Which actresses will be cast in 'Dark Knight Rises'?
November 12th, 2010

Which actresses will be cast in 'Dark Knight Rises'?

It looks like Batman will be fending off quite a few women in the "The Dark Knight Rises," the third installment of the franchise about the Caped Crusader.

Deadline.com reports that director Christopher Nolan is planning to cast two females in the next of the Batman flicks. Though details are being kept under wraps, one woman will likely be the love interest of the superhero's alter ego Bruce Wayne, and the other, a villain. Hmm… Catwoman, perhaps?

The famous names being considered for the "Dark Knight Rises" read like a Who's Who of Hollywood's A-list actresses. Among them: Rachel Weisz, Naomi Watts, Blake Lively, Natalie Portman, Anne Hathaway and Keira Knightley.

While it remains to be seen which two lucky ladies will become a part of the blockbuster Bat-series, Deadline has reported that "Inception" star Tom Hardy has already been cast in the film and will most likely play a villain.

"The Dark Knight Rises" is due in theaters in July 2012.

1. Paul

Did you see the best movies of 2009? Here you can find the list moviesfan.eu/related-top-list/97-best-movies-of-2009

February 1, 2011 at 8:03 am | Report abuse |
  2. QueenMary

I'm hoping for a Catwoman/Black Mask storyline...and perhaps Talia al Ghul, even though I hate her, it would make for a great movie! Woo!

As far as the actresses go, I will vote for Natalie Portman and Stana Katic...I also like Marion Cotillard but I believe she has already stated that she will not be in this film...

January 16, 2011 at 12:39 am | Report abuse |
  3. Massive Marbles

Honestly, I'd love to see Scarlett Johansson or dare I say it...Lindsay Lohan

January 3, 2011 at 8:15 pm | Report abuse |
  4. King Soloman

I heard their are doing a broadway prescreening of the dark night rises. Its cover name is BATS. But serioulsy you want to go dark lets say penguin and harley quin. Two dark charcters that would mesh well.

December 3, 2010 at 12:38 pm | Report abuse |
  5. possaam

movies

November 20, 2010 at 7:02 pm | Report abuse |
  6. t.f. graneck

Michelle Williams

November 20, 2010 at 5:13 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Rachel berry

Lea michele, maybe?

November 20, 2010 at 12:48 am | Report abuse |
  8. Bruce Wayne

@Douglas Schmoney: If you're not going to comment on the story, go find some political blog where you can rant and rave all you want. you post is EPIC FAIL!

I worked on both "Batman Begins" and "Dark Knight" and I hope to be asked again to work on this next movie if they film in Chicago again. Working with this fine cast and crew was a joy, exhausting and exhilarating, all at the same time!

November 16, 2010 at 11:53 am | Report abuse |
  9. Edward Nigma

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMlm64Mj0l4 Have people already forgotten about me?!?!

November 16, 2010 at 7:07 am | Report abuse |
  10. Snarf

Well from the choices that are showed... i can only go for Rachel and Naomi.
    Natalie is a simple player... that won´t get good on a batman movie.
    Blake is an actress for a sitcom not an action movie.
    Keira is too skiny to portait an american woman. She has talent for the movie... but she needed to get 25 kg to get that form.
    So rachel has the bad girl and naomi is the point to become the batgirl... but dies in the movie final.

November 16, 2010 at 2:41 am | Report abuse |
  11. watr

Golmaal 3

November 15, 2010 at 7:14 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Truth

Anyone except Betty White.

November 15, 2010 at 4:02 pm | Report abuse |
  13. FRAN

Rachel Weisz she would be my choice for this film..
    Naomi Watts over-rated no talent hack....
    Blake Lively not a fan of the blah actress......
    Natalie Portman to classy and talented for this movie......
    Anne Hathaway no way couldn't pull it off not enough talent there
    Keira Knightley To skinny except for maybe a movie about bangladesh ! EAT SOMETHING FOR GOD SAKES!!!

November 15, 2010 at 4:00 pm | Report abuse |
  14. rory

Nolan would NEVER cast megan fox in one of his movies, she cant act. try again little fanboys.

November 15, 2010 at 3:37 pm | Report abuse |
  15. ja

Douglas Schmoney

"""YOU ARE ALL WRONG. Nancy Pelosi has just received an e-mail from Nolan asking her, nay pleading with her, to come into his dark house of horrors that will be his third and final part of the franchise. In the meantime Hilary Clinton has been seen trying on pvc all-in-one outfits for an audition as Batbutts love interest. Wait........news just coming through............the new batman will be a man who eveybody respects and admires for his acting talents: Jo Biden"""

made of failure since the day you were born

November 15, 2010 at 2:39 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Penny

Keira Knightley and Rachel Weisz have my votes ! They have depth of character, strength, passion, and beauty – perfect for Batman -

November 15, 2010 at 1:33 pm | Report abuse |
  17. Jason Bourne

Whatever they do they need a new disco dancing Batman scene.
    [youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pI7yrWljrY4&w=640&h=390]

November 15, 2010 at 11:52 am | Report abuse |
  18. David

Nolan has said no to Mr. Freeze and The Penguin and The Riddler. BATGIRL?? How about Bat-Woman or Bat-Hound??

