Wahlberg: Yeah, 'The Happening' was pretty bad...
November 23rd, 2010

Wahlberg: Yeah, 'The Happening' was pretty bad...

Though he tried to remain mysterious, Mark Wahlberg couldn't help but reveal the name of his worst movie during a recent press conference.

Promoting his new drama "The Fighter," Wahlberg told reporters that he and co-star Amy Adams had previously met to discuss doing a different project together that turned out to be a box-office dud.

"We had actually had the luxury of having lunch before to talk about another movie and it was a bad movie that I did," Wahlberg said, taking care not to reveal the title. "She dodged the bullet. And then I was still able to… I don’t want to tell you what movie… alright 'The Happening.' F- it."

The plot of Shyamalan's 2008 bomb involves nature turning against humans and causing them to take their lives. Wahlberg, best known for playing blue-collar characters, starred as a science teacher in the film.

"It is what it is," said 39-year-old Wahlberg. "F-ing trees, man. The plants. F– it. You can’t blame me for not wanting to try to play a science teacher. At least I wasn’t playing a cop or a crook."

Post by:
Filed under: Celebrities • movies

1. winstrol

hey marquee.blogs.cnn.com and thank you to your info I have definitely picked up anything new from right here. I did on the other hand experience several technical points the use of this website, since I experienced to reload the site many instances previous to I could get it to load correctly. I were thinking about if your web host is OK?

December 4, 2011 at 2:36 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Lucy

I enjoyed the movie b/c it was different, what a clever way to point out that what we do to the environment has consequences! Do not like all of Wahlberg's movies but there are definately some killer ones but mainly when the rest of the cast is great. I did lose some respect for him as a person by his comment of the movie, it was tasteless and unprofessional even if that is how he feels. After all, actors don't get paid to knock their employer and fans! The "talking to the fake plant scene was f-n hilarious!!!

January 30, 2011 at 9:21 pm | Report abuse |
  3. tom thomas

"The Happening" made my pee-pee hard!

November 25, 2010 at 2:24 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Miko1023

I bought and loved The Happening...i watch it over and over. M.Night Shymlan makes you think outside the box. I happen to love suspense and thrillers..SIGNS....I watch..over and over..LADY IN THE WATER..who wants to continue to watch the same plot over and over..Before he beacme a successful actor..he was a rapper...wasnt many white rappers who tried..but he did..Now..for my two all time favs..THE DEAPARTED..and WE OWN THE NIGHT..your crazy if you say..Mark..isnt a good actor..your right..hes GREAT...him NICHOLSON..and DICAPRIO..come on..him and MATT DAMON...JACK NICHOLSON...MARTIN SHEEN..their were top actors and actresses...Mark..dont sell yourself short...you ahave had a great run..and more to come....

November 25, 2010 at 1:10 pm | Report abuse |
  5. karla

He's not bad in the movie. He was in a bad movie.

November 25, 2010 at 10:03 am | Report abuse |
  6. Michelle

All actors at some point have a flop of a movie. It's not all about the actors. There are alot of other ppl that go into making a movie who you will never see.

November 25, 2010 at 9:51 am | Report abuse |
  7. Mandy

I think it wasn't the best movie, but I have to admit Mark is one of my favorite actors! I think his role was well acted in this movie although it wasn't the sharpest movie! Can't get enough of his movies and I'm looking foward to his new movie the Fighter coming out!!

November 25, 2010 at 7:21 am | Report abuse |
  8. E-Dub

Loved basketball diaries, fear, four brothers, lovely bones and the happening was good until the end.

November 24, 2010 at 3:38 pm | Report abuse |
  9. young diddy

The happening sad to spend priceless momemts of an already short life viewing such grotecaries on a lighter note nope there is none just as god aweful as gili,the gamer and cloverfield

November 24, 2010 at 3:14 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Bryan

Yeah, no crap buddy. That movie was awful.

November 24, 2010 at 2:34 pm | Report abuse |
  11. jillmarie

Didn't dislike the movie, didn't love it but... LOVE that he admitted he thought it was a bad movie!!!

November 24, 2010 at 12:54 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Little Red Riding Hood

I love Maaky Maak but admittedly Planet of the Apes was baaad. Not even Charlton Heston's cameo could ressurect that mess.

