Corey Feldman still open to a 'Goonies' sequel
November 16th, 2010

Corey Feldman still open to a 'Goonies' sequel

Apparently finding pirate treasure is a lot easier than filming a sequel for "The Goonies." Actor Corey Feldman says the cast and crew of Steven Spielberg's cult 1985 movie are eager to film a follow up but the studio is standing in their way.

"I would do it if [the studio] was serious, but unfortunately they can’t seem to get it together,” Feldman tells the Hollywood Reporter of Warner Bros. "The No. 1 question that’s always been asked of me for the last 20 years is, ‘Will there be a sequel to "Goonies"?’ and unfortunately my answer is always the same: It’s not up to me, you know, it’s the studio.”

While a sequel to the film – which also starred Josh Brolin, Martha Plimpton and Sean Astin – may not be happening any time to soon, "The Goonies" could be back in the form of a stage musical.

“They are talking about doing a Broadway musical and I know Richard Donner is really behind that,” Feldman says of his "Goonies" director. “He’s a dear friend of mine and we talk about it quite often and he said that they finally got a great script which he’s very excited about.”

Feldman, 39, adds that he'd be up for taking part in the production, though he wouldn't dream of reprising his role as Mouth.

"I’m a little old to be playing a kid,” he admits. “But I would be open to maybe the Fratelli brothers or something. If they offered it, I would definitely be open to it.”

Post by:
Filed under: Celebrities • movies

1. Ian

Now don't get me wrong I would like to see this but they have to have an original plot and not just completely redo the old Goonies plot.

May 23, 2011 at 1:22 am | Report abuse |
  2. Bobby

He went to the same plastic surgeon as Joan Rivers and Michael Jackson. He doesn't even look human anymore.

November 21, 2010 at 4:10 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Sencho

Does it really feel all that good to some of you to bash as easy a target as Corey Feldman? Your doing so says a helluva lot more about how relevant you and your opinions are than how washed up Feldman is. It's undeniable that he's still working after all these years and has had more fame than many others who've gone to Hollywood.

I never much cared for The Goonies, so I don't care whether or not they make a sequel. However, I have always had an odd affection for and interest in Corey Feldman, so I hope he continues to get opportunities to act.

November 17, 2010 at 3:15 pm | Report abuse |
  4. MadCityBabe

jet black hair dye is not a good look for him.........just sayn............

November 17, 2010 at 1:34 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Camper

Goonies 2 - what would he play –a grandfather?? I vote no.Should've been done 15 years ago

November 17, 2010 at 6:19 am | Report abuse |
  6. Bgg1175

Could someone let this guy know, his film "career" is long dead! He should go to school, get a license to drive trucks or etc. And the eyebrow thing didnt work for Corey Haim and its not working for this Corey either. So he needs to leave the eyebrows alone, let go of the hope he'll get lucky and get another shot because he wont! People cant put him in real movies unless WE want to see him. He has to be able to entertain US and we dont want to see him. WE also dont want the freaking GOONIES 2! Dude, stop being a beggar at the Hollywood door!

November 17, 2010 at 12:16 am | Report abuse |
  7. mia

The Goonies was one of the best movies of the 80s....i hope they do it!!!

November 16, 2010 at 10:01 pm | Report abuse |
  8. El Jefe

This dude always looked weird, but now he looks like a freakin' alien...

November 16, 2010 at 2:50 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Jersey

LOL! Of course, like we need MORE of his bad acting and low budget flicks. NEXT!

November 16, 2010 at 12:56 pm | Report abuse |
  10. jillmarie

I'd love a Goonies sequel! I love how Corey Feldman respects the work he's done and is willing to act in movies like the Lost Boys sequels. Will always be a fan and watch his movies! You've still got it, Corey :)

November 16, 2010 at 12:30 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Pete

DUH! If you are a "HAS BEEN" who doesnt have any talent to begin with, ANY work would be welcome.
    But a 'Goonies" 2...GOT to be kidding!

November 16, 2010 at 11:52 am | Report abuse |
  12. James

Of course he's open to a sequel to this movie, and every other movie he's been in. He'll act on a subway platform for a dime, I've seen it.

November 16, 2010 at 11:34 am | Report abuse |