November 15, 2010 at 11:41 am | Report abuse |
  19. Patrick

Patrick Stewart should be cast in the roll of Mr. Freeze.

November 15, 2010 at 10:56 am | Report abuse |
  20. Ken

Rachel Weisz (too old) , Naomi Watts (too old) , Blake Lively (not smart enough), Natalie Portman (excellent choice), Anne Hathaway (excellent choice) and Keira Knightley (is there a "stickwoman" character in Batman)?. I think we just decided.

November 15, 2010 at 10:55 am | Report abuse |
  21. Quay

Anne Hathaway should have been cast as the joker.

November 15, 2010 at 10:27 am | Report abuse |
  22. Chris D'Amico

"Katie Holmes and Maggie Gyllenhaal played Wayne's loves in each of the previous Batman films, respectively."

Or his love – the two actresses play the same character

November 15, 2010 at 10:23 am | Report abuse |
  23. Hynez

Marion Cotillard will be perfect cat

November 15, 2010 at 10:13 am | Report abuse |
  24. celticfaerie

Umm, Catwoman IS Bruce Wayne's love interest. She's the only woman he has ever and probably will ever truly love.

November 15, 2010 at 10:11 am | Report abuse |
  25. Marco555

Rachel Weisz, definitely.

November 15, 2010 at 9:27 am | Report abuse |
  26. myvote

My vote goes to these women as the best possibilities for the roles: Rachel Weisz and Keira Knightley

These women have done exceptional roles in the past and still on going and very versatile, if they even think of putting portman in there that will be a joke.

November 15, 2010 at 9:22 am | Report abuse |
  27. Liz

The two women are going to play Poison Ivy and Harley Quinn! OMG That would be awesome!

November 15, 2010 at 8:46 am | Report abuse |
  28. og

All u ppl r stupid bale sucked so did ledger every batman sucked after the 1st one with jack nick and mike keaton the 1st one is the best F the rest

November 15, 2010 at 8:13 am | Report abuse |
    • Jason Bourne

I like the TV show the best!! Adam West is and will always be BATMAN.

November 15, 2010 at 11:43 am | Report abuse |
  29. hugh

Nolan has already stated he will not be bringing the Joker back. So no, Johnny Depp would not be playing that role. He would be great as the Riddler, but again Nolan has stated the Riddler is NOT in the script.
    If Riddler was in the film= Johnny Depp or Hugh Laurie
    Penguin= Phillip Seymour Hoffman
    Mr. Freeze=Guy Pearce, Colin Farrell
    Catwoman=Elizabeth Banks, Olivia Wilde

November 15, 2010 at 5:32 am | Report abuse |
  30. Bradan

Ok
    , I'd love to see nightwing. I can't believe none of you have thought of that. Lol, but still, Jude law would make an amazing riddler. I want to see nightwing though, Chris O'Donnell played an amazing robin. So I'd love to see the former boy accomplice become a man. As for catwoman, hmm, I think Kate beckinsale rocks the leather (underworld franchise) but if any of you keep up with movies she's already starring in underworld 4. And as for bales love interest, it has to be catwomans alter ego, Harley Quinn liked Wayne not the other way around (feel free to correct that) but those are my ideas, email me if you wanna talk comic movies. Gr8sk8er2012@yahoo.com

November 15, 2010 at 4:12 am | Report abuse |
  31. Bradan A.

Ok

November 15, 2010 at 4:10 am | Report abuse |
  32. Bradan A.

Ok, for a villain I'd love to see nightwing. I can't believe none of you have thought of that. Lol, but still, Jude law would make an amazing riddler. I want to see nightwing though, Chris O'Donnell played an amazing robin. So I'd love to see the former boy accomplice become a man. As for catwoman, hmm, I think Kate beckinsale rocks the leather (underworld franchise) but if any of you keep up with movies she's already starring in underworld 4. And as for bales love interest, it has to be catwomans alter ego, Harley Quinn liked Wayne not the other way around (feel free to correct that) but those are my ideas, email me if you wanna talk comic movies. Gr8sk8er2012@yahoo.com

November 15, 2010 at 4:07 am | Report abuse |
  33. Zoe's Husband

Zoe Saldana

November 15, 2010 at 1:11 am | Report abuse |
  34. Talar

Can't they cast a new star it gets old seeing the same ones.