November 24, 2010 at 11:55 am | Report abuse |
  13. Little Red Riding Hood

"M Knight Shabadoo". LOL

Sixth Sense was fantastic even though the kid's whining got on my nerves after a while. Signs was the best one in my opinion. LOVED Joaquin Phoenix. Mel Gibson was great in it too dealing with a crisis of faith. Beautiful. Unbreakable was a good one... "they call me Mr Glass". Lately M Night's been shooting air balls and missing the basket. Getting too goofy. And what does the "M" stand for anyway?

November 24, 2010 at 11:51 am | Report abuse |
  14. Odalice Yolanda Feliz

wow, wish I would of seen it....but if it was bad why bother.

November 24, 2010 at 11:42 am | Report abuse |
  15. Julian

My wife didn't like it at all but I did. My little girl has a new fb page. Stinkyfeetgurlz

November 24, 2010 at 11:20 am | Report abuse |
  16. Frank

I thot this mvie was cool!

November 24, 2010 at 11:14 am | Report abuse |
  17. Sue Harris

It wasn't THAT bad, and you've more than made up for it with 'In Treatment.'

November 24, 2010 at 10:22 am | Report abuse |
  18. Izzy

Rock Star was his best movie. Long live Steele Dragon.

November 24, 2010 at 10:05 am | Report abuse |
  19. C

Even with an odd story "The Happening" could have worked. The big problem is that Shyamalan cannot direct and that he rarely gets good acting even out of good actors/actresses. Give that script to a good director(even with those same actors) and the movie could have been at least alright, at least IMO.

November 24, 2010 at 9:47 am | Report abuse |
  20. Mikey G

Shammma-lammma-ling-long sucks. Signs wasn't even that good. He had good casting in that one, bout' it.
    Now.. Invincible and possible Sixth Sense were his best, but nothing since. My hatred started around the Village and possibly that fairy tale krap he did with the lady in the water......suckfest.

November 24, 2010 at 9:26 am | Report abuse |
  21. sad

Every time I see an M.Night sign I wait for the bootleg. But, I really liked the Last Airbender, so much that I wanted to pay to see it again for the actors(actresses) sake.

November 24, 2010 at 9:22 am | Report abuse |
  22. jamie a

Mark is right! That movie sucked!!!!!

November 24, 2010 at 9:13 am | Report abuse |
  23. Pablo Hack

Lots of crap out there lately. Shamy needs to team up with another big name director for his next project. He just can't seem to get the audience behind his past few releases and has dug himself quite a hole with so many bombs. Throw in Lucas, Cohen Bros, Fincher, someone that can pull off a crazy new concept. Booze it up!!

November 24, 2010 at 8:48 am | Report abuse |
  24. AO

The Happening was not a bad movie although this line would have made it much better....."Hey there tree! Those are a lot of leaves you have. Say hello to your mother for me"

November 24, 2010 at 8:40 am | Report abuse |
  25. newstwist

I think the movie was alright too except the actors did not how to carry it. It was like wooden actors against woods!

November 24, 2010 at 8:37 am | Report abuse |
  26. Joe Kenadee

The movie could've been Great if dude would let go of the "shocking plot twist" ending and just write a whole f***ing movie and leave the plot twist element out since it clearly doesn't work for him anymore. Then again maybe he is a one hit wonder since every movie he has done since sixth sense has pretty much been a rehash of that same plot! Yes I know avatar wasn't but he took a great story that took three years to unfold and made it suck in less than two hours. =(

November 24, 2010 at 8:35 am | Report abuse |
  27. Nat

I think Mark Wahlberg should have been nominated s exiest man!!

November 24, 2010 at 7:29 am | Report abuse |
  28. Plastic Plant

Mark and Zooey ruined the film ........I deserve an academy award for my role...

November 24, 2010 at 6:58 am | Report abuse |
  29. otsh

I'm ready a lot of comments of how people thought the idea was good and original. When I first saw it all I could think about from the beginning of the film was it ripped Stephen Kings' "The Cell". Just, you know, with plants and flowers.

November 24, 2010 at 5:40 am | Report abuse |
  30. Rim

I'd say blame the (not)happening on M. Nyghtshabababa..."Started with a spark now he's just garbage." Everything has gone drastically down hill since he killed off an alien invasion with (shaking my head) water.

November 24, 2010 at 5:25 am | Report abuse |
  31. Vanessa

He should have played a plumber and the plot could have been the pipes against humans, "it's the pipes!"

