'Showbiz Tonight' Flashpoint: Should Bristol win 'DWTS'?
November 17th, 2010

'Showbiz Tonight' Flashpoint: Should Bristol win 'DWTS'?

Hey, it’s Brooke! There is such shock today over Bristol making it to the “Dancing” finals! I’ve been rooting for her, but I have to say, I was stunned to see high scoring Brandy get the boot instead of Bristol.

So could Bristol actually win the whole thing? Call me crazy, but I'm starting to think it's possible! Tell me what you think by posting below.

There’s more stunning Palin drama today too: Bristol’s 16-year-old sister, Willow, is taking some major heat today for posting a homophobic slur on her Facebook page. The story is everywhere today, but is it fair to target Willow since she is just 16?

And since the news that Prince William and Kate Middleton are engaged whipped people into a frenzy worldwide, I have to ask today: Is Kate ready to become the biggest star in the world? The excitement over their marriage could have us all saying, “Brangelina, who?”

See you on "Showbiz Tonight" at 5 p.m. ET and again at 11 p.m. ET/PT on HLN today!

Watch Showbiz Tonight Weekdays Exclusively at 11PM ET on HLN.

1. Junebug

I get that it's a popularity contest – why even have dance judges if it doesn't matter if you can dance / have an iota of talent / turn like you are in a barrel going over Niagara Falls?

It's a joke. And yes people could vote for their choice, but one segment has been coached to cheat & register every email address they can think up – and 1 voter can put in 300 votes – what does it matter? Whether or not Palin "wins" she should know she never deserved to last 1 episode, let alone make the finals. It's rigged, it's a farce. She may start to believe she has some talent & I'd love to see her try to make a go of it as a professional dancer. You don't even get an audition if your thighs keep moving long after the rest of you has stopped. I'd say don't quit your day job, but what is her day job? Popping out babies when she should be in high school?

November 23, 2010 at 2:32 am | Report abuse |
  2. EngCon

I think it's even more poetic that Jennifer and Derek got perfect scores today and haha, she will still lose!!! I love it, it's the best season since this stupid show started. I think at this point even brain dead celebrities realize who's in charge, lmao.

November 22, 2010 at 9:42 pm | Report abuse |
  3. MaryDuffy

Does no one realize that Brandy- who went hunting for minority votes on Radio Shows, split the minority vote with much more exciting Kyle? In the meanwhile, the conservatives and the fans of the underdog put Bristol back in for another week every week. Brandy and Jennifer are professional entertainers. I am a conservsative, but think I will vote for Kyle, for his million dollar charm and charisma- he is the one I like to watch.
    PLEASE, GET OVER THE CONSPIRACY THEORIES. This is a lot like high school- a big popularity contest.

November 20, 2010 at 7:39 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Patty

I know Bristol Palin is not the best dancer on dwts, but she did fantastic for someone who never danced at all. I am a huge fan of hers. I am not with the tea party or any other party. I am a young 72 years of age, and love this show. As to Brandy, I am not a fan of hers; she was so full of herself for weeks that no one could beat her. She had me believing it too. For the record, Bristol's Mom was NOT at every show as indicated on CNN's show on Sat evening at 7:10 p.m. People have to vote and it is obvious that Brandy's friends didn't vote. Some of these so-called stars were never heard of until they appeared on Dancing With The Stars. You are allowed SIX phone calls when you vote. A lot of people don't know this. I am sure all of Alaska voted for Bristol. I am in agreement with Jim H. Good luck Bristol!!

November 20, 2010 at 7:23 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Jim H

You people who are criticizing Bristol are ridicules. I bet if Kurt Warner was still on the show nobody would care. Maybe she's getting a lot of votes because people are constantly beating on her!!! Tea party conspiracy!! She has come along way and people respect that. She's not whinning constantly like Grey or Brandy. Jennifer Gray is pitiful. Everybody thought Bristol was a side show and thought she would make a fool of herself. why don't you people shut the hell up or don't watch the damn show. Congrats!! Bristol, go get them.

November 20, 2010 at 1:29 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Dalton

I was thinking about the guy that shot his tv because of Bristol on Dancing with the Stars, and I can only imagine what went through his mind..."I hate that sucka...I'll show her fat butt...I'll just shoot my TV...that'll show her...What now Bristol???...that's right i shot you through the tv"...me personally I wouldve just changed channels...but you know whatever floats your boat I guess...

