Wolf Blitzer a hit at the Soul Train Awards
November 11th, 2010

Wolf Blitzer a hit at the Soul Train Awards

He is now officially the coolest man on the planet.

CNN’s own Wolf Blitzer had the crowd on its feet Wednesday night in Atlanta at the Soul Train Awards where he was a presenter.

What was Blitzer doing at the Soul Train Awards you might ask? It turns out the erudite host of "The Situation Room" was a fan of the dance show back in the day, which he said was the destination for all things cool, from fashion to music, when he was growing up.

The audience couldn’t have been more welcoming to Blitzer, who brought the house down when he revealed that he wasn't there to talk politics or current events but rather for someone to teach him "how to Dougie.”

For those not in the know, the Dougie is a hip hop dance which is a favorite of club goers, athletes and celebrities alike. The audience roared their approval and gave Blitzer a standing O as he offered up some of his dance moves with an assist from a very special rapper (refer to the above photo). He also accepted an award for a rapper who couldn't attend.

Wow, who knew? You did CNN proud, Mr. Blitzer.

The show is scheduled to air on BET and Centric at 9 p.m. on November 28.

1. Anonymous

I can say that minkyu is so cool. Thanks for the helpful post.

March 18, 2012 at 7:29 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Sharon Smith

Dear Mr, Blizter, my brother who is and has been incarncerated for about 23 years. Stabbed three times, wheel chair confind and now having seizures. Was just recently in about the past 7 months was transfered two tiime. He was transfered after being beaten by a few guards. Which iwas captured on the camera. Im,ates from the prison of which he was transfered from sent me a leteer telling me which camera to have the lawyers look at. SSI look at the cmera and it shoed no assult on his behalf and were going to let him out and the guard who was involved in the beating who has entrance inhim said no I want him to stay in the hole. She then Jacked his points up.from 17 to 28 and gave him 15 days.. She jacked his points but gave him no shot. He had no shots since 1191 She said he had wine or was drinking wine, Everyone that has ever known my brother no he has never drank or drug. The guards then said I am going to send you back and let your homies take care of you. They then sent him to another prison which I won't name were his was stabbed after being ther for three days. After he healed a little they forced him to leave his cell, he kept saying no he don't won't to go out because he felt funny. The guard made him go out and he got stabbed again. The then shipped him to another prison were he said they sent him there to be killed. I spoke to my older brother about this matter who also has been in prison before and he said were he is, is were they send you to be knock off. Please help my brother.

Thanks Sharon Smith
    2023739329

March 1, 2011 at 5:04 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Viviane Merritt

Loved it !! Wolf stole the show. Wolf is toooo cool !!

December 5, 2010 at 11:53 pm | Report abuse |
  4. anthony

I always knew Wolfe had a little soul! I love to see us come together!

December 2, 2010 at 4:25 pm | Report abuse |
  5. alexiawonders

"The Wolf" was howlin hot last night!!!

November 29, 2010 at 9:00 pm | Report abuse |
  6. chell

great job mr. blitzer.. that was great i enjoyed it...

November 29, 2010 at 3:59 pm | Report abuse |
  7. V Saxena

This just made my day. Right on Wolf. I'm adding you as a Facebook friend, lol. Well actually I'll just like your fan page, lol.

November 12, 2010 at 6:13 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Oguy0v0

Well, this just goes to show why things are the way they are. Enough said, learn to love & respect. Stop playing Frued & leave good alone.

November 12, 2010 at 6:53 am | Report abuse |
  9. april

@ Denise, come on white people kill each other more than Black considering the fact that we are more white in this united states of america. white kid killing his or her own parents. white husband killing wife. white mother killing all her kids...etc we all have it in us: The evil genes

November 12, 2010 at 6:30 am | Report abuse |
  10. Texan

Good job Wolf. From now on I rpomise to watch all your shows. I love to see people united as one race. So when will the country music award do something cool like that?

November 12, 2010 at 6:24 am | Report abuse |
  11. cytstar

This goes to show we all can get along and besides white people buy and like rap music let`s not be ashamed together we stand divided we fall go wolf b go wolfb!

November 12, 2010 at 1:40 am | Report abuse |
  12. duke

Wolf gets more love than micheal steele and condi rice combined!

November 12, 2010 at 1:10 am | Report abuse |
  13. Avon Barksdale

Wolf Blitzer aka Wolf B was accepting an award for Eminem aka Slim Shady.

November 11, 2010 at 11:39 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Marco555

Awkward.