November 24, 2010 at 4:44 am | Report abuse |
  32. Drew

I didn't think that movie was that bad. But I'm just a little old hipster from Green Bay with no job and no future

November 24, 2010 at 4:20 am | Report abuse |
  33. Lizzard

100 comments & not one mention of "Three Kings". Shame on u ppl! Oh & "Lady in the Water" is by FAR Shymalan's worst film.

November 24, 2010 at 3:52 am | Report abuse |
  34. jay

I liked the movie. The only thing I didn't like was that Zoey girl I thought she was a horrible actress. Dirk Diggler should of slapped her his his 18' inch shut yo mouth.... ;)

November 24, 2010 at 3:26 am | Report abuse |
  35. Chaarlo

Mark had a high inflection in his voice at the end of every sentence in this god awefull movie.. Good actor but M Night should have caught that while filming and made him stop.. It's hands down one if the most annoying performances Mark has EVER given..

November 24, 2010 at 2:57 am | Report abuse |
  36. april

I loved the happening... I don't think there is a movie out, mark has done, that is bad. He's a great actor!

November 24, 2010 at 1:58 am | Report abuse |
  37. Justin

Finally someone agreed! I hated that movie, plot was stupid and his character was ridiculous. The acting was awful and so unreal. Marky Mark is my favorite and I was upset to see that one

November 24, 2010 at 1:51 am | Report abuse |
  38. Erica

lmfao @yvonne and @josh its too freakin funny the whole "say hi to your mother for me" every time I see him on T.V I can't help but think of that its freaking funnyyy!!! but I love how he says it!!!

November 24, 2010 at 1:38 am | Report abuse |
  39. AJ

Love the twist ending to other country! Good or bad, the writer was so creative like Lady in the Lake or The Sign. Deeper thinker is what I like about him. Soo unique!

November 24, 2010 at 12:55 am | Report abuse |
  40. It's poor taste

for an actor/actress to say his/her worst movie was...let the audience be the judge...just bring your best to the floor. By the way, I like The Happening. You can have good acting with horrible plot. The Happening would get an ok-rating. Now Solaris is a worst movie...

November 24, 2010 at 12:50 am | Report abuse |
  41. TD

M Knight should have the people that do his trailers direct his films.

November 24, 2010 at 12:36 am | Report abuse |
    • trainwreck

m knight is the reason that movie was bad...he is horribly overrated and depends onthe "twist" as his schtick...

November 24, 2010 at 12:47 am | Report abuse |
  42. TD

Wasn't Simon Rex in it.

November 24, 2010 at 12:29 am | Report abuse |
  43. TD

Forgot about Boogie Nights. Solid. I thought Signs was the most over hyped and disappointing of then all.

November 24, 2010 at 12:21 am | Report abuse |
  44. Just Jess

Are we forgetting "Boogie Nights?" I think so... That, and I thought he was decent in "The Lovely Bones." As far as M. Night Sham-a-lam-a-ding-dong is concerned, he's just an over-imaginative dude with too much time on his hands. "The Villiage" ?!?!?!?! Get real. That movie was a giant turd. On a stick.

November 24, 2010 at 12:18 am | Report abuse |
  45. amanda

I loved it lol.

November 23, 2010 at 11:56 pm | Report abuse |
  46. TD

Rockstar, Invinceable and Shooter was MW's best movies and they were well written and directed. M Knights stuff with the exception of the 6 Sense looks great in trailers but is trash at full feature. Any one who thinks any of his other movies were good should just watch them a second time.

November 23, 2010 at 11:53 pm | Report abuse |
  47. Bridget

Uh.... Mark.... I think Rock Star was 10x worse. I liked The Happening for its silliness. But come on, "Stand up and shooooooooout"?!

November 23, 2010 at 11:52 pm | Report abuse |
  48. stomby

whatt you are quite the joker the scientific explanation is full of fallacies and while mark whalberg may be one dimensional whats wrong w that think pacino people

November 23, 2010 at 11:51 pm | Report abuse |
  49. Watcher

I used to like M. Knight, but after the Happening.. I'm wondering what happened to him. The movie itself was not bad, but come on! Can I have something that's going to be worth my friggn 10 bucks. To this day I still have fits of laughter when I think about the movie. Avatar... did he just hire his whole extended family to play the fire benders? I believe they were suppose to be Chinese and Indian people can not pass as Chinese no matter how much they profess to be Asians.That cartoon series is actually good but the movie was a dud. Two more sequels.. umm.. keep your time and money M.

