Chris Brown praised for probation behavior
November 19th, 2010

Chris Brown praised for probation behavior

Singer Chris Brown was praised for sticking to his probation during a progress hearing at an L.A. courtroom yesterday, according to MTV News.

"Of all probationers I've ever had, and I've had thousands of probationers, no one has ever done a better or more consistent job than you have,"Judge Patricia Schnegg told Brown, who was sentenced to 180 days of community labor and required to attend domestic-violence counseling following his February 2009 attack on then-girlfriend Rihanna.

"I really want to commend you for taking responsibility," said Schnegg, "and for actually working diligently to complete all of the things the court has required of you."

The 21-year-old singer, who is barred from associating with Rihanna, 22, has completed 581 hours of community labor and has seven more counseling sessions remaining. His next court appearance is January 28, and Schnegg believes it will be his last.

"You've done a very good job," she told Brown.

1. icon set

Very good piece

October 10, 2012 at 5:34 am | Report abuse |
  2. celebs911

Chris Brown, you did good and we hope your anger went away or is under control. We could help! Check out our post for Rihanna and yourself? xoxo

November 23, 2010 at 8:38 am | Report abuse |
  3. Lil_Rizzle

OMG all yall sum idiots Breezy rocks nd should take tha number 1 spot Trey Songz should be on probation for being talentless

November 21, 2010 at 3:28 pm | Report abuse |
  4. queenofbs

Hey Keesha, whay are you defending him? Are you his mother. He SHOULD be on probation, doing community service & "serving his time", he committed a crime! I seriouslt doubt he's the only criminal to follow a judge's orders. He's doing what is expected and that's great but he's not a saint!

November 19, 2010 at 11:14 pm | Report abuse |
    • yvonne

I know your replying to keesha but I gotta ask you Who said he was a saint!? I think we all agree that he was wrong in what he did and obviously he wasn't gonna get off scott free.Like the judge said he's doing great especially since most celebs don't take there probation seriously at all like lindsey lohan and Ti.

November 20, 2010 at 6:01 pm | Report abuse |
    • Keesha

Just like Yvonne said, no one ever said that he was a saint. I am saying that compared to many other celebrities that have gotten into trouble recently, he seems to be one of the very few who is actually taking his punishment seriously. That judge that commended Chris is the same judge for Lindsey Lohan, who as many people know, has violated her probation and has missed court dates. I am also saying to not judge him, and to forgive, but never forget.

November 21, 2010 at 4:26 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Keesha

Anyway, I am glad that he is moving on with his life and is continuing to make music, because he is very talented. I personally cannot wait for F.A.M.E.

November 19, 2010 at 6:27 pm | Report abuse |
  6. WLM

I dont think anyone should commend him for "work well done" It is idiotic. He should be in jail period...... If that was your daughter, mother, friend that he beat up, you would be singing a different tune.

November 19, 2010 at 2:59 pm | Report abuse |
    • Keesha

Well if Chris Brown should be in jail, then all of the other first offenders who are not celebrities should have not received their 1-year probations without stay away orders and should have been thrown in jail, right? I will never sit here and say what Chris did was right, but he wasn't the one who chose his punishment, the California Judge did. He is doing what the courts have asked of him and he is staying out of trouble, which is way more commendable than the behavior of so many other celebrities who are twice his age. To answer your question, or point rather, if that was my daughter or friend, I would be angry at the abuser, and I would despise his actions, but I know that I would not condemn him because I would want to see him learn from his actions and help others learn from his past mistakes. But I also have a point for you: If Chris was your son, father, uncle, or friend, would you be so willing to condemn him for all eternity? Or would you be willing to give him a second chance if you saw that he was staying out of trouble and was taking responsibility for his actions?

November 19, 2010 at 6:14 pm | Report abuse |
  7. lexo

For those who feel the need to leave a negative comment. GROW up!!!!! The young man made a mistake and has learned from it. Everyone makes mistakes... I can say that I adore this young man... I hop that he goes really far. I am counting down for the release of FAME!!!!!! "Forgiving all My Enemies".............

November 19, 2010 at 2:32 pm | Report abuse |
  8. RihannaRules

sure .....a model citizen........................
    Rihanna is now a mega-star!!
    Hey Chris Brown did you go to any dodger games last season?

November 19, 2010 at 1:09 pm | Report abuse |
  9. dbox

new track feat chris browns sister enjoy http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sH4zZctQPb8

November 19, 2010 at 12:42 pm | Report abuse |
  10. yvonne

Im very proud of chris. He's paying his dues and moving on with his life. He's got a world tour and a new album coming up too. Im so excited! Im not sure why people can't just move on. Its been almost 2 years since it happened. If ppl can let charlie sheen move on they should let chris do the same

November 19, 2010 at 12:37 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Christine

Well done Chris Brown! He was so stupid to have made the mistake he made but a least he knows he was stupid and wants work to make himself a better person! He is like the only celeb I have heard of that is takes their probation seriously so well done Chris!!!

November 19, 2010 at 11:40 am | Report abuse |
  12. frankie

Chris brown is a nice guy. He made a mistake n he is truely sori.

November 19, 2010 at 11:17 am | Report abuse |
    • Ron31

So beating on a woman is being a nice guy.

November 19, 2010 at 11:37 am | Report abuse |
    • cheefsfury

YAH HE REDEEMED HIMSELF BY BUSTING INTO TEARS WHILE DANCING TRYING TO BE LIKE MJ ON TV BUT ONLY DUM BOUGHT IT

November 19, 2010 at 12:14 pm | Report abuse |
    • Samantha

you need to learn about forgiveness Ron.

November 19, 2010 at 1:46 pm | Report abuse |
  13. p steele

I met Chris brown at probabtion and did community service together. i could really see that he was committed to getting better making a difference in the community. He helped clean up my neighborhood then we got in one little fight and our P.O got scared said "youre moving with another P.O. in Belair" we whistled for a cab and when it came near the lisence plate said Fresh and had a dice in the mirror. if anything I could say that this cab was rare but i thought nah forget it yo home to Belair Air! We pulled up to PO at about 7 or 8 and i yelled to the cabbie yo home smell ya later..looked at my kingdom i was finally there to sit on my throne as the prince of Belair.

November 19, 2010 at 10:14 am | Report abuse |
    • Ron31

I doubt it very seriously that you did community service with Chris Brown...you just wanted to let people know that you know the "Fresh Prince of Bel-Aire" theme. Your an Idiot.

November 19, 2010 at 10:52 am | Report abuse |
    • cyberpolice

If you are going to attempt to try to sound smarter than someone on the internet, try and use the correct "your" and check your grammar.

November 19, 2010 at 11:51 am | Report abuse |
    • Samantha

i need an english teacher cuz his use of youre looks fine other than he forgot the '. god spell checking humans on the internet are such dweebs.

November 19, 2010 at 1:45 pm | Report abuse |
    • cyberpolice

It would also appear that you need glasses because he also did not use the letter "e."

November 19, 2010 at 1:50 pm | Report abuse |
  14. cheefsfury

ITS PRETTY EASY TO NOT BEAT ANYONE IF YOU TRY HARD I GUESS

November 19, 2010 at 10:04 am | Report abuse |
  15. love

O i would love it too getting beat buy him so he can stand there and watch me cry

November 19, 2010 at 10:04 am | Report abuse |