AMC's 'Rubicon' ends after one season
November 12th, 2010

AMC's 'Rubicon' ends after one season

The political thriller "Rubicon" apparently held little intrigue for AMC viewers. The network announced that it has canceled the series after just one season.

This marks the first AMC original series to get the axe. Both "Mad Men" and "Breaking Bad" have earned respectable ratings and critical raves while the limited series "The Prisoner" completed its single run, according to the Hollywood Reporter.

Meanwhile, the new zombie series "The Walking Dead" – which premiered October 31 – has been a huge hit and is already set to return for a second season.

So what went wrong with "Rubicon"? According to most critics, it was the espionage series's plodding pace and lack of thrills that made viewers lose patience and resulted in low ratings.

As the Boston Globe's Matthew Gilbert put it: "I was a big fan of 'Rubicon' at the beginning, and I admired its ambition to be like a 1970s conspiracy thriller. But I got increasingly frustrated with the scripts as the season progressed. It wasn’t the slow pace that got to me, so much as the stubborn withholding of information and revelation. Unlike movies, TV requires some weekly reward."

Regardless, AMC is pleased with their production.

"'Rubicon' gave us an opportunity to tell a rich and compelling story, and we're very proud of the series," the network said in a statement. "This was not an easy decision, but we are grateful to have had the opportunity to work with such a phenomenally talented and dedicated team."

1. Bruce

This show made you think on your toes and if you couldn't do that, you found it slow and boring as many of the comments here suggested. But to me and many others, it was one of the best TV shows ever created and we were devastated when it was cancelled.Personally, I don't think the number of viewers was the only reason it was cancelled. I think it portrayed exactly how our government works and it was shut down for that reason.

October 15, 2012 at 11:11 am | Report abuse |
  2. Travis

Sure it wasn’t the fastest moving show but it had a good deal of potential, and I wish they would’ve given it more time to develop it’s audience. Although, to be honest, now that I’ve switched from Comcast to DISH Network (and paying so much less), I wonder how that’s effected my view of the shows I’m on the fence about and I can understand where AMC was coming from. Before I felt ripped off if I show didn’t live up to what I was paying every month to watch TV. Now that I’m working for DISH I also see all the work that goes on behind the scenes to make the customer service great too. If you’re trying to figure out what provider might be best for you I found this site http://www.BestTVForMe.com that details the pro’s and con’s of each company. It’s definitely worth a look.

July 12, 2011 at 3:19 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Patrick

Arg! I was just doing an internet search to find out when the new season started.. and I come across this.. so lame! I loved this show, a thinking mans TV show instead of the trivial brainless crap that litter the television these days. I'm saddened, and let down.. at least give it another season to end properly instead of leaving us hanging like this. It was no slower than the Killing as mentioned by Geo, which I do like too, and it a lot more intriguing than the Walking Dead, which again, I like. All I really have to say is BOOOOOO.

June 7, 2011 at 4:12 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Geo

AMC doesn't get the word out well. Catching up On Demand watching The Killing which was necessitated since I wasn't aware it began. Got me thinking, when was Rubicon coming back, since had been seeing all the teasers for summer shows that look like junk? Did a search & find it's dead as Osama. Real pity. Certainly as paced as The Killing and more intriguing. As a retired intelligence professional I found it did have a credulity that perhaps cut too close to the bone and may have given certain quarters concern. Murders are plentiful and accepted by the mass audience. Mystery is better but intrigue is what Rubicon had which made it unique. None of this in The Walking Dead. Glad AMC had nothing to do with the hunt for bin Laden or we'd be watching the Amazing Race Afghanistan or Revenge of the al Qaeda Zombies. Programming today like Rubicon can't survive. Guess there is reason why the creator left after the pilot. Likely doomed from the start due to lack of confidence enough people may still appreciate intellectual stimulus. This country unfortunately is going to deserve what it gets. Bread & circus!

