Kanye slams Matt Lauer and 'Today' via Twitter
November 10th, 2010

Kanye slams Matt Lauer and 'Today' via Twitter

Update, 6:50 p.m.: Kanye West's interview with Matt Lauer on "Today" airs Thursday. In a statement, the morning news program said in response to West's tweets, “We look forward to airing Matt Lauer’s interview with Kanye West tomorrow on ‘Today.’”

However, it appears that West isn’t happy with Lauer and “The Today Show.”

West made a visit to the set of the NBC program on Tuesday for a pre-taped interview with Lauer, and immediately after, West took to his Twitter account to vent about his not-so-fun experience. “I don’t mess with Matt Lauer or the Today Show,” West tweeted, “and that’s a very nice way for me to put it!”

In a prior interview with Lauer, former President George W. Bush addresses West and his infamous statement that “George Bush doesn’t care about Black people." West said that he went on “Today” in an effort to express how empathetic he was to Bush, but felt like Lauer had a different agenda.

“HE TRIED TO FORCE MY ANSWERS,” he tweeted. “IT WAS VERY BRUTAL AND I CAME THERE WITH ONLY POSITIVE INTENT… Yo I really wonder if Matt Lauer thought that [expletive] was cool to play the ‘MTV’ clip while I was speaking about Bush? He played clips of Bush and asked me to look at his face while I was trying to talk to him.”

West’s latest media battle comes on the heels of his forthcoming album, “My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy,” which drops on November 22. But fans shouldn't expect anymore media ops with West, or so he says.

“I don’t trust anyone but myself! Everyone has an agenda,” he said. “I don’t do press anymore. I can’t be everything to everybody anymore.”

Filed under: Celebrities • Kanye West • Music • television

Next entry »
  1. celebs911

Please check our predictions and messages from Above for Kanye West.

November 13, 2010 at 12:38 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Filmoetonyc

I think Matt was wrong for talking to Kanye like he was a kid and the hell with Bush, not Matt is his bestfriend, because he got the interview first. Telling Kanye "look at his face, just look at his face". That was wrong and Kanye is a grown man regardless of what he did, you don't belittle men.

November 13, 2010 at 5:06 am | Report abuse |
  3. Sandy

Oh, I'm sorry Kanye, did someone call you out on your bull and challenge things you've said and done? Did someone make you feel bad for your actions? Well why don't you do something else unprofessional like pulling out of a performance you already agreed to, so you can have a temper tantrum on twitter instead?

November 12, 2010 at 6:42 pm | Report abuse |
  4. lisette

Leave kanye alone. Yall just dont understand him and you probably never will.

November 12, 2010 at 5:30 pm | Report abuse |
  5. pacman357

Kanye puts the "twit" in "twitter". I don't know why anyone pays any attention to anything he says. Fans of the genre may well be onto a good artist. I wouldn't know, as I'm a metal head from another era. I'm just talking about when this dope gets turned loose into the public. Unfortunately, it seems that the more his name is in print, and the more someone wastes some video by burning his image and words onto it, the more he seems to be encouraged, and the smarter he seems to think he is.

Makes me glad I never had kids. If my child behaved this way, I'd lie about who he is and just tell people he's serving time in prison.

November 12, 2010 at 4:30 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Petey

Ye has a huge ego and obviously a drug problem... and a personality problem... and an anger problem... and a relevancy problem... and a nobody gives a &^$$%&# problem!

So what! Who cares?

November 12, 2010 at 1:30 pm | Report abuse |
  7. raina

ya'll need to get off Kanye . haters=/

November 12, 2010 at 12:40 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Tom

Kayne West is a immature little baby that to me has no talent and is a spoiled brat. He thinks he is above everyone else. As far as I am concerned he can go bye bye.

November 11, 2010 at 10:15 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Dee

I don't know why anyone has not recognized that Kanye West is a man that is hurting and needs grief counseling.
    His Mother died suddenly and he was an only child and he just put himself right back into his work after her death.
    It seems that he is all alone and is lashing out for help amd noone is there to recommend that he receive help or has his best interest at heart.

I am suprised that the so called experts or media pundents have not recognized how he is hurting instead of just criticising him noone has thought of this it seems people are only interested in his music, apology and not the underlying factors. He is such a talented man and needs the music world to come in and give him moral support.

I hope he gets the professional help he needs because it is hard to get over the death of your Mom and he feels all alone my heart goes out to him because I surely miss my Mom from giving me advice and constructive criticism when needed. My prayers are with him.

November 11, 2010 at 9:17 pm | Report abuse |
    • Godsun

Because Kayne West is so outspoken the general public has this negative vibe towards him. The general public use to hate Muhammad Ali when he was young and knockin suckas out and then tellin everyone he was the greatest. He does not fit the stereotypes and they feel threatened by his social courage, even though they would deny it. And let's not talk about the 800lb gorilla in the room.

November 11, 2010 at 9:52 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Godsun

Why are all you haters commenting on what another person is saying or doing. Kayne is young and brilliant and full of himself. So what! he'll mature as he grows older. All you jealous haters should get a life. And yes lauer did ambush him with that's typical of those professional talking heads. If anybody should apologize it's bush for 8 yrs of mediocrity and gross incompetence.

November 11, 2010 at 7:22 pm | Report abuse |
  11. chicagomary

Kanye, nobody cares anymore, get over it. You go on Today to promote your new album, they have you on because you are a ratings draw. People want to see or hear what stupid thing you will say or do next. Don't blame Matt for doing HIS JOB just as you are doing yours.

November 11, 2010 at 6:06 pm | Report abuse |
  12. celebs911

I believe Kanye needs healing, period! The loss of his mom got to him in unexpected ways. He is a great artist, too bad he is out of control. That could be fixed. He is next in our celebs911 list. IN the mean while check Charlie Sheen.

November 11, 2010 at 11:33 am | Report abuse |
  13. Cindy

After seeing the interview this am I'm more than convinced that West is a moron.

November 11, 2010 at 10:02 am | Report abuse |
  14. Worst Of Anything, Tammy Collins

really? Brutal? He is sooooo dramatic.... maybe attention seeking for the album?

November 11, 2010 at 8:40 am | Report abuse |
  15. D

LMAO! I thought I was the only one who noticed all the comments Cyberpolice has posted! I'm getting such a laugh from these responses!

November 10, 2010 at 11:58 pm | Report abuse |
  16. marilyn

I especially love that u recognize that "gravity makes falling of the earth impossible." I got a laugh out of Kanye saying Bush doesn't like black people. It takes bawlz to say that about the pres. on tv. What he did to Taylor was really crappy though. Bottom line...we all have our good moments and our bad moments. Kanye's moments are seen worldwide. Everyone here should just be glad all the stupid things we've said (and we've all said stupid things...i know i'm gonna hear a few more of them after this post) isn't aired for the whole world to see.

