How did Gwyneth Paltrow do at the CMAs?
November 11th, 2010

How did Gwyneth Paltrow do at the CMAs?

Judging by audience reaction last night, there was nothing weak about Gwyneth Paltrow's "Country Strong" performance at the CMA Awards.

In one of the evening's most anticipated moments, the Oscar-winning actress made her live singing debut, belting out the theme song to her upcoming film of the same name on the Nashville stage.

By the end, the Hollywood star had everyone from Reba McEntire to Nicole Kidman rising to their feet to give her a standing ovation.

But celebrities weren't the only ones impressed by Paltrow's performance. "Strumming an acoustic guitar, looking a little nervous but singing the movie’s title song in an expressive, surging tone, she didn’t really need the assistance of the wonderful Vince Gill, there to give a polite, country-industry imprimatur to Paltrow’s efforts," writes Entertainment Weekly's Ken Tucker.

Despite her success, not everyone was happy about the star's big night. The Hollywood Reporter noted earlier that day that many Nashville insiders rolled their eyes at the news of her CMAs appearance.

“The feeling is that she’s taking a slot that would otherwise go to one of our acts - be it a new artist or someone who’s actually nominated - just so ABC can garner some ratings,” sniffed a record label executive.

But clearly, Paltrow means business. The soundtrack for "Country Strong" – released October 26 - was executive produced by Tim McGraw and features contributions from some of Nashville's most acclaimed songwriters and session players. Paltrow's husband, Coldplay singer Chris Martin, was also reportedly involved, claims the Hollywood Reporter.

"Country Strong," in which 38-year-old Paltrow plays a recently rehabbed country singer attempting to make a comeback, arrives in theaters nationwide January 7.

Post by:
Filed under: Celebrities • Music

1. sunless

share better that http://www.SUPERSONIC.US.COM !!!!

November 13, 2010 at 8:09 pm | Report abuse |
  2. G Rob

The duet Sugarland are seriously deluded if they believe they are making Country Music. I cannot stand it. Country died with Waylon and Johnny. That lead singer for Sugarland is just plain strange. And what is with her mini-guitar playing cronie? Just very strange.

November 12, 2010 at 1:11 pm | Report abuse |
  3. kathryne lee

Gwyn was awful and I agree. She needs to go back to England. She is so full of herself but will do anything to promote a movie. I don't see movies of people who hate this country and she is one of them. Plus anyone who isn't as skinny as she is. I thought she totally embarrassed herself and next to the country stars that were there and performed, she was pathetic.

November 12, 2010 at 7:42 am | Report abuse |
  4. Jerri

She was horrible

November 12, 2010 at 6:31 am | Report abuse |
  5. heather

this was originally sung by carrie hassler and hard rain (a killer bluegrass band!) its a great song. I wish carrie has been mentioned in the article... cuz bluegrass music needs recognition!!!

November 12, 2010 at 4:52 am | Report abuse |
  6. bumble

She did not do terrible, but I could hear the butterflies in her voice. They put her with Vince Gill who is one of the best and strongest country singers they could have paired her with. Not bad IMO. I know I can't belt it out like that.

November 12, 2010 at 2:32 am | Report abuse |
  7. emtgirl

I thought she did great, she is trying something new so what, you all have to bash and hate on her becaus eyou have nothing better to do which is sad and pathetic, get a life!!!! go gwyenth

November 12, 2010 at 1:37 am | Report abuse |
  8. jj

let's face it...she really wasn't too good. in fact. kinda bad. and was she really playing that huge 5k dollar gibson? because it really didn't look like it. please stick to acting gwen.

November 12, 2010 at 12:05 am | Report abuse |
    • watson

yes, she was. i watched the chords. she played the correctly, and changed at the right times. i even rewound to check. were we hearing it? that's another question altogether. but she was not faking her playing.

November 12, 2010 at 1:54 am | Report abuse |
  9. Abe Langer

I was very impressed by Gweneth's voice. She is some broad.

November 11, 2010 at 10:43 pm | Report abuse |
  10. D W McCoy

Until you people can do better, maybe you should just shut up or change the channel. Lets see, She's making millions making a movie about Country Music, and you're so much better. Taylor Swift is writing her own material, singing it, and touching millions of people's lives for the her honesty of her lyrics; and also making millions at it. I don't see you on tv, just ranting on an anonymous blog. Give me a break...