May 11, 2011 at 3:56 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Sarah

Bummer! I just did a search to see when Rubicon was coming back, but instead found this post and learned that it's been cancelled! That was a great show. So disappointed it's cancelled!!!!! I hope someone else picks it up.

May 2, 2011 at 10:08 pm | Report abuse |
  6. TONY

BEST SHOW ON TV AND YOU CANCEL IT ?WHO THE HELL IS RUNNING AMC?THEY NEED TO BE FIRED.

March 12, 2011 at 2:56 am | Report abuse |
  7. Kathryn

Darn, I was really looking forward to more "Rubicon".........I never missed it and always watched each episode again on Demand to see what I missed the first time. I always found something. I loved this series and the cast was excellent.

February 7, 2011 at 5:25 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Robin

Of course Rubicon was canceled! It was one of the few intelligent programs out in TV land. My husband and I looked forward to it each week. American audiences do usually go for the dumbed-down programming. Soon BBC America will be off the air, I'm sure.

January 18, 2011 at 10:52 pm | Report abuse |
    • Adie

Thanks for using vailurtly the same screen name you used on another recent Deadline post Now I know who you are. This will be fun.

February 13, 2012 at 4:20 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Pat

Unbelievable! Another great series trashed for what? Not a reality show or some other mindless stupidity?! Flash Forward, down the tubes, why? Caprica, gone, why? Damages taken away from most of us. Life on Mars was such a great series...GONE!!! And others. How many ways can we spell stupid. Or in other words: follow the money.

January 12, 2011 at 11:52 am | Report abuse |
  10. nessa

I can't believe Rubicon was cancelled. What are you crazy? This just gives me one more reason to cancel my cable.

January 12, 2011 at 10:39 am | Report abuse |
  11. Suzanne Suppes

I agree with the above comments for the most part. Give the show the chance that it needs to catch on. We did not watch Mam Men tne first two seasons even after rave reviews. It was word of mouth reviews from family members and friends that got us interested. We got the DVD's and got really into it-wouldn't miss it now. Give Rubicon the chance to catch on-it's an intriguing show and well-acted. Definitely worth saving!

January 11, 2011 at 11:07 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Alex T

I truly liked it, but also understand it has limited appeal and networks are in business of making money. But sometimes being unfinished helps the show on its way to cult status – so, we can at least hope Rubicon will join "Twin Peaks" and "Blake 7" as something which was too original for its own good and for which the fan can imagine a different ending – or any ending

December 29, 2010 at 2:27 pm | Report abuse |
  13. chris

very sad news to me... this was my favorite show on television.

December 28, 2010 at 2:14 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Becky from Bend, Oregon

Not a good move, AMC! Dumb decision - just plain dumb! My husband and I both really enjoyed Rubicon. We, too, hope another network picks it up. It kept our interest with the mystery and intrigue. AMC offers nothing else worth watching.

December 27, 2010 at 11:40 am | Report abuse |
  15. MJ

My dad and I loved this show in fact it was the only series we ever watched on amc. Please reconsider making a season 2. If amc can't see what a great show this was then they don't deserve to make a season 2, somone else should.

December 11, 2010 at 2:03 pm | Report abuse |
  16. SusanLT

Very disappointing...finally a show that requires you to think, interesting characters, complex plot, and AMC pulls the plug. I agree with a lot of the sentiments above...too many programs appeal to the lowest common denominator! So tired of channel-surfing and seeing nothing but reality shows.

December 7, 2010 at 6:23 pm | Report abuse |
  17. Andrea

I am/ was a great fan of the show and just hate that it will not be back for a 2nd season!

I wonder just how low it's ratings were – it was slow paced and intriguing; and I thought there were many clever people, like myself, watching this show :)

Alas, no such luck!

December 2, 2010 at 1:08 pm | Report abuse |
  18. gguz1

We are sad to hear this show is going away after just one season. Both my husband and I looked forward to Sunday evenings w/Rubicon and Mad Men. Rubicon was highly-intelligent television and the writing was superb. Not many shows take the time to develop characters like Rubicon. Too bad AMC did not give it another chance.

