Tony Parker in sync with wife on divorce
November 18th, 2010

Tony Parker in sync with wife on divorce

Eva Longoria and her soon-to-be-ex husband, NBA star Tony Parker, agree on at least one thing: They’re both sad about filing for a divorce.

On Thursday afternoon, Parker posted the following on his official Facebook page: “It is with great sadness that after 7 years together, Eva and I have decided to divorce. We love each other deeply and pray for each other’s happiness.” (It sounds familiar because it’s the same statement Longoria tweeted Wednesday.)

Parker posted the statement after providing an elusive interview before a Spurs basketball game against the Chicago Bulls on Wednesday. “This is a difficult time right now for me and Eva," he told reporters according to CNN affiliate KSAT in San Antonio. "Everything else is our private life.”

Even those infidelity rumors. Longoria reportedly told “Extra’s” Mario Lopez that she’d found “hundreds of text messages” on Parker’s phone from a woman married to a fellow Spurs player.

When asked to comment, Parker simply responded, “Everything else is our private life. That's my private life."

Yesterday, Longoria filed for divorce on the grounds of “irreconcilable differences" and is seeking spousal support, according to a petition filed in Los Angeles Superior Court. The couple signed a prenuptial agreement prior to their wedding in July, 2007, and amended the document in June of 2009.

While it's been reported that Longoria plans to spend Thanksgiving with friends, it looks like Parker's turning to his San Antonio Spurs teammates for support.

"I'm [getting] great support from teammates and coaches," Parker said. "Right now, I just want to concentrate 100 percent on...winning basketball games."

Filed under: Celebrities

1. click me

Thanks a bunch for sharing this with all folks you really realize what you are speaking about! Bookmarked. Please additionally consult with my web site =). We may have a hyperlink change agreement between us

June 8, 2012 at 5:42 am | Report abuse |
  2. Speedy G

These 2 are a joke. Oh and ugly too.

November 29, 2010 at 9:52 pm | Report abuse |
  3. shoobee

If my husband cheated on me u are damn right im gonna hurt him in his wallet! And for the comment about cheating because of a tv show, if a woman does that because of something she saw on tv then those women are idiots! I have watched the show from day one and it has not crossed my mind to cheat at all! if they cheat its because they do not have a stable relationship with their partner. Not because of a show!

November 19, 2010 at 11:27 am | Report abuse |
  4. Tigger1215

Hey, he's French – what more can I say???? Oh & he's also a jerk!!

November 19, 2010 at 9:59 am | Report abuse |
  5. uws12

Private? tony and eva have been pushing thier union in everyones face for years. now that they are and now that they are divorcing – it's private? you can't have it both ways. they opened the door. this is likely another attention grab like when they faked breaking up before they got married. shame

November 19, 2010 at 9:44 am | Report abuse |
  6. Timme62

Am wondering myself why she is asking for spousal support. Since they are parting due to "differences" and they both have/had successful careers there shouldn't be a need for support. And before I get blasted by the women on this site about his cheating, I am a female.

November 19, 2010 at 8:03 am | Report abuse |
  7. mushymushroom

How in the world would he have the support of his teammates when he cheated on his wife by having an affair with the wife of his teammate Brent Barry!!!???

You should be kicked in the nuts fugly Tony.

November 18, 2010 at 11:29 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Sam

She plays an adulteress who cheats on her husband on her show... Her husband cheats on her...

Don't care what anyone says. Her show subtly promotes adultery and makes it look cool and not so bad. I wonder how many women starting thinking about cheating because of that show.

You reap what you sow. Even if it's just a "character."

November 18, 2010 at 10:37 pm | Report abuse |
  9. celebs911

we will be posting our predictions on Eva Langoria and her decision to file for divorce:) our sources say it's not the right thing to do.In the meanwhile, we posted a special message from Princess Diana to Prince William on his Royal engagement: http://celebs911.com/2010/11/17/princess-dianas-message-to-prince-william-on-his-engagement/

November 18, 2010 at 9:19 pm | Report abuse |
  10. koybeen

Apparently flirting is only bad if you are a man.

November 18, 2010 at 9:13 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Marta

If they're so sad, because they are divorcing... How about they stay together and be happy!!

November 18, 2010 at 7:41 pm | Report abuse |
  12. richardzowie

She's an actress on what has been a very popular TV show, not to mention movies she makes. Why does she need alimony? After all, Christina Aguilera was allegedly cheating but yet says she won't pay Jordan Bratman any alimony.

November 18, 2010 at 7:33 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Anastasia

I just wonder why or what happened between Tony Parker and his wife ...
    I just hope that Tony Parker will still play basketball.....
    he shouldn't give up his career over the divorce....

November 18, 2010 at 7:02 pm | Report abuse |
    • Robin

Why feel sorry for him? He cheated. C'mmon. Why would you think he would give up basketball? If he can cheat, I am sure he will contine to play basketball and keep that first. He's not that devestated.

November 19, 2010 at 7:24 am | Report abuse |