November 22nd, 2010
08:00 AM ET
Happy Thanksgiving, fellow pop culture junkies!
Eating yourself into a comatose state is important, but there is a lot more to be excited about this week. Here are ten pop culture releases and don't-miss TV moments to watch out for:
• This is a big week for music fans, as the American Music Awards aired last night at 8 p.m. ET. During the show, the Backstreet Boys and New Kids on the Block performed together for the first time, giving us a taste of what’s to come in their upcoming summer tour! Let the countdown begin.
• Continuing the music mayhem, Nicki Minaj is releasing her debut album, “Pink Friday,” on Monday. Kanye West's album “My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy” hits stores the same day. Most of the songs had been heard in West's film “Runaway,” and Rolling Stone has already given the album five stars.
• Gleeks, take notice! Tune in to "Glee" on Tuesday to see Carol Burnett guest star.
• It’s a big week in the movie world as well. Anne Hathaway and Jake Gyllenhaal team up in “Love and Other Drugs.” Disney's “Tangled” is released, and the highly anticipated Christina Aguilera and Cher flick, “Burlesque,” comes out Wednesday. If you can’t wait that long for some “Burlesque” action, you can catch Christina talking about the movie on "Conan" Monday night.
• Two hot new books hit shelves Tuesday: Sarah Palin’s “America by Heart: Reflections on Family, Faith, and Flags” and “Kardashian Konfidential,” co-authored by all three Kardashian sisters.
• Jennifer Grey, Kyle Massey or Bristol Palin will be the newest winner of the Mirror Ball Trophy this week. The three remaining contestants will compete on "Dancing with the Stars" Monday at 8 p.m. ET, and the season finale is Tuesday at 9 p.m. ET. The winner will be on “Jimmy Kimmel Live” after the show. If that's not enough star action for you, “Skating with the Stars” premieres after Monday’s "DWTS."
• The newly-engaged Jessica Simpson can be seen Monday on “Letterman” and Tuesday on “Live with Regis and Kelly.”
• It's that time of year again! The 2010 Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade will air Thursday at 9 a.m. on NBC. New floats to join Snoopy this year include Kung-Fu Panda and the protagonist from "Diary of a Wimpy Kid."
• Other holiday specials airing this week are “Miracle on 34th Street” Thursday at 2 p.m. on NBC, “Elf” on USA at 9 p.m. Thursday and Saturday, and ABC Family’s “The Dog Who Saved Christmas Vacation” starring Paris Hilton and Mario Lopez, airing Sunday at 10 p.m. as part of the network’s “Countdown to 25 Days of Christmas.”
• And after you eat yourself into a food coma Thursday night, you can catch “CNN Heroes: An All Star Tribute” hosted by Anderson Cooper on CNN at 8 p.m. ET.
From around the web
About this blog
Our daily cheat-sheet for breaking celebrity news, Hollywood buzz and your pop-culture obsessions.