November 19, 2010 at 6:31 pm | Report abuse |
  19. JD

How sad. This show progressed from interesting but slow, to pretty good, to great. It moved more like a novel than a TV show. One of the few TV shows I looked forward to this year.

It says a lot about America that this show is canceled but a zombie show is a hit.

November 19, 2010 at 2:44 pm | Report abuse |
  20. KP

This show was slow and required concentration. That was the appeal. It was beautifully written and acted. I also had friends who I recommended it to who thought it was too slow the first couple of times they watched it. They were hooked and, like me, are extremely disappointed the AMC didn't continue the show for another season. Will there be a movie? There are still unanswered questions.

November 16, 2010 at 10:02 am | Report abuse |
  21. Christy

My husband and I (33, 29) were introduced to this show by my brother (33). It was an interesting show, each of us had certain characters that we really liked. We all fell well within AMC's target age group too. Very disappointing.

November 15, 2010 at 3:31 pm | Report abuse |
  22. BillHill

UNBELIEVABLE !!! I had several friends that judged Rubicon in 15 minutes as slow, I convinced them to keep watching, by the end THEY LOVED IT ! although I did have to download episodes to keep people up to date, I FEEL SORRY FOR THOSE THAT JUDGE THINGS TOO QUICKLY – YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOUR MISSING IN LIFE !!!! Instant gratification isn't what it seems, but I guess thats why McDonald's & Burger King is so popular, I prefer slow roasted home cookin', SLOW DOWN WORLD – Enjoy Life !!! WOW I still cant believe its over [ ;-(

November 15, 2010 at 10:01 am | Report abuse |
  23. seth

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Man this hurts...what a great show this was.
    I can only pray that whatever executive at AMC dropped the axe on this show pulls his (or her) head out of his ass and brings it back

November 15, 2010 at 12:41 am | Report abuse |
  24. Jim

Just wanted to add another 'boo' to shows' cancellation. Yeah, like a movie...paced to make me want to come back for more. I wondered if it was going to be slated for only a two season run...there were just so many characters, a big bang, plenty of room to throw twists and turns as our hero leaves 'The Firm' to track down the big picture?
    Try again, I say, this genre has a hook. Hope to see the actors 'round after this.

November 15, 2010 at 12:39 am | Report abuse |
  25. Julie

Rubicon is one of the only highly intelligent shows on TV. The network should have anticipated a smaller viewership due to the nature of the show. It is deeply disappointing that AMC is following the trend of the major networks by not giving a quality show an opportunity to build an audience. I will most likely not watch the network for this lack of judgment.

November 14, 2010 at 7:20 pm | Report abuse |
  26. kdow

Such a high quality show was sadly underpromoted. It NEVER was discussed in Entertainment Weekly, People, or any of the magazines covering TV. It was never promoted on other stations, and it had a really pathetic website. "Are you smart enough to work at API? Visit amc.com/rubicon to find out!" Seriously? This was not "Legally Blonde". If it were, that might have been the right marketing pitch to drive a good online audience. AMC should not have assigned their marketing intern to launch a new show like Rubicon. Otherwise, this show might have been the next LOST.

November 14, 2010 at 12:14 pm | Report abuse |
  27. Paul Granahan

What a disappointment!!! I loved this show!!! I expected better from AMC.

November 14, 2010 at 2:35 am | Report abuse |
  28. Ralph Hooper

I loved Rubicon and am for the first time in my life devastated by a series cancellation. This show was simply brilliant. I loved the subtlety, intelligence, suspense and the superb acting by a wonderful cast. I echo other comments on the excitement of watching perceptive people grapple with raw intelligence. I applaud the depiction of sudden and quick violence rather than the wall-to-wall mayhem that passes for reality in most TV and movies. I too urge HBO or Showtime to grab this great show.

November 13, 2010 at 11:41 pm | Report abuse |
  29. Heather Terstegge

Really AMC? You are going to join the other networks that dumb it down to reach the average viewer? Zombies are fun but Rubicon was actually something to be proud of.

