'Veronica Mars' movie: Closer to reality?
November 10th, 2010

'Veronica Mars' movie: Closer to reality?

Not long after teen mystery series "Veronica Mars" was canceled by the CW back in 2007, the talk of a possible movie version began (especially since the last episode didn't resolve much of anything).

The show's star, Kristen Bell, has kept busy on the big and small screen, but she (and creator Rob Thomas) has made no secret of the fact that she would love to do a movie, tweeting her followers to bombard Warner Bros. Pictures with messages to give it the green light.

This has not gone unnoticed by the studio (which is owned by Time Warner, the owner of CNN), and last Friday they tweeted their followers to "send your film requests and petitions to VeronicaMarsMovie@warnerbros.com."

Well, an official e-mail address is certainly a start, but the track record of success for low-rated TV series-turned-movies is spotty at best ("Serenity," despite great reviews, was no "Star Trek" at the box office - and despite its '90s popularity, the latest "X-Files" film was a flop).

So, whether this officially-endorsed e-mail campaign will be a success remains to be seen. At this point, it's all up to the fans.

Would you see a "Veronica Mars" movie? Do you plan to send an e-mail petition? Let us know in the comments!

1. Megan

I emailed them already, but I got an email back saying their is too many emails to read!
    I would LOVE to see a Veronica Mars movie and I know MANY people who would see it too. I would probably watch it more than once if it was as good as the TV show! They should probably do the movie now though, while Kristen Bell is at the peak of her career... :)

July 24, 2011 at 2:55 pm | Report abuse |
  2. adrian benson

Rob Thomas has developed a great and worth series for all the tv viewers. Veronica Mars is such an awesome and nice show.

May 20, 2011 at 10:36 am | Report abuse |
  3. Tracy

I just finished watching the series, and I loved it but it just ends abruptly since it got cancelled. I think there needs to be a move to resolve things that were left in the air.

May 17, 2011 at 2:17 am | Report abuse |
  4. bug

I would call in sick just so I can see the premier of this movie. I love VM! pls. pls make a movie!!!!!!!!!!

April 14, 2011 at 3:55 am | Report abuse |
  5. Mrs X

Please! My friend wants this moviel!!!

March 31, 2011 at 1:40 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Katya

RUSSIA LOVES VERONICA MARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    and me too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I want to watch the movie about her story! Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

March 31, 2011 at 1:04 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Alice

I'm from Ukraine!
    This is my favorite episode!
    And I really want to see a sequel, please!
    And I know 300 people who want this, too!

March 31, 2011 at 1:03 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Asya

I`m from Russia.WE LOVE VERONICA MARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I would see the movie!!!!!!
    pleeeeaaaase!!!!
    I I will go to the cinema and I will take with myself all friends.
    We will look this masterpiece of 15 times

March 31, 2011 at 8:19 am | Report abuse |
  9. Amie

While I would absolutely stand in line to see this movie simply because I adore the show, I was happy with how the show ended. It came full circle with Veronica being an outsider and Keith's professional life in peril. LoVe... I could take it or leave it. Depending on the episode, I either love them or hate them together.

Bottom line, I'd love to see a movie.

March 28, 2011 at 6:39 pm | Report abuse |
  10. jasmine

It's never to late I just sent an email from both accounts I have I absolutely loved this show and def need something to end it right for me!!!!!!!

March 6, 2011 at 12:39 am | Report abuse |
  11. Heather

Hell yes I would see the movie that show was amazing!!!!!!!!

March 2, 2011 at 8:37 pm | Report abuse |
  12. In love

I love this serial!!!VERONICA MARS MY FAVORITE SERIAL!Continued need!!To Logan and Veronica were in love???What happened to Duncan and Meg's daughter Lily??!!UUUhhh...make a Continued!! Veronica Mars :"True love stories never have endings":(

February 27, 2011 at 3:13 pm | Report abuse |
  13. cassie

Absolutely. They shld def make a movie!

