NKOTB and Backstreet Boys join forces
November 10th, 2010

NKOTB and Backstreet Boys join forces

Two boy bands get together and there is no dance off? For shame!

Ryan Seacrest brought the Backstreet Boys and New Kids on the Block on his radio show for their first interview together ever (cue the screams of once teenaged girls everywhere).

NKTOB member Donnie Wahlberg explained that the magic which happened when the pair of boy bands performed together in New York City was the impetus for discussions of a possible collaboration. And the fans couldn’t be happier with the idea it seems.

“Our fans and their fans are insane,” Wahlberg said. “They are incredible.”

The Boys and the Kids are now planning to perform together at the next American Music Awards as well as a joint tour in 2011.

*Screech*

Click here for the interview.

1. Timarella

I used to write fan mail to NKOTB as a kid. It'll be good to see them concert in Australia. Great news!

December 7, 2011 at 2:42 am | Report abuse |
  2. Kia

I LOVE THE BACKSTREET BOYS!!!! :) I LOVE YOU NICK KEVIN AJ BRIAN AND HOWIE!

November 11, 2010 at 10:41 am | Report abuse |
  3. Kriss

DO IT UP!!! I'd be one of those crazy fans in the stands... I'm totally psyched! Saw NKOTB a very long time ago and never got the chance to see BSB. It would literally be a dream come true. They need to come to Canada though. Preferably in North Bay, but Toronto will suffice. YAY!!

November 11, 2010 at 3:45 am | Report abuse |
  4. Gabriela

I prefer to enjoy the Backstreet boys live on stage, just alone; but I like the idea of watching them on the USA news again! I am a huge fan as they are talented musicians and not a boyband. I invite everyone to see them live doing their music!

November 10, 2010 at 7:20 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Music Lover

I'm thinking Steven Seagal and Lawmaker are the same person trying to make it look like more people in agreement. Honestly if you don't like the bands that's fine. There is no need to bash people who do. Your interest in the topic tells a lot about you! Why even take the time to read the article and post? Obviously you're still bitter about your teenage girlfriend having a crush on one of the band member or in the closet about something...

It's okay to like boybands. Join us, you'll have the time of your life!

November 10, 2010 at 5:08 pm | Report abuse |
    • Steven Legal

I take the time to post because it's fun baiting people on the internets. Some of the funniest moments of the day involve watching ppl meltdown when someone says something obviously outrageous. The blogs about overweight ppl are the funniest because they're too busy eating and griping to laugh.

November 10, 2010 at 5:33 pm | Report abuse |
    • CNNgrl

Wow! Must be an awesome life – "Some of the funniest moments of the day involve watching ppl meltdown when someone says something obviously outrageous" – I'm glad that's not the highlight of my day! Seems to me the only one griping on this page is you – and all b/c you're too ignorant to mind your own business when you have no idea what you're talking about. Sure some fans are overweight but you'll find that w/any group. So go back to your fabulous life and be happy this collaboration happened – otherwise you would be forced to endure another boring day void of "baiting people on the internets". I can only assume that by adding an “s” to internet – you mean that you sit in an office all day surrounded by multiple computers. So push up your glasses and fill-up your pocket protector and enjoy the laughs you’ve been allowed to partake in!

November 10, 2010 at 10:57 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Lorin

Maha- I'm so with you. Backstreet Boys are incredible!!!! Always were and always will be.

November 10, 2010 at 2:27 pm | Report abuse |
  7. El Jefe

I bet the gheys are happy with this...

November 10, 2010 at 2:01 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Maha

I'm not a NKOTB follower, but they seem to be sweethearts. All the guys held a Ustream chat together, and it was fun watching the interaction. I wasn't much looking forward to the tour, but I'm on board now!
    I dunno much about NKOTB ages, but I do know BSB are all in their 30s. Nick's 30. Anyways, age doesn't matter when they can still sing and sound good.
    Oh and Lawman, BSB have fans of all ages. I've seen female fans from ages 13-54. I myself am 21 years young, not married. I've seen fans in-shape, and out of shape. Do you know what really matters? Is that even after all these years, when they're not so much into the spotlight anymore, BSB still have the loyalty and love of so many fans to hold sell-out concerts internationally, and continue making music that is supported by their fans.
    They'll be going on cruise with their fans this December, and believe me, it's gonna be filled with hot women, young and old.
    @rach Totally agree, girl. I'm more into BSB concerts now than I was back then.
    Backstreet Boys fan for life, baby!

November 10, 2010 at 1:35 pm | Report abuse |
  9. CosmoGirl

Lawman, go find NK cruise pics from the past couple of years. The boat is filled with 2000 HOT, in-shape women, most of whom are all moms. Don't be hating because you don't have a million hot women chasing after your fat ass.

November 10, 2010 at 1:19 pm | Report abuse |
    • Steven Seagal

An NK cruise? Seriously? That's worse than one of those Rosie O'Donnell cruises where she tries to convince the world that every woman should be lezzbo and adopt 87 kids and name them all Parker.

November 10, 2010 at 1:29 pm | Report abuse |
    • Yeah right.

LOL and why's that? What's wrong with going on a cruise with people who have similar interests and are your teenage icons to have fun? =P

November 10, 2010 at 1:41 pm | Report abuse |
  10. rach

Fans will always be fans. Like the beattles . . . Time may pass but feelings remain. I was more into a NKOTB concert 2 years ago than when I was 9.

November 10, 2010 at 12:49 pm | Report abuse |
    • Lawmaker

Are you seriously putting the Beatles in the same category as NK or the Backside Boys? Please kill yourself.

November 10, 2010 at 1:32 pm | Report abuse |
    • Leena

She's putting the *fans* and their feelings in the same category as Beatles fans and their feelings. I still love listening to BSB's older tunes. What's wrong with enjoying older music? If it's not your cup of tea, no need to diss it. Go enjoy your stuff, dude.

November 10, 2010 at 1:38 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Lorin

I absolutely love Backstreet!!!!! Can't wait to see them!!!!!!! :)

November 10, 2010 at 11:45 am | Report abuse |
  12. Capri

Jealous much, Lawman? You sound awfully bitter, lol.

November 10, 2010 at 11:40 am | Report abuse |
    • Lawmaker

Not jealous, baby, just calling a spade a spade. Do you really believe reality at a New Kids on my Kock show is much different than I described?

November 10, 2010 at 1:30 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Lawman

Is Color Me Badd going to open for them? Donnie Wahlburg has got to be 63 if he's a day. We'll see all those teenage cuties who loved these bands and grew up to be fat housewives who spend their days griping at their kids and husbands and reading tabloids while they inhale candy.

November 10, 2010 at 10:52 am | Report abuse |