November 11, 2010 at 10:40 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Wolf Fan

Go Wolf – now lay that pipe down when you get home to the wifey!

November 11, 2010 at 10:25 pm | Report abuse |
  16. denise

they love you wolf, tell them to stop kiling eachother P L E A S E

November 11, 2010 at 10:19 pm | Report abuse |
    • ch

@ denise....really? What kind of negative insensitive statement about "them"!! Whose them? And have you not read or learned anything about stereotyping! geez! i guess some of "you" will never get it!!!!!

November 12, 2010 at 2:19 am | Report abuse |
  17. TLS3

Wolf is well rounded. Hats off to a news anchor who is truly in tune!!

November 11, 2010 at 9:46 pm | Report abuse |
  18. cole bold

this shows just how r&b hiphop and rap has changed the world any middle aged white political commentator who would even attend the soul train awards gets mad props

November 11, 2010 at 9:29 pm | Report abuse |
  19. MR. WHITE

We may be diffent colors but we are all the same race. Humans beings.

November 11, 2010 at 9:23 pm | Report abuse |
  20. Rose

Go wolf i am a big of ur show

November 11, 2010 at 7:35 pm | Report abuse |
  21. amanda

Wolf Blitzer, a presenter at the Soul Train Awards and wanting to know how to do "The Dougie"? Lord, I feel like I'm in the Twilght Zone just reading this! lmao Anyway, I'm glad the show is back. It's one of the best music award shows there is.

November 11, 2010 at 7:16 pm | Report abuse |
  22. MARKPAIN

People really do that dance in the clubs? I`m forty-two someone help me please

November 11, 2010 at 6:51 pm | Report abuse |
  23. mel

Everybody got a little soul in them! Cant hep it! Words of jb.

November 11, 2010 at 6:40 pm | Report abuse |
  24. JK

No one beats the Blitz.
    Surprised he did not get up and bust a rap:
    Two turntables and a microphone, U got a wolf when I get u home!

Go Wolf! Go Soul Train!

November 11, 2010 at 5:49 pm | Report abuse |
  25. KentAZ

"All my Blitzers love me..."

November 11, 2010 at 5:21 pm | Report abuse |
    • S.cain

Good one! Lol! Also, I'm surprised at all of the 20 something year olds that don't know the dougie is taken from rap legend Dougie Fresh. I assumed we were all old enough to recognize most of the originators,especially since the age gap is really not that substantial.

November 11, 2010 at 10:39 pm | Report abuse |
  26. SKY

FACT: HOW GOOD IT IS WHEN WE COME TOGETHER!
    THIS IS WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT......MORE OF THIS
    BEING INCLUDED AND LEAVING NOONE OUT....

November 11, 2010 at 5:03 pm | Report abuse |
  27. alberto

he's a sucka mc trying to prove a point, when all he wanna do is smoke a joint
    he don't need that wrap you silly sap, just give him some money sonny.

now how much rap does he advocate for the young school kids? then again, katy perry's no angel either lol.

November 11, 2010 at 4:47 pm | Report abuse |
    • margeaux

There is a difference between rap and.hip hop. Doug E. Fresh, k-os, kid couti, b.o.b. k'naan and brother Ali are carrying the true spirit of hip-hop to which educated encourages and uplifts the disenfranchised, the way things are going all of America should listen up and learn how to thrive in a changing world. Listen to the content. Stay away from all POP music "rap" included.

November 11, 2010 at 7:23 pm | Report abuse |
  28. Chuck

I'm pretty sure most black people would agree that Wolf Blitzer is one of the coolest white guys on T.V.

November 11, 2010 at 4:28 pm | Report abuse |
  29. Yvonne

That looks like Biz Markie, U GO WOLFIE!

November 11, 2010 at 4:17 pm | Report abuse |
  30. parker2mc

Too cool Wolf. Or shall I say the Ice Ice Wolf

November 11, 2010 at 4:13 pm | Report abuse |
  31. Lisa Respers France, CNN.com writer

DIng, ding, ding! Ls is the winner!

November 11, 2010 at 2:44 pm | Report abuse |
  32. Ls

Dougie Fresh

November 11, 2010 at 2:41 pm | Report abuse |
  33. TJ

This is nice and I can't wait to see it. But I'm a little square so who was the rapper??

November 11, 2010 at 12:53 pm | Report abuse |
  34. kiki

I always knew Wolf had a little soul to him. Can't wait to see this.

November 11, 2010 at 11:46 am | Report abuse |