February 23, 2011 at 10:17 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Karina

Hello, Russia, Ukraine ... this series has become a cult, his many love! Very interesting plot, good actors. Veronica Mars episode I linked with memories of school as it looked in the school years ... I would very much like to continue "or the fourth season, or a full-length film.No continued to be a must! Veronica to be with Logan !!!)) )

February 22, 2011 at 4:01 pm | Report abuse |
  15. aylaeh

To those who say that a 3 year gap between the tv show and the movie... Ever heard of star trek? The gap between that tv show and movie was SO much longer than just 3 years and that franchise is still going on.

February 11, 2011 at 12:19 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Niki

OMG! Veronica Mars is my favourite serial 4ever!_)
    I want movie so much!!!

February 10, 2011 at 3:16 pm | Report abuse |
  17. leslie

LOVE LOVE LOVE the series!!!! Lets go Warner Bros MAKE THE MOVIE!!!!!!!! VERONICA and Logan still have a story!!!! Get going Make it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

February 7, 2011 at 5:15 pm | Report abuse |
  18. MishkaG

Netflix reccommended the VM and I watched the first season in 3 days... the writing is witty and wonderful. I'm now trying to slowly watching Season 2 becuase it is a rare treat to find a show that really grabs me. I've told my duaghter and mom they would love it too. I am sad to think I didn't support the show when it was on the air. I do hope that WB will make a movie with Kristin Bell and the others. I've watched her in other things and liked her but I can now see why people rave about her - she's lovely. I'm not sure about the "Epic" part of the Veronica and Logan relationship (as I've read above) yet but I think I'm headed in that direction and am sure to want more when I finish Season 3.

January 17, 2011 at 10:51 am | Report abuse |
  19. beatrice

I know that my comment comes a little late, but I would love to see a Veronica Mars movie. Season 3 left too many loose ends that need to be tied up. I need closure. Please Warner Bros. keep the original actors and make a movie to make Veronica Mars fans proud.

January 11, 2011 at 5:44 am | Report abuse |
  20. angelo

Veronica Mars FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

January 10, 2011 at 12:49 pm | Report abuse |
  21. Laina

I recently watched the serious on Netflix and fell in love with Loronica (the relationship between Logan and Veronica) no offense to Pezz but i wld rather see more Loronica and a movie is a great idea. I'm a big fan thanks. :)

January 5, 2011 at 9:33 pm | Report abuse |
  22. Fan

They should definitely make a movie or something. It doesn't have to go to theatres. I'd buy it. Stargate got cancelled, but they managed to make several movies for the fans. It would have to be cheaper to make than that as it would not have special effects.

December 22, 2010 at 5:41 am | Report abuse |
  23. new fan 2010

Man, I just watched all 3 seasons of Veronica Mars on netflix this week. I don't know why I never watched it on the WB but I would love to see it as a movie. Come on WB give the green light already!!!!!

December 8, 2010 at 6:32 pm | Report abuse |
  24. Mary

I loved the series! I recently finished re-watching all 3 seasons for the third time, and would love for there to be a movie! I definitely don't think the last season ended well since nothing was really resolved.

November 30, 2010 at 1:04 pm | Report abuse |
  25. Vince

YES YES YES YES AND YES. That is all.

November 24, 2010 at 7:48 pm | Report abuse |
  26. grace

bring back the show it was so AWESOME. I want to know what happens next.

November 23, 2010 at 2:38 am | Report abuse |
  27. Lindsay

Hell yes, I would do many crazy things to see that movie made. Whatever it takes!!

November 17, 2010 at 12:34 am | Report abuse |
  28. Fennie

Would definitely see the movie. Definitely. The storyline and acting is amazing.

November 15, 2010 at 2:53 pm | Report abuse |
  29. Faris Irandoost

Veronica Mars is one of the most amazing, intriguing and memorable seris of this decade, maybe even this millenium. I have recomended this show to many people and without exception everyone has enjoyed the episodes and become fans of the show. We have been campaigning for the Veronica Mars movie for years. If you are a fan, make sure you say so, because Warner Brothers is looking into this for a future project. WB please make the movie.