November 20, 2010 at 12:06 am | Report abuse |
  7. Larry

This is becoming a political show by the Tea Party and not depending upon talent. Why do they give the judges the money they give them if it doesn't make a difference. I think that the public voting is a fraud!!!!!!!!!! Bristol should never have been on the show. It just demonstrates how far our morality has gone having an UNWED MOTHER on the show!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

November 19, 2010 at 6:56 pm | Report abuse |
    • crissy

every comment, every blog, every entertainment show is all about Bristol all the time every week. A STAR is on the rise and looks like we will have two Palin Presidents in the future. Sarah is 2012 and Bristol in 2036. thanks for making her such a Star.

November 20, 2010 at 2:59 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Fran

Did the idea that DWTS was a contest for anyone with no showbiz talent get lost in everyones minds? I believe that the voters calling in are also counted as well as the judges.
    Why should Bristol be subjected to the ridicule of so many who haven't ever cast a vote in anyones favor? I'd like to see this young girl just be left alone to dance,Come on people.SHOOTING OUT YOUR TV????? What are we all becoming to let this go so far?

November 19, 2010 at 5:38 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Raindrops

It is sad that many talented "stars" were given the boot. I am wondering how she ever qualified for the show anyway??? What is her talent anyway? Teenage mom???? Please! We have a lot of impressionable minds out there. I hope they don't take her route to stardom. Octo-mom tried it therefore we have to be careful who we place on a pedestal.

November 19, 2010 at 3:01 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Beckah

OH and i definetly agree with jon..FOR all these brandy fanS & bristol haters..DID YOU VOTE?

November 19, 2010 at 2:15 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Beckah

i agree with fay, bristol is young with a little practice she can be good..some acting lessons should hit the spot :)

November 19, 2010 at 2:03 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Fay

From the very first I felt Bristol should take acting lessons. She seems to dance OK but she is made up to look like a doll with no facial emotion and stiff as a board.

November 18, 2010 at 11:28 pm | Report abuse |
    • Brian D.

The voting system is screwed up . My wife voted for Brandy and phone came back and said she voted for Bristol. some one better check it out.

November 20, 2010 at 12:47 pm | Report abuse |
  13. gloverl12@aol.com

Where is Kanye West when you need him. He should have interrupted the announcers and said "I'm sorry Bristol but Brandy is the better dancers".

November 18, 2010 at 9:43 pm | Report abuse |
  14. craig

No one cares about the politics but the whiney left! we just like Bristol!!!! If she wins DWTS will go on...prob bigger than ever!!!!

November 18, 2010 at 9:37 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Michael Gonzales

I like the Palins but I dont know why this show put Bristol Palin on DWTS. It's unavoidable that people are going too bring in Partisan politics into DWTS and that as a huge mistake in my opinion. Liberals are going too see everything she does as wrong, ignore what she does right and moan and complain. The Republicans and people that like her mom are going too see her in a mostly positive light and tend too overlook her mistakes. I fear in todays partisan enviroment that as we are seeing people are voting more for who they like more then who is the best one out their. DWTS should stick too singers, actors and other celebrities and for the love of all thats good keep political figures out of it!! It only brings misery and fighting too a show that should only be about fun and enjoying some good dancing.

November 18, 2010 at 8:19 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Dottie Sinkler

DWTS has been "commandered" by the teabag party. Quite disgusting when a non-dancing Palin is kept on the show when much better dancers were booted. One person today bragged that she voted for Palin 500 times. The show is doomed if she wins – it really needs to change its format and let the sitting judges have the final say, not the right wing who like Bristol have no rhythm and cannot dance.

November 18, 2010 at 8:19 pm | Report abuse |
  17. kati

All the pro's will come back next year...ur so dramatic...calm yourself Don.

November 18, 2010 at 8:10 pm | Report abuse |
  18. kati

Bristol is the best dancer on DWTS!!! I loved her dances Monday! Also, she's so real!!! I sooo hope she wins...everyone I know is voting for Bristol!!! Go girl!

November 18, 2010 at 8:07 pm | Report abuse |
  19. DonFrancisco

Who is Jennifer Grey anyway? Bristol Palin all the way! She's going to surprise you like her mom will in 2012!

November 18, 2010 at 6:52 pm | Report abuse |
  20. Dena

If Bristol Palin had any intelligence or class she would bow out gracefully. It's so sad that these professional instructors put in so much time and energy to have someone be put through that has absolutely no talent at all. I 'm sure next year the show's ratings will be in the toilet. I'd also be surprised if any of the current instructors come back.

