November 20th, 2010

A 'Sister Wives' honeymoon special

The series might be over for the season, but that doesn't mean we are through with the "Sister Wives."

The hit TLC show about a polygamist, his four wives and their brood of children is back with a  special which follows Kody Brown and wife number four on their 11 day honeymoon in San Diego.

But while the pair frolic in the sun and sand, trouble is a-brewing at home as the other three wives feel slighted. We don't want to give too much away, but let's just say first wife Meri doesn't appreciate only getting a three day vacation for her many years of marriage, while the new kid on the block gets spirited away for 11 whole days.

And you will never guess which wife stops speaking to Kody over the hurt feelings. What's a guy have to do to when juggling four wives? Find out when the special airs  Sunday at 10 p.m.

1. Melissa Cook

First I would like to clear up the misconception that the "Sister Wives" are Mormon; they are not. Second I would like to point out that the show is not revealing their religious beliefs and why they are practicing polygamy. I am no expert but I do know that these are real people who believe polygamy is not expected from everyone and those living this lifestyle are doing so for religious reasons. This lifestyle is not quite what you describe here on this blog. It is tough as you see in the show. It requires people to control feelings and get along. It is not an easy life. It does not end happily for everyone, men or women.

I find the show fascinating. I appreciate my life with my husband so much more as I watch these women share in an effort to do what they believe to be right. Give them a break. I respect their beliefs and am glad to know a little more about this secret society.

November 24, 2010 at 10:14 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Arianna

Truly and SERIOUSLY stable, empowered, mentally stable women would NOT accept this kind of lifestyle. What sane woman is fine with their husband swapping beds right under their own roof? That's grotesque. What kind of sane woman would be a party to a situation where she and the other "wives" are nothing more than baby-makers and slaves to the man? How pathetic and I can't believe this crap is on TV, and on TLC no less. I feel incredibly sorry for the 16 children who are being brainwashed into believing that this is a normal and healthy way of life; the girls will grow up to believe they are man-slaves and the boys will grow up being narcissistic tools who believe they are the center of the universe. It's perverse and twisted and these women on the show are highly delusional. If they leave him will he be on the hook for child support if 3 aren't really "real wives"?

November 22, 2010 at 9:28 pm | Report abuse |
  3. RB

I think it's about to hit the fan for them, BIG TIME. As soon as the 3 first wives see the video of the honeymoon.

November 22, 2010 at 2:09 pm | Report abuse |
  4. anonymous

I with these women would stop being referred to as his "wives". Meri is his only wife. the others are concubines.

November 22, 2010 at 12:13 pm | Report abuse |
  5. jurby

Kody is living the fantasy that pretty much every guy dreams of. He's having his cake and eating it too. Not only having a wife but having a harem of other women to cheat with and the real wife happily going along with all of it to the point of pretending that all the women are 'sisters'. Sorry but last time i checked, there is no such thing as sister wives and polygamy is illegal (and a sin to obsessed christians). the women seriously need a reality check if they really think that any of them except Meri is actually married to Kody. Sorry ladies, but putting on a wedding dress, going through a wedding ceremony, going on a 'honeymoon and pretending you're married doesn't make you someone's wife nor legally married to someone. i feel bad for the children as they've been brought/born into a situation that they're growing up to believe is normal and acceptable. Kody, at least Henry VIII got rid of/divorced his wives as they fell out of his favor before he moved on to the next one as he went through them. Man up, Kody! If you want to keep multiple women then you should never have gotten married in the first place!!!

November 22, 2010 at 11:37 am | Report abuse |
  6. Emily

I think that the whole show is disgusting!!! I cannot believe that they made a reality show on garbage like this. But then again they will make anything a reality show these days. I feel bad for those poor kids that were born into a situation like that. DISGUSTING

November 22, 2010 at 8:10 am | Report abuse |
  7. LoJenk

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1kkOCaXmLw&w=640&h=390]

November 22, 2010 at 2:10 am | Report abuse |
  8. Serena Soto

2nd wife Janelle looks so miserable. she says Kody is her BEST FRIEND only, after 6 kids!! i wish some acting would go on instead of these discourses about how mad they all are. they need to stop xplaining themselves and ACT!! i also think Kody traded up and now has an 2nd house to escape to.. Meri and Janelle look and sound like they have HAD IT!!!

