RiRi on Drake: Real attraction at the wrong time
November 18th, 2010

RiRi on Drake: Real attraction at the wrong time

Fresh on the heels of her newly released album, “Loud,” Rihanna is making the media rounds and doing some serious talking.

From her “f– you” chain controversy to her latest flame, the pop star isn’t holding back. As it turns out, the rumored romance between Rihanna and Drake was actually real.

In an interview with radio host Angie Martinez, the singer opens up about her “What’s My Name” collaborator and whether or not the two actually dated. “We weren’t really sure what it was,” Rihanna told Martinez.

Regardless of their relationship title - and the fact that Drake was quoted as saying he felt like he was Rihanna’s “pawn” - RiRi says that she and the Young Money crooner were definitely into each other.

“I definitely was attracted to Drake, but I think it is what it is, like it was what it was,” she said. “We didn’t want to take it any further. It was at a really fragile time in my life, so I just didn’t want to get too serious with anything or anyone at that time.”

Rihanna is currently dating L.A. Dodgers outfielder Matt Kemp (who she claims loves her duet with Drizzy).

Changing topics and radio shows, Rihanna also made a stop by the Ed Lover and Malikha Mallette set to address blogs and particularly the commenters, for whom she had some harsh choice words.

“I’m a lot more numb to it now only because I understand what it is. It’s a community for people who don’t have anything else to do and hate themselves, they hate their life, they hate their job, they hate their appearance,” she said before continuing with, “they are uncomfortable with who they are so what makes them feel good is talking smack about other people who they think they will never ever see in their life and they happen to be celebrities.”

Filed under: Celebrities • Music

1. gracious greg

guess no one remembers the news articles about rihanna having herpes...why do rich celebrities chase a burning badger like her? and that forehead? uggh...her eyes are chasing her chin and leaving her forehead behind.

November 27, 2010 at 11:25 pm | Report abuse |
  2. WLM

Its unfortunate that people have to tear others down to make themselves feel better. Rihanna may not be your cup of tea and you may not think she is beautiful, but remember that people feel the same way about your and your face.. so you should take time and not worry about other people and worry about yourself. Rihanna is doing her thing, whether your like it or not. Dont be jealous cause you wish you were famous!

November 19, 2010 at 2:55 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Dana

I think she is a very pretty girl as well. However, she Cannot Sing, she played the abused thing too hard and she presents herself in a negative light because she can't seem to chill out and focus on her career. Jumpin from one man to the next doesn't work for the poor or the rich.. I am no where near a 'hater' cause I don't give her the time of day, nor my money.

November 19, 2010 at 12:46 pm | Report abuse |
  4. kaylaa;*

better! im sorry rihanna but....

November 19, 2010 at 11:01 am | Report abuse |
  5. kaylaa;*

okayy..i <3 rihanna!but i would think that my baby(: DRAKE would find sum1 WAAAAAYYYYY

November 19, 2010 at 11:00 am | Report abuse |
    • cheefsfury

EVERYTIME I SEE DRAKE SPEAK I ECXPECT FOR POO TO COME OUT OF HIS MOUTH CUZ I CANT TELL WHAT IM LOOKING AT

November 19, 2010 at 11:04 am | Report abuse |
  6. Adam L

This might just be the most amazing writer in the history of the planet. People you are witnessing a legend.

November 19, 2010 at 9:37 am | Report abuse |
  7. Trish

O well she is turning into a hoe like the rest of then. She started out so sweet.girl u look nasty now riri. Lmao.

November 19, 2010 at 9:22 am | Report abuse |
  8. Ron31

I think that Rihanna is a very attractive woman with amazing talent,and I wish her the best of luck with Matt Kemp. She probably is still cautious about dating musician's after the whole Chris Brown incident.

November 19, 2010 at 8:56 am | Report abuse |
  9. Carol

She is a pretty girl but in terms of singing ability imo she just doesn't have it. It's unfortunate today what the music industry settles for.

November 19, 2010 at 6:41 am | Report abuse |
  10. Terri

She's beautiful and I love her music. I figured she and Drake didn't get together because it was too soon after the Chris Brown incident.

November 18, 2010 at 9:19 pm | Report abuse |
  11. She sucks

Wow she's dumb. I'd leave my dude for drake any day and I love my fiancé. Lol.

November 18, 2010 at 6:05 pm | Report abuse |
    • Eric

Actually Drake sucks and I hate the way he ruined Imogen Heaps's Hide and Seek song with his stupid rip off.

November 18, 2010 at 7:40 pm | Report abuse |
    • She sucks

Well if he ripped him off it was to make those songs better. And who ask you Erick? Hop off my theoretical c o c k

November 19, 2010 at 3:19 am | Report abuse |
  12. Juli

I love that song ,it rocks

November 18, 2010 at 5:01 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Big Gay Al

scary

November 18, 2010 at 5:01 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Harry Seaward

Huh?

November 18, 2010 at 5:00 pm | Report abuse |
  15. babycelebs411

we've posted our predictions on Rihanna:) she is wonderful and love her new song. celebs911

November 18, 2010 at 4:52 pm | Report abuse |
  16. cheefsfury

THE FACT THAT ANYONE CAN FIND HER ATTRACTIVE BOGGLES MY MIND I MEAN COME ON LOOK AT HER SHE LOOKS LIKE A LLAMA THAT GOT ITS HAIR DIED FIRE TRUCK

November 18, 2010 at 4:48 pm | Report abuse |
    • She sucks

I agree I like some of her music but I don't understand how can anybody like her. She has the biggest forhead I've ever seen. And I've seen huge domes before.

November 18, 2010 at 6:08 pm | Report abuse |
    • crystal burger

YOU GUYS REALLY NEED TO GET A LIFE. EXPLAIN TO ME HOW IT MAKES YOU FEEL GOOD OR BETTER ABOUT YOURSELVES TO PUT DOWN A YOUNG WOMAN.

November 19, 2010 at 9:22 am | Report abuse |