November 18, 2010 at 6:03 pm | Report abuse |
  21. John

To all you "Brandy got robbed," fans: Did you vote for Brandy? Do you know how the show works?
    Before you become Bristol haters, answer the questions. Brandy did not get robbed. She did not get the votes.
    Very simple.

November 18, 2010 at 11:49 am | Report abuse |
    • pleeze

I agree John. See the problem is most of these people are either 15 years old, really ignorant – or both.

November 18, 2010 at 3:42 pm | Report abuse |
  22. Fay

I think only the judges should decide the semi-finals and finals. I like Bristol but she should realize what a travesty this has been to be chosen over Brandy. She should realize that although she has improved her dancing it does not in any way come close to Brandy's talent. She should do the honorable thing and eliminate herself from the show and ask that Brandy take her place. I think she would find that she would command respect from a lot of people.

November 18, 2010 at 11:27 am | Report abuse |
    • Faith

I totally agree with you that the judges should be the ones to decide the finals, but I don't agree that Bristol should step down. I think it would be a disaster for her. They would compare her to Sarah Palin stepping down from her government position and they would also accuse her of not being able to handle the pressure. I think she can't win no matter what she does. Very sad.

November 18, 2010 at 12:57 pm | Report abuse |
    • NancyAndPhil

Out of curiosity, did you watch the second season of DWTS? Stacy Kiebler was a far better dancer then Jerry Rice and Drew Lachey and she was voted off. Drew had the voter base since he was obviously more known because of his fame with 98 degrees. So where was everyone's outrage back then??? Oh wait, everyone saves their hatred for the Palin family........get over yourselves

November 18, 2010 at 3:52 pm | Report abuse |
    • mike

to NancyandPhil...OMG!! Why is it you paraonid psychopaths immediately go on the defensive about anything Palin. Even and idiot like you must admit she is NOT a better dancer than Brandy...or Rick...or even Aurdrina. C'mon..get real. Leave politics OUT of it...and stop thinking the whole world is against you and the Palins....only 3/4 are.

November 18, 2010 at 4:09 pm | Report abuse |
  23. Liz

Go Kyle!

November 18, 2010 at 11:13 am | Report abuse |
  24. Faith

I don't think Bristol should win, but such negative personal attacks about her is disgusting. She was asked by DWTS to be on the show and she is doing the best she can. She has no say over who votes for her. These bullying comments can be harmful to her if she takes them to heart. Has no one learned from the news what bullying can do to a person? Why must you be so hateful? Maybe you could direct your anger at the producers and give them a call with your suggestions.

November 18, 2010 at 11:02 am | Report abuse |
    • matt

Most of the attacks are coming from so-called 'tolerant' liberals. They only show tolerance toward things they choose to tolerate. It's called hypocrisy, and no, I am not republican.

November 18, 2010 at 3:45 pm | Report abuse |
  25. kaylaa;*

okayy...well i could care less wat her ma does thats seperate from this yea i understand..but i do think && im sure many others think the same way that just because of who her ma is has a lil part in her scores...im NOT HATING on her what so ever..i like her but i dnt feel that she should still be here..&& im sure that many others agree that BRANDY should still be there. sorry but thats just how i feel.

November 18, 2010 at 10:12 am | Report abuse |
  26. Yes

I think everyone needs to stop hating on this girl. What her mother does is seperate from what she does can no one on here take that into consideration?

November 18, 2010 at 9:47 am | Report abuse |
  27. jen

Bristol looks more like Jennifer Gray than Jennifer Gray...................................are we absolutely sure this is the same person who was in dirty dancing?

November 18, 2010 at 9:32 am | Report abuse |
  28. lala

Ummm do you really think it's fair if Jennifer wins?!?!? No way!! She has had ample dance experience...so has Brandy!! Not fair to everyone else this season–GO bristol and Kyle!!!!!

November 18, 2010 at 8:48 am | Report abuse |
  29. Bee

The Question is, why was she placed on this show in the first place.Her 15 minutes of fame via her mother as a Teen Activist is a joke..This is definitely political, and DWTS, should be ashamed of themselves for even having her on the show.

November 18, 2010 at 8:31 am | Report abuse |
  30. Bristol Fan

I hope Bristol wins. She is by far the most interesting and the most improved! Brandy is boring, therefore, no one voted for her so she went home. The Tea Party may be helping Bristol but there are others, like me, who can't stand the Tea Party or Sarah Palin and are voting for her as the underdog because she is real and likeable. The show continues to get great ratings so ABC and the producers are to be applauded.