November 22, 2010 at 12:12 am | Report abuse |
  9. Eileen Dover

Part 2: Robyn tries to come across as this bubbly, sweet, cares-so-much-about-the-other-wives....but I see it as an act. She's putting on a huge act for now, and I think she did this to get into the fold....but let's see what happens now that they're married and time goes on.

Funny, why didn't Kody marry a 40 yr old slightly chunky woman as opposed to a long-haired slim brunette 30 yr old? I'll tell you why. He loves the idea of trading up for a younger model and within this fekked up lifestyle, that is encouraged and majorly condoned.

Why does Kody's face always look like he's got 3rd degree burns?

November 21, 2010 at 11:03 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Eileen Dover

Kody strikes me as TREMENDOUSLY fake, very narcissistic (yet trying to hard, for the cameras, to come across as a good ol' boy who just a whole lotta love to go around). I think he's a total attention wh0re and I'm sure the $ coming in because of these shows is helping very nicely to fill up the gas tank in the flashy Lexus. He tries to come across as such an insightful husband who strives each day to be a great husband but he's a major actor and he should get an Oscar. No wait, he shouldn't because us viewers can see right through the act.

It's really sad that women would seek out and accept this kind of lifestyle that is the epitome of self-serving for the man only. He gets laid every night, hopping from bed to bed, all these wives to pop up oodles of kidlets for him, lots of servants to clean and cook and raise the brood - all while he's the big stud driving around in the chick mobile.

I think also that Robyn is as phony as a 3 dollar bill, too. She comes across also as a naive, airhead-ish lovesick flake.

November 21, 2010 at 10:56 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Deidre Lee

I suddenly cannot stand Kody and the dangerus new "bride" – she is certainly going to split this family apart...I hope te three ladies up and leave him and get child supprt from him. Robyn will take off when there is no money for her. I do not lik her and felt the same way the moment I saw her. Kody, in my opinion, is a loser just as Goslin is.;...

November 21, 2010 at 10:53 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Odalice Feliz

So thoughtful.

November 21, 2010 at 10:32 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Lissa

From watching the show, I don't see Meri sticking around too long after her daughter is grown which isn't too far off. I think she is starting to see how unhappy she really is(don't blame her either). Comments she made seem to back this up like when she basically said the only reason she was there was for her daughter. When he was on a quest to see if she could have another baby it made me think he was trying to use that like a security blanket to try keeping her around.

I could see Christine giving the silent treatment. She didn't react well Kody kissing Robyn before marriage & when she was pregnant going to the last appointment it almost seemed like pregnancy gets Kody's attention which is what she wants. Now he's with Robyn & she definitely brings a lot to the table changing the whole family dynamic. I could tell the wives don't know her very well & near the end of the season you could see that Robyn is more outspoken than she has let on. She was married before & even a single parent for a time so she's isn't experienced with sharing her Husband or the situation she's entered into. I had gotten the feeling it would be a real adjustment that she is not the submissive type who will just go along with everyone else. Kody has also given her special efforts in the courtship & even wedding the others felt were better than they had. It will be interesting to see how long this family stays intact the way the other wives are so on the fence about Kody's new addition to their lives. Reality TV is like marriage suicide it seems for a lot of regular couples, so I doubt a polygamist marriage is any exception to that. If anything it's probably even harder especially since it's put them under the microscope legally as well. Sad thing is, it is real life & these are real children involved. Just hope things don't get overly dramatic or nasty for their sakes. All in all though, I wish them all the best & hope they can be happy.

November 21, 2010 at 10:20 pm | Report abuse |
    • BaeBgrl

I agree with you on alot of things. I find their life so intriging. How many people find themselves in the same situation, but never know it. At least everybody is in the KNOW. I can actually relate to their lives. What woman wouldn't want to know that if something happened to her, that her children would still be raised in the same manner. There are other mothers and children and all under one roof. I see one BIG HAPPY FAMILY. Maybe i live ina bubble :]

November 21, 2010 at 10:57 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Sister wives4

I think Robyn is smarter than we give her credit for. My bet is on her keeping her own place, no matter what. She is trying to under cut the other women one by one and eventually end up with the "prize" all for herself. Here's a tip, the man cheats on his wife. Fat, thin young, old, it does not matter.

