'Paranormal Activity 3' slated for October 2011
November 19th, 2010

'Paranormal Activity 3' slated for October 2011

Apparently theatergoers are quite comfortable on the edge of their seats. That explains not only the box office success of "Paranormal Activity 2" but also the recent announcement that there will be a "Paranormal Activity 3."

According to Dread Central, Paramount Pictures has confirmed that a third installment of the spooky supernatural story is in the works and should be ready to frighten fans on October 21, 2011.

The decision to extend the "Paranormal" franchise comes as a no-brainer for Paramount. "Paranormal Activity 2," released in October, has taken in over $150 million worldwide and received mostly favorable reviews, while the first "Paranormal Activity" film, released in 2007, earned $183 million and a cult following.

Considering the success of those two flicks, it seems the third movie has more than a ghost of a chance of being a huge hit.

Post by:
Filed under: movies

1. carissa

Personelly, i thought that the movies were fantastic. People say its cliche because they dont watch or know about the acctual paranormal . I would like to add that these coment forums are for if you agree , disagree , or have anything you want to add about the authors posting about the paticular topic. They are not a chat room or place for blatently rude comments. I ask that you please respect that.
    P.S.
    the public school systems are not a waste of tax payer money ( referinf to whom posted that previously) I'm 12 , cheesey what ever is judt someone who failed to listen to his teacher.

November 25, 2010 at 10:27 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Orange Jelly

Got to know some spoilers about the plot.

The story will be set 24 hours after the killings of her sister and brother in law. Katie will eventually develop into a person who can conceal the demonic presence inside of her whenever it serves her purpose. She will take a regular part-time job and will take care of the her sis's son as well. What she doesn't know is that the demon inside her was a member of a human family once, centuries ago. The demon inside Katie is a man. But one of the demon's sisters returns to extract her vengeance as Katie's demon has been killing humans without involving his family, much to her annoyance. The female demon possesses the baby boy in the house. The baby boy starts to play mind games on Katie. One of the scenes being talked about by Paramount is when Katie hears the noise of a creaking door around 3 am in the morning. As she walks down the stairs, she is suddenly startled by the TV switching itself on – and the TV is showing Beyonce's "Baby Boy" featuring Sean Paul. As soon as she proceeds towards the TV to switch it off, the remote control races towards her head and whacks her on it. There is a blood curdling growl let out by Katie's demon, followed by the muffled laughter of a baby which seems to be coming from the washing machine in the attic. As Katie lifts up the lid of the washing machine, she sees detergent oozing out of it. This is the moment when the baby will slam the door of the attic which will be punctuated by the sound of a woman whimpering. Katie lunges towards the door which flies off its hinges on to the nearby refrigerator, cracking it open. Katie's body jerks to a stop when it sees that inside the refrigerator is the head of the baby. Katie is suddenly weakened and moans/purrs in a very low note, and her knees buckle. At this moment, the chandelier comes crashing down on her and decapitates her. The baby then looks at the camera with a mischevious smile, as a dark shadowy figure comes and picks it up and hugs it.

The camera focuses on the figure. It is revealed to be Micah.

November 25, 2010 at 1:22 am | Report abuse |
  3. Markis

Interesting this movie has a target release date of October 21, 2011. Folks, PLEASE read the Bible CAREFULLY!

This date, October 21, 2011, happens to be the very LAST DAY of the very existence of planet earth, and for that matter, the last day of the entire universe as we know it. It happens to be the last day of the 5 month period God calls "Judgment Day", which begins on May 21, 2011 (less than 6 months away!!!)

PLEASE look closely at these things, because they come right from Gods' Word, the Bible.

Although October 21, 2011 is the last day of earths' existence, for all intents and purposes, it really is over five months earlier on May 21, 2011, as the billions of people still here will have no hope, forever.

Look up Family Radio, ebible fellowship, wecanknow, bmius, you'll find enough there to point you into the Bible to see this. You may also google 'May 21, 2011' and see MUCH about the terror that is rapidly approaching this world. The knowledge that May 21, 2011 is Judgment Day is now known world-wide, and is believed and KNOWN to be fact by literally 10's of millions of people. If you have heard about it, yet haven't looked at the Biblical evidence, it HIGH TIME that you did. If you haven't heard about it, it was just a matter of time before you DID hear this news, as God is warning the world, and EVERYONE on earth will have heard SOMETHING about it in one way or another (even in the smallest of ways, EVERYONE will have heard SOMETHING about it)

We've heard, now what will we do? Look into the Bible to see if it's true, or scoffingly pass it off as a joke like the Bible says MOST people will do.

