Angelina Jolie: I only planned for two kids
November 13th, 2010

Angelina Jolie: I only planned for two kids

Yes, Angelina Jolie realizes she's partnered with one of the sexiest men alive. But the actress tells the December issue of Vogue that it's not his looks that make her swoon.

"Well, he’s a handsome man," says the 35-year-old star of "The Tourist," before getting tongue-tied. "No, I think he’s an extremely sexy - extremely handsome and the most sexy... When I think about him, I just think of the man who’s such a great friend and such an extraordinary father. And that’s when I fall, you know, when I have my moments of getting – whoarr! - caught up in how much I love him… it’s usually when I see him with the children.”

Read the full interview with Angelina Jolie

For Jolie – who is mother to Maddox, 9, Pax, 6, Zahara, 5, Shiloh, 4, and twins Knox and Vivienne, 2 - it's all about family, although she admits that even she didn't expect such a big brood.

“I only planned for two!” she says. “To each his own. It’s one of those things. How you build your family - you have to know what you’re capable of handling and how your children will relate to each other. Maybe if you have one child and that child has a lot of needs, you realize you cannot give more attention to another. Sometimes you just know as a parent. We felt we could handle more children, and we have a very happy, very full home."

The couple make it work by taking turns working, she explains. "One of us is always at home with the kids - always,” she says. “Taking them out to things and being there with them and bringing them to school or to the set to visit Mommy or Daddy.”

As for life at home, Jolie admits she isn't exactly a whiz in the kitchen.

Photo retrospective: Angelina Jolie in Vogue

"I’m getting better at bacon," she says, adding, "Pax is a better cook than me. Pax likes to cook. But I try to when I can. Any house that we’re in, we all chip in.

"But the kids are very sweet… so enthusiastic anytime I cook. Especially Maddox; he’s just this little man that’s very supportive of me - it’s like he’s raised me a bit. So I cooked them all breakfast before school this morning, and he has that kind of ‘Thanks, Mom! Good job!’”

1. bitnar

Wait...how did I end up on this really old blog? Time to stop web-surfing! LOL!

December 8, 2010 at 9:21 pm | Report abuse |
  2. SKY

BOTH PARENTS HAVE TO AGREE INORDER TO HAVE CHILDREN. SOME STARS ARE HAVING CHILDREN
    LIKE IT IS A FAD...I GOT ONE PROBLEM WITH ANGELINA JOLIE, MOVE ON. YOU DON'T HAVE TO TELL
    THE WORLD YOU ARE SO IN LOVE, WE GOT THAT ALREADY. WHEN YOU DO, I THINK YOU FEEL
    YOU ARE HELPING BUT YOU ARE NOT, LOVE STAYS FOR A LONG TIME.....LET BRAD DO THE LOVE
    TALKING NOW, LET HIM TELL THE WORLD OF HIS LOVE FOR YOU.....OR MAYBE JUST MAYBE HE
    HAS A HEART.....

November 16, 2010 at 5:51 am | Report abuse |
  3. blueangel28

FYI Jenn did want to start a family, just that she was very unfortunate when she had a miscarriage. Wanting to have kids does not mean that you should cheat. If he can do it once to Jenn, he can do it again. No matter how beautiful Jolie is( which I don't think so), she is nothing but a tramp that broke up someone else marriage for her own happiness.

November 15, 2010 at 2:04 pm | Report abuse |
  4. ely

Has anyone stopped to think that may be Pitt wanted more children and his former wife was not willing to take on the resposibility? Based on the many relationships the former one has gone on to have, she probably was the unstable one. It's not that Pitt has been hypnotized for all this time. He clearly wants to be with Jolie. Leave the family alone. Does it matter what Jolie said last year and what she will say tomorrow about how many kids she's gonna have? She aint a politician running for office. She is free to change her mind., Give her a break and get a life!

November 15, 2010 at 12:51 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Crystal

Don't click on lawman's name. Bad stuff for work!!!