November 18, 2010 at 7:58 am | Report abuse |
  31. Grace

It is not hate or love. It is judged by dancing not anything else. Be fair. Be honest. The voting system itself is not right. When the audience (you have to watch before you vote) is the opposite of judge points, there is problem. Either the judges are not professional enough or the counting method is wrong. The meaning time, the show is not worth to watch.

November 18, 2010 at 2:49 am | Report abuse |
  32. Isabel

I think is only fitting that the worst dancer gets the ugliest trophy. That being said, Bristol is the winner! Next year, rename the show Dancing with WHO?

November 18, 2010 at 1:53 am | Report abuse |
  33. Kriss77

If Jennifer G. doesn't win this, I will NEVER, ever watch this show again. The fact that it's become a popularity contest instead of an actual dance contest is rediculous. Brandy should have stayed and Bristol... no offence to her because I do like her, should have been booted off. Again, I like Bristol. I have great respect for her, but she is no where near as good as Jennifer or Brandy.

November 18, 2010 at 12:13 am | Report abuse |
  34. travis

Haters!!

November 17, 2010 at 10:50 pm | Report abuse |
  35. mimi

People didn't care for the lack of chemistry between Brandy & Maks...people like to see Bristol!! It's not about politics–she's just likeable. You should always vote for the dancer you want to see the following week...the 3 left were everyones faves throughout the season!!! You know its true.

November 17, 2010 at 10:47 pm | Report abuse |
  36. nyan

To hell with winning, she shouldn't even be there in the first place. I tune in to watch celebrities, not the kid of someone who can see Russia from her house and thinks that qualifies her to run the country.

Has she improved? Yeah. Is she even CLOSE to being a good enough dancer to win? Not a snowball in a frying pan's chance in hell. The ballroom dancer in me is offended she's even gotten this far.

Ugh.

November 17, 2010 at 9:50 pm | Report abuse |
  37. cuzz

why are you hating on bristol she can't vote for herself people like the kid brandy said she killed someone in a car wreck maybe she was found innocent because of who she was, maybe a lesser known person might have went to prison so popularity has its advantages

November 17, 2010 at 9:41 pm | Report abuse |
  38. Bubbles

I can't believe what I am reading from most of the comments. Guys, people are voting for Bristol because they like her. If it was a decision from the judges, Bristol would have been gone a long time ago. How many of you out there voted for Brandy? If you did not, you have nothing to say. Go and vote for your favorite if you don't want Bristol to win. I will vote for Bristol becasue I like her and I like the chemistry she has with mark. this is a democracy. the hatred for Bristol from most of you is unwarrendted. GET OUT AND VOTE and let the chips fall where they may.

November 17, 2010 at 9:31 pm | Report abuse |
    • Nicole

Her "chemistry" with Mark? Seriously? Do you mean that really uncomfortable face she gets when she has to get anywhere near his face? The blank stare she has while dancing with him or looking at him? The way she sort of winces when he hugs her? That chemistry?

November 18, 2010 at 5:25 am | Report abuse |
  39. Gramma

OK, lets look at this from a different point of view. I have nothing against Bristol, but why was she ever considered a "Star" in the first place? Her Moms is a public figure, that does not make Bristol a star. Now, about the voting. Jennifer got enough votes to keep her in, Kyle (who I LOVE) got enough votes to keep him in, the difference here with Brandy is not that Bristol has some secret national possee, it is that Brandy did not get enough votes from her fans to keep her in the running. Jennifer and Kyles' fans managed to get in enough votes to keep them in the running, or the dancing if you will. Bristol , Jennifer and Kyles fans simply outnumber Brandys. The way to have your favorite win, is to VOTE.

November 17, 2010 at 6:45 pm | Report abuse |
  40. marilyn

To Mary and Toni...yes, I did vote to keep Brandi on and also for Jennifer. But it's impossible to compete with the Palin machine who are not voting for the best dancer.

November 17, 2010 at 6:39 pm | Report abuse |
  41. marilyn

I have been a big fan of DWTS for many seasons and have always looked forward to watching the show. Not anymore. I've been so disappointed with the way in which the judges have soft-balled Bristol's scores. Carrie Ann has been especially embarrassing in her voting. Is she angling for Secretary of Choreography in a Palin administration?
    I am seriously considering becoming an EX DWTS fan. If Bristol wins next week and there is no revision in the way voting is done, this will be my last season as a viewer.