November 15, 2010 at 2:50 pm | Report abuse |
  30. Darcy

Yes I want a movie!!!! I didn't really know about Veronica Mars when it was on TV. I started watching it about a year ago on Netflix and got addicted!!!!! I watched all three seasons in a couple months. Well maybe a month. LOL. Anyway I think it's a great idea, the story line was never finished and there are more fans now than when the show ended. I know of alot of people who watched it on netflix or a different site after it ended. Go Veronica Mars....and of course Logan!

November 14, 2010 at 7:23 pm | Report abuse |
  31. susanna

I WANT A VERONICA_MARS MOVIE!
    in my opinion they cancelled this show too early. there wasn't a real end of the story. so a movie would be so great. and it has to come out in germany!

November 12, 2010 at 1:06 pm | Report abuse |
  32. Jess

PLEASE bring back Veronica Mars I love it! And I think that more teens would love it now of days if they watched it!

November 11, 2010 at 9:09 pm | Report abuse |
  33. Lana

Love the show. I would take my husband and then go back with all my girlfriends. Please WB make the movie and give LoVe the ending they deserve.

November 11, 2010 at 3:18 pm | Report abuse |
  34. Molly

I LOVE VMARS. i was so mad that the series went off tv. the only way to get my fill of veronica mars i had to watch it over again and again i can't get enough. I can't even count the number of times i have watched the series.

November 11, 2010 at 1:47 am | Report abuse |
  35. Kaitlyn

I Loved the series and really want some loose ends tied. I would watch and buy the movie!!

November 10, 2010 at 10:43 pm | Report abuse |
  36. rosiej

I LOVE this show! I only discovered it last year so i never watcched it when it was on the air. I've also gotten quite a few people hooked on it too.
    I think a movie would work, if they did it right you wouldn't necessarily have had to watched the series at all.
    Hoping it'll get made so bad!

November 10, 2010 at 8:46 pm | Report abuse |
  37. Stephanie B.

I would be the first one in line for tickets to the midnight showing. This show is the best show ever and it needs a better ending than the one it has.

November 10, 2010 at 8:36 pm | Report abuse |
  38. Paula

It has been several years since it was on but I would absolutely love to see the series resolved and even advanced.
    I loved not only Kristen Bell but the entire cast. I would hope that the producers would be smart enough not to do what was done to Dead Like Me and the crapfest movie that they produced.

November 10, 2010 at 7:41 pm | Report abuse |
  39. Zeeko

I am obsessed with Kristen Bell. VMars is the best show ever. I wish the big kahunas at WB would wake up and get this back on tv or a movie or online or dvd I dont care

November 10, 2010 at 7:30 pm | Report abuse |
  40. Jamielicious

I heart veronica mars. Please make this movie happen. or better bring back the show all together. I gaurentee if you havent seen it you will get hooked. I sent emails I hope it really happens.

November 10, 2010 at 7:28 pm | Report abuse |
  41. Bethany

I loved this show. I watch the series over and over. I think all three seasons were great and they always keep you on the edge of what is going to happen next. It makes me want to be a PI!

November 10, 2010 at 7:26 pm | Report abuse |
  42. Julie

Bring it to the big screen!!!!!!

Veronica Mars ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

November 10, 2010 at 7:25 pm | Report abuse |
  43. ZZ

I would LOVE to see a movie come out of this. This show had drama, comedy, love, pain, and everything inbetween. It was entertaining, and Kristen Bells character was very inspiring for me. I watched this show recently on my netflix but am glad better late then never.

It's always the good shows that end too soon.

November 10, 2010 at 7:24 pm | Report abuse |
  44. SAM

If it is to be successful, it would have to be a reboot, i.e. take it forward 10 years and Veronica is now working as assistant district attorney or FBI agent and is forced to take on a case in her hometown. Otherwise, I think that it will flop, which is a pity because I loved the show.

November 10, 2010 at 4:56 pm | Report abuse |
  45. Steven Seagal

Who sends an email to complain about a show that ended 3 years ago? Can one of you idiots that do this kind of thing tell me where I can complain about the unresolved storylines on Three's Company?

