Would you watch 3 hours of comedy on NBC?
November 16th, 2010

Would you watch 3 hours of comedy on NBC?

Some big changes were made at NBC on Monday, including television chairman Jeff Gaspin (who also had a hand in managing the various changes on the network's late night programming) announcing he will leave the company, according to the Los Angeles Times.

Along with that, the network announced some changes in the midseason schedule, foremost among them a risky expansion of their Thursday night comedy block into a third hour, following disappointing ratings for the relaunched non-celebrity "Apprentice." (The last network to try that was ABC in 1991, according to The L.A. Times.)

This includes a move of the just-renewed "30 Rock" to 10 p.m. ET, the return of critical darling "Parks and Recreation" in the post-"Office" slot, and a new series, "Perfect Couples," co-starring "The Daily Show's" Olivia Munn.

Also, as reported yesterday, the network's highest profile new show, "The Event," will go on hiatus in two weeks until the end of February, making way for masked crimefighter series "The Cape".

"Parenthood" will bounce from Tuesdays to Mondays in March, and "The Marriage Ref" and "Celebrity Apprentice" will be back on Sundays in March.

In fact, one of the few series staying put is "Chuck" on Monday nights at 8. It says a lot that a show that was on the verge of cancellation the last few years is now a mainstay of the schedule.

What do you think of all these changes? Can NBC's bad fortunes be reversed? And the question remains, would you watch a three-hour comedy block? Share your thoughts below.

1. Ron

I thought they already did: Matthews, Olbermann, and Maddow. Oh wait, that is MSNBC...

November 17, 2010 at 2:09 pm | Report abuse |
  2. carrieson

I don't watch 30 minutes of comedy on NBC, let alone 3 hours. I don't understand why they decide to change shows around to different ine slots, and then wonder why they fail.

November 17, 2010 at 12:18 pm | Report abuse |
    • nbcsucks

NBC screwed over "Just Shoot Me" and "Scrubs" which were funny in their prime...
      People on here are correct "the office" is falling and should be cancelled if Carrell leaves...Carrell is stupid to leave too..He has got a good gig why leave...

November 18, 2010 at 10:07 am | Report abuse |
  3. thenineties

I sure would!!!
    Do you have a time machine or something?

Is this the last year for "the Office?" it is starting to slip.......................

November 17, 2010 at 11:55 am | Report abuse |
  4. disco

Yea!! Parks and Rec coming back... love the show.. love Amy... I love NBC Thursday shows except for Outsourced, haven't given it a chance though because it replaced Parks & Rec and I wasn't too happy about that. Community is great as well. I still watch the Office and 30 Rock even though it seems that the funny has died down a bit on those shows. but Tina and Alec are great together.

November 17, 2010 at 11:30 am | Report abuse |
  5. Be Quiet

The only NBC show I watch is The Office, and even that was miserable last week. SNL has officially taken a dump, 30 Rock became formulaic and stale, Outsourced is offensive and just not funny...the list goes on and on.

November 17, 2010 at 9:22 am | Report abuse |
  6. Kriss

Anything that gives me a laugh... you can sign me up!

November 17, 2010 at 1:58 am | Report abuse |
  7. colby

NBC still on the air? Hadn't noticed! Seriously, the only thing I watch on NBC is the non-celebrity apprentice, and I actually view that on CNBC since for most of the season, the NBC showing was opposite Project Runway.

November 17, 2010 at 1:16 am | Report abuse |
  8. stu

i would luv to see 3 hr's of comedy! What do these loser shows (Outsource is funny like Raising Hope) have to do w/ comedy?
    The Marriage Ref is horrible!

November 17, 2010 at 12:19 am | Report abuse |
  9. MArk Hill

Yes defiantly ! I am waiting to see if they guy the new sitcom " The Bigg Family"

November 16, 2010 at 11:01 pm | Report abuse |
  10. maria mex

Only if it was george lopez , friends, king of queens tv hasnt been funny lately. thanks

November 16, 2010 at 10:53 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Michael Anton Lylyk

Well we don't need no Olivia Munn, that's for sure.

November 16, 2010 at 10:49 pm | Report abuse |
  12. beef

hell yeah i would. keep it coming nbc.

November 16, 2010 at 10:21 pm | Report abuse |
  13. D

I only watch 3 hours of blue collar comedy...

November 16, 2010 at 8:19 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Blammo

Who watches network TV live anymore?

November 16, 2010 at 8:00 pm | Report abuse |
    • pooshoe

no one. that is why this story is ridiculous. if i want to wantch these shows, it will be on my time–scheduling doesn't matter at all.

November 16, 2010 at 8:15 pm | Report abuse |
  15. G

I used to love NBC, but I have to admit I only watch 30 Rock now. I'm glad to hear they are keeping it because Tina Fey is my favorite comedian who writes sketches. I hear good things about some of the other shows though.

November 16, 2010 at 7:50 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Conservative voter

I wouldn't watch anything having to do with "comedy" on NBC. Their shows are juvenile and not worth watching.

November 16, 2010 at 6:52 pm | Report abuse |