November 23, 2010 at 11:50 pm | Report abuse |
  50. jermdog

THE CRAPPENING, one of the most inane movies ever, i liked Signs.

November 23, 2010 at 11:43 pm | Report abuse |
  51. Dweezy

Oh, Invincible! Is that the one with the guy from New Kids on the Block? I've seen that one... It's a good one!

November 23, 2010 at 11:43 pm | Report abuse |
  52. whatt

if you think the happening is bad – then you should prolly check into a mental clinic. one of the best stories created in recent years, this is an event that could actually occur. the movie had meanings beyond its screenings – of course – as is obvious now – those too dumb to understand it will not like it.

November 23, 2010 at 11:38 pm | Report abuse |
  53. steven

Cnn isnt the place for movie reviews!

November 23, 2010 at 11:35 pm | Report abuse |
  54. babygirl

i thought the movie was OK

November 23, 2010 at 11:35 pm | Report abuse |
  55. kujo dog

M. Night is one of the best film makers of our time. Every one of my friends who are below average iq hate his movies, my friends who are smart like his movies.

November 23, 2010 at 11:34 pm | Report abuse |
  56. Lovebug

What about that dumb a$$ planet of the apes movie?

November 23, 2010 at 11:33 pm | Report abuse |
  57. caleb w

Idk, I thought The Happening was kinda fresh! But what do I know.....

November 23, 2010 at 11:15 pm | Report abuse |
  58. josh

Wahlberg is that Ish. We own the night. Four brothers. Shooter. The departed. Not to mention his genious for entourage. M night shymalan just sux. All his movies r wack.

November 23, 2010 at 11:04 pm | Report abuse |
  59. David

When I watched this movie for a second viewing, I found the absurdity somewhat comical. Once you take the – "it's just a movie" approach to watching this movie, it is actually more enjoyable. Think "Shaun of the Dead" or "Birdemic: Shock and Terror"

November 23, 2010 at 11:03 pm | Report abuse |
  60. Marco555

Different strokes, I was a fan of that movie.

November 23, 2010 at 10:46 pm | Report abuse |
  61. MrMatt

Invincible was by far his best performance. Love that movie.

November 23, 2010 at 10:09 pm | Report abuse |
  62. rk

Ever since 6 sense, Shymalayan blows

November 23, 2010 at 10:02 pm | Report abuse |
  63. snooks

Mark was great in The Departed, Rock Star, The Basketball Diaries, The Italian Job & The Perfect Storm. I'm pretty sure most if not all were very successful films. And wasn't his 1st role in Dead Poets Society? He's got an incredible body! His wife is a lucky woman!

November 23, 2010 at 10:01 pm | Report abuse |
  64. edward

Offof20
    I saw something about charlie, not a bad movie but the original Charade with Cary Grant and Audrey Hepburn is much better.

November 23, 2010 at 9:56 pm | Report abuse |
  65. Triggafish

Walberg is not one if the most one dimensional lead actors in Hollywood. He has played the same guy in every movie except Shooter and The Departed with the later being his best performance. He generally plays this annoyingly soft spoken touch guy and it got old after The Big Hit, which is his worst movie.
    As far as M. Night I think he is a brilliant writer but his directing skills are not great.

November 23, 2010 at 9:55 pm | Report abuse |
  66. edward

I like the way you think Nakisha Edwards

November 23, 2010 at 9:54 pm | Report abuse |
  67. nakisha edwards

The happening was awsome it needs a part two this time. Anamails need to attack lots of blood and gore. I know a guy get eatin by lions but come on. You do more with that

November 23, 2010 at 9:47 pm | Report abuse |
  68. Katie

HA HA! At least he admits it!

November 23, 2010 at 9:46 pm | Report abuse |
  69. meh

Didn't see it. Can't comment. I'm just bored.

November 23, 2010 at 9:44 pm | Report abuse |
  70. nazo0o

what abt Fear, mark was great in that movie!

November 23, 2010 at 9:39 pm | Report abuse |
  71. McGuirk

M.Knight Shabadoo was drinking bad absinthe in a hookah bar down in baltimore. After snorting some brown-brown and getting blown by a chow hound this is what he decided to do!

November 23, 2010 at 9:30 pm | Report abuse |
  72. McGuirk

M.Knight Shabadoo was drinking bad absinthe in a hookah bar down in baltimore after snorting some brown-brown and getting blown by a chow hound this is what he decided to do!