May the Lord bless

November 22, 2010 at 6:52 am | Report abuse |
    • DRMitch

If this is going to be the last day of existance, I will pay to watch any other movie that is remotely scary (because these weren't) and then eat my weight at the Cheesecake factory!

And if anyone reads this that is a writer of this "horror" debacle, Seriously, horror movies can infact be horror movies without injuring or killing family pets.

November 22, 2010 at 7:29 am | Report abuse |
  4. madaire

Awesome!

What people have to keep in mind, is Paranormal Activity is more for those who don't like the bloody violent and scary movies. Not for people that have been watching scary movies since they were kids and enjoy them. It's a nice creepy, non-scary movie.

November 21, 2010 at 8:16 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Laura

It'll be far better than some of those movies out now. Movies these days are sad excuses. I loved all the saws. I liked seeing all the different ways to torture people, and as for the first 2 installments of this movie, they tied together. I like the baby move. It worked well. And as for all the people saying this movie sucked, you still spent money and went to see it, which in turn made them money. :) That's all.

November 21, 2010 at 8:10 pm | Report abuse |
  6. People are annoying...

Why is it always the haters that feel the need to spew their opinions all over the internet?

November 21, 2010 at 7:30 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Super Bee

I find these comments, especially the one's for Cheefsfury, far more enriching and entertaining than Paranormal Activity. I liked Blair Witch much better, and thought it was a lot scarier.

November 21, 2010 at 7:26 pm | Report abuse |
  8. 123456789

you no need for rudeness

November 21, 2010 at 6:07 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Flyover

More shameless schlock. Look at the producers: Oren Peli, Jason Blum, Akiva Goldsman. They are just after your money and not interested in putting out quality. Let them sell it in Israel where it belongs.

November 21, 2010 at 5:58 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Sherri

Anyone who has gone to see even one of these 'movies' (and I use that term very loosely) does not have room to complain about these sequels. They're raking it in off of you fools, so OF COURSE they're going to continue to make them. Make them, you attend, make money. End of story.

November 21, 2010 at 4:45 pm | Report abuse |
  11. NeCro

LAWL at all of you. i can already see the stupid comments for the third movie....

"OMG I WENT TO SEE ALL THREE OF THE PARANORMAL MOVIES AND THEY ALL SUCKED STOP MAKING THEM"
    well stop going to see them?

"OMG I HAVENT SEEN ANY OF THEM BUT FEEL THE NEED TO COMMENT ON HOW BAD THEY ARE!"
    just stop

kthxbai

November 21, 2010 at 12:41 pm | Report abuse |
  12. misschana2ubz

.......Well, first off there were 7 saw movies they should've just stopped at three really. Originally there were suppose to be nine, but hopefully they are done making it because thwy are ruining a good movie. On paranormal the first one was ok haven't seen the second one, but heard it sucked!! omg this should be interesting on the 3rd one ugh... last but not least some of you ppl are dumb as hell. have a good one ciao

November 20, 2010 at 11:56 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Richard Allen

after reading this i went and watched the 1st flick. I must say...was not impressed. it had a slight amount of creepy factor, but thats it. sry, i just couldn't buy it. would definitely wait for it to come out on video instead of checking the theater.

November 20, 2010 at 11:10 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Brian

If you don't like the movies why are you posting on this thread? I have an idea for you. Don't watch them if you don't like them.

November 20, 2010 at 9:40 pm | Report abuse |
    • Sherri

I don't know about anyone else, but I didn't have to see even ten minutes of one to know how stupid they would be. The previews on television were enough for me.

November 21, 2010 at 4:47 pm | Report abuse |
  15. lineman

The only real paranormal activity here is the producers putting all that money in the bank.

November 20, 2010 at 8:03 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Jake

Shocking.

November 20, 2010 at 6:28 pm | Report abuse |
  17. john Pappas

The first one was a notch up from a student film. Glad I downloaded it. Now that the second has come out I don't even want to waste the time to watch the same movie. 3rd. PAAALLLEEAASSEE. Stop supporting crap and demand movies that have plots and writing and not based on handy cam to save production costs. What a waste of time. This is why I download half the time. BTW I'm an editor/camera op in film/tv so I try to support real projects not crap my neighbour could produce.

