Wheaton rules once again on 'Big Bang Theory'
November 12th, 2010

Wheaton rules once again on 'Big Bang Theory'

Wil Wheaton, why must you wait so long in between guest starring appearances on “Big Bang Theory”?

I just love what Wheaton, who we hope is playing a more evil version of himself, does to Sheldon. As much as I love watching our favorite geek spar with Leonard and his pals, no one - but no one - brings the crazy out in Sheldon like Wheaton.

Thursday night’s episode centered on a cinema showing of “The Raider of the Lost Ark,” complete with 21 seconds of never before seen footage. You may smirk, but I would totally stand in line to see that.

As would Sheldon and the fellows, but when they don’t heed Sheldon’s advice to get to the cinema extra early for the midnight showing, they are relegated to the back of the line. Not so for Wheaton and his posse, who also arrive a bit tardy and are immediately escorted inside.

Of course the line moves right along until it gets to our guys, and then there's no more room in the theater. Sheldon just can’t let his arch enemy Wheaton (who is tweeting his delight at making it in when Sheldon hasn’t) win. At least not on the say-so of the guy who Sheldon refers to as a “petty functionary” and is quick to let Sheldon know that his word rules because “I'm a petty functionary with a clipboard, b***h.”

Loved it!!!

While all that hilarity was going on, even more fun was happening over at Penny’s apartment as Amy Fowler muscled her way into Penny and Bernadette’s “girls night.”

Watching Amy try to fit in with those two was almost better than some of the scenes this season between Sheldon and Penny. It was just pure comic genius from start to finish, and I may have to go back and re-read Chaucer’s “The Miller’s Tale.” Or not.

What did you think Bangers? Was this week’s episode wondrous?

1. Chuck

The first three seasons were golden. The fourth, not so much. The plots seem more hollow, and of course I can't stand Amy. Sheldon is a unique individual, and that is what made Jim Parsons such an integral part of the comedy series. Trying to pair him up with a female equivalent may have been, dare I say, the beginning of an end of an epic moment in television history.

January 13, 2011 at 7:13 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Steven

ops i put it in reply by accident, but here's the message:
    Ok, Amy really ruins this show, seriously, like a previous poster said "She sucks the air out of most every scene in which she appears." QFT It just ruins the show for me.

December 10, 2010 at 7:06 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Delicia

Coincidentally I had my laptop next to me with Twitter open during this episode. Imagine my glee when whatever Evil Wil Wheaton was posting on twitter in the show, also appeared on his Twitter in real life at that exact moment!! Well-played, Mr. Wheaton, well-played.

December 10, 2010 at 2:16 pm | Report abuse |
  4. ral

I enjoyed the show. Amy's character had something more this week but wish she was a character with a little more soul, sheldon still comes off as human, Amy just is a robot...I dunno. This Season is getting a bit better but I miss some of the geeky revenge of the nerds stuff

November 12, 2010 at 5:59 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Ray

And don't get me started on that Blossom re-tread. Good lord, guys, it's the same stupid schtick every episode... It was old after the first time. The writers are killing this show... or perhaps it's the network executives who are pulling the strings of the writers. We desever better!!!

November 12, 2010 at 4:37 pm | Report abuse |
  6. christopher

The show is definitely focusing to much on Sheldon. The first two seasons were great because of the equal interaction of the 4 friends and there awkwardness with women which was magnified by Penny's presence. Sad to say, as much as I love TBBT, I am giving this season a thumb's down. It lost it's balance when Penny and Leonard got together and then split and hasn't managed to regain it balance and focus. Amy Fowler is a waste of time and really adds nothing to regaining the strength of the first two seasons.

November 12, 2010 at 4:07 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Josh

I just rolled on the floor when Amy goes into the bedroom after Penny.

November 12, 2010 at 3:19 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Ray

I can't stand that dweeb. Having one guest appearance by Wil Wheaton was more than enough.

I also HATE that BBT is becoming the Sheldon Show. It's losing it's charm, which came from the interactions of all four guys. The writers are making a classic error by building so much of the show around Jim Parsons. The other members are funny too!!!

I'm finding that I'm less interested in watching it this season... and will likely just walk away... just like the rest of the cast is likely to do soon.

November 12, 2010 at 3:02 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Max

It's not Will, it's Wil with one "L". For people who watch The Big Bang Theory, you'd think they would know this.

November 12, 2010 at 2:48 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Caroline

Nobody gets Sheldon's ire up like WIll Wheaton. It's so funny to watch someone that annoys Sheldon the way that Sheldon annoys everyone else, especially since Will does it with such relish.

November 12, 2010 at 2:36 pm | Report abuse |
  11. WillWheatonsucks.com

Another great episode, it is scary how much in common I have with the Big Bang Theory gang. I totally knew what they were referring to when talking about the 21-second clip from Raiders that "may explain the submarine scene" Jim Parsons really deserved that emmy, he may get himself nominated yet again. Amy Farrah Fowler brings a fresh new spin to the series, I'm glad they decided to make her a recurring character. Also Howard's girlfriend completes the spin and gives Penny a posse of her own to entertain us with. As always, I look forward to the next episode...

November 12, 2010 at 1:35 pm | Report abuse |
    • Steven

December 10, 2010 at 7:04 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Amy Fowler stinks

Please, please, PLEASE lose Amy Farrah Fowler. She sucks the air out of most every scene in which she appears. Honestly, I think the show has suffered with her addition, especially since it seems that Sheldon has crossed the line between annoying and intolerable this season.

November 12, 2010 at 1:16 pm | Report abuse |