November 23, 2010 at 9:29 pm | Report abuse |
  73. edward

I like M. Night Shyamalan. I enjoyed the Village though predictable, loved sixth sense and Signs best. Lady in the water was decent could have been much better just like Happening, but still decent. Mark Walhburg in my opinion couldn't act his way out a bad episode of Star Trek pitted against the talent of William Shatner.

November 23, 2010 at 9:23 pm | Report abuse |
  74. Erika

The movie's plot wasn't great, but let's face it – Mark Walberg was a space cadet in it. He said everything with a loud whisper.

Zooey is awesome in everything she's done. Especially Tin Man.

November 23, 2010 at 9:14 pm | Report abuse |
  75. da Funkee 1

I liked the happening. It was slow but interesting. Loved four brothers.

November 23, 2010 at 9:01 pm | Report abuse |
  76. Bobby Joe

I liked Signs, Unbreakable and Signs. I think Signs was his best movie. Everything else I have seen sucked. I haven't seen Airbender.

November 23, 2010 at 8:40 pm | Report abuse |
  77. just a reader

Tiff..u sk dky a..keep. U r coments 2 ur selff

November 23, 2010 at 8:39 pm | Report abuse |
  78. oh please

I gots one word
    Hollywood Starwhackers
    Oh no
    Thats 2 words....

November 23, 2010 at 8:34 pm | Report abuse |
  79. Offof20

My favorite movie of Mark Wahlberg's is "Something about Charlie". You want up close & personal on his facial expressions; this is the movie. He is a wonderful actor & every actor has there "bad" movies. Out of all the movies I have seen him in; The Four Brother's was the worse. This is my opinion only. I will continue to see his movies, as they come to the box office. Don't let one movie make you, Mr. Wahlberg. You have a gift. Continue to share it. :o)

November 23, 2010 at 8:31 pm | Report abuse |
  80. STL

That was the dumbest movie ever in life.... I fux with dude, but that movie was trash. 4 brothers was that deal by the way

November 23, 2010 at 8:29 pm | Report abuse |
  81. Shawni

lol ya i still like him as markie mark

November 23, 2010 at 8:28 pm | Report abuse |
  82. sorace1

shooter was his best movie.

November 23, 2010 at 8:14 pm | Report abuse |
    • colin

ya shooter was dope! or that one where hes got the plastic baggies on his feet

November 23, 2010 at 9:06 pm | Report abuse |
  83. sorace1

shooter was his best movie

November 23, 2010 at 8:13 pm | Report abuse |
  84. the jew

The Village...worst movie EVER. The whole time I thought they were amish.

November 23, 2010 at 8:06 pm | Report abuse |
  85. Ginna

I thought the happening was pretty good too although it could of been tweeked a bit. Hell wahlberg was better in it then those undetwrar ads he did!!!!

November 23, 2010 at 8:00 pm | Report abuse |
  86. BriBri

He looks like he could use a bath.

November 23, 2010 at 7:40 pm | Report abuse |
  87. joe momma

Lovely Bones was amazing

November 23, 2010 at 7:27 pm | Report abuse |
    • Rudd188

Lovely Bones was a Peter Jackson movie and it was really bad. The ending was frustrating as hell. Only Stanley Tucci made that movie watchable. Marky Mark and Rachel Weisz added nothing to their roles.

November 24, 2010 at 8:50 am | Report abuse |
  88. The Happening was NOT happening!

Every M. Night Shyamalan movie, that I have seen, was AWFUL!! I think either The Happening or Lady in the Water top my list of ridiculously slow and just plain stupid movies!! He may be creative, but his creativity comes from somewhere way beyond left field!!

November 23, 2010 at 7:23 pm | Report abuse |
  89. UNKle Obama

I like the guy but he's a little slow in the face if he thought this was his worst movie.

November 23, 2010 at 7:17 pm | Report abuse |
  90. Traci Millard

a movie is usually considered bad when a major star is in it and it does bad at the box office. I thought the plot was interesting a nd it makes you think of how we are destroying our world. Not to mention, Mark makes it hotttt! Definitely not the worse movie by far. If it had done great at the boxoffice, Mark would have had an oscar nomination! M. Night dares to be different! Sometimes successfully at the box office, sometimes not! Keep your passion no matter what!