November 17, 2010 at 6:35 pm | Report abuse |
  42. Joan

DWTS is a joke. If Bristol Palin wins I will never watch show again. She should have been gone long ago if show
    is based on talent. Viewers that are voting for her must be stupid or perhaps really fans of Sarah Palin . She is
    also a joke.

November 17, 2010 at 6:30 pm | Report abuse |
  43. Jane

This show IS supposed to be about dancing right????? Because if it is then Bristol should have gone home last night NOT Brandy. And glenna if you want to talk about arrogance take another look at Bristol because she has made her own arrogant comments. I was extremely angry when I watched last night but was not suprised at all. She has not been judged like the rest of the dancers ALL season. The judges are easier on her and she doesn't have to work as hard as the rest of the dancers do for their scores. I AM outraged & discusted with the show. I will no longer watch it anymore because it is NOT fare by FAR. Bristol should walk off because she KNOWS she doesn't deserve to be there anymore!!!!!!!!!!!!! GO HOME BRISTOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

November 17, 2010 at 6:06 pm | Report abuse |
  44. toni

OMG, what is with every one ? I wont watch it if bristol wins whats with that ? Please she may not be the best dancer but she puts her all into every dance just like them all, and so what if she is more popular than Brandy, its the votes that matter in the end so maybe all you negetive people should stop complaining and pick up the phone and vote next time ??

November 17, 2010 at 5:43 pm | Report abuse |
  45. Mary

I would like to comment on the lady that said she was not going to watch the rest of dwts. did she vote to keep brandy ????

November 17, 2010 at 5:26 pm | Report abuse |
  46. glenna

It's NOT the BEST dancer – it's your FAVORITE dancer !! Why can't Bristol be our FAVORITE dancer? Brandy is arrogant as is Max. Bristol has good feet and good lines (Len has said that more than once). She's scared to death – how would YOU like to be Sarah Palin's daughter AND a single Mom and someone who has had an ex-boyfriend TRASH you? I think she more than deserves to win – Mark has done a great job with her!!!!

November 17, 2010 at 5:12 pm | Report abuse |
  47. Ann

The judges have been brutal with their criticism of all dancers except Bristol. Why? Don't want to upset mama?? Bristol should have been voted off long ago. Need to change voting technique. Let judges have more say. If Bristol wins, I will no longer watch DWTS! Don't need dance instructors if it's a popularity contest.

November 17, 2010 at 4:51 pm | Report abuse |
    • mary

OMG are you seious ??? change voting techniques ! its up to the public to vote, and bristol deserves to win just as much as anyone else !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

November 17, 2010 at 5:32 pm | Report abuse |
    • sheeplady

Ann I feel just like you do!!!!

November 17, 2010 at 7:59 pm | Report abuse |
  48. Debra

What a wierd question! When I see her dance, I puke in my own mouth! Get her the heck off that show please everyone knows she cant dance and Alaska has othing better to do than vote for the tard.

November 17, 2010 at 4:51 pm | Report abuse |
    • Alisha

You Puke in your own mouth? Well, I suppose that is better than puking in someone elses!

November 17, 2010 at 9:05 pm | Report abuse |
  49. KEN

I BELIEVE THE ENGLISH VERSION OF THIS SHOW ALLOWS VOTERS TO CHOOSE THE BOTTOM TWO OR THREE, THEN THE JUDGES DECIDE. A GOOD SHOW IS IN DANGER OF BECOMING A JOKE.

November 17, 2010 at 4:32 pm | Report abuse |
  50. annie

Brandy being sent home last night was just awful. She was a gorgeous impeccably talented young woman who was possibly the best dancer on the show....and they kept that fat pig instead cuz of who her mother is. They can deny it all they want..it's totally motivated by the Palin lovers. Yuck !!!

November 17, 2010 at 4:25 pm | Report abuse |
    • uRaSheeple

Mean-spirited personal attacks reveal your true character.
      Sad.......

November 18, 2010 at 3:57 pm | Report abuse |
  51. selma

Bristol should have been eliminated last night! Brandy and partner were perfect. The fix is in and I won't be watching the "Sarah and Bristol" show anymore!

November 17, 2010 at 4:25 pm | Report abuse |
  52. Victor

The show is called Dancing With The Stars, yet here we have an amateur dancer (if compared with some of the other couples already eliminated) who's only claim to fame is being the knocked up tenage daughter of a former vice president nominee. Somehow I don't think this is what the show's creatorr were thinking about when they came up with the premise.
    Bristol should have been eliminated five weeks ago. The fact that she made the finals just shows how messed up the voting system in this show is. You might as well do away with the dancing judges, it's obvious the american public couldn't care less about their opinion.