November 10, 2010 at 8:30 pm | Report abuse |
  17. marilyn

Cyberpolice. I am falling in love. Everything u say is so adorably witty...and true! Intelligence AND a sense of humor...hot. Anyway, i like Kanye's music I also like Matt.. Lots of celebrities say stupid things. Let's try to get over it before we pop a vein people.

November 10, 2010 at 8:13 pm | Report abuse |
  18. Cynthia

Kayne calls George W. a racist!???? Kanye looks like the racist here......he interrupts a white person's (Taylor Swift) acceptane speech saying that a black person (Beyonce) better deserved the award and then calls George W. (white guy) racist for not stopping in a predominantly black neighborhood. It's about time you look beyond the color of a person's skin, Kanye, and see people for who they truly are.

November 10, 2010 at 7:05 pm | Report abuse |
  19. El Jefe

Why don't we let this nugga die already?

November 10, 2010 at 6:21 pm | Report abuse |
  20. George

Kayne.... come on, you nothing but a washed up entertainer trying to make a come back in an era that dosen't want you back. You should meet up with Chris Brown and beat on each other

November 10, 2010 at 6:06 pm | Report abuse |
  21. mike

kanye,

please shut your mouth nobody cares what you have to say.....you deserve everything your self centered a** gets

November 10, 2010 at 5:58 pm | Report abuse |
    • cheefsfury

I DONT NO WHATS MORE SADDER THE NERDS WHO GET ON HERE AND TRY TO SAY NO ONE CARES BUT ITS SO OBVIOUS THEY CARE CUZ THEY POSTED HERE OR THE FACT THEY THINK KAYNE WILL READ IT

November 10, 2010 at 6:07 pm | Report abuse |
  22. sparky

Seriously, does anyone care what kanye west has to say about anyone or anything? I am no great fan of mat lauer but even less so of the over inflated mr west.

November 10, 2010 at 5:40 pm | Report abuse |
  23. Barry Bubba

LOL! "I cant be all things to everybody" LOL when was Kanye West ANYTHING to ANYONE! and I am not a BUSH supporter but for this 9 fingered uneducated SCHMUCK to even get 14 minutes of fame is way too much!!
    It's silly to hear him talk about how the RESS is always after him.... Well... he give them so much damn ammo (reasons) to nail jim to the cross daily! Yes KANYE,,,, PLEASE STOP DOING PRESS!~!! FOR ALL OF US!

November 10, 2010 at 5:27 pm | Report abuse |
    • cyberpolice

There are numerous photos of Kanye West on this web site and a simple search of them will reveal that he does indeed still have all of his fingers.

November 10, 2010 at 5:34 pm | Report abuse |
  24. Mizal

Kanye said what he needed to say about George Bush.He dislikes blacks Took him forever to help katrina victims but the texas hurricane came he ran his ass down there so i agree and Kanye west is right they all have a agenda on all blacks fox news everybody I bet is Taylor Swift did the same thing to kanye u wouldnt look at it the same way ur all idiots and need to be very quiet wit ur dumb opinions oh and kanye is rich so hate him if u wanna ur kids listen to him ha ha ha irony

November 10, 2010 at 5:19 pm | Report abuse |
    • cyberpolice

I believe that the better example of irony in your post are your English skills and the fact that you call everyone idiots.

November 10, 2010 at 5:26 pm | Report abuse |
  25. Avon Barksdale

Sorry, I meant about 75% of the people waiting in line for him to sign their CD were white – in Chicago, IL. And I have the pictures to prove this. Also Taylor Swift should be on her hand's and knees thanking Kanye because she would not have a carrer without him. Knowbody even knew who she was outside of Nashville, TN.

November 10, 2010 at 5:16 pm | Report abuse |
  26. Avon Barksdale

Interesting Fact: I met Kanye at his CD signing a few days before the George Bush statement. He was real cool. Even though the line was going all the way aroun the block on Michigan Avenue Kanye was still smiling and talking to every body like they were his friend. Another interesting fact about that day: About 75% of the people waiting in line for him to sign their CD were black.

November 10, 2010 at 5:09 pm | Report abuse |
  27. Avon Barksdale

EVERY SINGLE WHITE PERSON IN THE WORLD IS GONNA BUY KANYE'S ALBUM WHEN IT COMES OUT ON THE 22'nd. For all of ya'll still crying 5 years later after what he said about Bush and 1 year after the Talor Swift thing YOU CANT KEEP HIM OUT YOUR MIND. Jack Johnson, Muhammad Ali and now Kanye West. In their prime you all claim to hate him but when their gone you say they are the Greatest of all time. Well I aint waiting for YE to die. kanye is a genius and from the looks of this blog he got ya'll addicted to him. Make that money Ye. Chi-Town stand up!

November 10, 2010 at 5:03 pm | Report abuse |
  28. Darrell Barricklow

Now you have three things he doesn't have 1) Talent, 2) Ability, 3) Class

November 10, 2010 at 5:01 pm | Report abuse |
  29. tdaddy

Kanye is an idot. Just plain and simple – he's an idiot. He does and says idiotic things and wonders why people want to hold him accountable. He's an idiot.

November 10, 2010 at 4:29 pm | Report abuse |
  30. corey

it is evident you people didn't study english. if you had you know there is no such thing as proper or improper english. english is proper if it is understood by its audience. think b4 you write/text/speak your mind.

November 10, 2010 at 4:24 pm | Report abuse |
    • barry Bubba

LOL you AttempT to wrItE about Proper English/ grammar...? ! try writing out complete sentences

also try this... Try using a capital letter at the beginning of your sentences and maybe a period or something at the end.
      Your statement i more like.... "Hi Pot Im Kettle" Im just as ignorant as you. I just don't hav gud grammmmer!"

November 10, 2010 at 5:30 pm | Report abuse |
  31. cheefsfury

YOU KNOW AN INTERVIEW WITH LAURER IS GONNA BE BAD WHEN IT STARTS WITH TAKE A SEAT

November 10, 2010 at 3:53 pm | Report abuse |
  32. kitty

Kanye is a blubber mouth, luckily I don't watch him or any of those shows meant only to control and limit peoples thinking abilities while diverting attention from meaningful issues. If I want raw news without any puppeteering bbc is right on my dial. This sounds like a test of wits, and kanye got his butt whipped!Next time he opens his mouth to spew garbage he'll remember matt lauer. Oh and bush please go back underground and stay there, you ran an entire nation down the drain and you think anyone cares about your little justification ledger? Katrina is just an example of how poor you are, not only as a leader but as a person as well. As long as this country is still suffering your poor leadership going underground is the least you can do. Matt, kudos for teaching kanye some manners, however if you wish to interview an intellingent black artist, please try john legend or dl hugley!

