Mayim Bialik's now a 'BBT' regular
November 16th, 2010

Mayim Bialik's now a 'BBT' regular

"Blossom" star Mayim Bialik's role on "The Big Bang Theory" is, er, blossoming – the actress is going to become a series regular on the hit CBS show.

Bialik, who plays nerdy Amy Farrah Fowler, first appeared on "The Big Bang Theory" last season as a love interest for Emmy winner Jim Parsons' character Sheldon. This season, she returned for more guest stints, and, according to Deadline.com, she has since been promoted to series regular.

Though Amy may not be seen on the show every week, Bialik tells E! Online she'd prefer to appear in each episode.

"I'd like to work every week," says the mother of two. "I think they'd like people to keep guessing what's going to happen with this character, but I think there are still plenty of plots that they want to spread out throughout the season."

And while Bialik may be matched up with Parsons on-screen, in real life she once had her eye on their co-star Johnny Galecki. "[He] was on 'Blossom' when we were kids. I think I was his first onstage kiss!" says the 34-year-old actress. "We had the same agent when we were kids, so that relationship is fun - that feels really comfortable."

1. V

Congrats Bialik! Cant wait to see more.

November 22, 2010 at 11:33 am | Report abuse |
  2. DDKillerBlondie

Awesome addition I love love love this show, great cast and writing!!!!

November 18, 2010 at 11:41 am | Report abuse |
  3. Michael Anton Lylyk

HOLY EXPLETIVE!

November 17, 2010 at 12:53 am | Report abuse |
  4. Be Quiet

YES! I have loved BBT from the start and I love it even more this season. I was never a Blossom fan, but MB is a hilarious addition and I'm glad she's going to be a regular.

November 16, 2010 at 4:21 pm | Report abuse |
  5. SG

I hate her character, and I believe it is ruining the show. Sheldon isn't meant to have a mate, and her awkardness is not the good kind like in The Office. I have nothing against Blossom, she is spot on what I believe she is suppose to be, I just think her character is ruining the dynamic of the show. The Big Bang I know and love is no longer, and BBT is about to be cut from my Must See TV.

November 16, 2010 at 3:59 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jess

I totaly agree with you SG... while she is a great actress, I do not like the new dynamic of the show. It was suppose to be Penny introducing the guys to a new world. I think this new character really causes the Sheldon character to say static, not gradually evolve.

November 16, 2010 at 4:37 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mike Ross

Absolutely love BBT, its on my 'must see' list. Sheldon is simply awesome however Amy Farrah Fowler just don't do it for me... seems like a step backwards

December 4, 2010 at 6:11 pm | Report abuse |
  6. LBW

I wish they would make her a little less robotic. Cute her up just a bit.

November 16, 2010 at 3:39 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Carrieson

I'm glad that she's back on tv. Her dead pan delivery is great and her interaction with Penny is too funny. I 'm dying to see if there will be "coitus" between her and Sheldon.

November 16, 2010 at 3:22 pm | Report abuse |
  8. El Jefe

Hey, at least she's held up better than the chick who played Six...

November 16, 2010 at 2:52 pm | Report abuse |