November 23, 2010 at 7:17 pm | Report abuse |
  91. i like trees

i thought 'the happening" started out brilliantly, it had me on the edge of the seat, but it fell apart near, and at, the end. the conclusion/explanation was crap. he is a good actor though.

November 23, 2010 at 7:16 pm | Report abuse |
  92. clark

It was good- anything away from the mainstream mass market is good. So sorry anyone has to think for a minute. It is common for any actor to try to break character and try other roles once and a while. Good vibrations!

November 23, 2010 at 7:16 pm | Report abuse |
  93. gwbushfan

Mark Wahlberg is a good actor. People are too critical of each other. The Other Guys was good, so was Four Brothers. Even The Happening and Max Payne were cool. And his role in Date Night was cool too. Stop being so hard on people. You couldn't do any better if you were given a chance. Plus, at least he's got money in his bank account(s), unlike you haters.

November 23, 2010 at 7:15 pm | Report abuse |
    • mbigger318

Aw c'mon man, you don't know if someone here can act better than him for one, and I'm sure he's glad he has one fan who happens to like all of his movies but money in the bank doesn't mean someone has talent. As far as M. Night movies, the only one I didn't like was 'The Village' but it still had an interesting storyline. I think he is a great storyteller and I'm intrigued by the fact that his ideas are so left field, unfortunatly that could be a hit or miss but in my opinion that's a risk you take for art and his movies always have an underlying motive which is really cool. In `the happening' the only thing I didn't like was how uncomfortable it was to watch him, I don't wanna sound mean but he came off a little like a pedophile as far as his demeaner. On the other hand I thought that movie was great! 'Max Payne' however, wasn't good at all. Just my opinions!

November 24, 2010 at 7:56 am | Report abuse |
  94. amg

I liked The Happening.

November 23, 2010 at 7:04 pm | Report abuse |
  95. Bob

I liked the movie

November 23, 2010 at 7:04 pm | Report abuse |
  96. kuuipo

The movie was alright, but the ending sucked! Mark is a pretty good actor, not the best but pretty good & he has had some good movies. i will watch any future movies he makes.

November 23, 2010 at 7:02 pm | Report abuse |
  97. yvonne

All i can say is "say hello to your mother for me"

November 23, 2010 at 7:02 pm | Report abuse |
    • Destro

Mark isn't a bad actor. Not the greatest either. The Happening was a horrible movie because it wanted to be smart and failed to contain substance. The movie also show his lack of acting skills when it comes to drama. His lines were without any type of emotion and he said it straight faced. His genre is action with limited dialogue. If it's not action, he needs to be an Mark Wahlberg, blue collar guy.

November 23, 2010 at 8:05 pm | Report abuse |
    • Josh

Hey Mr. Goat, I just wanna talk ya. Standing there chewing grass, say hello to your mother for me.

November 23, 2010 at 9:20 pm | Report abuse |
    • jerome

Thats super funny, say hello to ur mother for me lol.

November 24, 2010 at 3:15 am | Report abuse |
  98. Eric

No Kidding!!! He actually thinks this was a bad movie? How about his other movies... let's see "planet of the apes". The apes did a better job than he did! This guy can not act!!! He does not know how to get into character. It's not that the plot of any of his movies are bad, it's that he can not connect to the character. When looking @ his face in any scene there is no emotion. Enough said.

November 23, 2010 at 6:52 pm | Report abuse |
  99. UNKle Obama

f-it i liked it..i agree max payne made me wish id never played the game..maaky maak

November 23, 2010 at 6:49 pm | Report abuse |
  100. CT73

"What? ...no!"

The movie is fulled with unintentionally great comedic lines. Best worst movie of the century.

November 23, 2010 at 6:47 pm | Report abuse |
  101. alberto

As I say in a boston accent, "maaky maak"

November 23, 2010 at 6:38 pm | Report abuse |
  102. Clint

i accidentally Shat on myself while watching that movie.

November 23, 2010 at 6:30 pm | Report abuse |
  103. doris

I thought the happening was good movie but it wasnt as good as it couldve been.

November 23, 2010 at 6:30 pm | Report abuse |
  104. j.a.

i dug the happening. keep yer head up dirk d!

November 23, 2010 at 6:28 pm | Report abuse |
  105. tone

did you forget max payne? piece of crap

November 23, 2010 at 6:28 pm | Report abuse |
    • lev

Maxx payne was way worse than the happening. By a lot.