November 10, 2010 at 3:49 pm | Report abuse |
  33. sxycindy

I once met Kanye after one of his concerts, he was an intelligent, caring, down to earth person. Many of these celebrities are one way in front of an audience, and quite different when the "cameras" are off. I have been very fortunate to live a privleged life, which affords me to meet many celebrities. Trust me, when there isnt an audience, many of these people are quite "normal."

November 10, 2010 at 3:32 pm | Report abuse |
  34. Ear

I like Kanye. Met him before. Real humble dude believe it or not . Had a fly behind jacket on that I wanted SO bad! I think that he has some personal things that he has to sort out in his mind and pray to learn how to deal with his New Reality.(after his mothers death). Because that is some hard stuff to go through. But this is his new reality and he has to learn how to make the best of it and not letting Matt Lauer and things as such get to him. But I see where he's coming from. Today show had it in for him from the jump.

November 10, 2010 at 3:19 pm | Report abuse |
  35. bigben

Every time he opens his mouth all types of garbage comes out and it's the media's fault. Maybe if he thought for one second before just spewing all types of retarded. Mat Laur isn't exactly a hard hitting interviewer. Can you imagine if he was on the Howard Stern show?

November 10, 2010 at 3:13 pm | Report abuse |
    • cyberpolice

Unless Kanye West has a bizzare medical condtion of eating garbage and the regurgitating it, garbage does not come out of his mouth.

November 10, 2010 at 3:56 pm | Report abuse |
  36. SICOFKANYE

This is one very socially inept individual who other than for singing (if thats what you want to call it)
    should always keep his mouth shut.

November 10, 2010 at 3:03 pm | Report abuse |
    • cyberpolice

If Kanye West never opened his mouth again, he would be unable to eat and then die. This is not an acceptable humane solution.

November 10, 2010 at 3:57 pm | Report abuse |
  37. Mark

Apparently Kanye still hasn't learned the most important lesson of all: that he's an idiot. Truly one of the dumbest people in show business. I'd put him up against Britney and do a quiz bowl show. I bet she'd edge him out.

Go away, Kanye. Your loud-mouthed stupidity is so old.

November 10, 2010 at 3:01 pm | Report abuse |
  38. Kimberly

Palin vs. Kanye! I love it. Glad to here you all doggin the guy. How in the hell is this guy such a rich s.o.b? I think the guy is on drugs are is a total lush to be capable of saying and doing what he does. Hey Kanye, join AA and get unjuiced man!!!

November 10, 2010 at 2:56 pm | Report abuse |
  39. Joe

Kanye really gives Blacks a bad name...

November 10, 2010 at 2:47 pm | Report abuse |
    • cyberpolice

And what name would he give them? It seems more like he is giving people surnamed West a bad name.

November 10, 2010 at 4:00 pm | Report abuse |
  40. Lynn

Kanye or as George W calls him..Conway. Is a big fat over rated cry baby. Has this idiot ever been happy? Who listens to this moron? I've seen his work, and I'll just say people throw the word "talented" around a bit loosely these days. He's ok, but if he never spoke again I wouldn't be upset. Twitter rants? Really?

November 10, 2010 at 2:46 pm | Report abuse |
    • cyberpolice

Quoting George Washington and claiming he knew that one day Kanye West would be important to America seems a bit far fetched to me. To answer your question as to who listens to Kanye, millions of people as he is a multi million selling platinum recording artist. I doubt his mom bought them all as she wasnt alive to see the last one released.

November 10, 2010 at 4:04 pm | Report abuse |
  41. Nedulous

West is totally irrelevant. I can't think of anyone I could care less about.

November 10, 2010 at 2:45 pm | Report abuse |
  42. KicksR4Twits

My comment didn't get posted...

I attempted to instruct the articles' author (Gavin Godfrey) on the fine art of an actual "slam" since, in my opinion, Kanye didn't really slam Matt Lauer....

Either my example was too harsh (i.e. censored) or it hit too close to home.

Well, I may have gone overboard with my "panty-waste" remark...

November 10, 2010 at 2:39 pm | Report abuse |
    • cyberpolice

There are a few words and phrases that CNN does not allow to be posted on this site.

November 10, 2010 at 3:59 pm | Report abuse |
  43. Nina

Neither Lauer nor West are relevant in any real sense–they are entertainers.
    West will not be remembered in ten years.
    Lauer is not a journalist, he's considered "talent" by the news division.
    Both have large egos and like to be looked at.

November 10, 2010 at 2:36 pm | Report abuse |
    • Truth

West may be remembered years hence, but only for what I am sure will be his inevitable appearance on "Celebrity Rehab" along with Sarah Palin, Kate Goslin and the like.

November 10, 2010 at 2:42 pm | Report abuse |
  44. Chuck Chese

Oh I get it. Its ok to hire a ghost writer, then completely overdub, over engineer, over sample music, but if an interviewer tries to color an interview he is conducting, that is unacceptable. Which is more real? Kanyes music, or the audio from one of those baby commericals where they auto tune the infants vocals.

November 10, 2010 at 2:35 pm | Report abuse |
  45. AMB

Sounds like Kanye is getting a taste of his own medicine...he's crying about how he was treated while being interviewed about the way HE has treated others in the past.

November 10, 2010 at 2:32 pm | Report abuse |
  46. Mark

Then keep your mouth shut next time you idiot..

November 10, 2010 at 2:31 pm | Report abuse |
  47. Gail

So basically he's crying about being called out for playing the race card. He should be able to make any outrageous statement he likes and not be "force my answers".

He doesn't have a clue of how absurd his "I shouldn't be called out for saying idiotic things" position is.

November 10, 2010 at 2:29 pm | Report abuse |
  48. Peter

Three idiots – Bush, Lauer and West. Who cares what any of them have to say – about anything??????

November 10, 2010 at 2:29 pm | Report abuse |
    • AMB

Apparently YOU DO...not only did you navigate to this article to read it, but you also care enough to comment...JUST SAYIN. ;o)

November 10, 2010 at 2:38 pm | Report abuse |
    • barry Bubba

I could not have said it any better!

November 10, 2010 at 5:31 pm | Report abuse |
  49. d dubstein

could it be? could we be so lucky that kanye stays out of the media? i doubt it, but one can hope that we will get some time where we don't have to listen to him spout garbage. kanye is by far the worst musician to walk the earth. william hung was better. true story.

November 10, 2010 at 2:25 pm | Report abuse |
  50. Duni

I can't be mad at Kanye... The TODAY Show only deals with what is relevant. Kanye happens to be that. If he wasn't the people, commenting and saying that he wasn't relevant, would not be commenting. The reason why we are even looking at this article is because Kanye West (an artist that has music in the charts, along with videos) said something to Matt Lauer and we wanted to find out, if it was as ridiculous as it normally is, or was it just something hyped up.

To me, Kanye didn't say anything that a lot of celebrities haven't already said. Lauer and crew start off buddy buddy, but when the camera's are on, they press you about all things negative that is currently in all of the headlines, or at least the gossip magazines.