November 13, 2010 at 7:39 pm | Report abuse |
  30. Amazed

I am deeply saddened by this news. I found Rubicon to be a refreshing, intelligent, thought-provoking show. I appreciated that the writers didn't attempt to babysit the viewers by hitting them over the head with what was going on. They allowed you to think for yourself. I thought it was a real gem in a sea of pablum.

November 13, 2010 at 6:47 pm | Report abuse |
  31. JoeB

I really enjoyed this show and found the pacing a refreshing change from the typical TV fare. If we were only going to get one season of it if they at least could have ended it it more conclusively. I want to know about Will's lover/ neighbor – was she a good gal or a baddie? I couldn't tell if she was really trying to protect Katherine, or if she sent her to her death in the park square? I want to see Truxton get his instead of just walking away utterly unconcerned that he was exposed by Will. Oh well, another great show bites the dust – nothing new about that!

November 13, 2010 at 6:26 pm | Report abuse |
  32. rosemary quinn

I thought Rubicon was one of the best shows around. I will miss it way to kill a mood!

November 13, 2010 at 6:26 pm | Report abuse |
  33. Eva Woodhead

So they cancelled my favorite show on TV. Finely, something well written, clever and intellectually stimulating and of course,
    it's gone after one season. How frustrating is this!

November 13, 2010 at 6:16 pm | Report abuse |
  34. Bobm*

Undercover is on and that is what American TV viewers prefer over Rubicon. What a shame. We are becoming a nation of idiots.

November 13, 2010 at 6:15 pm | Report abuse |
  35. JoeS

I wish Networks would make a commitment to finish series before the start it. This is one of those shows that will get a large following if they stick with it and give it a chance to succeed. Word of mouth spreads slowly. This is especially true for shows that take time to develop. How many people are only now discovering Madmen or Breaking Bad? Generally speaking the more intelligent the show, the slower it will move. If AMC wants to build a reputation for intelligent programming then they need to have patience.

November 13, 2010 at 5:43 pm | Report abuse |
  36. ElizabethR

Terrible! I feel cheated!! AMC should reconsider. This is a terrific show.

November 13, 2010 at 4:10 pm | Report abuse |
  37. barbara duncan

Ditto to all the positive comments–it took me a while to figure out what kind of a show this was and then i was hooked. Especially on the characters who worked together. But i also loved Miranda Richardson and figured when they killed her off, the show wasn't going to get a year 2. Seemed like the writers/producers never quite knew what to do with her. Maybe some other network could take it on, but i guess that rarely happens?

November 13, 2010 at 3:07 pm | Report abuse |
  38. Evan

AMC PLEASE RECONSIDER THIS SHOW IS INCREDIBLE.

November 13, 2010 at 2:12 pm | Report abuse |
    • Wayne

I would liek to think they read these and gave thought to them..they could put it on at 4 am and I would watch it...

November 14, 2010 at 8:46 pm | Report abuse |
  39. Les F.

Really dumb move on AMC's part , I loved the show. I'm glad "The Walking Dead" has been renewed for a 2nd season , but so should Rubicon.

November 13, 2010 at 1:56 pm | Report abuse |
  40. Paul E.

I don't watch Mad Me, and only once in a while Breaking Bad, so the one show that AMC has that I can't wait to return, RUBICON, is cancelled. Dumb me for keeping AMC on my Satellite plan.

November 13, 2010 at 12:55 pm | Report abuse |
    • Wayne

I agree with you...gets me thinking what other show are they gonna pull from me....ifthey do this to a good show like this..they are very short sighted. I ually liek there stuff and found myself wacthing the channel alot...now whgat do I do..??

November 14, 2010 at 8:45 pm | Report abuse |
  41. gaston braun

I am really sorry that Rubicon is being canceled. I was thrilled to watch it every week, sometimes more than once. Intricate, yes, but exquisitely so...shades of John Le Carre. Full of subtle hints, looks and true suspense. Great, actually some superb acting. There should be room for a series not dealing with vampires, zombies or the mob. It is a loss, please reconsider.