November 21, 2010 at 3:36 pm | Report abuse |
  15. babycelebs411

our latest predictions on Cammille Grammer and her future without Kelsey:) very interesting and must read:http://celebs911.com/2010/11/21/life-without-kelsey-grammer-read-on-camille/

November 21, 2010 at 12:44 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Brenda Johnson

Why is Meri getting all worked up? She introduced Kody to Robin and suggested that he go after Robin.

I thought when Meri and Kody were on their 3 day get-a-way that he might suggest renewing their vows instead of wanting her to go through inferlity treatments. What a louse and self centered man.

Yep, it's all about him and what he wants.

November 21, 2010 at 11:35 am | Report abuse |
  17. Kathleen

Two things going on here...a man who must be ALL THAT and 4 women who have zero self esteem. I find it bizarre how jealous they are of this new Robin wife? My guess, because they know that he upgraded....went younger, thinner and much more fun at heart. Its not my business how people live but I will say that there is something to be said for a man or woman that will commit to only one partner in life. This guy comes off as immature and self serving at the expense of others.

November 21, 2010 at 9:24 am | Report abuse |
  18. amy

he should have taken all the wives on the honeymoon and spent 12 days, 3 days with each wife. but who would have cared for allllllllllllllllll those kids??? the first 3 wives have had him all to themselves for many years, so now it's understandable how wifey #4 has upset the apple cart. he has some major kissing up to do with the original 3.

November 20, 2010 at 11:31 pm | Report abuse |
  19. Sally

Well, my take is that Robyn will stop speaking with him because the long absence will make the other 3 wives treat her coldly. Let's face it, if you're going to share a husband you all have to be on the same page and not condone any favoritism - because today's favorite is tomorrow's pariah. And that's what this is all about. The three "old" wives are worried he is now going to lavish all of his attention on Robyn and leave them in the dust. And who knows? Maybe he is actually in love with her, as opposed to the other three who, if you remember, he claimed to have fallen into "like" with.

November 20, 2010 at 9:58 pm | Report abuse |
  20. catdog

Who is he kdding only the first marriage is legal that's the one he better try to save, could cost him more then he thinks if she's smart and gets the right lawyer, bet she does. The rest are just girlfriends that the legal wife knows about. It is a joke......

November 20, 2010 at 9:58 pm | Report abuse |
  21. simone says

wow, only 3 comments?! LOLNOBODYCARESPAD

November 20, 2010 at 9:57 pm | Report abuse |
  22. Ella Jay

it must be nice to make up your own rules based upon whatever's most convenient for you. take a wife. get bored, add another one (she really needs to start working out, BTW); get bored, add another one. and finally add another one (well, maybe not 'finally'). you people are just encouraging this behavior. as to the fairness of the length of the honeymoon, i guess wifey number one doesn't have much say in the matter of how long he honeymoons with additional wives: before wife number two would have been a good place to put her foot down.

November 20, 2010 at 9:55 pm | Report abuse |
    • EWWW

I agree this guy is making up his own marriage rules to suit his selfish needs. He is really a creepster and treats his wives like possessions. You gotta love the life style he has manufactured for himself. He drives around in a fancy convertible with new young skinny wife number four while the other brood mares haul his spawn in nothing short of large airport shuttle vehicles. He leaves the first three wives home to run his home and care for his offspring while he honeymoons for ELEVEN DAYS with his new recruit. He claims the new wife needed "time" to adjust to the situation...hmmm....maybe he needed more time to brainwash the poor pathetic thing? These woman are so sad...they make constant excuses for his selfish disgusting behaviors. They need to watch the reruns to see the irony in their comments and behaviors. It was also quite interesting how Kody kept emphasizing the polygamous lifestyles of the animals while visiting the animal preserve...trying to justify his own?? This guy is a real winner...too bad the ladies probably wont wake up and eventually trade him in for a newer thinner younger model? This guy is such a gross loser I can't believe he convinced one woman to marry him....but four? What?! HE IS SCARY!!!!

November 22, 2010 at 5:26 pm | Report abuse |
  23. randuleese

Oh..I am SURE it will be wife NUMBER FOUR who stops speaking..I am soooo sick of her acting all nicey-nice! Not that I agree with this type of living..but she KNEW what she was getting into..and I am NOT quite so sure it is not all about the tv exposure for her and the money..Feel sorry for her children..but NOT her!

November 20, 2010 at 4:43 pm | Report abuse |