November 17, 2010 at 4:06 pm | Report abuse |
    • jen

You can blame the voting system all you want, but that has always been the format of the show. Get a clue....

November 18, 2010 at 3:59 pm | Report abuse |
  53. Marin

A win with tea-booger votes.. would be a totally tainted 'victory'. Then these folks can't figure out why they are a laughing stock to people who actually have a brain.

November 17, 2010 at 4:01 pm | Report abuse |
  54. debbie

Brandy was robbed last night along with a number of other contestants before her. "Battle of the Blades" (a Canadian figure skating show) has a great voting system I think, the viewers vote the bottom 3 and then the judges take it from there. It's such a shame what's been happening this season, I feel it's been a real embarasment to the show and has damaged it's credibilty. I want to add though that it's certainly not Bristol's fault she has been voted for but it's really not right that some of these dancers have gone home before her. They really have to address this and make a change for next season. Producers of the show PLEASE check out "Battle of the Blades"...it's a much better system in my opinion.

November 17, 2010 at 3:21 pm | Report abuse |
    • Nicole

Ahh, I like that idea Debbie! That makes complete sense, whichever 3 get the lowest scores by the judges, America could vote to pick which one they want to stay. Or were you saying it's the other way around? Either way, that would keep the highest scorers from going home. That makes complete sense! Yes, ABC should go with that!! Or just have the judges scores determine who stays in every week, then only have the viewers vote for the finals, then you would only have the best of the best in the last show!

November 18, 2010 at 5:18 am | Report abuse |
  55. Joe

They have just announced that they are changing the name of the show. It will now be called Dancing with talentless illigitimate children spewing Wasillabilly's.

Does that have a nice ring to it? You betcha!

November 17, 2010 at 3:17 pm | Report abuse |
    • lynneR

How about "Joe's a moron"

November 18, 2010 at 3:38 pm | Report abuse |
    • Joe

"How about "Joe's a moron""

What does that have to do with dancing? Maybe "Joe's a moron, who dances with talentless illigitimate children spewing Wasillabilly's"

That would be better, and more relevant.

November 18, 2010 at 4:05 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mary Duffy

Joe, In all due respect, you have every right to an opinion, but nasty denegration of another person only makes you look mean and somewhat 'dim.'

November 20, 2010 at 7:50 pm | Report abuse |
  56. Nina

If Bristol wins, it's because of her mom. DWTS will be as tarnished as Heidi Pratt's new boobs.

November 17, 2010 at 3:17 pm | Report abuse |
  57. mcgee

VOTING- ABC could close the Bristol Gate problem altogether if they stopped online voting for next week's finals–just allow phone and and text votes.Just a thought, it seems like a simple solution. why did no one think of it before last night's travesty. Just Check Jezebel.com to see why I am offering this suggestion.

November 17, 2010 at 3:14 pm | Report abuse |
    • Carol

I'm in total agreement McGee....I think ABC should play fair and have texts/phone calls only...and limit them to 5. That's stop this travesty of a train wreck from the tea baggers from taking BP to the finish line. If it were anybody else but that mess' daughter she'd would be sent packing long ago. It's disgraceful...ABC and the producers should be ashamed of themselves.

November 17, 2010 at 4:22 pm | Report abuse |
    • whinersanon

For all you whiners, here's a suggestion: If you think Bristol is being kept in the show by people using unfair voting tactics, then why don't you employ those same tactics for your favorite dancer?

November 18, 2010 at 3:36 pm | Report abuse |
  58. Linda Diane

Bristol has danced better than expected. but is NOT by any means the best dancer. This show is for the fans of the show and should not be an extension of political views. Every one I know has voted for Jennifer Gray from day one. If Bristol wins this year I will NEVER watch another season of "DWTS+

November 17, 2010 at 3:03 pm | Report abuse |
    • Tom

to LInda Dane...I'm with you ...I will never watch this piece a crap show again...after last years Gosselin mess...now this politically motivated disaster....I'm done. GFY ABC.

November 17, 2010 at 4:19 pm | Report abuse |
    • Alisha

Guess what? No one will notice or care whether you watch or not. I for one will continue to watch no matter who wins. It is my favorite show and this season has been a lot of fun to watch. Trust me, the stock market will not crash and the sun will come up again the day after....lol It's a TV show. :)

November 17, 2010 at 8:57 pm | Report abuse |
  59. joe

if she wins they will need three trophys. One for her, and one for each of her thighs.