November 15, 2010 at 9:17 am | Report abuse |
  6. Timme62

At least in this interview she didn't say that she was going to take time off just to stay home and be a mom. Every other interview she has given she says that, then lo and behold she is off doing another movie.

November 15, 2010 at 8:02 am | Report abuse |
  7. GA

I love Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt for their dedication, not only to family and each other, but for what they unselfishly do for others. All you haters calling Angelina and Brad "homewreckers" are just jealous and seething with envy because they have so much going for themselves. As for Jennifer Anniston, she lost a good thing. She should have focused more on her husband and building a family.They were married for 6 or 7 years for godsakes...what was she waiting on? Her career and keeping her body image was more important to her than motherhood. Pretty soon she wont have either because she is starting to look her age and all of her movies suck.

November 15, 2010 at 6:53 am | Report abuse |
  8. Karen

If you read the entire article at Vogue it seems she means that she only planned to birth two children (she had three because of their twins), not raise two children. Out of context it looks contradictory, but in the article in makes more sense.

November 15, 2010 at 4:18 am | Report abuse |
  9. SKY

THIS IS MY PROBLEM...."THE MAN YOU LOVE SO MUCH"
    YOU TOOK FROM ANOTHER WOMEN WHO LOVED HIM SO MUCH.
    LET ALL KEEP GOD OUT OF THIS....

November 15, 2010 at 1:46 am | Report abuse |
  10. Michael Anton Lylyk

I ONLY PLANNED FOR TWO KIDS, BUT REALLY I WANT TO ADOPT THE WORLD.

November 14, 2010 at 10:37 pm | Report abuse |
  11. jolie fan

. . . is she planning on stealing more kids?
    . . . or is that Madonna...

November 14, 2010 at 10:25 pm | Report abuse |
  12. karen fairfax va

who really cares about any of them

November 14, 2010 at 9:56 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Elleania

yeah she's gorgeous......but Why does it seem like its deja vu every time when reading about her in a magazine

someone once said "if its pretty people will look at it
    if it sounds good people will hear it,
    if it is marketed properly people will buy it...
    but If it is real people will feel it"

Not feeling you Ms. Jolie

November 14, 2010 at 5:03 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Enough already

She's beautiful, she's a great mother, she loves Brad, yada, yada, yada...how many times do we have to see/read the same old crap about a homewrecker???? If I hear about how she's got Brad's back, he's got hers, they're just one BIG happy family, etc, etc, etc one more time....I'm going to puke!!! Must be a slow celebrity YEAR!!! Geez, find someone NEW to talk about, she's OLD news literally.

November 14, 2010 at 3:53 pm | Report abuse |
    • KC

Why is always the woman who is labeled the 'homewrecker'? I don't agree with what they did to Jennifer Aniston, but really, Brad is a grown man and can make his own decisions. It takes two to tango.

November 14, 2010 at 7:21 pm | Report abuse |
  15. babycelebs411

She is a wonderful mother and a great actress. She deserves our outmost recognition for her charity work and envolvement.
    We will have a prediction on Angelina soon, and one of her children has a birthday coming up..more predictions on that. Meanwhile we learned that Kelly Preston had gone into labour sooner than expected..congrats to both parents: http://babycelebs411.com/celebs-mom-to-be/kelly-preston-pregnancy/

November 14, 2010 at 2:42 pm | Report abuse |
  16. TJ

Jolie totally flipped the script. I read several articles that she said whe was going to have a large family. Don't get me wrong, I think she is very attractive and is a good actress, but I'm tired of seeing her in movies that always focus on her beauty. I think her best movie was before she was famous and that was "GIA". Although, she portrayed a model, the movie did show a ugly side to her which she acted very well.