November 11, 2010 at 10:34 pm | Report abuse |
  11. tracy racy

I thought it was a hoax

November 11, 2010 at 10:33 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Mac Carter

Would have been nice to see her holding a Martin ...

November 11, 2010 at 10:16 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Jewels

I thought she was horrible! She's washed up and is starving for attention. Keep to the stage (which isn't even impressiive either) and leave your fake guitar playing self out of the country world!!!

November 11, 2010 at 10:01 pm | Report abuse |
    • watson

she was actually playing the guitar. i watched very closely. we may not have been hearing her. but she definitely was playing the chords in a G C D chord progression (and correctly) and she was strumming in rhythm. that was not fake.

November 12, 2010 at 1:52 am | Report abuse |
  14. jimmie

Gwyneth did a great job! She can sing better than some big name country music females! She is just a very talented beautiful person.

November 11, 2010 at 9:55 pm | Report abuse |
  15. espanto

Gwyneth is great at everything in my book! She even speaks Spanish fluently. Very gutsy of her to come out and sing amongst some great country artists but on the other hand, Carrie Underwood is a very mediocre screechy singer at best and she still garners a ton of bogus awards! Awards should go to the PR firms behind the scenes that get paid to make some of these celebrities bigger in the marketplace including magazine covers .... YUK! Enough already!

November 11, 2010 at 9:48 pm | Report abuse |
    • Kriss77

I think maybe you should go to an audiologist... Maybe your hearing has been affected by some blunt force trauma to your melon. Seriously? You think Carrie Underwood can't sing? Yup, you're definately tone deaf! Look up audiology clinics in your area, you would probably benifit from a visit.

November 12, 2010 at 4:13 am | Report abuse |
  16. Guest

I thought she was pretty bad, the song was awful and her delivery was mediocre. Its like she was standing up there pleading for everyone to believe she's country. She's a great actress and should stick with that. Also I'm not sure why she's into country now? Probably because no talent pop country people like taylor swift make it look easy to make millions off of nothing.

November 11, 2010 at 9:47 pm | Report abuse |
    • Kriss77

Just as an FYI, she's always had a musical background. It's not like she woke up and decided 'hey I'm gonna sing now'. She's had it in her for ever and she's already sung duets with others. I love how people critisize others they know nothing about. This is her first "concert" so to speak & I'm sure she was nervous. Besides, I don't see you accompishing the things she has accomplished. She's a great actress & she's got a great voice too. If you've got it flaunt it!!

November 12, 2010 at 4:00 am | Report abuse |
  17. amanda

Tired of hearing about true country. true country songs come from the heart, about life, love etc. country music is that, a type of music. gwyneth is no different from any other country singer getting the break of performing in front of millions . reba got a break, faith got a break. hell even miss patsy and loretta got their breaks. some may be better than others but hey there is always someone better in our opinions. leave gwyneth to her moment wether it is just to poromote a movie or if it is to dive into a new career. if she does record an album and you dont like it well, dont buy it, okay, thats your american right. but stop hateing and bashing her for trying something new. what if she were your daughter, wife or sister, you would want people to give her a chance to prove herself, right. who knows getting past the nervousness, she may even really show us something in the future. yes this is coming from a girl born in tennessee and raised "Country" i commend her. you go girl !

November 11, 2010 at 9:22 pm | Report abuse |
  18. the_dude

This horrible actress goes on and on about how stupid Americans are. I bet she planned this as a bet just to show how dumb and stupid people in the "fly over" states are. Give it a alittle twang and the inbred rednecks will love you for it. All her intelectual friends are laughing at how dumb and gullible these rednecks are. She just pulled the ultimate insult and there are some stupid people who lover her for it.

November 11, 2010 at 9:21 pm | Report abuse |
  19. dog

My dog can sing country music. So this is NOT impressive at all.

November 11, 2010 at 9:17 pm | Report abuse |
  20. 4536345665

Anyone can sing the garbage called country. Old time rock n roll ripoffs and super cheesy ballads. Studies have proven time and time again, country music is horrible music enjoyed by rabidly breeding simpletons. Idiocracy.

November 11, 2010 at 8:39 pm | Report abuse |
  21. mherring

No, I did not like it. She sang in the most common key, it was a simple song and I don't know why she did it.