No one has dropped all of that stuff from their mindset. And even if you have, the news keeps repeating everyones past transgressions like it just recently happened.

Relevancy depends on which media outlet you are on. He was on one of the biggest day time news shows, of course he's relevant. Stupid, but they aren't talking about any of us commenting on here.

November 10, 2010 at 2:25 pm | Report abuse |
  51. the nickster

He is such a tool.

November 10, 2010 at 2:24 pm | Report abuse |
  52. harleyfatz

Who in this world gives a **** about Kanye West or his opinion!! Personally I'm tired of seeing his face!

November 10, 2010 at 2:21 pm | Report abuse |
  53. rocknnroln

You wanted your face on tv and you got it. Dont be so naive and say you didnt know what was coming. You've been around plenty long enough to know you dont trust the media. STOP IT!!!!!

November 10, 2010 at 2:19 pm | Report abuse |
  54. Cree

Then why didn't he stop the interview, you know, since it was being pre-taped? He ain't fooling nobody. He likes the attention and gets it by creating a fuss.

November 10, 2010 at 2:18 pm | Report abuse |
  55. David S

Need a "Like" button for Bannab's post...lol

November 10, 2010 at 2:18 pm | Report abuse |
  56. JoeT

Can we *please* get this man to co-host a news show with Sarah Palin?

November 10, 2010 at 2:13 pm | Report abuse |
  57. bannab

Somebody give him a pacifier.

November 10, 2010 at 2:13 pm | Report abuse |
  58. bill

Waaaa,waaaaa. Poor little racist baby need a hug?

November 10, 2010 at 2:11 pm | Report abuse |
  59. kfc

Well, he did tell the truth about Bush. Nothing Bush says now will ever change that fact of history. It took the US 2 days to drop tons of food during a tsunami in India but it took Bush 6 days to drop a bottle of water to its own tax paying US citizens. You may not like what Kayne said or how he said it, but he told the truth!

November 10, 2010 at 2:11 pm | Report abuse |
    • Chris

Truth? I think not! He admitted to Lauer that it was his emotions getting the better of him – which is what happened with the Taylor Swift incident. Hopefully he will learn from his mistakes this time.
      While the horrors of Katrina were (are) very real & the people who were stranded suffered very real hardships, much of the suffering could have been avoided if they had evacuated when they were advised to – mandatory evacuations aren't declared without justification & Katrina is a perfect example. Many (not all) chose to stay. And then blamed the government for not taking care of them in a situation that they could have avoided. Those of us in tornado country wish we had the 2 – 5 day notice that New Orleans had before the storm hit. We're lucky if we have 30 minutes! And when a tornado wipes out an entire town -we're there helping each other intead of waiting for the government to rescue us.

November 10, 2010 at 3:04 pm | Report abuse |
  60. Chris

Kanye needs to keep his mouth shut & count to 100 before he says or does anything. Talent or not, he needs to think before acting on any of his impulses. And quit playing the race card & blaming others for your problems.

November 10, 2010 at 2:08 pm | Report abuse |
  61. Chris

Who the heck is Kenny West?

November 10, 2010 at 2:07 pm | Report abuse |
  62. Chalieboi

Man yaw need to get off his testicles that man making money taking care of business

November 10, 2010 at 2:05 pm | Report abuse |
  63. CaptainHindsight

Bush and Kanye are both puppets of Satan and their purpose is to divide the people with trivial matters. This tactic prevents humans from reaching their full potential and hinders progress across the globe. I can't wait for the day I'm put into the ground.

November 10, 2010 at 1:59 pm | Report abuse |
  64. BitingPavlov

November 10, 2010 at 1:58 pm | Report abuse |
  65. Jeepers

Yawn.

November 10, 2010 at 1:57 pm | Report abuse |
  66. Donna

Listen to what "music"?? He doesn't make any music!! Rap MAY be considered a genre of "entertainment" but it is NOT music!! And more to the point, just because a person makes a lot of money, and his making that money doing what he does, does not give him or anyone else the right to be an a** nor does it buy him forgiveness. To be known for Rap and stupidity is a double joke, and not to worry–with his mentaility, he'll be washing cars soon enough.

November 10, 2010 at 1:56 pm | Report abuse |
  67. C M

Kanye West has turned himself into a joke! There's no denying he's talented, but people, including myself, have lost patience and interest in him. He's a self-centered egomaniacal BABY who needs constant attention to fill some giant empty void. It's gone from news-worthy to pathetically sad.

November 10, 2010 at 1:55 pm | Report abuse |
  68. neoanakinpotter

"Kanye West" & "Positive Intent" are never going to be truly believeable being said in the same sentence. Hey Mr. West, bring your ego WAAAY down or just go away.

November 10, 2010 at 1:54 pm | Report abuse |
  69. crook

yo blkshp: it's easy to get ignorant when talking about kayne. he's the most arrogant hot mess around. how can one not get ignorant? he thinks MUCH to highly of himself and it's offensive.

November 10, 2010 at 1:52 pm | Report abuse |
  70. tony

Kanye has to rember that today show needs rateings

November 10, 2010 at 1:50 pm | Report abuse |
  71. Juan

If i were an artist i'd kill for so many people to have an opinion on me. Good job Kanye.

November 10, 2010 at 1:49 pm | Report abuse |
  72. ACE

Lots of intelligece on here...yup...ivy league world leaders...future looks really bright for us all...

November 10, 2010 at 1:48 pm | Report abuse |
  73. Truth

West is a liberal stooge who needs to go away. Take the Kardashians with you.

November 10, 2010 at 1:47 pm | Report abuse |
  74. boocat

I'm no fan of Matt Lauer – he gives bad interview – always interrupting people – but aside from that I wish this idiot would shut up already!!

November 10, 2010 at 1:46 pm | Report abuse |
  75. Mike

It's amazing how much you hate kanye west and you know nothing of his work. He transcends rap.

The problem is your lack of respect for an African American success story and the fact he is rich

Cause: your lack of education and racist upbringing

Solution: listen to his music. Seek first to understand then to be understood. I think you will then learn more about kanye west his universal appeal and true talent

Benefit: make america a better place with more evolved people who wouldn't be so blinded by race

November 10, 2010 at 1:46 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mark

Just because you like his music doesn't mean that everyone should. I've heard it, and I think it is absolute garbage. 808s and Heartbreak is some of the worst pop I've ever listened to. It is laughable that you bring education and race into the issue. Just admit that Kanye is a toolbox, and that's why people don't like him. There have been talented black entertainers for decades, but Kanye gets rough treatment because he brings it on himself. I could give a rat's behind whether or not Kanye is black and successful. It is his public persona that is so atrocious and entertaining to me. He is a slow-motion train-wreck.