November 14, 2010 at 11:06 pm | Report abuse |
  35. rose

I have a feeling that actress who is least expected will plat the

November 14, 2010 at 10:51 pm | Report abuse |
  36. wayne

Halle berry should play catwoman

November 14, 2010 at 9:55 pm | Report abuse |
  37. Sheila

Scarlett Johansen is a good pick. She did great in Iron Man2

November 14, 2010 at 9:29 pm | Report abuse |
  38. bill

Hi kiki. You are a loser

November 14, 2010 at 8:01 pm | Report abuse |
  39. Ana

I like Johnny Depp is so dramatic. he is perfect actor for this movie

November 14, 2010 at 7:29 pm | Report abuse |
  40. punkkitty66

id like2c harley quinn in this movie& great idea 2have her played by sherri moon zombie! as 4 other villans, im tired of the same old characters replayed again&again by different actors(the exception being heath's joker which was fresh&original&super scarry) id rather c some new villans. as 4actors 2play them-i heard joseph gordon levitt(mispelled) from inception was gonna b cast&he is amazing! also would like 2c edward norton, johnny depp, ben foster(he was russle crow's sidkick in 3:10 to yuma), mathew goode, jeffrey dean morgan, or jackie earl haley(he was roarshack in watchmen)

November 14, 2010 at 7:16 pm | Report abuse |
  41. Joe, San Diego

Batman has more female villains besides Catwoman, you might do your comic book homework...

November 14, 2010 at 2:57 pm | Report abuse |
  42. daryl

Your retarded

November 14, 2010 at 2:52 pm | Report abuse |
  43. Name*Drew

I believe Megan Foxs would be a good female actress for that movie.

November 14, 2010 at 2:01 pm | Report abuse |
  44. Rick

Susan Boyle!!!!

November 14, 2010 at 1:26 pm | Report abuse |
  45. mbmix

I think Kate beckinsale n Jessica biel would b perfect 4 this movie

November 14, 2010 at 1:25 pm | Report abuse |
  46. Bulldog

Rather than have a person, why not have an animal?

November 14, 2010 at 12:42 pm | Report abuse |
  47. Floria Sigmundi

This looks really cool

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUJ4bL6O3uw&w=640&h=390]

November 14, 2010 at 12:38 pm | Report abuse |
  48. manny

Yes bring back robin..in the exact outfit from the original show

November 14, 2010 at 9:38 am | Report abuse |
  49. Dice

I'd make a better acter than all of them combined (except for Heath Ledger)

November 14, 2010 at 9:34 am | Report abuse |
  50. Joseph Massanet

?

November 14, 2010 at 8:01 am | Report abuse |
  51. Evol

Chis Bale, Johnny Depp, Ed Norton and Gary Oldman I think that's his name, say Guy who played the lead Cop in dark knight along with Charleyze Terron, the chick from Avitar or Mego Fox and Halle Berry, that would be a serious cast. Heat L was awesome as joker, RIP! Johnny D could rise to the challenge he is a brilliant actor who am sure would make the joker character believeable and fun to watch, Ed would be perfect as riddler, he too has that unique ability to do wonders with the character he plays, great actor also! If nolon can get those guys and gals together on this installment, Batman 3 will be a sure bet and another BB for the franchise. And I think its worth stating,super hero comic book movies will always be cool!just my humble opinion. Evol 1.

November 14, 2010 at 7:54 am | Report abuse |
  52. Jimmy

Zoe Saldaña as Catwoman...Johnny Depp as Riddler

November 14, 2010 at 7:04 am | Report abuse |
  53. BFB dave!

No way to Naomi Watts. She's in timout for that hack piece Fairgame.

November 14, 2010 at 2:38 am | Report abuse |
  54. Mike

How about some new super villians: Michael Richards as The Madd H8er, Michael Vick as Darth Dog Death, Jennifer Aniston as Buzz Kill, Charlie Sheen as Mister Party and Charlize Theron as Hot Naked Chick.

November 14, 2010 at 2:23 am | Report abuse |
  55. Monico Capone (check me on facebook)

if you cant find anyone to play that role im in

November 14, 2010 at 1:33 am | Report abuse |
  56. chris

Jude law would be awesome joker

November 14, 2010 at 1:32 am | Report abuse |
  57. jeffisis

Cherize theron as hally quinn rose mcgowen as catwomen johnny depp as riddler natalie portman as love interest colin farrel as dr freeze sid hayes aka captain spalding as peguin .....just a couple ideas ...sorry bout spelling

November 14, 2010 at 1:23 am | Report abuse |
  58. Drew

What about Megan fox?

November 14, 2010 at 1:07 am | Report abuse |
  59. jjc

I will fight any man that wants to replace bale or says ledger sucks i would even give them frist swing

November 14, 2010 at 12:44 am | Report abuse |
  60. travis

Batbithtc should be played by oprah winfrey

November 14, 2010 at 12:26 am | Report abuse |
  61. poptart king

Is the pengwin guy gonna be In it. , he scares me :l

November 14, 2010 at 12:13 am | Report abuse |
  62. kev

I know it's a stretch but I would like to see Anthony Hopkins play a villian. Possibly the Penguin.