November 11, 2010 at 8:36 pm | Report abuse |
  22. hipponitus

@Lex so when Kid Rock did Devil Without a Cause album that was southern rock to me that was Rap Rock acutally thats what it was Rap Rock and he should have never went to country either he is horid at it

November 11, 2010 at 8:35 pm | Report abuse |
    • 4536345665

kid rok is LOSER who SUCKED before he went gay with country. now he supersucks

November 11, 2010 at 8:41 pm | Report abuse |
  23. L

I gave her an "E" for effort, and while she does bring a little more to the table than Taylor Swift who became an overnight sensation for what was it?, I don't think she should quit her day job just yet.

November 11, 2010 at 8:07 pm | Report abuse |
  24. Katie

I definitely wouldn't say that was the most anticipated act of the night. I find it annoying that Hollywood is infiltrating country. At least Brad Paisley won – a true country artist.

November 11, 2010 at 7:43 pm | Report abuse |
  25. doof 99

Gweneth did fine. Its Taylor Swift I don't get.

November 11, 2010 at 7:34 pm | Report abuse |
  26. dashizz

She did great. Go Gwynneth!

November 11, 2010 at 7:18 pm | Report abuse |
  27. jen

Come on ppl...her moms a singer...so what if shes a ny princess...she got up and did something most of you couldnt or wouldnt...and country music is better now than ever before...get a clue ppl..you all need to just stop hating and reconize it takes guts to do what she did!!!!!

November 11, 2010 at 7:02 pm | Report abuse |
  28. parkcitybrian

she was awfullll. a no-talent hack whose acting career is in the crapper, tambien.

November 11, 2010 at 6:59 pm | Report abuse |
  29. TerriB

Whats next, Shallow Hal 2? She is a joke.

November 11, 2010 at 6:54 pm | Report abuse |
  30. my opinion

I think she did fine not unique she doesn't stand out from all the other singers but she did better than I thought she would! I do agree that we need to get back to what country used to be! I hate that it is just about the glitz and glam not the music...

November 11, 2010 at 6:49 pm | Report abuse |
  31. DonE

Wasn't the worst I've heard, but it wasn't the best either. She's a gazillionare, so I guess she's bored and trying something new? She is definitely a better singer than Taylor Swift, IMO.

November 11, 2010 at 6:37 pm | Report abuse |
  32. Robert Warner

Tigger1215 notes: "What wonders me is first Kid Rock went country, then Darius Rucker & now Gwyneth – there’s a trend here I’m just not sure why". It's because mainstream country is easy to make money at. It's comprised of amateur lyrics over generic melodies performed by mediocre musicians and sold to listeners with all of the musical sophistication of a monkey diddling a football.

November 11, 2010 at 6:24 pm | Report abuse |
  33. annie

ANYTHING is better than taylor swift and sugarland. I think she did just fine and btw there are still a few country acts that are true COUNTRY and not just show!

November 11, 2010 at 6:21 pm | Report abuse |
    • paulo

More or less agree...but there are no real country acts anymore ...just a bunch of a** kissing pop wannabees ...

November 11, 2010 at 6:31 pm | Report abuse |
  34. p george

She's recorded before. This is not her first spin around the block. She did a super rendition of Smokey's Cruisin' Together. Just beautiful! Kudos to Gweneth!

November 11, 2010 at 6:17 pm | Report abuse |
  35. gail

Which country? She made it very clear a few years back that the people of England were superior to us yanks. I guess she realized how quickly we replaced her on People Magazine. I thought the song was lame and her singing was very average. She looked great though. Why didn't Faith Hill get the part? Gwyneth is a NY princess with no soul. The part should have gone to a real country girl.

November 11, 2010 at 6:17 pm | Report abuse |
    • paulo

Faith hill is about as country as ed Koch ...you obviously don't know real country music ....tool..

November 11, 2010 at 6:40 pm | Report abuse |
  36. 74Jer

I've had a crush on Gwyneth since I first saw her in "Seven" back in 1995. I can't say last night's performance did anything to diminish my crush...

November 11, 2010 at 5:58 pm | Report abuse |
  37. Greg

For all you who said she was not good thats your opinion. But your idiots. she was actaully really good. Nothing that would ever deserve a award or anything. But she definatly sounded better than alot of other country singers that have been around. She has a good voice but you could also tell she was nervous. But you haters dont have to worry. Its not liek she is gonna run out and record an album and go on tour. This was mostly a one shot thing and the only reason she was up there was to plug the movie. Which was a great idea by the CMA. Gwyneth loves to sing has no intention to become a proffesional singer.She took the part in the movie and told them I can sing this part which makes the experience all that much more real. She is good a little rough around the edges but pulled it off very well.
    I applaud her though. I thought she did a great job and sounded lovely.