November 10, 2010 at 3:25 pm | Report abuse |
  76. Donna

Who in the world cares what Kenye West thinks or says about anything? Actually he has proven that he doesn't think-period. Actions do speak louder than words, and in his case, both his words and actions have shown pure ignorance. And dare I say--racism on his part????

November 10, 2010 at 1:44 pm | Report abuse |
  77. Pliny

Kanye likes fish sticks.

November 10, 2010 at 1:40 pm | Report abuse |
  78. blkshp

Funny, some people's comments on here toward Kanye are more ignorant then Kanye himself is supposed to be.

November 10, 2010 at 1:39 pm | Report abuse |
  79. riki

I'm sorry, why did you put his name in parenthesis? It's his birth name.

November 10, 2010 at 1:37 pm | Report abuse |
  80. Mitchell

Dear Kanye,
    Relax with the caps lock.

November 10, 2010 at 1:36 pm | Report abuse |
  81. CBascom

My family lived next door to his parents. When kayne was born he was so ugly his mother carried him around
    up side down for 9 days thinking he only had one eye.

November 10, 2010 at 1:33 pm | Report abuse |
  82. lasheda

Kanye has always been the guy we love to hate. I personally enjoy some of his music. He is very talented. However he is very aware of the things that he has said and done in the past and should expect for low lifes like lauer to act beneath him. He has learned from his mistakes he just wants to continue to live his life and do wat he loves to do make music.

November 10, 2010 at 1:31 pm | Report abuse |
  83. Daddy

It don't matter what he do bcuz @ da end of da day he's rich and U aint.. So f all ya haters.

November 10, 2010 at 1:27 pm | Report abuse |
    • eric

money does not bring happiness and this troubled man is a great example – love conquers all – love is the reason why we exist and when people find love (not just intimate love) they find happiness and serenity – its free to anyone willing to surrender theirfoolish pride and help their fellow man/woman – money is not happiness people

November 10, 2010 at 2:19 pm | Report abuse |
    • eric

He may be rich but his personality and character are bankrupt – let this be a lesson to the world stage – he's giving a lot of people a valuable lesson in life – let's hope he can turn his life around and find happiness – sad man

November 10, 2010 at 2:27 pm | Report abuse |
  84. thinker1

He's a jack ass...

November 10, 2010 at 1:26 pm | Report abuse |
  85. j.p.

kanye is a gay fish

November 10, 2010 at 1:22 pm | Report abuse |
  86. JonJon

Kanye might be a douch, but I guarantee when his album drops it'll make a ton of money. The funny thing is I'm guessing most of you aren't even the demographic he is aiming for. Let's face it, people love a. holes b/c it makes them feel better about themselves. Its always so funny all you haters are commenting about some one you said doesn't deserve the time of day.....so why even post???
    Just my 2cents

November 10, 2010 at 1:21 pm | Report abuse |
  87. Kevin

Matt Lauer typically knows his stuff and knows how to get controversial answers out of people. If Kanye wanted to talk about Bush and be done with it he should have gone on Regis and Kelly.

Also I watched the Today show this morning and they made it seem like Kanye regretted his comments which seems to be the point he was trying to get across. I'm not sure what the issue was.

November 10, 2010 at 1:20 pm | Report abuse |
  88. Jerry

I heard he loves fish sticks and is also a gay fish.

November 10, 2010 at 1:19 pm | Report abuse |
  89. k

What it boils down to is that Kanye lacks any sort of self-control or the ability to edit himself. His actions with Taylor Swift is a great example of that. He could be a Fullbright Scholar with a Nobel Prize and he still could not control himself and that's where he makes a fool of himself.

November 10, 2010 at 1:18 pm | Report abuse |
  90. nate

Kayne is worthless and I wish he would have been in new orleans so we could have made sure he stayed there forever

November 10, 2010 at 1:17 pm | Report abuse |
    • cyberpolice

Kanye West has an estimated net worth of over 70 million dollars.

November 10, 2010 at 4:43 pm | Report abuse |
  91. LBW

Matt Lauer will be around long after Kanye quits making money. It's hard to believe that Kanye's mother was a college proffersor. She had so much class and he acts so ghetto. I'll be so glad when he falls off the Earth.

November 10, 2010 at 1:15 pm | Report abuse |
  92. Daddy

At da end of da day
    It really don't matter
    What he does, bcuz he's
    Rich and U aint.

November 10, 2010 at 1:15 pm | Report abuse |
    • k

Why don't you try selling that to Kanye so he can make a bad song with it.

November 10, 2010 at 1:19 pm | Report abuse |

Dear Daddy,
      I write you in hopes that you will never post on any website ever again.
      Regards,
      Everyone

November 10, 2010 at 4:36 pm | Report abuse |
  93. Realnikka

Kanye got the today show and parlayed it into the CNN blogs. I Had no idea he was even on the today show, but I do now! Weirdo, sure. But despite all the hate, kanye sure knows how to generate a buzz, which usually generates $$$$. He wins

November 10, 2010 at 1:15 pm | Report abuse |
  94. Brenda

KANYE – GO AWAY.

November 10, 2010 at 1:14 pm | Report abuse |
  95. Charles Offdensen

Nathan Explosion approves of this post

November 10, 2010 at 1:12 pm | Report abuse |
  96. T Diddy

Kanye sux anyway, so does Matt lauer, but kanye is a talentless POS! i would love nothing more than for him to keep his big fat mouth shut forever. He is such a tool!

November 10, 2010 at 1:11 pm | Report abuse |
  97. Smitty

Hey Kanye... Fishsticks.

November 10, 2010 at 1:09 pm | Report abuse |
  98. ART

Whaa Whaa whaa Mat hurt my feelings,

November 10, 2010 at 1:09 pm | Report abuse |
  99. edddddd

Kanye is this Kanye is that. Why is self centered a bad thing? I certainly don't care for anyone but myself. All of you people bad mouthing him are exactly the same as him, but he has the power of the media to make sure you hear it. Stop being so angry.

November 10, 2010 at 1:09 pm | Report abuse |
    • Geron

looking at all these comments, i see why people think americans are stupid. HOW CAN YOU SAY KANYE is STUPID and IRRELEVANT when hes making the best, most thoughtful music out today??? is it because hes black? is it because he raps? thats like me thinking every white person that likes country is a racist. whch is is by no means true. the craziest thing is that people act as if there is a lot of music out there better when there isnt. youre just mad that a rapper is the best musician out right now and you cant do a THING about it. just like when michael jackson had his run in. yooure so quick to hate a black man its sickening.

November 10, 2010 at 2:57 pm | Report abuse |
  100. aa

Matt Lauer is glib

November 10, 2010 at 1:07 pm | Report abuse |
  101. Hannah

Kanye, you are nothing to me, so you're already succeeding in your brand-new attempt to stay out of the media, though I don't see this lasting much longer than my morning cup of joe.