November 24, 2010 at 1:42 am | Report abuse |
    • sophia

2nd that. Max Payne was the worst. I was so bored with characters, plot...basically all of it...that I fast forwarded the movie and said a little thank you to myself for renting it and not spending ticket money on that garbage.

FYI...the best M movie for me was Signs with Mel Gibson. Love it!

November 24, 2010 at 6:15 am | Report abuse |
    • LP

Yeah, he had a few movies that were way worse than the happening, but it's the trend to bash that movie, and say cliche things like M. Night Shymamalan sucks at everything except 6th Sense, so that is what is expected and done. People loved 6th Sense, expected him to do it over and over, he didn't, they can't adjust to changes, so "it sucks." Like music, people don't want changes or surprises, just the same thing over and over.

July 14, 2011 at 2:20 pm | Report abuse |
  106. andy

i think im the only person alive that didnt mind this movie..foolish me.

November 23, 2010 at 6:25 pm | Report abuse |
    • mrspansas

Nope you are not alone. I also bought the DVD..

November 23, 2010 at 6:41 pm | Report abuse |
    • Tiff

I liked the concept of the movie.. It really did make you think for a minute.. But it was a little slow

November 23, 2010 at 6:53 pm | Report abuse |
    • AManAndAMouse

I didn't mind it either. Love Zooey Deschanel.

November 23, 2010 at 6:54 pm | Report abuse |
    • Josh

Second that, I will watch paint dry as long as Zooey Deschnel is the one who painted it. Not the greatest movie but we are not talking Waterworld bad.

November 23, 2010 at 8:55 pm | Report abuse |
    • Chris

I too dug the movie–creepy, great concept. Wahlberg is a hack (albeit a successful hack, so props there) and he sucked in it.

November 23, 2010 at 9:37 pm | Report abuse |
    • nacindy

yes, it's sad he thinks it's such a bad movie. I liked it too, except for the ending... way too depressing for me...

November 24, 2010 at 12:07 am | Report abuse |
    • sherryrae40

I liked it too... I bought the dvd too.

November 24, 2010 at 10:36 am | Report abuse |
  107. jess

The Happening was bad. But he's a great actor!!

November 23, 2010 at 6:18 pm | Report abuse |
  108. johnrj08

"The Happening" was like "Day of the Triffids" except the foliage didn't move. The only redeeming scene in the entire film was when Wahlberg caught himself sweet-talking a plastic plant. Shyamalan has some interesting ideas in his head and is obviously a creative person. But he needs to start letting someone else write his material, but he's hasn't been up to it lately. His last two movies were pretty awful even though they had promising concepts.

November 23, 2010 at 6:08 pm | Report abuse |
    • bigchief

He did. It was called Devil.

November 23, 2010 at 6:19 pm | Report abuse |
    • Pete

Shamylan friggin ruined Avatar ... jsut killed the franchise on what is such a great story with rich characters. He sucks. One good movie .. his first.

November 23, 2010 at 8:09 pm | Report abuse |
  109. Bill

That sad to hear...I know it was a dud but Mark was great in it.

November 23, 2010 at 6:04 pm | Report abuse |
    • Pw

Hey Andrew- do you always call people idiots like you just did here? Interesting way of approaching the world.

November 23, 2010 at 10:17 pm | Report abuse |
    • tam

I agree with pw. People always harass each other and get away with it in here.

November 23, 2010 at 10:25 pm | Report abuse |
    • Steve

I agree with Tam! I'm sick of people getting away with this type of thing!

November 23, 2010 at 11:10 pm | Report abuse |
    • trainwreck

it was a HORRIBLE movie but his speech tot he tree was funny

November 24, 2010 at 12:45 am | Report abuse |
    • kiki

Ditto the movie wasn't great but, Mark speaking to the tree was hilarious!

November 24, 2010 at 1:20 am | Report abuse |
    • Lean6

I actually liked The Happening after seeing it a couple of times. Those beautiful eyes on whoever his movie wife's name was kept me interested long enough to appreciate the rest of the film. ;-)

November 24, 2010 at 3:51 am | Report abuse |
    • Jim

Everyones taste in entertainment is different so I won't question why you liked Wahlbergs performance in the Happening but most people agree not only was the film terrible but Wahlbergs performance was outright laughable.
      He played a science teacher about as well as he could play Eleanor Roosevelt.

November 24, 2010 at 8:38 am | Report abuse |