November 13, 2010 at 9:55 am | Report abuse |
  42. Lauren

I am so upset that they canceled this show. For me it was a slow start, but once I got into the story and it developed, I was hooked. I'm really curious as to the reason for canceling the show. Was it too telling? Did it give people a glimpse into how things actually work in life? There's no good reason to cancel a show like that and I really doubt that it wasn't making enough money. Come on. This reminds me of the show Jericho. I absolutely loved that show and it definitely had subject matter that was pertinent to a post apocalyptic scenario, but why was it canceled after 2 seasons when everyone loved it? Hmmm... There's something more to the story, don't you think?

November 13, 2010 at 7:08 am | Report abuse |
  43. Leslie

This was my favorite show. I loved it. It was smart and cleverly written. I couldn't wait for the next episode. I do hope its picked up by someone else, I want to continue to see the beautifully written arc expand. As someone else has said perhaps USA or TNT. Just like Merlin which NBC showed for 1 season when it was picked up by another company viewing grew tremendously. Here's hoping!

November 13, 2010 at 7:07 am | Report abuse |
  44. Some guy

As a government employee that has traveled overseas for assignments, I can tell you this show probably came the closest to showing the public how intelligence and analysis is conducted in the real world. Slow paced? Ever hear the expression "Hurry up and wait"? That's how it works, folks. Mostly humdrum, punctuated by moments of sheer terror. The show captured that. Also captured rather well the way your government serves many masters, especially ones that don't want to be known or seen, but have plenty of resources to influence outcomes. Also captured well the black hole that one can easily get sucked into in one of these positions. Anyhow, kudos to the producers, writers, and actors. Maybe your series will inspire others to show a more real-world reflection of life in the Hotel California.

November 12, 2010 at 10:51 pm | Report abuse |
    • some girl

Ah, perhaps the writers were too close to some truth. The Truxston Spanglers of the world had to put an end to it.

November 13, 2010 at 7:43 pm | Report abuse |
  45. BunnyMan

I agree with everyone who liked the show. The premise was solid & the plot development was a little show, but I was hooked big time. What are thinking/ Intelectual types to watch with out this great show? No one asked me if I was watching.
    This show would have done better if it was on twice a week, or at least in a better time slot.

November 12, 2010 at 10:23 pm | Report abuse |
  46. mike

amc :lost

amc, "lost" this viewer on sunday night at 9 o'clock to pbs ,masterpiece theather "new sherlock holmes"..since "rubicom" 2nd season would be thrown under a bus ...! its" bloody_hell " to get usa programing to put intelligent catching shows on !!

November 12, 2010 at 9:52 pm | Report abuse |
  47. steveo

Very sad. We fell in love with the Leckie character in the Pacific (Dale) and because of that we watched Rubicon. It is (and was) and great thinking man's show. What a shame... We are a huge fan of AMC – this doesn't sit well with us. This really was a great show.

November 12, 2010 at 9:32 pm | Report abuse |
  48. Bobm*

What a shame! Seems like you have to have car crashes, etc to keep peoples attention . Really miss the show.

November 12, 2010 at 9:15 pm | Report abuse |
  49. Joe

Now there is hardly a reason to remember the chanel number for AMC. Rubicon is a story line that compels one to think and analize as a part of the story.

November 12, 2010 at 8:08 pm | Report abuse |
  50. Robert

another screwup by AMC..

i just removed the AMC channel from my UVERSE channel guide..

without RUBICON, there is nothing interesting on AMC..

November 12, 2010 at 7:20 pm | Report abuse |
  51. Thomas

Carol nailed it. I was really looking forward to the next season. Perhaps someone else will take a chance on an intelligent, well written show.

November 12, 2010 at 7:11 pm | Report abuse |
  52. Robin

I agree with everything posted here. This was an excellent show – well produced all around from the writing to the acting to the cinematography. I'm really disappointed that it has been cancelled.

