Two 'Potter' stars doubt they'd return if franchise continues
November 12th, 2010

Two 'Potter' stars doubt they'd return if franchise continues

As the first of the final two "Harry Potter" films gets ready to hit theaters, stars Daniel Radcliffe and Emma Watson both say it would take a bit of wizardry for them to reprise their roles ever again.

Though author J.K. Rowling recently told Oprah Winfrey that she hasn't ruled out adding a few new titles to the blockbuster "Harry Potter" book series, Radcliffe is ready to leave the boy wizard behind.

"Oh God, she promised me categorically that there wouldn't be another book involving Harry," 21-year-old Radcliffe, who has played Harry Potter since age 11, said in a Sky News interview. The actor added he is "doubtful" that he would participate in any future Potter films. "I think 10 years is a long time to spend with one character," he said.

Meanwhile, 20-year-old co-star Watson, a sophomore at Brown University in Rhode Island, may be done with acting altogether.

"It happened when I was very young," she said of being cast as Muggle Hermione Granger, "and this was one role and it transformed the whole of my life. But it doesn't necessarily mean that this is what's going to make me happy. I want to be able to explore a few other things as well."

"Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1" is out November 19, with the follow-up arriving in July 2011.

Post by:
Filed under: Celebrities • Harry Potter • movies

1. Bret

Aw, it was a very nice post. In idea I would like to put in writing like this additionally – spending time and actual work to have a good write-up

May 24, 2012 at 7:51 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Barclay

I think this is among the most vital information for me. And i'm glad reading your article. But should remark on some general things, The web site style is great, the articles is really great : D. Good job, cheers

March 2, 2011 at 5:16 am | Report abuse |
  3. Bob

She'll probably do what many series authors do and write a series of prequel books. Tell the story of Harry's parents, Voldie, Dumbledore, etc. and end it with the death of the parents.

December 30, 2010 at 1:53 pm | Report abuse |
  4. ASDFRJKL;

HERMIONE GRANGER IS NOT A MUGGLE IDIOT.

December 28, 2010 at 1:16 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Rebecca

Rowling can't write anything other then Harry Potter type books. She's a bad writer. Only thing that got her this fame was good publicity. All her books are frabrigated from other peoples stories,(even the name Harry Potter was stolen) have no depth and have convenient plot lines that only pop up when it's..convenient. Any book she has written after these books are all linked in some way to Harry Potter.

December 28, 2010 at 11:38 am | Report abuse |
    • KMC

And I suppose your an author who has the credentials to critique Rowling?

January 3, 2011 at 2:06 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Laila

Hermione's not a muggle...she has powers.

November 25, 2010 at 10:47 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Russ

good for your Emma. you don't need to be an actor to feel happy!

go to school, get an education.. be a real person!

November 25, 2010 at 4:07 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Rance

Daniel Radcliffe is an immensely talented young man. I had the chance to see him perform in Equus on Broadway, and he was phenomenal. He was a completely different character, as any good actor should have the ability to do. He surely has a future in the acting business, and I wish him all the best luck!

November 19, 2010 at 4:18 pm | Report abuse |
  9. trixen

Even though I don't exactly like Emma's new do, I still think she's friggin hot.

November 19, 2010 at 8:18 am | Report abuse |
  10. JohnF

Did anyone notice how they retouched this photo. The live video of the event Radcliffe had circles under his eyes that were so dark you would swear that he was a heroin addict.

November 14, 2010 at 6:25 pm | Report abuse |
    • Ron

About 99.9% of all photos of celebrities are retouched with Photoshop. Some celebrities have hired their own Photoshop gurus to touch up their photos and require the celebrities "OK" to be published. Such is the life of the celebrity. It's all about the image.

December 30, 2010 at 11:35 am | Report abuse |
    • Surly

Huh. I didn't even notice that he was there...

January 5, 2011 at 3:03 am | Report abuse |
  11. Monico Capone (check me on facebook)

dude Herpe Potter ROCKS excpet not as much as the simpsons

November 14, 2010 at 1:27 am | Report abuse |
  12. sabreman

THEIR FAME HAS GOTTEN INTO THEIR HEADS!!! IF NOT FOR JK ROWLING THEY WONT BE AS POPULAR AS THEY ARE RIGHT NOW!!!!!