November 17, 2010 at 3:02 pm | Report abuse |
    • Alisha

Bristol is not fat...she looks healthy and is very pretty – so unlike the anorexic actresses of Hollywood! She's just a teen so give her a break. You're sending a vey bad message to young girls all over...that they should starve and puke so they can be skinny waifs for guys like you!

November 17, 2010 at 8:50 pm | Report abuse |
    • joe

You must be a moon faced fatty too.

November 18, 2010 at 11:13 am | Report abuse |
    • Pablo

"You're sending a vey bad message to young girls all over'

Yes, a far better message for young women should be that they get knocked up at 16, drop out of school, pop out an illegitimate baby, have an on and off again reltionship with their baby daddy, and abondon their child to pursue a reality TV show dance contest. Why yes, that is far better message to send to young women than watching their weight.

Dummy.

November 18, 2010 at 11:38 am | Report abuse |
    • uRaSheeple

Joe, you're just a mean-spirited dolt.

November 18, 2010 at 3:34 pm | Report abuse |
    • Joe

"Joe, you're just a mean-spirited dolt."

Another fat chick no doubt.

November 18, 2010 at 4:02 pm | Report abuse |
  60. jillmarie

Jennifer Grey should win. Nobody puts baby in the corner!

November 17, 2010 at 2:32 pm | Report abuse |
    • DancingDays

Are we absolutely sure that is the same person?

November 17, 2010 at 3:27 pm | Report abuse |
    • joe

When I saw a picture of the cast, I could not figure out which one was her. Did she get one of those face transplant operations?

November 18, 2010 at 11:39 am | Report abuse |
    • crissy

except beautiful talented Bristol Palin! Goooooo Bristol!!!!! everybody I know in Hollywood is rooting for you!

November 20, 2010 at 2:50 pm | Report abuse |
  61. Faith

Bristol has come a long way and danced well, especially last night but no, she should not win. It's time DWTS change the voting rules to ONE CALL ONLY, no cell phones and no internet voting. Just one phone call per person. I've talked to several people who say they won't watch DWTS anymore. It's become a popularity contest and not a dancing contest.

November 17, 2010 at 2:25 pm | Report abuse |
    • brooke

no cell phones? what are you, like, 100? why does the type of phone matter? many people (and MOST people under 35) only have cell phones.

November 17, 2010 at 8:57 pm | Report abuse |
  62. Jack

ABC should have known better that to put on people with political backgrounds. However Bristol did not Quit like MaMa Grizzley, cut me a break I will not be watching this rigged show anymore if those so called judges had not softballed her for the last 6 weeks the real dancers would be in the finals.

November 17, 2010 at 2:11 pm | Report abuse |
    • Laureen

Go Bristol the Pistol!!!!!!!!!!! You got all my votes and my husbands. Hope you win the finals!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

November 17, 2010 at 2:24 pm | Report abuse |
    • MIKE

Hey Laureen...can I just ask you why you're voting for Bristol? Do you REALLY believe she is best dancer on the show?

November 17, 2010 at 4:14 pm | Report abuse |
    • uRaSheeple

The show is not rigged you buffoon.

November 18, 2010 at 3:30 pm | Report abuse |
    • uRaSheeple

@Mike

Have you ever watched this show before this season???If you have then you really weren't paying close attention. People vote for who they like, not necessarily who has the best dancing skills. The best dancer almost never wins.

Why is this so hard to comprehend?

November 18, 2010 at 3:32 pm | Report abuse |
    • Sassysticks

@uRa Sheeple, you need to calm down and stop attacking people who don't agree with you. People can post what they feel, yes, even if it's negative, so calm down. Bristol staying in over Brandy is glaring to say the least. Have you started your Bristol Palin Fan Club yet? Geeze!

November 19, 2010 at 11:33 am | Report abuse |
  63. Pebs

I agree. Bristol is doing really well considering she has no experience but she should have gotten the boot not Brandy. I would like to see Kyle Massey win, I love him. I think he's great. But if Bristol wins I will be disappointed with the result. Everyone else in the finals is 10 times more better than her.

November 17, 2010 at 2:02 pm | Report abuse |
    • MG

If she wins I'll boycut the next season. No fair.

November 17, 2010 at 3:19 pm | Report abuse |
    • ladycheque

EXACTLY...!! and I think ABC will lose viewers, and no one will ever watch DWTS ever again.