November 12, 2010 at 7:05 pm | Report abuse |
  53. Susanne

Wow I'm bummed. I really liked the show. The writing was inteligent and each actor seemed to fit their character. I hate getting invovled in good shows and then they just get cancelled. I do hope it gets picked up by another cable network as there is certainly enough stuff going on in this world to keep storylines going.

November 12, 2010 at 6:37 pm | Report abuse |
  54. Brandon

I saw the pilot back in spring a few months before the show actually started and was immediately hooked. James Badge Dale is a very talented actor. He portrays his characters perfectly. I really liked his performances in Rubicon as well as the Pacific. I also liked Arliss Howard's character Kale Ingram I wanted to know more about his past, and now I won't get to. Yeah the pace was some what slow and you didn't uncover much each week, but prison break was the same way and look how big of a success that was. I also hope that another network picks this up because I think the biggest problem wasn't the show itself but the network it was on. This was the only show I ever watched on AMC and I don't know anyone else that watches that channel period.

November 12, 2010 at 6:31 pm | Report abuse |
  55. BN

I'm just sick about this. Sad that they cancel Rubicon, a truly intelligent and interesting series, yet invest in The Walking Dead – a total snoozefest – in its place.

November 12, 2010 at 3:40 pm | Report abuse |
    • Lowlightt

Um the Walking Dead is amazing, simply put one of the best shows on television, I can only hope that it keeps its pace with each episode. But with such good source material it wont be hard. The problem with Rubicon is simple, it didn't have enough exposure. The show needed more advertising on different channels that share its viewer base. Possibly USA or TNT as it would fit better on those channels (viewer base wise)

November 12, 2010 at 4:16 pm | Report abuse |
  56. HH

I loved this show. I can't believe how quickly they gave up on it. it was an intriguing and intelligent show that deserved more of a chance to develop an audience. I too hope some other network picks it up! I will miss it.

November 12, 2010 at 2:55 pm | Report abuse |
  57. Jon

I loved the show. One of my favorites. Very sorry about it's demise!!

November 12, 2010 at 2:33 pm | Report abuse |
  58. LK

Inaccuracy in reporting – AMC's previous original show "Remember WENN" was cancelled in the 90's. Don't know why no one remembers this show. It ran for several seasons and was great!

November 12, 2010 at 2:00 pm | Report abuse |
  59. JERRY

OW YEAH AND CAROL YOUR A BIGOT WHAT CAUSE PEOPLE DONT LIKE YOUR SHOW THERE DUMB HELL I LIKE SERENITY AND NOBODY WATCHED IT BUT THAT DONT MEAN THERE DUMB....LET ME TELL U SCIFI WATCHERS ARE PROLLY SMARTER THEN U ITS WHY WE WATCH IT SCIENCE!!!! I BET U ARE A MEMBER OF NPR LOL

November 12, 2010 at 1:55 pm | Report abuse |
    • Brett

Maybe enjoying Serenity doesn't mean someone is dumb, but when one eschews any semblance of punctuation, grammar, and proper spelling, it usually is a pretty good indicator. Also, you might want to pay attention in your world history and geography classes as well, that way an obvious reference like "Rubicon" does not sail completely over your head.

November 13, 2010 at 1:19 am | Report abuse |
  60. jerry

WALKING DEAD IS TOTALLY BETTER ANYWAY I LOVE THAT SHOW.....RUBICON THE NAME MADE ME THINK IT WAS A WESTERN SO WHEN I STARTED WATCHING IT I WAS LIKE WHAAAAT!!!! go ZOMBIES THAT SHOW LOOKS LIKE A MOVIE INSTEAD OF TV SERIES 2 OUT OF THREE AINT BAD AMC BREAKING BAD IS AWESOME !!!

November 12, 2010 at 1:51 pm | Report abuse |
  61. KimG

Really sad that Rubicon is canceled. "Walking Dead" is a "huge hit"? Really? Zombies? What I love about Rubicon is it keeps you thinking all week about what might happen in the next show. This is what was so exciting about it. It wasn't predictable!
    Loved TerryK's comment... Kale Ingram to Will Spangler: "Intelligence is a failure business. You win some, you lose a lot."