November 10, 2010 at 4:26 pm | Report abuse |
    • kaitlyn

If you don't care, why read the article and take the time to post. Just saying.

November 10, 2010 at 10:49 pm | Report abuse |
    • David Childers

I know, they're almost as bad as the mouth-breathers that take the time to actually make snarky comments about a blog post discussing a potential resurrection of a cancelled TV series in the form of a movie.

Oh wait...

November 15, 2010 at 8:46 pm | Report abuse |
  46. Elysia

My husband and I just finished watching all three seasons on Netflix - loved the show and it was so unresolved! I already sent an email. I think the cast was great. We'd definitely go or rent or watch online and endure ads - definitely!

November 10, 2010 at 4:21 pm | Report abuse |
  47. kbellicious

I have already sent a few emails... It seems like a dead end...but I have to keep trying...

November 10, 2010 at 4:18 pm | Report abuse |
  48. deborah

Didnt really watch till after it was over and hubby rented all the disk and had a all nighter and then some watching . Very good show but it kind of went dumb in third season as for movie go for it will we will be there .At least stay more true in story line of season one and two so much better it ha d bite and kep you want ing more season three was soso.. and for pitys sake get the two of them togetheir

November 10, 2010 at 4:08 pm | Report abuse |
  49. Hillary

Veronica Mars is one of the best TV series I've watched in years. It's one of the few shows anymore that I can honestly say is witty, funny, and supports good moral values. I never watched it when it was on TV mostly because I didn't even know it existed. I've watched all three seasons on Netflix and absolutely love the show.

November 10, 2010 at 3:50 pm | Report abuse |
  50. Maria

This show definately was left without any conclusion at all...i can't believe they canceled the show in the first place without even a wrap-up episode. I am all for a movie!!!! I'll be sending an e-mail request and hope that someone at Warner Brothers actually listens to the many fans that this show still has

November 10, 2010 at 3:43 pm | Report abuse |
  51. Ed

It was a great show and ended too soon.
    I hope to she this in theaters or even online, or DVD|BluRay

November 10, 2010 at 3:09 pm | Report abuse |
  52. Mohammad

I don't think this means anything. The tech guy was probably sick of seeing tweets about it and the people who are higher up and actually make decisions at wb probably don't even know about any of this.

November 10, 2010 at 3:09 pm | Report abuse |
  53. ihatethisawholelot

Abso-freakin-lutely. I loved that show and was definately left feeling empty after the finally. Lots of people watching it Mormon including all of my Mormon friends. Veronica Mars was one of the best female characters on tv.

November 10, 2010 at 3:00 pm | Report abuse |
  54. Duni

I was a big fan of the TV show during a majority of it, but with the massive 3 year gap in between... I don't think I would care to see it again. I would have to watch the entire series just to get reacquainted with the whole cast, and the likelihood that that's going to happen... slim to none

November 10, 2010 at 2:33 pm | Report abuse |
    • Kate

I doubt they would make it so that only people who have seen the show will understand whats going on. Since you have seen it, it probably wotn be to hard for you to get into, even if you dont remember much.

December 3, 2010 at 10:12 pm | Report abuse |
    • Amanda

I just finished watching the series again and we definitely need a movie to end it. I need to see the epic love story between Logan and Veronica end on a high note.

December 15, 2010 at 7:50 am | Report abuse |
  55. Mormon

This show may have been canceled because people didn't watch it three years ago. Why make a movie bout it now?

November 10, 2010 at 2:25 pm | Report abuse |
    • CWyrick

Did you watch the show? Many great shows have been cancelled.

November 11, 2010 at 4:14 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jenn

Because we are many who want to see this movie and we know that lot's of people who don't know this serie (mostly because of the weak network where it was aired) would be interested in seeing it. It is not hard to understand.

November 12, 2010 at 6:41 pm | Report abuse |
    • Helen

I would love to see this as a movie. It was a great show. I wanna see all the questions answered form the last episode. I wanna see what happens between her and logan, and all the other juicy stuff.

December 3, 2010 at 5:03 pm | Report abuse |