November 10, 2010 at 1:06 pm | Report abuse |
  102. Davis

Gay fish.

November 10, 2010 at 1:01 pm | Report abuse |
    • cyberpolice

The only fish that can be gay is a dolphin, because dolphins are gay sharks.

November 10, 2010 at 4:33 pm | Report abuse |
  103. cynthia

Of the many adjectives that can be used to describe Kanye West, uninteligent isn't one of them. (His mother was a well respected college professor.) I would direct readers to an earlier post which noted that the Today Show has a modus operandi when interviewing guests. Matt Lauer's agenda was to continue the controversy created by Kanye's irresponsible behavior during the MTV awards. That Kanye recognized this fact doesn't make him a whiner, just observant.

November 10, 2010 at 1:00 pm | Report abuse |
    • usafbiker

I don't care what his Mom was......he is ignorant!! A semi-smart person wouldn't have pulled, what he did, with Taylor Swift.

November 10, 2010 at 1:07 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mark

I don't care if Kanye's mom was college professor or if his dad was an astrophysicist. Kanye himself is one dumb s.o.b. All you have to do is read anything he has ever written or said. His english language skills are a laughingstock.

November 10, 2010 at 3:13 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jus REaL

Cynthia I TOTALLY AGREE with YOU! The masses can say what they want BUT UNintelligent is NOT one of them! He knows how the business goes and he was just making us AWARE of what was going on in the interview! I LIKE KANYE and being an OUTSPOKEN person has ALWAYS in LIFE BEEN seen as a PROBLEM! by the people who WISH they could have had that courage to SPEAK THEIR OWN THOUGHTS, WHAT EVER THEY MAY HAVE BEEN. "Why do you look at me as DIFFERENT?" "I Wonder WHY are you ALL the SAME?" this is just a phrase I Love.

November 10, 2010 at 4:46 pm | Report abuse |
  104. Timme62

Curious as to how much of himself and his $$ that West gave to Katrina and New Orleans.

November 10, 2010 at 1:00 pm | Report abuse |
  105. usafbiker

Poor Kanye.......Don't dish it out, if you can't take it!! LOSERRRRRR!!!!

November 10, 2010 at 12:59 pm | Report abuse |
  106. anne

Kayne you are a BIG MESS, The Taylor Swift thing you did was just bad. Before that was what you said about Bush being a racist. Just remember Kanya people never remember the good but ale=ways remeber the bad, so sounds to me you have issues.

November 10, 2010 at 12:59 pm | Report abuse |
  107. N8tvegem

Bush had accepted Kanyes apology. Howard Stern was right. Look what barb did to ricky martin. This is not the first time Matt has done this. Everyone is so quick to keep labeling Kanye & keep bringing up mistakes he has made. Kanye has consistantly tried to make amends and realizes the truth behind what goes around comes around. Do I feel sorry for him NO. Does he feel sorry for himself NO. He understands how the business is & runs. There are more IMPORTANT MATTERS OUT THERE SUCH AS GLOBAL WARMING, ENDING WORLD HUNGER, The cholera matter that is taking more & more lives. Everyone is NOT perfect, lets live & let live.

November 10, 2010 at 12:58 pm | Report abuse |
  108. y

what a slam! lol

November 10, 2010 at 12:54 pm | Report abuse |
  109. Poppy

Oh, Kanye, you don't get that TV thing, do you? If you say it on live TV, it gets taped and it gets played over and over again. If you don't want to hear your own words over and over, then keep your mouth shut while the cameras are rolling. At the very least, you should be willing to take responsibility for your own words and the consequences for having said them.

November 10, 2010 at 12:53 pm | Report abuse |
  110. area man

Kayne, just go away already, please?

November 10, 2010 at 12:51 pm | Report abuse |
  111. jack

This is an example of another extremely uneducated, unintellegent, egotist who thinks he matters. Get a life you idiot.

November 10, 2010 at 12:50 pm | Report abuse |
  112. thinker

kanye? who gives a sh it what kanye thinks? Kanye dislikes bush? One thing they have in common is: the more interviews they do, the more they look like idiots.

November 10, 2010 at 12:50 pm | Report abuse |
  113. Cindy

I love the use of the English Language by Kanye, maybe if he would spend a little more time studying proper English more people might take him serious – because right now he just sounds like an uneducated fool.

November 10, 2010 at 12:47 pm | Report abuse |
  114. Javier

West is a joke. the sad thing is that he's so rich for being a joke. people need to NOT buy his music – that way we can give him a reality check that he's not the greatest person/musician in the world like he thinks he is!

November 10, 2010 at 12:40 pm | Report abuse |
  115. crystalburger

Kanye, quit crying!! if you don't like the 'game' of show business then get out of it and go back to college and get a job, homie!

November 10, 2010 at 12:40 pm | Report abuse |
  116. bethanyg

Kanye West is like the herpes: You never know when you're going to have an outbreak, but when you do, it's not pretty.

November 10, 2010 at 12:40 pm | Report abuse |
  117. thomas

Look at all these haters. Kanye isn't the only person who's said this happened on the today show. So what if he's outspoken? He's one of the biggest acts of the past 25 years...its his perogative. If he's so irrelevant and "nothing to no one" then why are you here commenting about it?

November 10, 2010 at 12:39 pm | Report abuse |
  118. NCole

Uh, you never were "everything to everybody" in the first place!!!!

November 10, 2010 at 12:39 pm | Report abuse |
  119. Brian Brain

I think President Bush has shown nothing but class in this situation, and Kanye just keeps digging the hole deeper. I think this guy has a serious problem.

November 10, 2010 at 12:39 pm | Report abuse |
    • poppy

Kanye is an idiot; however, if Kanye's comment was the worst moment of Bush's presidency, then Bush is a bigger, self-absorbed idiot. To think that he stood on the rubble of the Twin Towers, sent thousands of American soldiers to their deaths in Iraq, flew over NOLA as Americans starved and drowned in Katrina, and drove the nation's economy into a recession, I'm absolutely flabbergasted that anyone would have any respect whatsoever for this man. A personal comment by a rap singer was worse to him than some of the worst events in American history. Nothing is important to George W, Bush except George W. Bush. He is the lowest of the lowest class.

November 10, 2010 at 1:04 pm | Report abuse |
    • Steve

Poppy, Bush's attack from Kanye was not the "worst event" of his presidency, he considered it the worst personal attack on his character. In his mind, being called a racist to millions of people by an influential pop-star WAS worse than criticism of Katrina, 9/11, economy, wars. People have the right to criticize over actual events/actions, but what Kanye said was a straight-up lie.

November 10, 2010 at 1:37 pm | Report abuse |
  120. Alex

I use to like West but after the last few incidents in the media, I really don't care for him anymore. Its unfortunate that when some of these celebrities use Twitter and the media to express their opinions they come off looking like total idiots. WEST is one of them! It still bothers me what he did to that singer at the award show.