November 12, 2010 at 1:44 pm | Report abuse |
  62. Roma

Very sad to see Rubicon cancelled. It was definitely the most intelligent show in both network and cable television. AMC – reconsider.

November 12, 2010 at 1:24 pm | Report abuse |
    • donald

I am really bummed at the cancellation of the series. I could not wait to find out what happened next.....please reconsider...

November 12, 2010 at 2:25 pm | Report abuse |
  63. Carol

This was the best new show to come to television in years! I guess it was too intelligent for your "averaage" viewer. Huge loss for the rest of us.

November 12, 2010 at 1:02 pm | Report abuse |
  64. Be Quiet

Unfortunately, this show was doomed from the start. The premier was piggy backed on to "Breaking Bad" (TV's best show, in my opinion) and the audiences for each show just didn't sync up. It's important to have a strong lead in, but this was overkill. Nothing like having "RUBICON PREMIERE IN 19:43" with the time clicking away plastered across the screen right in the middle of a tense Breaking Bad scene. If anything, it made me want to watch Rubicon even less than I already did.

Speaking of Breaking Bad, I can't wait until July to find out if Jesse killed Gale.

November 12, 2010 at 12:59 pm | Report abuse |
  65. TerryK

Kale Ingram to Will Spangler: "Intelligence is a failure business. You win some, you lose a lot." Apparently he was talking about the executive bobbleheads over at AMC.

November 12, 2010 at 12:56 pm | Report abuse |
    • Daniel

Just heard the news. A bad deiscion to say the least. As far as T.V. goes this show was near the top.

February 13, 2012 at 6:42 am | Report abuse |
  66. Lou Bruno

sad news. No better quality show then this was. Maybe someone will pick it up. Let's hope so. The script was a perfect to the story line of digging deep to build knowledge. As a thought maybe a story line for season two may have been difficult to work out.

November 12, 2010 at 12:54 pm | Report abuse |
  67. Melissa

Rubicon is an excellent show – one of the best on TV! Can't believe it is being canceled. I really hope another network picks it up. It is disappointing that the viewers AMC is trying to attract are those who watch something like "The Walking Dead" and not an intelligent show like Rubicon.

November 12, 2010 at 12:38 pm | Report abuse |
  68. Six

I really enjoyed the first two episodes but missed #3 so I found it best to just record all the episodes and then watch them all at once. It didn't seem to move so slowly that way. I spent an entire Sunday afternoon watching them all. Great show and good writing. I too enjoyed the look into the world of data analysis and hate to see it go.

November 12, 2010 at 11:55 am | Report abuse |
  69. JLong

This show was outstanding. At the begining I had the same felling that nothing was happening but the pacing and character development was amazing. Then things started to happen and the show got even better. The story line that had the 2 team members help out in the interrogation was really riviting. The characters that worked there were so well drawn and so odd, that you could absolutely see them as the right people for their jobs. It seems like there are some great shows that just die out like Life and Rubicon.

November 12, 2010 at 11:55 am | Report abuse |
    • kdow

I agree. And UGH, this is a kick to my stomach to hear that it's been cancelled. I LOVED this show. It was so well acted and crafted. I truly looked forward to my Sunday nights watching Rubicon that abandoned my usual ABC shows without a second thought. I cannot believe the walking zombies got a second season and this did not. So disappointing.

November 14, 2010 at 11:55 am | Report abuse |
  70. JohnHenry

Rubicon cancelled? Are you kidding me!? This will reduce my interest in TV to... let's see... zero. Is there no place on the hundreds of cable channels for a well written dramatic series with interesting characters and an intelligent plot?

Wait, here's an idea! How about a zany sitcom, starring the current thirty-something hollywood hottie as "Mom", some dufus has-been as "Dad", a couple of adorable kids (must be smarter than Dad), an obnoxious brother-in-law, and two annoying parents?