November 13, 2010 at 3:01 pm | Report abuse |
    • JohnF

They are human beings, not slaves. They have every right to do what ever pleases them.

November 14, 2010 at 6:26 pm | Report abuse |
    • Ron

Sounds like you are just upset that the franchise is coming to an end. She might actually be done with acting. I'm sure she has enough money to retire into another life activity like raising a family at age 20. Jealous?

December 30, 2010 at 11:37 am | Report abuse |
  13. celebs911

we will make prediction soon for these Harry Potter celebs, in the meanwhile check our blog for other celebs predictions.

November 13, 2010 at 2:05 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Sockness Monster

I dont want to be a muggle.

November 13, 2010 at 1:12 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Ish

If she were going to write a new book it would be fairly easy to write both ways(before or after the harry potter series) she dosen't really put much about "history" other than the personal history of Harry Potter himself.

November 13, 2010 at 5:41 am | Report abuse |
  16. Sam T

Hermoine doesn't play a muggle. Muggles are non-magical people. Her parents would be muggles, but not her.

November 12, 2010 at 4:19 pm | Report abuse |
    • anon

troll...

November 13, 2010 at 12:36 pm | Report abuse |
    • Sara F.

Glad I'm not the only one that noticed that. They could have at least had someone write the article who had watched one of the films.

November 14, 2010 at 11:57 pm | Report abuse |
    • PamJ

Thank you! yes, I noticed too- FACTS people! She is muggle-born not a muggle. :)

November 16, 2010 at 3:11 pm | Report abuse |
    • Darkwolf

Actually, she's half-muggle (or a "Mudblood, to use the rude term).

November 25, 2010 at 12:46 pm | Report abuse |
  17. Laura

We don't need any new Harry books...but I would love a series about the first war with Voldemort. James Potter and the Something-Something would be fine by me!

November 12, 2010 at 2:25 pm | Report abuse |
    • Hillary

I totally agree with you!!... When I heard she was talking about possibly writing some new books, you would think they would HAVE to be prequels to the first book, which does intrigue me. I honestly though wish she would just leave the series alone and try to write something new. Obviously, she will never has as big of a hit as the Harry Potter series... but something new would be nice...

November 12, 2010 at 5:24 pm | Report abuse |
  18. Steven Seagal

Well, enjoy both of your soon to be out of the public eye because this is the end of your fame. Except, of course, when she poses in Playboy. I'm looking forward to that.

November 12, 2010 at 2:01 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jye75

You're an idiot. Neither one of them needs anymore fame, they've both got more money than they'll ever need. (which is more than I can say for your namesake)

November 12, 2010 at 2:53 pm | Report abuse |
    • @ Jye75

Leave him be, he's just some bored kid who skipped class to comment on these boards. Either that or he's an unemployed guy with nothing better to do.

November 12, 2010 at 3:35 pm | Report abuse |
    • Steven Seagal

Namesake? I'm just going by my given name, Jye. And no, you're wrong. Just by saying they want to do different things they illustrate that they want more fame.

November 12, 2010 at 3:44 pm | Report abuse |
    • T Bones

You are a fool. That's like Harrison Ford saying he was done with Indiana Jones and wanted to do something else. Was he looking for more fame? Or could it be, maybe, just maybe, he didn't want to be pigeon holed as an actor who could only do 2 different movies? FOOL!

November 12, 2010 at 5:06 pm | Report abuse |
    • Dan Murphy

Dick Head would have been a more appropriate name given the way you turned out.

November 13, 2010 at 4:37 am | Report abuse |
    • Ish

The only people who have more money than they know what to do with are people who don't know what to do with money.

November 13, 2010 at 5:38 am | Report abuse |
    • sesquipedalian

"Either that or he's an unemployed guy with nothing better to do."

that proves it – he IS Steven Seagal!

November 19, 2010 at 10:18 am | Report abuse |
    • lpm

@Steven...right. She goes to Brown (ever heard of it?) God...are you that pathetic that this is the kind of comment you have to make?

December 28, 2010 at 10:11 am | Report abuse |