November 20, 2010 at 5:35 pm | Report abuse |
  18. RJ

cheefsfury wrote:

"I ALL READY SAYD THIS BEFORE BUT I CANT AFFORD THE KEYBOARD WITH THE SMALL LETTERS ONLY BIG LETTERS"

O.M.G.! I know I'm a day late in joining in the bashing of this kid, but wow! Did nobody else notice that? Wow, just wow.

November 20, 2010 at 5:31 pm | Report abuse |
  19. Jeff

Great. Another movie with an hour and 20 minutes of people walking around, eating, sleeping, and playing in the pool, and 10 minutes of knocking sounds and objects moving by themselves.

November 20, 2010 at 5:21 pm | Report abuse |
  20. our turn

I want a paranormal activity movie where we scare the demons or evil spirits :) I guess it will be called "Normal Activity" then :)

November 20, 2010 at 3:33 pm | Report abuse |
  21. Come on! Really?!?!

I laughed through the first one. I thought it was a joke when I heard they were making a second. Now I'm not laughing anymore. Why the hell are they making a third?

November 20, 2010 at 1:10 pm | Report abuse |
  22. Edward

I thought Paranormal activity 1 was boring. 5 minutes of entertainment and an hour and twenty five minutes of mind numbing crap. The second is more of the same. The third is bound to stink up the theatre.

November 19, 2010 at 9:54 pm | Report abuse |
  23. kAnon

PARANORMAL ACTIVITY 1 SUCKED. Didn't get scary until 3 seconds of the end. GG Kthxbai.

November 19, 2010 at 8:25 pm | Report abuse |
  24. RfromSeattle

Saw the first one on Halloween of last year. All my friends that it was a great movie and "really scary". I thought it was a complete pile of crap, although it did get me to jump a bit a couple times. I didn't bother wasting another 2 hours and $10, so I skipped the 2nd one and will skip the 3rd. And the 4th.... and the..... (see where this is going?)

November 19, 2010 at 6:52 pm | Report abuse |
  25. Buster Bloodvessel

Right, because there was so much more left to tell after the first two. Maybe we should chain up the director and producer so they have to cut off their legs to escape.

November 19, 2010 at 4:04 pm | Report abuse |
    • Moe Hophobic

That'd just be Saw... Saw number... which one was it again? I lost count.

November 20, 2010 at 12:06 am | Report abuse |
  26. E

Sounds like Hollywood is going to use the Saw formula on Paranormal Activity. Let me know when Paranormal Activity 14: It's in the Bathroom is over. I can't stand seeing a good movie beaten to death with horrible sequels.

November 19, 2010 at 3:49 pm | Report abuse |
  27. Turtle

you have got to be kidding me?! Its going to turn into the SAW movies! Don't get me wrong, I likes the first two paranormal activities, but how much further can things be taken? The SAW movies were great, until they decided to make four, five and six. The first two were paranormal activities were awesome...i really don't think a third one is necessary!

November 19, 2010 at 2:57 pm | Report abuse |
  28. Bobington

I can kind of see how the first one could be scary if you were dumb enough to believe that it was real and couldn't tell it was obviously a cheap indy movie. Then again, if you can be fooled that easily there is a ghost in my room right now that said it will kill me if you don't send me $1000 RIGHT NOW!

November 19, 2010 at 2:49 pm | Report abuse |
  29. ILOVEFISHING

You know what they should have in part three? GODZILLA fighting KING KONG part 65,745!!! Now that's scary!

November 19, 2010 at 2:37 pm | Report abuse |
  30. AJ

wozyworms: That is EXACTLY what I'm saying. What I personally find scary in films is very simple concepts. And "Blair Witch" is at the top of my list for movies that have scared the absolute bejesus out of me. Sorry but gore and splatter and special effects and explosions and rock soundtracks don't do it. When they leave a little to the imagination of the audience it works much better. However, it does take an intelligent audience with a lot of imagination for it to work. Those who don't have either or both can certainly pop on their 3D glasses and go watch the next "Saw" gorefest. Idiotic comments are much more appreciated with those audiences too.

November 19, 2010 at 2:32 pm | Report abuse |
  31. casper

The third one could be extra scary if they use this clown looking lady that I work with – she's SUPER scary!!!!!