November 13, 2010 at 11:54 pm | Report abuse |
  63. man2sting

The actress who don't win the cast may join me here to tickle everyone's fancy http://man2tickle.blogspot.com/2010/11/dark-knight-rises-batman-without.html

Lol

November 13, 2010 at 10:18 pm | Report abuse |
  64. sue

I really do not care who actors are who are villians. I need details not facts.

November 13, 2010 at 10:09 pm | Report abuse |
  65. Li'l Red Riding Hood

Ok maybe not Ryan Reynolds but I'd put big money on Ed Norton as The Riddler.

Anne Hathaway – H_ll No

Sana'a Lathan – as Bruce's love interest

The chick who played Trinity from The Matrix – as Catwoman

Christina Ricci – as Harley Quinn

Ryan Reynolds – as The Riddler

November 13, 2010 at 9:17 pm | Report abuse |
  67. Gabriel

still a real fan would want the man bat..telling u it would b strong..

November 13, 2010 at 8:32 pm | Report abuse |
  68. sunless

get check out better this http://www.SUPERSONIC.US.COM !!!

November 13, 2010 at 8:02 pm | Report abuse |
  69. joe

I agree with Rob that Kilmer was a decent batman. i wish he had 1 more movie. If they bring in Talia i would love them to get Jennifer Hewitt or the actress who plays Zatanna in smallville. They can always Cgi in Ledger'S joker. if they have that kinda budget.

November 13, 2010 at 7:45 pm | Report abuse |
  70. Kevin

If they recast Joker, Mark Hamill has had experience with the charcter. I think he'd be able to pull it off in live action. Rise Of the Dark Knight should be it for the Batman franchise. Bring on Green Lantern!!!

November 13, 2010 at 5:55 pm | Report abuse |
  71. Crystal

What about Rachel McAdams as the love interest? She is beautiful, sweet, and a good actress. Keep Bale and Kate Beckinsale would be an amazing Catwoman.

November 13, 2010 at 5:39 pm | Report abuse |
  72. Cid

Weisz and Watts all the way. Good contrast between them and they are talented enough to pull off the role without any "camp". Looking forward to seeing what villian(s) is/are unveiled. I hope for Black Mask or Hush; the idea of Calendar Man could work well, too.

November 13, 2010 at 5:24 pm | Report abuse |
  73. Violet T Harris

Hands down I think Sheridan Warner should be casted as Batman and as for the leading lady or ladies; Gabrielle Union and or Rebecca Stamos

November 13, 2010 at 4:07 pm | Report abuse |
  74. Jester of the Apocalypse

How 'bout this: Randy Quaid as the Riddler. He moves into the Bat Cave and won't move out. He parks the R.V. from Cristmas Vacation in there and keeps emptying the sh!tter in the drains while chugging Schlitz. "Save me the neck, Bruce!"

November 13, 2010 at 3:11 pm | Report abuse |
  75. Rob

i think the best batman was Bale in Batman Begins and second best was Val Kilmer i felt Kilmer was an underrated batman plus he made a really good bruce wayne...

November 13, 2010 at 3:01 pm | Report abuse |
  76. HeavyBreather

Betty White as the Cat Lady. Honestly I'm not ever happy with whomever plays Batman. The past two movies were great though.

November 13, 2010 at 2:26 pm | Report abuse |
  77. joe

i'm probably spelling the name wrong but what about raja ghouls daughter. wa:'t she one of bruce wayne's wifes? and dont forget Poison ivy and there are a bunch more female villians.

November 13, 2010 at 2:25 pm | Report abuse |
  78. C-lo

I still say Ellen Page or Sasha Grey for catwoman. I like the idea of Harley Quinn...casting her would be tough though. I used to want Fran Dresher to play her back in the day but she's too old now lol.

November 13, 2010 at 2:09 pm | Report abuse |
  79. starr

Robb ur a freaking moron. who cares if we spell anything right, we are not in english class. for you to tell us to shut our traps is just plan out ridiculus. this is a blog to speak our opinions who we like as possible actresses....thats it opinions! Rip Heath Ledger...he shall never be replaced as the best Joker ever!

November 13, 2010 at 1:29 pm | Report abuse |
  80. beach it

Noomi as Catwoman!

November 13, 2010 at 1:22 pm | Report abuse |
  81. andrew

Angelina jolie as catwoman would rock

November 13, 2010 at 12:51 pm | Report abuse |
  82. Sarah

I hope Nolan gets creative and picks someone who hasn't been in 100 films. I feel like I've seen Anne Hathaways face on every magazine for the past 2 years. She's overkill. I want a surprise hit! Nolan has the skill to see talent....look what he did with Ledger as Joker.

November 13, 2010 at 12:40 pm | Report abuse |
  83. robb

Nolan knows what he's doing so shut your traps, most of these comments are worthless! And learn how to spell, morons!