November 11, 2010 at 5:43 pm | Report abuse |
    • paulo

You are a tool...you probably have a CD in your car of a typical Nashville act like sugarland or Taylor swift...pull your head out and listen to old country...music with substance ....

November 11, 2010 at 5:47 pm | Report abuse |
  38. BOT

Her singing was just fine, but the song was a dud.

November 11, 2010 at 5:39 pm | Report abuse |
  39. Rachell

I enjoyed her performance, at least you could understand what she was singing about, most of them
    I couldn't understand a work. Vince was a Big Assest!

November 11, 2010 at 5:26 pm | Report abuse |
  40. Libbie

She was horrible!!!!! Gosh I just hope she stops and doesn't degrade my thought of Country Music. She needs leave the singing to "Real" country female singers.

November 11, 2010 at 5:23 pm | Report abuse |
  41. Scottsdale Sally

I thought Miss Paltrow did very well given this her debut at CMA.

Yes, she was a bit nervous but doesn't that go with the territory?

She also look magnificant.

Go Gwyneth!

November 11, 2010 at 5:18 pm | Report abuse |
  42. SKY

FACT: SHE DID IT!
    GOOD JOB!

November 11, 2010 at 5:10 pm | Report abuse |
  43. Truth

I thought she was horrible! You think Taylor sang off key and off pitch? I caught that more from Gwyneth's singing than Taylor Swift.
    I hope Gwyneth sticks to acting – her singing career won't be taking off!

November 11, 2010 at 5:08 pm | Report abuse |
  44. GeoB

I WAS IMPRESSED!!!

November 11, 2010 at 5:00 pm | Report abuse |
  45. Rupert

Shooter Jennings had it right when he said he was "putting the 'o' back in country". His father had it right when he asked "Are you sure Hank done it this way?". Country music has become some sort of adult top 40 wasteland, a sick lovechild of soft rock/pop and manufactured twang. Had never seen sugarland or zac brown band in person before, after doing so, are you kidding me? They look like indie groups, and the "twang" that girl sings with is as contrived as it gets. What part of that stuck on you song sounds like country? Sounds like Hanson, but perhaps they were country too. A top country singer (Keith Urban) is from AUSTRALIA. Does that make ANY sense? No, he's a adult contemporary singer who has latched on to "country" as a way to sell albums. What about him is country? He has a guitar? How is it different than John Mayer, Jason Mraz, or any other 5 piece standard group? Are they all country too? Real country does not come out of nashville. The junk that comes from there is no better than the disney/boy band factories and autotuned rap beat studios that have plagued the radio for the last 20 years. A sad commentary of the genre, it's really very good if you know where to look. I know one thing, it's not in the tripe on the store shelf.

November 11, 2010 at 4:58 pm | Report abuse |
    • paulo

New country blows...Johnny cash checked out just in time to miss this sh** they call country music...

November 11, 2010 at 5:05 pm | Report abuse |
  46. LOL HORRIBLE

"Judging by audience reaction last night, there was nothing weak about Gwyneth Paltrow's "Country Strong" performance at the CMA Awards"

Yeah the CMA audience really has high standards..... they went crazy for Taylor Swift who was off key and off pitch again. I could have walked on stage, taken a dump, and I would have gotten cheers.

November 11, 2010 at 4:57 pm | Report abuse |
  47. CKO

I would listen to her for hours before I would listen to one more the boy did me wrong so I am going to write about it song from Taylor Swift. She is going to have to remain single so she can keep recording albums.

November 11, 2010 at 4:56 pm | Report abuse |
  48. Terri

She should stick to acting. I thought it was terrible.

November 11, 2010 at 4:47 pm | Report abuse |
  49. paulo

Jesus...just another carpetbagger with a flagging career coming to Nashville to warble pop music passed off as 'country' music...sickening garbage...traditional country music dead thanks to moronic Nashville music industry heads supporting this sh**!!!!

November 11, 2010 at 4:44 pm | Report abuse |
  50. nicole

I loved her! She was amazing! Taylor Swift was good too! It takes alot of courage to get up there in front of all those amazing Country stars!

November 11, 2010 at 4:36 pm | Report abuse |
  51. Beth

I thought Gwyneth did a really good job! I like to listen to Reba sing...just can stand to watch her because she moves her mouth so.......wierd! Kid Rock is obnoxious and shouldn't be on the CMA award show...perhaps some rocker show for long haired guys that can't carry a tune would work for him!