November 19, 2010 at 1:06 pm | Report abuse |
  32. Dakkota

The first one was good but the second just used the same tricks from the first movie which was a disappointment because I was hoping for more expansion of the story and maybe some new tricks. I won't make the same mistake wasting my money to see the third in the theater, I'll watch it, but it will have to hit Redbox before I watch it. The writers need to learn that there can be more added to a movie with the addition of a story and more dialogue in movies rather than just random shots around the house from the surveillence cameras that show nothing for what felt like half the movie.

November 19, 2010 at 1:05 pm | Report abuse |
  33. Hannah

I loved the first, and wanted to see the second, but now I'm not so sure I'll waste my time. If all they're interested is popping out movies, I don't know how good they're going to be. Two is alright, three is too much. Let's not be like Saw and make 64 before giving up.

November 19, 2010 at 1:03 pm | Report abuse |
  34. Dollythedungheep

November 19, 2010 at 12:56 pm | Report abuse |
    • jonse

"Dollythedungheep

WHY?????????? The first two movies were SO LAME!! They were not scary at all! Are you kidding me? Waste of time."

why would you even bother to watch the second one if you thought the first one was lame? seems like you're the only idiot who wasted time...

November 19, 2010 at 2:39 pm | Report abuse |
  35. Pliny

Another movie for me to ignore.

November 19, 2010 at 12:42 pm | Report abuse |
  36. Phillyfan

The third installment should be take place in the most scariest of places... closed-circuit surveillance of public restrooms... OMG

November 19, 2010 at 12:26 pm | Report abuse |
  37. AJ

I loved the first two films. As a Screenwriter myself I'm kicking myself for not coming up with such a brilliant and terrifying concept. If 3 is anywhere NEAR as fantastic as 2 I say Bring it On. This series still has some smart people behind it and plenty of miles to go yet. My hope is some archival footage from the early 80s telling the girl's story from back then. My best guess is that the next progression would be some sort of public building with a surveillance system.

November 19, 2010 at 11:59 am | Report abuse |
    • wozyworms

"As a Screenwriter myself I'm kicking myself for not coming up with such a brilliant and terrifying concept. " I think you may want to rethink that statement. This film was about as original as air. Acting was subpar, directing was loose, and no disrespect, the story was ridiculous. Next you will be saying that Blair Witch was good. Another waste of film. Oh for the days of quality movies.

November 19, 2010 at 1:01 pm | Report abuse |
    • Hannah

Bring It On, now THAT was a fantastic movie that you as a screenwriter should try to emulate.

November 19, 2010 at 1:04 pm | Report abuse |
    • Bobington

So a movie about ghosts is new and exciting. I found the ogirinal very boring, it was a whole lot of nothing going on and stupid stereotypical ghost stuff, oh my the door closed itself, on the girl was sleepwalking, not so scary... Here is another story line for you, how about a shark goes crazy and starts eating people, oh wait that was done over 10 times already too....

November 19, 2010 at 1:21 pm | Report abuse |
    • Madlogic

The first one was pretty good, cost me a few hours sleep. The second one...I'm not sure if my expectations were too high or what, but it really didn't scare me. I will say that the writing (the way it was both a prequel AND a sequel to the first) was really good though.

November 19, 2010 at 1:49 pm | Report abuse |
    • Barnacle Bill

So now we can put a name to the endless parade of talentless writing that comes out of Hollywood: AJ. The fact that you aspire to this level of mediocrity is very telling.

November 19, 2010 at 2:26 pm | Report abuse |
  38. scaredstiff

Yes, a big long run-on sentence! LOL With all due respect, I'd like to introduce you to punctuation marks. This is a comma " , ". This is a period " . ". This is a question mark "?". Please use them wisely! :-)

November 19, 2010 at 11:58 am | Report abuse |
    • cheefsfury

THANKS FOR THE LESSON LET ME RETURN THE FAVOUR USE! THE, REPLY: BUTTON

November 19, 2010 at 1:13 pm | Report abuse |
  39. MS

I can see it now Paranormal Activity 7 When Hollywood gets a winner they run it into the ground.

November 19, 2010 at 11:57 am | Report abuse |
    • Dakkota

I couldn't agree more. If this movie would have ended with the first one, it would have been a great indie movie that stands alone.

November 19, 2010 at 1:06 pm | Report abuse |
  40. Bobington

Wow so we can all watch the same movie for the 3rd time? How much can you do with this movie but the same thing over again, just like the first 2.

November 19, 2010 at 11:57 am | Report abuse |
  41. Red

I'm sorry, was that a sentence? Does your mom know you're on the computer?