November 12, 2010 at 11:48 am | Report abuse |
  71. Mimi

This was a terrific show. The idea of seeing inside the methods of data analysis, how threats are assessed and what sorts of people work in and around that kind of information that we know exists but don't understand was fascinating. The writers courageously tackled a story line where the very people who are in charge of terrorist threat assesment could have been the biggest threat of all was SO timely and gutsy. And maybe that is why it's off the air.
    I hope Showtime or HBO will grow a pair of testicles and pick up this show to continue it. And to Lolarities- if you didn't like espionage, then first, why watch the show and second, why bother to comment when it was pulled?

November 12, 2010 at 11:36 am | Report abuse |
    • klaich

I absolutely agree with you. Such an intelligent show–maybe that's why some did not "get it." In our fast-paced world patience and attention seem to have suffered, I fear. I am very disappointed that the show will not continue. Was really looking forward to the next season.

November 12, 2010 at 1:27 pm | Report abuse |
    • Angler

Absolutly loved it. Agree completely... most shows today don't require much thought... guess this series was just too much work for viewer.

April 22, 2011 at 7:29 pm | Report abuse |
  72. Rich Conti

Awesome series – intelligent and engaging. Thanks to AMC for taking the risk. Great acting and characters. Wish there was more, but they did bring it to something of a conclusion. Maybe a novel, web-series or graphic novel could tell more of the story.

November 12, 2010 at 11:36 am | Report abuse |
  73. methuselah

Sad News...excellent show!

November 12, 2010 at 11:33 am | Report abuse |
    • Rob

Great news! Horrible show!

November 12, 2010 at 12:56 pm | Report abuse |
    • mroberts58

I totally agree. I love this style of show, it drew me in from the start, a nice change from high octane action shows. I will be sad to see it end. Lowlightt was right, it did not get enough exposure.

November 12, 2010 at 6:17 pm | Report abuse |
    • Roxie

I just looked up the schedule to see when Rubicon would begin and noooo, it's been cancelled! I really don't like to be left hanging. Why did they kill David and who were they?? I wish the writers would at least give a synopsis of the ending. :-(

September 11, 2011 at 9:12 pm | Report abuse |
  74. lolarites

I tried to get into it and just couldn't. I admire Miranda Richardson, but that wasn't enough. Espionage bores me. You have to have character development, you have to care about the characters to keep people watching. Bring back Breaking Bad, that last cliff hanger was a doozy.

November 12, 2010 at 11:25 am | Report abuse |
    • DCJ001

Rubicon was the best TV series that I can remember. Without Rubicon, why should I even get cable TV?

November 12, 2010 at 4:38 pm | Report abuse |
    • FrankG

Great show! Don't need a fast pace to enjoy a show. Actually I find a slower pace to be part of a relaxing evening. In keeping with the show, maybe it was too factual. Big Brother is watching, manipulating, and profiting.

November 13, 2010 at 4:52 pm | Report abuse |
    • Wayne

Dang it! It appears that every show that takes a bit of imagination from the viewer gets the axe..if it's not a slash, blood and guts movie with naked women all over the palce it gets killed..this show has me hungryer with every episode. I got into it and looked forward to watching more and more..icutt saddens me to learn it has been cut it's at it peak of interest all the actors have built their charaters and BOOM they pull out the rug....its true it is a deeper show then the norm i pray some other channel picks it up....bugs me i put the time in to watch it to become disapointed.. I feel aboandoned by AMC Sorry for the bad feelings but they are honest!!

November 14, 2010 at 8:42 pm | Report abuse |
    • Glenn

This was one of the best shows I've cared to watch in a while. It was a great show. I guess reality T.V. is going to take over everything. Intelligent minds want Intelligent television.

January 2, 2011 at 7:41 am | Report abuse |
    • b.mclane

If "espionage" shows bore you why did you watch this?? Worst, why comment on a gendre you don't like? This show was for thinking people.

March 3, 2012 at 3:07 pm | Report abuse |