November 13, 2010 at 12:39 pm | Report abuse |
  84. KHall

Since my Keira Knightly comment won't post despite the fact that it is perfectly PG, I'll reword it:

I think Keira Knightly would make a good villain. She has really good bone structure and could pull off a smokey, hot, bad-girl kind of look. The only thing she might have to do to improve her performance is to gain some muscle weight and a little more tone. Her English accent would definitely make her character hotter/more villainous.

November 13, 2010 at 12:11 pm | Report abuse |
  85. KHall

Batman's love interest: Anybody other than Maggie Gyllenhaal. I mean, seriously, she wasn't pleasing to look at in the second film at all. I was utterly disappointed that Christopher Nolan chose her.
    I do like Anne Hathaway. She'd make a really good damsel in distress. She is a good actress and can definitely pull off being awkward, innocent, and humorous. Perfect for Batman's love interest.

Blake Lively. One word: No.

Rachel Weisz. Lovely but tough. Batman's girlfriend may become Batgirl.

Natalie Portman. She'd turn into a villain that dressed like Queen Amadala. I just can't really picture her alongside Christian Bale.

Naomi Watts. She's a stick figure. I imagine Batman's love interest being voluptuous and gorgeous. If she's cast and has to wear a white dress somewhere in the film I'm going to wonder where King Kong is.

November 13, 2010 at 11:55 am | Report abuse |
  86. amanda

I totally agree with Johnny Depp! Heath Ledger can NEVER be replaced, and he was beyond amazing as Joker, but Johnny can totally pull it off! And Kiera or Natalie are good choices!!! Keep Christian Bale–he is pretty much the only constant actor, you can't change Batman in the middle of the franchise. It hasn't been long enough since the last one.

November 13, 2010 at 11:55 am | Report abuse |
  87. Rokal

Hollywood A-list actress Blake Lively ?
    dude....

November 13, 2010 at 11:41 am | Report abuse |
  88. batman fan

Anne hathaway..... defanitly

November 13, 2010 at 11:29 am | Report abuse |
  89. Jerry S

Legendary Playboy Playmate Miriam Gonzalez would be great Eye Candy for audiences!

November 13, 2010 at 11:29 am | Report abuse |
  90. Liz

I´m for Emma Watson or Anne Hathaway!!!!

November 13, 2010 at 11:26 am | Report abuse |
  91. Mike

Damn.... couldn't even consider a black woman huh?.......

November 13, 2010 at 11:14 am | Report abuse |
  92. Elvin

the villain may be Catwoman, Talia Al Ghul or a new women villain. for a villain actress I'll pick,... Rachel Wesiz (she had some mad fighting skills in the mommy returns) be sides, she looks like a catwoman and Talia to me. Tom hardy will probobbly be Black Mask, Dead-shot, Harvy B or some new villain. Hope that the movie turns out great. I personally, will love to see it go 2 ways... Black Mask and Catwoman or Talia with Dead-shot for villains in a movie (Black and Cat will be the better choise kids) I still think it maybe one women playing a villain and! a love intrest... Then yet a maybe wrong. It could me 2... Well I think how can be the villain. Any! Girl could play the love intrest for Bruce.

November 13, 2010 at 11:09 am | Report abuse |
  93. d

Heath ledger is, was, and always will be a butt-plugging joke. The only reason he won any award is because he died. Long live Mark Hamill!

November 13, 2010 at 10:45 am | Report abuse |
  94. She is junky

November 13, 2010 at 10:27 am | Report abuse |
  95. THARRIS

is Halle Berry too old to go out for Cwoman?

November 13, 2010 at 10:18 am | Report abuse |
  96. Nataswon

Ok, folks, first to those clamoring for Bale to be replaced by a different actor as Batman; Bale and Nolan originally signed onto do 3 Batman movies. So forget replacing Bale. I personally like Bale as Batman.
    I also agree that Depp as either Joker or Riddler would be a good choice.
    Female leads...most of the comments made previously I agree with. I think Anne Hathaway could be good. While comical, she was a surprise to me in Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland.
    Bottom line: Christopher Nolan knows what he is doing. I have been a huge fan of his work. Inception was incredible. The last two Batman movies he has made are both the best hands down in the character's franchise. Big test now is can he outdo his own Dark Knight creation, third installments don't do that well typically. Having said that I cannot wait to see what see what he creates as odds are in his favor that this 3rd flick won't suck.

November 13, 2010 at 10:18 am | Report abuse |
  97. T-3

i would love to see anne hathaway in the movie! i love all her movies especially passengers.

November 13, 2010 at 10:04 am | Report abuse |
  98. Lisa-uk

Marion Cottillard

November 13, 2010 at 9:51 am | Report abuse |
  99. Ty

Johnny depo should be the riddler if they ever put another batman w/ riddler

and there can never be a joker in an batman movie in the future hands down

November 13, 2010 at 9:42 am | Report abuse |
  100. jay

Shirley mcclaine as the penguin

November 13, 2010 at 9:39 am | Report abuse |
  101. martin

Jonny depp should b tha joker he will b tha best nex to heath ledger performance !!