November 10, 2010 at 12:39 pm | Report abuse |
  121. Nat

Miss Swan...while aide may not have been fast to the people of N.O. ..if u want to see people rotting and dying look @ Haiti..only people helping them r missionaries...out of all their money Clinton has only used a million on shelters...and they arent even finished!

November 10, 2010 at 12:38 pm | Report abuse |
    • cyberpolice

As poor and ill informed as the statement MS Swan made, she was referring to things that have happened in America and a comment that was relevent to the topic at hand.

November 10, 2010 at 5:52 pm | Report abuse |
  122. Dave

Oh Matt Lauer forced my answers, it was brutal. Pansy

November 10, 2010 at 12:37 pm | Report abuse |
  123. jessie

Kanye, grow up. matt lauer, your amazing. kanye, your music sucks as you do, go disappear into your little golddiggin hole and stay there.

November 10, 2010 at 12:36 pm | Report abuse |
  124. Mcboo

Kanye is an idiot, but even idiots can be right once in a while.

And of course he has an agenda – boost his & the network's ratongs. It's not news anymore, it's called sensationalism & entertainment Kanye. You know, get up on a stage or other public forum & make an ass of yourself just for the attention. You should be familiar with that!

November 10, 2010 at 12:35 pm | Report abuse |
  125. grammied

kanye...GROW UP !!!!

November 10, 2010 at 12:35 pm | Report abuse |
  126. tidho

The Today Show has an agenda just like everyone else in the media. I'm sure they weren't pleased with Bush coming off looking as good as he did. The whole reason you have Kanye on after that is to undermine Bush. If he's not doing that willingly you have ot force the issue like Lauer ded.

November 10, 2010 at 12:35 pm | Report abuse |
  127. Betty

Kanye West? Who is that?

November 10, 2010 at 12:34 pm | Report abuse |
    • cyberpolice

Kanye Omari West born June 8, 1977 is an American rapper, singer and record producer for Roc-A-Fella Records.

November 10, 2010 at 4:27 pm | Report abuse |
  128. Modabella

Kanye West is a joke....he needs to take responsibility for his actions. Don't do interviews anymore, thats cool – you only make yourself look bad when you do them....why do you think people want to interview you....to make you look like a fool.

November 10, 2010 at 12:32 pm | Report abuse |
  129. Dave

Just another piece of urban trash with a "the man is out to get me, so I have an excuse to be an ignorant a55hole" complex. money and success can't make ignorant trash smart and classy

November 10, 2010 at 12:31 pm | Report abuse |
  130. Miss Swan

I think George Bush rounding up and letting thousands of black people rot, starve, and die after Hurricane Katrina more than backs up Kanye's statements about Bush.

November 10, 2010 at 12:29 pm | Report abuse |
    • Pork

Not a fan of Bush either, but Katrina was hardly his fault. Some people are just too stupid to help. Oh, and Kanye is a poor excuse for a man.

November 10, 2010 at 12:33 pm | Report abuse |
    • Sarah

I don't think that Bush did the best job responding to Hurricane Katrina – but "letting thousands of black people rot, starve...etc" is a little dramatic. In fact, that is just a really stupid statement and lacks any intelligence period.
      Besides, I didn't realize that there were only black people that lived there? Kanye is ignorant and you are too.

November 10, 2010 at 12:39 pm | Report abuse |
    • Shut up

Yeah, like all that he did for Africa (more than any other president)

I can't stand Bush (but respect him) and I love Kanyes music (but see he's a d bag sometimes)

So think before you say some stupid shiz and repeat someones bs

November 10, 2010 at 12:42 pm | Report abuse |
    • h

Not a Bush fan either but he did not bring on Katrina. And if help did not come quickly I would have figured out a way out or to help. The world is not setup to give handouts to everyone. That affair ended up as survival of the fittest.

November 10, 2010 at 1:13 pm | Report abuse |
    • Steven Seagal

Can you think of a better time to round them up than when it's hard for them to get away? Bush saw low hanging fruit and picked it.

November 10, 2010 at 1:40 pm | Report abuse |
    • cyberpolice

I do not know of a single person who has the power to force a large group of people to move into a city.

November 10, 2010 at 4:23 pm | Report abuse |
  131. Jeff

Kanye West is a COMPLETE joke! When you look at him you see ALL of the things that you would NEVER want to be!

November 10, 2010 at 12:29 pm | Report abuse |
  132. Tony O

Your attention please! Kanye is a turd. Please make note of it for future reference. That is all.

November 10, 2010 at 12:27 pm | Report abuse |
    • cyberpolice

Kanye West is actually a human being, unlike Lil Wayne who is not.

November 10, 2010 at 4:18 pm | Report abuse |
  133. cheefsfury

KANYE IMA LET YOU FINISH, BUT FIRST I GOTTA TALK ABOUT KATIE KOURIC

November 10, 2010 at 12:26 pm | Report abuse |
  134. Cindy

Dan, yes, Lauer is a genius compared to Kanye.

November 10, 2010 at 12:26 pm | Report abuse |
  135. kanye sucks

who listens to the crap he calls music anyway! lucky for him being a popular musican requires no talent these days or he would be working at a car wash! if you suck as bad as he does you have to do something to keep your name out there!

November 10, 2010 at 12:25 pm | Report abuse |
    • cyberpolice

Kanye West is a multi platinum selling recording artist, so obviously millions of people listen to him.

November 10, 2010 at 4:13 pm | Report abuse |
  136. Yogi

let's have a toast for the douce bags

November 10, 2010 at 12:24 pm | Report abuse |
    • cyberpolice

Might i inquire as to where one can obtain a "bag of douce?"

November 10, 2010 at 5:40 pm | Report abuse |
  137. meadowmuffin

Kanye is a nut...and he looks like a crazy squirrel

November 10, 2010 at 12:24 pm | Report abuse |
  138. Drew

Kanye, your are nothing to no one

November 10, 2010 at 12:23 pm | Report abuse |
  139. andy

Kayne, do us all a favor and just put one in your ear.

November 10, 2010 at 12:23 pm | Report abuse |
    • cyberpolice

By "put one in your ear," I am assuming you mean one ear from some headphones as you desperately want Kanye to hear your demo tape. Just a word of advice: saying "please" always helps!

November 10, 2010 at 4:16 pm | Report abuse |
  140. Tigger1215

Let's all have a pitty party for Kanye – we'll invite all the people he's insulted over the years. The award shows – not just the Taylor Swift fiasco – all the other ones where he jumped on stage & declared that he should have been the winner or yelled from the audience. Matt sure didn't seem like he had an agenda & so what if he did, Kanye's comments about George Bush in addition to being insulting did not belong at a concert honoring people who lost their lives & first responders on Sept 11th. Kanye admits that he was angry when he slammed the President so why did it take him so long to admit it? (I was going to say apologize, but he never did) No one is interested in your opinion Kanye so – good idea, you said it yourself – Stop talking to the media!!