November 11, 2010 at 4:34 pm | Report abuse |
  52. len

Paltrow is to country what so many starlets who record their obligatory dance albums are to rock. A pretty and competent show. That's fine. That's what entertainment is about. She can sing. So can a lot of other people without the machine and the bank account that puts them on the CMA. That doesn't make it less entertaining or more legitimate. Country music doesn't mean anything these days. It's a trained voice emulating an accent the same class of people were ashamed to have in the same room with them fifty years ago. When John Denver and Olivia Newton-John won CMAs forty years ago, it was over as a genuine American art form. A few months ago, there were articles promoting Robert Plant as "Americana". How's that figured?

You want it real? Get T-Bone Burnett to produce it and Alison Krauss to sing it. Leave the star buses parked out on I-65.. Nashville country is 70s pop, pure and simple. America needs a new folk sound from real folk. It won't find it there on New York or Hollywood.

That's Ok. See the movie anyway. She's a good actress.

November 11, 2010 at 4:24 pm | Report abuse |
  53. LA Lady

It's great she's doing a movie that will widen the audience for country music. The performance was just fine and not overwrought (think Taylor Swift coming down from the ceiling). I enjoyed it and wish her the best in continuing in this vein.

November 11, 2010 at 4:20 pm | Report abuse |
    • len

Widen the audience for country music? You really are from LA if you believe that.

November 11, 2010 at 4:25 pm | Report abuse |
  54. Girl

It's called acting people!

November 11, 2010 at 4:18 pm | Report abuse |
  55. Ally

Go Gwyn! So proud of you :)

November 11, 2010 at 3:39 pm | Report abuse |
  56. SAM

she sounds 1 trillion times better than taylor swift

November 11, 2010 at 3:28 pm | Report abuse |
  57. Fortune Cookie

I remembered her in the movie "Duets"....even though it was a Karaoke type role, I wasn't surprised that she actually held a tune.

November 11, 2010 at 3:20 pm | Report abuse |
    • Coleen

She was excellent in Duets, and better than the orginal recording artist for that song.

November 11, 2010 at 3:43 pm | Report abuse |
  58. RobA

She was awesome! You go Gwyneth! I'm so happy for you!

November 11, 2010 at 3:14 pm | Report abuse |
  59. gina evans

I watched the CMA,s last night and she surprised me,I think she did an excellant performance and she should be proud.

November 11, 2010 at 2:37 pm | Report abuse |
  60. LBW

I think that she carries a tune better than Taylor Swift.

November 11, 2010 at 2:00 pm | Report abuse |
    • tim

That is setting the bar mighty low...

November 11, 2010 at 2:42 pm | Report abuse |
    • Coleen

I agree!

November 11, 2010 at 3:40 pm | Report abuse |
    • Skeeter Barnes

Taylor Swift Stinks! ! ! I thought for a starter songstress Gwyneth did ok.

November 11, 2010 at 8:15 pm | Report abuse |
    • terri

To LBW: you are so right. Taylor Swift sings off-key quite often.
      Can't believe she is so popular. (guess it's all the teeny-boppers who buy her records)

November 11, 2010 at 8:30 pm | Report abuse |
    • GuestColin

Even though that's not saying much, you're spot on. I thought Paltrow did rather well. Taylor Swift on the other hand just needs to go away.

November 11, 2010 at 9:29 pm | Report abuse |
  61. Sandy

I give her credit for her efforts - and bravery. Not being a singer, she learned to sing with a country accent and play guitar. It's hard to get up in front of an audience of country superstars and do that as a novice, so I do give her credit. But truthfully, she was nothing special. Not bad, but nothing special.

November 11, 2010 at 1:49 pm | Report abuse |
  62. El Jefe

Haven't you heard? She's a coal miner's daughter AND all her exes live in Texas.

Can't git more tobacco chewin' country than that...

November 11, 2010 at 1:19 pm | Report abuse |
  63. Trish

I guess it should come as no suprise that her husband tried to strangle her in the bathroom with a pair of his dirty underwear last night. IT WAS REALLY SCARY!

November 11, 2010 at 1:18 pm | Report abuse |
    • LSmith

Does anyone know if the awards show will be shown again? I missed it! Thanks!!