November 13, 2010 at 9:03 am | Report abuse |
  102. starr

I think you all are crazy. Heath Ledger hands down was the best joker ever and won a golden globe even after he passed away. Christin Bale is a great Batman i can't see anyone better (except pervious Michael Keaton). Now for female rolls....none that are on that list at all for sure. kate beckinsale (wrong spelling) or scarlett johanson would make hella awesome catwomen contenders. For bruse wayne love interest gotta remember from the original he fell in love with catwomans alter ego. so we shall see.

November 13, 2010 at 7:52 am | Report abuse |
  103. batman

All I say is quit restarting the story everytime we get a new director or lead for these hero movies. It is lazy. Continue where the last one left off for fans' sake

November 13, 2010 at 7:12 am | Report abuse |
  104. hector

Yeah Harvey maybe alive in arkham but gordon tell the world that he is dead then harley quinn break two face
    out of arkham order from the joker!

November 13, 2010 at 4:59 am | Report abuse |
  105. SiD DiStIc

Love Christina, but the girl just can't act, and Bale needs to be handed his friggen hat. Portman for a Bruce Wayne attraction wins hands down. Not sure at this point who to replace Bale with as long as he's replaced.

November 13, 2010 at 4:00 am | Report abuse |
  106. Lilo

Naomi Watts and Anne Hathaway is a MUST..!! Surprise me..!!

November 13, 2010 at 3:13 am | Report abuse |
  107. James

Christina Ricci as Harley Quinn! Who's with me?

November 13, 2010 at 2:24 am | Report abuse |
  108. Loren

I heard Danny devito and Kim basinger have negotiations going on now to reprise their roles in the Batman series. Also, did anyone notice Burt Ward in TDK as a bum?

November 13, 2010 at 1:43 am | Report abuse |
  109. steelballz

I think Christian Bale should be re-casted cuz he sounds too much like Clint Eastwood as Batman. However, I was interested to see how Heath Ledger as The Joker would measure up to Jack's Joker and to my jaw-dropping surprise Heath buried Jack! Love interest for Bruce Wayne, my pick would be Kiera Knightley and if Harley Quinn is to be the female villain then I would choose Sherri Moon Zombie! She has the blonde hair, shapely hour glass figure and a maniacal laugh! Again, just my opinion! Peace!!!

November 13, 2010 at 1:39 am | Report abuse |
    • Sarah

Shari Moon!!! What a great idea! Never woulda thought of her but damn she'd be great. Love the Zombies.

November 13, 2010 at 12:35 pm | Report abuse |
  110. Daniel

Can't wait to see Ryan Seacrest play Robin. Now that I'll pay to watch!

November 13, 2010 at 1:32 am | Report abuse |
  111. Mario

Sienna Miller as Poison Ivy and Kate Beckinsale as Catwoman!!!

November 13, 2010 at 1:31 am | Report abuse |
  112. rico

Ill tell u who should play the joker......joseph gordon levitt from inception. Same facial structure as heath. Great actor. And id love to see a harley quinn....anne hathaway got the mouth to b a good harley but harley is too hot, maybe a jessica biel or hell scarlett.

November 13, 2010 at 12:28 am | Report abuse |
    • Sarah

Interesting idea. I'll second JGL. He's talented and often overlooked. Jessica Biel is too C-level for this. A nice strong B star will turn this out. I think Blake Lively is a good thought.

November 13, 2010 at 12:33 pm | Report abuse |
  113. D

Jolie would be horrible she is in waaaay to many movies with her be the leading star or costar. Her playing this role would be too easy and we all know how she acts in a movie it would be really boring..

November 13, 2010 at 12:04 am | Report abuse |
  114. DL

Who cares. Until they recast the lead role, I'll never watch another one. That guy sucks.

November 13, 2010 at 12:04 am | Report abuse |
  115. king ent

I thing the only man that could play the riddler to the max would be will farrel

November 12, 2010 at 11:46 pm | Report abuse |
  116. miles long

Depp is great! but he's not Heath... who can really follow or raise up to the level that Heath has taken the role of the "Joker"?

November 12, 2010 at 11:28 pm | Report abuse |
  117. Fred L. Fraud

Betty White as Catgranny

November 12, 2010 at 11:25 pm | Report abuse |
  118. miles

I agree that Jolie would be perfect! she is very versitile...

November 12, 2010 at 11:19 pm | Report abuse |
  119. $pinNRepeat

Many of these woman are just "Pop" actresses and probably won't make the cut. However, Watts and Weisz are fairly talented though...

November 12, 2010 at 10:58 pm | Report abuse |
  120. rahjneesh

the franchise is dead...after Ledger's Joker, Batman himself is a collossal bore...dont think this one is going to fly...better off straight to DVD....

November 12, 2010 at 10:37 pm | Report abuse |
    • Thursday

Are you serious? Batman Begins is a superior film than the dark knght AND Heath ledger wasn't in it. Yes Heath portrayed joker better than anyone but the next film can still be great without him.