November 10, 2010 at 12:23 pm | Report abuse |
    • mika

Kanye, you know you're doing great when you have a lot of haters!!! Give yourself a pat on the back!!! :-) They hate you make the money!!!!

November 10, 2010 at 12:57 pm | Report abuse |
  141. MadCityBabe

Kanye please shut the H E L L UP!.....If you dont want the press, dont make the music you're so desparately trying to promote!.......and stop saying stupid S H ____ T!

November 10, 2010 at 12:22 pm | Report abuse |
  142. tank

What a self absorbed idiot he (West) is. He is irrelevant. follow up on your promise Kanye and just disappear there are enough buttheads in the world without you adding to the inventory.

November 10, 2010 at 12:21 pm | Report abuse |
    • MadCityBabe

I so agree with you

November 10, 2010 at 12:23 pm | Report abuse |
    • KiddSS

Me three. Kanye feel free to do something else really stupid so we can all laugh and point!

November 10, 2010 at 1:46 pm | Report abuse |
    • mcota

Poor K West he's so mentally challenged. Matt L rules and knows how to kick butt.

November 10, 2010 at 2:18 pm | Report abuse |
  143. dave

It's all about "Kanye" as usual. Makes a statement then can't back it up."W" was very classy in his response about "Kanye's" statement on MTV. Grow up "Kanye"!

November 10, 2010 at 12:21 pm | Report abuse |
  144. hiphop fan

Kanye isnt who we should support, CHECK THIS DUDES MUSIC OUT, SOOO GOOD http://www.reverbnation.com/tdatrufe

November 10, 2010 at 12:21 pm | Report abuse |
    • lilred

how can you say "WE"...possibly YOU don't care to listen, but he does have fans who do. As far as the Today Show....never agree to be interviewed by a REAL journalist if you have things to hide....they are there to get the story that the majority would like to know!

November 10, 2010 at 1:45 pm | Report abuse |
  145. Kate

I believe Kanye. I remember Howard Stern saying the exact same thing about the Today Show. Before the cameras roll the "host" is all chatty. When the lights go on they steer the agenda and paint the picture. I don't know anything about Kanye as a celebrity or performer. Nothing. I believe what he is saying is consistent with other stories I've heard about doing interviews on that show.

November 10, 2010 at 12:20 pm | Report abuse |
  146. KLOUD MAKER

KANYE.....WELCOME TO THE JUNGLE..... MATT LAP-DOGG IS A P.O.S. AND CELEB WANNA-BE. DON'T SWEAT THE SMALL STUFF.... AND SUFFER TOOL BAGS GLADLY...
    OF COURSE HE HAS AN AGENDA LIKE KATIE "MARX" COURIC AND NANCY "LENON" PELOSI!
    PEACE OUT BRO

November 10, 2010 at 12:19 pm | Report abuse |
    • Kloud

Kloud, let me give you an analogy you'll understand...

You come to my house fully knowing that I'm going to slap you down. So when you get slapped down, why would complain you that you didn't see that coming when you knew full well it was inevitable?

November 10, 2010 at 12:28 pm | Report abuse |
    • j

Give me a break. And if you wish to refer to past leaders – lenon is really lenin, you dolt. Oh, and since you won't know what that is: A person who is stupid and entirely tedious at the same time. Many times they are oblivious to their own mental incapacity.

November 10, 2010 at 1:09 pm | Report abuse |
    • Ebaum

Obvious troll is obvious

November 10, 2010 at 1:29 pm | Report abuse |
  147. Dan

Kanye might suck on a personal level but he's no where near how bad the media is.

November 10, 2010 at 12:19 pm | Report abuse |
  148. Melinda

Kanye is a piece of garbage – the press shouldn't give him any air time ...

November 10, 2010 at 12:17 pm | Report abuse |
    • mika

honey he cares nothing about you & your little comment!

November 10, 2010 at 12:52 pm | Report abuse |
    • Steven Seagal

Mika, I hate to tell you this, but he cares nothing about you either.

November 10, 2010 at 1:36 pm | Report abuse |
    • KiddSS

Yeah, but I sure liked her comment. Way to go Melinda.

Gange West is a clown.

November 10, 2010 at 1:43 pm | Report abuse |
    • mcota

I agree, what a dork that he considered the interview with Matt brutal. You know what was brutal? What he did to Taylor Swift, now that was low class, ignorant, and a person that lacks education and knowledge does that. West likes picking on girls and not man enought to deal with the real world and real men like Matt B.

November 10, 2010 at 2:11 pm | Report abuse |
    • cyberpolice

Kanye West is actually a person though popular belief is currently that he is a "POS."

November 10, 2010 at 4:10 pm | Report abuse |
  149. Cindy

What a joke, Kanye West taking on Matt Lauer in a battle of wits. Sorry West but you will lose that one.

November 10, 2010 at 12:17 pm | Report abuse |
  150. Yogi

Kanye sounds like a big "cry baby". He brought this upon himself.

November 10, 2010 at 12:15 pm | Report abuse |
  151. Shon

Hardly a "SLAM", CNN.

November 10, 2010 at 12:13 pm | Report abuse |
    • kiki

Kanye is very talented but, he needs to be more humble.

November 10, 2010 at 12:35 pm | Report abuse |
    • joe

Why is Kane West still relevant??

November 10, 2010 at 1:48 pm | Report abuse |
    • Nick

Because he makes people money, Joe. That's all it takes.

November 10, 2010 at 2:00 pm | Report abuse |
    • GiGi

Kanye, you just need to shut your mouth . . . it's not the press, it's not everyone else, it's not someone else's agenda, you're just stupid and impetuous. Next time you get the urge to say something . . . DON'T!!

November 10, 2010 at 2:51 pm | Report abuse |
    • BFD

Ok, this from a boy who interrupted someone else's award acceptance speech. He still hasn't grown up. Obviously he's afraid of living with the consequences of his own actions.

Really Kanye, how childish.

November 10, 2010 at 3:44 pm | Report abuse |
    • jb2400

What a HUGE baby West is. Get him a diaper. The best thing that comes from this is he might not do any more interviews. He thinks that's a threat. LOL.

November 11, 2010 at 10:18 am | Report abuse |
    • T-BOI

Everybody needs to fallback off Kanye. Freedom of speech is what I thought he expressed. People didn't like what he had to say but the truth hurts. I don't feel people should have to sugarcoat they're words for nodoby, especially the media. Stay true to You Kanye.

November 11, 2010 at 10:23 am | Report abuse |
    • T-BOI

Oh, & he never officially apologized. All he said is that he should've choose his words differently based on he didn't have enough evidence to support his statement he made concerning Katrina.

November 11, 2010 at 10:37 am | Report abuse |