November 11, 2010 at 3:35 pm | Report abuse |
  64. Tigger1215

I would have to say that Gwyneth exceeded my expectations, it was mediocre. The bigger question is since she moved to England she has commented that she enjoys speaking with people from Great Britain because you can have intelligent converstions. (I'm paraphrasing – can't remember the exact words) I guess the US is good enough now. What wonders me is first Kid Rock went country, then Darius Rucker & now Gwyneth – there's a trend here I'm just not sure why, but Kid Rock & country – OMG – Send him back from whence he came!!

November 11, 2010 at 1:06 pm | Report abuse |
    • kiki

I thought she a great job.....she's no Reba Mcentire!

November 11, 2010 at 1:20 pm | Report abuse |
    • K

She was terrific. As a country music fan, I loved the fact that she committed so much to the music. It may not have been her background, but she was honoring it. And, that deserves tremendous kudos. Not to mention she sang in front of millions - debuting - That take HUGE courage. And, she's obviously a very gifted singer. If she can do that under that kind of pressure, I think we should expect amazing things from her in the future music wise.

November 11, 2010 at 1:45 pm | Report abuse |
    • Michael

Everyone is turning country because there are such low standards in Country music. Just whine about your wife leaving you and then wave an American flag and hillbillies will love you for life.

November 11, 2010 at 5:44 pm | Report abuse |
    • Billy Joe Bob Walton

I@Michael– The Zack Brown Band is a good example of a high standard of musicianship. As for Gwyneth - she's as sweet as a ripe Georgia Peach, a ray of pure Alabama sunshine. If she was a wild berry cream pie, which she most certainly is, I wouldn't bother with no fork and knife - never did have any dang good use for them anyhow!

November 11, 2010 at 6:44 pm | Report abuse |
    • Lex

Sorry to burst your bubble, but Kid Rock's always been more Southern Rock than Rock.....one foot in Rock, the other foot in Country....and he's an amazing singer/songwriter. The lines are getting blended more and more....easy listening and pop stations started it when playing Faith Hill on their stations and then it exploded. Rascal Flatts couldn't make it as the next Backstreet Boys so they went country – I'd whine more about them being posers than Kid Rock, who definitely has ties to Southern Rock and real Country artists. As for Paltrow, I doubt we'll hear more than a single album from her, and that's even if we get a full album.

November 11, 2010 at 8:14 pm | Report abuse |
    • joni

Oh I agree............... KID ROCK??? He's awful. Why did he have to be on that show last night? He's not a good singer at all. Gwenyth was "so-so", she seemed nervous, I was impressed with her guitar playing.
      it was a good show, but why the heck did Carrie Underwood have to change clothes so often? In these hard times, when people are out of work, is she flaunting the fact that she's a multi-millionaire and rubbing in our faces?
      What was that ugly yellow mu-mu thing she wore? who was the designer? That was horrible. And that last dress........ like a ballerina dress............. YUCKO.

November 11, 2010 at 8:25 pm | Report abuse |
    • terri

YES... Zac Brown band is awesome, we love their songs. They are so good.
      Gwenyth was "pretty good".
      Kid Rock was awful.
      Why do all of Taylor Swift's songs sound exactly alike?
      Loved seeing Loretta Lynn and girls sing together.
      Lady Antebellum songs are so good, they sound wonderful.
      Those were some pretty weird dressed that Carrie Underwood wore !!!

November 11, 2010 at 8:28 pm | Report abuse |
    • charles

We hear alot the "you can have intelligent conversation in the UK". If you don't know what that means, you're the reason for the comment. It's not your fault necessarily, it's your parents fault. So relax, figure out the reason for that saying, and just be kind to everyone. Kindness trumps intelligent conversation everyday. I like Gwyneth, and everyone else.

November 11, 2010 at 9:28 pm | Report abuse |
    • woodrow

it was a pale and shaky attempt at country music. she's a competent actress, but her heart didn't seem to be in it, and in the long run,I don't really think she has the chops to pull it off. It's a little sad to see loretta lynn and miranda lambert in the same session as gwynny. I want my greens with a little fatback in them.

November 11, 2010 at 10:01 pm | Report abuse |
    • Country Fan

How quickly folks forget..this is the same woman that said she is living and raising her children in England because she didn't feel Americans were sophisticated or intelligent ..... thought country music fans were die hard America Fans too – show a little leg and flat chest and there ya go.....can't stand her....and slam me all you want....I'm going to work now in America..go home GP.....to London....not TN

November 12, 2010 at 6:36 am | Report abuse |
    • MM

She was terrible. go back to H'wood, or england, where ever she lives.

November 12, 2010 at 11:54 am | Report abuse |