November 13, 2010 at 4:28 am | Report abuse |
    • the truth

I thought Batman begins was WAAAAY better than dark knight. I didn't really care for heath ledger and it was creepy watching him knowing he was dead.

November 13, 2010 at 5:49 pm | Report abuse |
  121. ray

Maby if SuperMan made a small cameo in the Movie.

November 12, 2010 at 10:35 pm | Report abuse |
  122. bama199293

they need to let the joker rip 2 hot females who cares, it will b steamy

November 12, 2010 at 10:11 pm | Report abuse |
  123. shayla marcell

I think bat mans old lover should be the villan and she should like disiuge her self and batman wont know and they fall in love at the end when batman find out its her and she (pretends) to stop being evil and they get together and at the end she tries to kll batman and she winks and thats the end

November 12, 2010 at 10:08 pm | Report abuse |
  124. Altyrell

I agree with Amanda. It could also be Harley Quinn. To my knowledge, unless they create someone new, the only Female Villains are Catwomen, Poison Ivy and Harley Quinn. If it is Harley, then i think that this would be the first time she has had a physical live body as opposed to Voice Actresses. With Catwomen & Poison Ivy their Actresses would be compared to the Previous Actresses that played them respectively.

November 12, 2010 at 10:01 pm | Report abuse |
    • Altyrell

Nevermind, I forgot about the show "Birds of Prey" in which Mia Sara played as Harley Quinn (Sherilyn Fenn portrayed Harley Quinn in the original Unaired Pilot). All other Non-Comic Appearances of Harley had Voice Actresses.

November 12, 2010 at 10:06 pm | Report abuse |
  125. Fonz

How about Martin Short as Mr. Myxlptzl...I know I spelt the name wrong buy the true Dark Knight fans know who I'm talking about

November 12, 2010 at 9:51 pm | Report abuse |
  126. Rojo

I think they should have the mad hatter or black mask.

November 12, 2010 at 9:33 pm | Report abuse |
  127. Chris

Who cares, I'm tired of freakin comic book movies. Its time for hollywood to get some new ideas again. No more comic book movies, re-makes of old tv showd, and tired sequals.

November 12, 2010 at 9:09 pm | Report abuse |
  128. J

Chloe Sevigny. I know it's an odd choice, but I think she would be great if given the right script.

November 12, 2010 at 8:29 pm | Report abuse |
  129. Amanda

Quinn is the psychologist assigned to the joker. She falls in love with him in archym and goes out to carry out his way of mind- doing the jokers work on the outside while he is in. The joker was arrested in the last one so it would make sense that he's not scene but reeking havoc

November 12, 2010 at 8:01 pm | Report abuse |
  130. Amanda

Harley Quinn people!!!!!

November 12, 2010 at 7:55 pm | Report abuse |
  131. cydney

Blake Lively as Catwoman, someone more soft and demure for his love interest, maybe Natalie Portman, Carey Mulligan.

November 12, 2010 at 7:48 pm | Report abuse |
  132. alexander

Catwoman? how about jolie or beckinsale?

November 12, 2010 at 7:21 pm | Report abuse |
    • wrciii

I am ALL FOR Kate Beckinsale! She'd be prefect in most any role for this! Scarlett Johansen is also a great contender!

November 15, 2010 at 9:57 am | Report abuse |
  133. anna rowe

Who will play i hope it will be chrisopher bane hes plays a good batman

November 12, 2010 at 6:59 pm | Report abuse |
  134. bb

How about Scarlett or Portia? Both are beautiful and could play villian or love interest...............

November 12, 2010 at 6:54 pm | Report abuse |
  135. Deadman1313

Hugo Weaving would make the best riddler and is Rais Al Guhl really dead? Will they reveal the lazarus pit? Anne Hathaway may make a good Harley Quinn.

November 12, 2010 at 6:28 pm | Report abuse |
  136. Mike

Two Faced is dead, he died in Dark Knight, hasn't anyone seen the movie yet & they still insist he should he in the 3rd one! Duh!
    I'd like to see Kate Beckinsail, Scarlett Johannsen & some other hot honeys in the upcoming project.
    Howard Stern as Fartman, Gilbert Gottfried as Afleck: The Irritated Jewish Duck & the ghost of Paul Lynde as The Center Square would fill the male villian roles out quite nicely!

November 12, 2010 at 6:24 pm | Report abuse |
  137. Amanda

It would be GREAT if it were Talia. I'm all for a female villain.

And she's being voiced by Stana Katic in Arkham 2. I'd die of sheer happiness if she were cast in the movie

November 12, 2010 at 6:18 pm | Report abuse |
  138. jake Dole

Who du u think should play the next Joker? I personally think that Johnny Depp could pull it off.

November 12, 2010 at 6:18 pm | Report abuse |
    • P~

I agree with johnny depp being joker, maybe they could give Mel Gibson a villain role.