November 17, 2010 at 5:28 pm | Report abuse |
  64. betty

might just as well not bother dancing next week, just give it to bristol. the fix is in. all mom's right wing nuts are going to out vote us people who think the best dancer should win, not mom's precious baby. bristol has the arrogance to say its because of her dancing, she lives in never, never land.

November 17, 2010 at 1:57 pm | Report abuse |
    • ladycheque

I AGREE WITH BETTY...!!!
      I think Jennifer Gray and Kyle Massey should walk off and not continue to compete. They have NO chance of winning, so why practice and struggle? then stand there to be judged...they will only be humiliated, because Bristol is destined to win.
      So, if Jennifer and Kyle give up....Bristol will win by default...and in my opinion that is NOT A WIN. As kiki stated, the best dancer is not going to win, because Bristol is not the best, by a long shot....!!!!

November 17, 2010 at 5:26 pm | Report abuse |
    • Daytrip

According to reports this morning, conservative websites listed ways to fool the ABC voting system, and bragged that they spent hours sending in votes for Bristol by email. Multiply that by all the fools in Alaska who can't dance anyway, and you have Bristol popping up like a crazy relative each week. Yes, she worked hard, she'd have to! But she will never be the dancer the others are (or were). Too bad, politics has stepped in. It's like a rich guy who wonders if his girlfriend really loves him for who he is, and not for his money. Bristol should step down now to avoid the same thing happening to Jennifer Gray. Then ABC will lose their audience for good, including my husband and me. Good luck Bristol; life will always be skewed this way for you; watch for it and stay honest.

November 17, 2010 at 8:55 pm | Report abuse |
    • uRaSheeple

@Daytrip

Please provide links to those website that allegedly instructed on how to fool the ABC voting system. You have to back up such claims I'm afraid...

November 18, 2010 at 3:28 pm | Report abuse |
  65. kiki

The most talented dancer should win DWTS! Bristol is NOT the most talented. I give her credit for going on the show and trying her best but, she shouldn't even be in the finals.

November 17, 2010 at 1:39 pm | Report abuse |
    • MG

I agree with Kiki wholeheartedly. Pleople should look at the technique of the dance and dont just vote for the person who they like. Bristol should have gone on a long time ago.

November 17, 2010 at 3:17 pm | Report abuse |
    • ladycheque

November 17, 2010 at 5:25 pm | Report abuse |
    • Janna

The whole reason, I love DWTS is tt was stars until this year. Now we have a political brat who remains in the bottom every week and then people with personality, emotions, (not an ice statue) are sent home and Sarah Palins daughter reamins. I think if they put another politician or one of their brats on, I will never watch this show again. It ruined the entire season. I will not watch the final but will give all votes to Kyle and Jennifer. Bristol should have left in week 3. She knows the tea party will get her the win. The judges were too easy on her. I thnk they need to eliminate her immediately and give Brandi her righful place in the final. Come on producers, what he hell where you thinking by putting her on the show!

November 17, 2010 at 7:54 pm | Report abuse |
    • Goldie

Bristol should not win. She has been in the judges bottom score since the first show. She improved marginally. Hell Florence Henderson was a far better dancer. But to give Brandy the boot....America get it right. Bristol should not win this season. The producers should really chane the voting rules. I've watched DWTS for 11 seasons. I must say if lPalin wins, DWTS may lose many viewers forever; and I am one of them. To the person that stated "we're politicizing DWTS...of course its politics every time Sarah shows up.

November 17, 2010 at 8:07 pm | Report abuse |
    • uRaSheeple

The most talented dancer almost never wins DWTS. What part of the show's format do you not understand????

November 18, 2010 at 2:56 pm | Report abuse |
    • Sassysticks

kiki, while I agree with you, you ought to know that anytime it's up to America's votes, the best dancer will not win. The problem I have with it is if DWTS is just a popularity show, why have judges in the first place? I mean it's obviously not about who the best dancers are; it's about who likes who (or in ths instance who has the tea baggers behind them). I don't watch this show for that reason (nor American Idol); but I will vote next week (not for Bristol). Those of us who are not tea baggers should support the other dancers.

November 19, 2010 at 11:27 am | Report abuse |
    • musiclover

It is unbelievable that the media would spend so much time with Bristol Palin, a no-talent, bad-example young woman, while there are so many really gifted young people out there who will never been seen or heard. The media is truly sick. What happened to news?

November 20, 2010 at 8:36 pm | Report abuse |