aren't drugs! Those are prescription pills!

November 23, 2010 at 11:52 am | Report abuse |
    • monobot

Dumbest comment ever.

Pain killers don't effect everyone the same way. Some people get sick to their stomach, some just fall asleep, and some people (like myself) find that they aren't too helpful for pain, but they do provide me with energy and a very peaceful and blissful warm body high that I want to experience all the time.

Yeah, it is medicine, but it is also a drug, don't ever think it isn't. I'm not saying pain killers are bad or aren't helpful.

November 23, 2010 at 12:36 pm | Report abuse |
  205. Lisa

we know why he is in jail, just dont' be stupid and think T.I. had no idea oxy contin was addictive. yeah right!

November 23, 2010 at 11:46 am | Report abuse |
  206. Samantha

I hear you Truth, I mean nobody knows Opiates are addictive right?

November 23, 2010 at 11:45 am | Report abuse |
  207. b a

He got caught with extacy not pain killers. nice excuse tho for the people who dont know why hes in jail

November 23, 2010 at 11:45 am | Report abuse |
    • Helena of Troy

Tiny was charged with the extasy not TI. He was carged with having oxycodone that wasn't prescribed to him. Just FYI

November 23, 2010 at 12:04 pm | Report abuse |
    • Howdshedodat?

This article is based on an interview with T.I. before he got caught with drugs in his car.

November 23, 2010 at 12:28 pm | Report abuse |
    • Spell Checker

Ecstasy you mean! What a lameee...lol

November 23, 2010 at 12:43 pm | Report abuse |
  208. TRUTH

LOL @ TI! Now that you got caught, you admit to being an addict...ok...sorry bud, no sympathy for ya here....

November 23, 2010 at 11:42 am | Report abuse |
    • Kreash

LOL! I agree! Now that he has been caught he is addicted. He was pulled over with syrup in his cup, he knows the pill game!

November 23, 2010 at 12:27 pm | Report abuse |
    • the prophet

@ truth he didnt get caught with meds he got caught with x and codine knowwhat you are talking about before you speak on it.

November 23, 2010 at 1:10 pm | Report abuse |
  209. Samantha

yeah right T.I. like u didn't know it was addictive and like u ain't popped them before. yeah right

November 23, 2010 at 11:32 am | Report abuse |
    • slaka

How do you know Samantha?

November 23, 2010 at 12:57 pm | Report abuse |
    • Tay

YOU KNOW.... These rap dudes & fake azz thugs are really starting to irritate the heck out of me....Com'on SON, a drug problem, because you got cought while on probation taking drugs; that you've been taking since teenage years...wasn't an addiction then...Just grow up & be responsible & not such a cheapskate & hire a driver...FOH TI you're an IDIOT!

November 23, 2010 at 2:12 pm | Report abuse |
    • brian

tay and you know hes been doing them since teen years how?
      Ive had a few friends get injured in sports that have taken pain killers and got addicted.
      That stuff is addicting, and getting that much mouth work.. he probably did get those very strong/addictive painkillers.
      Doesnt make it right to be doing them for fun, but probably was addicted.
      the "fake azz thugs", i dont know if you think your a "thug" or not, but considering in 2006 his entourage got shot up, his friend/assistant died, then got arrested for buying machine guns.. but right "fake thug"

November 23, 2010 at 4:40 pm | Report abuse |
    • Chris

The first step to helping your addiction is admitting that you have a problem. I hope now T.I. gets the help he needs.

November 23, 2010 at 8:59 pm | Report abuse |
    • K dubb

Bottom line... "fake thug" or "real thug"... T.I and Tiny should know better... I mean who is the adult in these situations?!? They have their own children, as well as other people's children looking up to them. They need to be adults and grow the hell up!!! I'm tired of hearing excuses and apologizes. No sympathy over here....

November 24, 2010 at 9:06 am | Report abuse |
    • aatami

Samantha, you stupid cow. You have no understanding of the disease of addiction. Do us all a favor and take a long walk off a short pier.

November 25, 2010 at 10:26 am | Report abuse |