November 12, 2010 at 8:19 pm | Report abuse |
  139. Tony

I would drop my left nut if the male villain was Hush.

November 12, 2010 at 6:10 pm | Report abuse |
  140. dannn

Im telling you... the female villain is talia al ghul... this third installment is the END, full circle... and in the beginning Ras Al Ghul forshadowed that once the current leader of the league of assassins was killed... another would replace him... and Talia's daddy died in the first one... so who better than Talia?

November 12, 2010 at 6:05 pm | Report abuse |
    • Josh

This is my guess. A whole lot better than catwoman.

November 12, 2010 at 8:27 pm | Report abuse |
    • Lazarus

YES! This would be epic. The Daughter of the Demon was meant to be Batman's intended. And with the Lazarus Pits provides an excellent return for the Demon's return!

November 14, 2010 at 4:48 am | Report abuse |
    • Spizzel

This.

November 15, 2010 at 4:31 pm | Report abuse |
  141. Alan S

Ahhhhhhhh! Don't forget Two Face unless he ran for office!

November 12, 2010 at 5:58 pm | Report abuse |
  142. Adrian adrian

It's Harley Quinn I guarantee it!!!

November 12, 2010 at 5:43 pm | Report abuse |
    • Josh

Without Joker Harley Quinn is not going to be in it. Kinda need the Joker for Harley to be involved.

November 12, 2010 at 6:24 pm | Report abuse |
    • Tranny

I can guarantee it's not, Nolan would never pick a character that was created for Batman the Animated Series.

November 15, 2010 at 10:46 am | Report abuse |
  143. Marcel Valdy

Anne hathaway, undoubtedly

November 12, 2010 at 5:40 pm | Report abuse |
  144. Melisa

for some reason I would like blake lively she is very pretty and I think would be able to play that role since she is also mysterious

November 12, 2010 at 5:39 pm | Report abuse |
  145. Jacob Boise

I think about the third batman should have robin as Chris O' Donnell

November 12, 2010 at 5:34 pm | Report abuse |
  146. Roy Dogsi

Killer croc or Bane maybe? I dont think we want a different mr. Freeze tho lol

November 12, 2010 at 5:17 pm | Report abuse |
  147. Ryan

So no Riddler, no Joker, and "old faces" based on recent interviews. Now Catwoman? I think we all know it would be hard to top TDK post Ledger, but if a love interest & Catwoman are the first news we hear I don't think that bodes well...Though Nolan has yet to let me down, so I suppose I'll just have to wait and see the end product. Just hope by "old faces" he's not hinting at Scarecrow again. And Two Face would be a hard sell.

November 12, 2010 at 5:12 pm | Report abuse |
    • lev

Nobody expected that the dark knight was gonna be good with heath ledger. I remember everyone saying he was going to be horrible and uncomparable to jack Nicholson. They were all wrong. So I'm pretty sure everyone will be wrong again. Nolan knows what he is doing.

November 12, 2010 at 5:27 pm | Report abuse |
  148. Kita

Rachel Weisz could be interesting.
    Haven't seen enough material with Naomi Watts to judge.
    Ditto Blake Lively
    Natalie Portman has possibilities. I think she's moved well beyond the "Padme" role.
    Anne Hathaway...I'm iffy on. She's good, but she seems too playful for a Batman movie.
    Keira Knightley......bwrgh x_x No.

November 12, 2010 at 5:08 pm | Report abuse |
    • Lance

You haven't seen Anne in Havoc then, she wasn't playful in that role and did very well

November 13, 2010 at 1:14 pm | Report abuse |
  149. Mark

Rachel Weisz hands down.

November 12, 2010 at 5:02 pm | Report abuse |
  150. Kiki

I don't care what actress they cast. Just as long as they cast Edward Norton as the Riddler....I will be happy!

November 12, 2010 at 4:57 pm | Report abuse |
  151. Kiki

I don't care what actress they cast as they cast Edward Norton as the Riddler!

November 12, 2010 at 4:51 pm | Report abuse |
    • Ryder

Sorry Kiki, but I've been looking for news about Batman 3 and Christopher Nolan says Riddler won't be in the movie :(

November 12, 2010 at 5:18 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jim

I hope merill Streep gets it!

November 14, 2010 at 1:55 am | Report abuse |
    • Douglas Schmoney

November 14, 2010 at 5:34 pm | Report abuse |
    • Uncle & Aunty

To be frank I can't believe I'm wasting my time here and I apologise for my earlier immature post.............but I must admit I did enjoy Nolan's work on Batman so far. Casting Bale was astute; he is an actor I have tremendous respect for. It is a shame that there needs to be any romantic storyline as the multiple layers of Batman's character/personality interplaying with that of others is more than enough for fullsome cinema time and a love interest detracts from the seriousness of the experience.

November 14, 2010 at 5:56 pm | Report abuse |
    • dennis

i argee norton is the man when he does a roll

January 12, 2011 at 1:50 pm | Report abuse |