November 14, 2010 at 2:20 pm | Report abuse |
  17. LoJenk

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Penm9hnsTr8&w=640&h=390]

November 14, 2010 at 12:15 pm | Report abuse |
  18. Brenda

She is still an snake and an adultress, no matter how you slice it. I will always see her as just that. Oh and as for her being a Mother, she totally flip flops on why she had kids, how many she was planning to have... etc.

November 14, 2010 at 10:18 am | Report abuse |
    • murpis

Brenda, you stole the words right out of my mouth. I can remember an interview where she said she planned on having like 12 kids. She's not mentally stable.

November 15, 2010 at 11:53 am | Report abuse |
    • Mona

Brenda, I agree as well. I read all the comments about how much of a great mom she is and about her great career but I also have to wonder how much time does she actually spend with her kids and how much time are they spending with the hired help. If I had LOTS of money, I couild do it all too because I'd have everyone else taking care of my kids!

November 17, 2010 at 5:17 pm | Report abuse |
  19. Helen

Wow, she's beautiful and talented. And still love her family that much.im suprise and motivated. I wish jolie well and i pray that God continue to see her family through

November 14, 2010 at 7:47 am | Report abuse |
  20. Frank the Tank

Has anybody seen My Pants?

November 14, 2010 at 2:29 am | Report abuse |
  21. Monico Capone (check me on facebook)

Shes crazy at times and indeed she is a work in progress as a mother but she deserves to have all the children she wants...... with me

megan fox is married

nuff said

November 14, 2010 at 1:37 am | Report abuse |
  22. travis

I hope pitt leaves her for the next hottie like he did to jennifer aniston maybe megan fox he shoukdnt be tired down with so many kids it will get old soon and she will be stuck like she deserves

November 14, 2010 at 12:31 am | Report abuse |
  23. Tara

Angelina is very beautiful woman and great actress. However, as for her parenting skills she needs to put her career on hold and focus on her kids. Its not like she has 1 or 2 shes got a whole litter she cant control. The children and her marriage could use some stability.

November 13, 2010 at 8:12 pm | Report abuse |
    • Rebecca

Why should she put her career on hold? Because she's the mom? Why not ask Brad to put his career on hold?

November 14, 2010 at 8:41 am | Report abuse |
    • KC

She and Brad aren't married, and although I agree it's important for parents to spend as much time as they can with their kids, their 6 don't seem to be out of control (not like Kate's brood). I expect their kids would probably benefit from spending more than a few months in any given location at a time, though.

November 14, 2010 at 7:16 pm | Report abuse |
    • @Working Parents

I think she is doing a great job! Just because you work and may need to travel to work does not make you a bad parent!! If this were a man traveling for work nobody would say anything! Her kids are very respectful and are learning that money won't just appear but has to be earned through hard work. They are also learning that you have to remember those who are less fortunate and should help when one can! Again, this is a whole lot more than most parents teach these days!

November 14, 2010 at 10:02 pm | Report abuse |
  24. Danny

Pretty!

November 13, 2010 at 7:29 pm | Report abuse |
  25. Nancy

DAMN Angelina is BEAUTIFUL. i LOVE LOVE LOVE HER. i hope her and Brad stay together till they grow old, walk their kids down the aisle on their wedding days. I would pray for them to beat the Hollywood curse and stay together till death do them part. Stay blessed.

November 13, 2010 at 4:55 pm | Report abuse |
  26. Swita

Angie is one of my heroes....she desrves the upmost praise and admiration for her acting choices (Mighty Heart, Changeling, Salt) as well as her devotion to her family...Brad is the lucky one....those kids will grow up to be powerful, culturally aware and well traveled....

November 13, 2010 at 4:12 pm | Report abuse |
  27. kiki

I think Angelina is a very beautiful woman. However, she seems to contradict herself in every interview. I read a couple of years ago that she always had a plan to adopt. Either way she seems like a loving mother.

November 13, 2010 at 3:29 pm | Report abuse |
  28. love

i love Angelina Jolie,Keeley Cruise,Paris Hilton.

November 13, 2010 at 2:48 pm | Report abuse |