'Medium' ends its five-year run
November 19th, 2010

'Medium' ends its five-year run

It looks like CBS's supernatural series "Medium" is going to the great beyond. In a statement on the show's official Facebook page, series creator Glenn Gordon Caron announced that the TV thriller was ending its five-year run.

"It's true," wrote Caron. "Allison Dubois will dream her last dream on Fri 1/21. In what we believe will be a series defining episode, Allison and her family will stare destiny in the eye. And destiny will not blink."

"Medium" stars Patricia Arquette as a psychic whose visions help the Phoenix police department solve crimes. The series originated on NBC in 2005 but was rescued by CBS after it was canceled last year, according to TVGuide.com.

Last month, CBS announced that it was cutting the show's run from 22 episodes to a clearly unlucky 13.

1. Vickie

I've been a "Medium" fan since the beginning. Allison has a gift that should never have been put in jeopardy. On the "Housewives" episode Camille prefaced including Allison at her dinner party and the concern over her behavior when she had too much to drink, so why in the world when your husband is a producer of the show would you, Camille, risk sabotaging the "Medium" series??? I get what the real Allison does and the benefit she brings to people's lives. Shame on you Camille for knowing better than to offer alcohol to someone who can't handle it, and to you Allison, in your cloudiness perhaps you had Kyle mixed up with Camille as things would turn out.

January 22, 2011 at 4:09 pm | Report abuse |
  2. David Greenberg

This show has really just started to come into it's own! I've enjoyed over the seven not five years it's been on, but nothing like the way I've enjoyed it the last couple of seasons. It has really gotten good and it seems very stupid to end it now. It really had become one of the very best show to watch on TV. It has excellent writing and great actors. I had really begun to look forward to it each week and now poof it's gone! #@$%^&* What a mistake!!!

January 22, 2011 at 12:59 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Lori

They must have seen coming the atrocious actions of Allison Dbuois when she appeared on The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills. The beginning of the end for her, as she certainly deserves I think. No one that acts that way should be rewarded!

December 20, 2010 at 7:13 pm | Report abuse |
    • Ashley

I AGREE! Even though this show was canceled before last weeks episode... I am more than happy it is canceled after the way Allison acted on national TV. If she has a job in real life, I HOPE SHE GETS FIRED. She deserves to loose all credibility for her actions in The Real Houswives. GOOD BYE Allison. Get a life and stop thinking you are something special with your electronic cig. GROSS

December 21, 2010 at 1:45 pm | Report abuse |
  4. bj

i was very upset to hear that you cancelled medium.i have wacthed medium from the being .i wish you would rethink cancelling the show.this my favorite.on tv .i can't wait to see it each week .

November 22, 2010 at 5:34 am | Report abuse |
  5. DotDotDot

The show consistently wins its time slot...so CBS kills it? Why? It may not be the best show on tv, but it's good, unique, and is a refreshingly realistic portrayal of marriage and family life. And it wins its time slot...what more do they want?

November 21, 2010 at 1:59 am | Report abuse |
  6. dvikib

My favorite show is Medium. I've watched every episode since day one. I will miss it a lot.

November 20, 2010 at 3:50 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Clueless Joe

This sounds like a great show!
    When does it premiere?

November 19, 2010 at 1:06 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Sally

"Medium" is the only show I have made an effort to watch for the past 7 years. Patricia is great; the stories always have a twist, and it keeps you guessing. So of course it had to be canceled, to be replaced by what? Another cheap reality show...I know..."Bristol Palin Goes to College."

November 19, 2010 at 12:38 pm | Report abuse |
  9. CLIFFORD WHITE

I really love the show and most especially Little Bridget. Wish the show continues !

November 19, 2010 at 11:50 am | Report abuse |
  10. bev mortimer

I will miss this show. And yes, why are the good shows always cancelled? Most of the replacement shows are
    terrible and makes tv veiwing for that evening unjoyable. I do hope the they rethink this.

November 19, 2010 at 11:48 am | Report abuse |
  11. Joy

This really sucks! I love this show. Why are all the best shows always cancelled? Patricia Arquette is great. The other actors are great too.

November 19, 2010 at 11:23 am | Report abuse |
  12. Hank

If someone did their research they'd know Medium has been on 7 years not 5.

November 19, 2010 at 11:09 am | Report abuse |
  13. babycelebs411

we've made our predictions on celebs, so read our post on celebs911. Very interesting and insigthful messages that we receive. We also celebrate children and their birthdays with a little twist: http://babycelebs411.com/2010/11/15/adriana-limas-daughter-is-celebrating-her-1st-birthday/

November 19, 2010 at 10:49 am | Report abuse |