November 19, 2010 at 10:28 am | Report abuse |
    • cheefsfury

LOL U MAD BRO THAT I MADE FUN OF YOUR NOT SCARY MOVIE ALSO YES MY MOM KNOWS IM ON THE COMPUTER AND YES IT WAS BIG LONG RUN ON SENTANCE

November 19, 2010 at 11:00 am | Report abuse |
    • Price

I think they were mocking you more for the misspelling and gross overuse of acronyms.

November 19, 2010 at 11:53 am | Report abuse |
    • karma

err.. I normally don't point grammar out, but seriously, if you're going to mock grammar, at least know how to spell – it's "transparent". Seriously – are you 6?

November 19, 2010 at 12:27 pm | Report abuse |
    • Cheefesfuey's momma

You're daddy/uncle is right. This trailer ain't going to clean itself.

November 19, 2010 at 5:47 pm | Report abuse |
    • JusSayin

@ Cheef and his momma...."My momma said I don't need to know no nothing bout no school books, now get off my property
      !

November 20, 2010 at 6:32 pm | Report abuse |
    • mr.paranormal

SHUT UP FOOL

November 21, 2010 at 8:47 pm | Report abuse |
  42. cheefsfury

SO I GUESS THIS IS WUT THEY ARE GONNA DO NOW THAT SUPOSSED THEIR IS NO MORE SAW BUT ITS ALL JUST CHEAP STARE AT THE SCREEN TILL SOMETHING POOPS UP AND AFTER STARING AT THE SAME SCREEN FOR 10 MINUTES KINDA THRILLS SO IF YOU LIEK THAT I GOT SOME YOUTUBE VIDEOS YOU SHOULD SEE

November 19, 2010 at 10:17 am | Report abuse |
    • Jenn

If something poops up, you might want to call a Dr.

November 19, 2010 at 10:53 am | Report abuse |
    • Brett

@cheefsfury I've got a 2nd grade teacher you should see.

November 19, 2010 at 11:29 am | Report abuse |
    • cheefsfury

IS SHE HOT

November 19, 2010 at 11:56 am | Report abuse |
    • Guest

What? Did anyone understand this?

November 19, 2010 at 1:25 pm | Report abuse |
    • Madlogic

Posts like this one are why it should be a law to have to show a high school diploma at Wal-Mart before you're allowed to buy a computer.

November 19, 2010 at 1:44 pm | Report abuse |
    • cheefsfury

FIRST OF ALL I AINT NO NERD SO I DONT HAVE A HIGH SCHOOL DIPLOMA IM 14 YEARS OLD AND I CANT GO TO WAL MART BECAUSE I GOT CAUGHT SHOPLIFTING CONDOMS CUZ I DONT WANT ANY KIDS AND WHEN I TOLD THE POLICE THAT THEY LET ME GO AND LET ME KEEP EM

November 19, 2010 at 4:44 pm | Report abuse |
    • Michael Hughes

Only idiots, no matter their age, post comments in all CAPS.

November 19, 2010 at 5:44 pm | Report abuse |
    • cheefsfury

November 19, 2010 at 6:11 pm | Report abuse |
    • cheeseisdumb

hey cheese.... how about you just stfu and gtfo ... keyboard warrior kid...

November 19, 2010 at 8:16 pm | Report abuse |
    • fingerblast

trollface.jpg

November 20, 2010 at 2:50 pm | Report abuse |
    • NoBreeder

@Cheefsfury
      I pray you're not allowed to breed.....stupid mouth breather

November 21, 2010 at 3:57 pm | Report abuse |
    • mr.paranormal

dude you really cant spell who in the freaking world besides a 4 year old spells LIKE WRONG?
      you really need some good education in your life buster

November 21, 2010 at 8:42 pm | Report abuse |
    • Just me

Just the dumbing down of America folks, your tax dollars hard at work.

November 21, 2010 at 9:35 pm | Report abuse |
  43. Ron31

I loved the 1st two Paranormal Activity films and can't wait for the 3rd in October 0f 2011

November 19, 2010 at 9:29 am | Report abuse |
    • darkstar

Both sucked royally and now all we need is a third. Let me make a prediction: there will Paranormal Activity 10: Ghost meets Freddy meets Jason vs. Predator vs. Aliens

November 19, 2010 at 2:49 pm | Report abuse |
    • Steve-O

Meet Aliens? Really??? Now THAT would be awesome!

November 19, 2010 at 4:53 pm | Report abuse |