Will Ferrell tops Forbes list of overpaid actors
November 5th, 2010

Will Ferrell tops Forbes list of overpaid actors

Will Ferrell may bring on big laughs, but big box office? Not so much.

For the second year in the row, the comic has landed himself at the top of Forbes's Overpaid Actors List.

To come up with its Top 10 – which counts movies made prior to June 2010 - Forbes looked at the three most recent films of the actors on its Celebrity 100 list. It then calculated the money raked in from the theatrical, DVD, and TV releases of those films, factored in production budgets, and compared the final figure to the star's salary.

Forbes found that Ferrell's films "Land of the Lost," "Semi-Pro" and "Step Brothers" earned only $3.35 for each $1 he was paid.

However, Forbes notes that Ferrell could fare better on next year's list, since his recent film, "The Other Guys," earned $160 million on an estimated budget of $100 million.

But Ferrell isn't the only A-lister who may not be worth his or her keep. Here are Forbes's other overpaid actors, including how much their films earn for every dollar they're paid: Eddie Murphy ($4.45), Denzel Washington ($5.10), Seth Rogen ($6.75), Tom Cruise ($7.20), Drew Barrymore ($7.45), Matt Damon ($8.30), Vince Vaughn ($8.35), Adam Sandler ($8.45), Jim Carrey ($8.60).

1. jordan 1 retro

That's a nice post.He argued that the "primary office" of a newspaper is accurate news reporting: in his words, "comment is free, but facts are sacred"http://jordan1reteo.blogspot.jp/

September 11, 2013 at 5:41 am | Report abuse |
  2. ME623

I can't see how Denzel is on this list. There are so many others that I think are overpaid, but Denzel is not 1 of them.

November 10, 2010 at 9:05 am | Report abuse |
  3. JMO

My favorite Will Ferrell movie is ELF – he was funny and versatile. Will Ferrell rocks!

November 10, 2010 at 2:53 am | Report abuse |
  4. Dan

What do you people not get? This isn't an opinion based article. They're simply stating it based on the numbers.

November 9, 2010 at 6:48 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Tyler V

Denzel is great. I dont think the list is for quality of the actor. Its the cost/income ratio between their salaries and the films they are in is all. It's not a critque of how good the actors are.

November 9, 2010 at 3:26 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Randy

Will Ferrell is definetly overpaid but Denzel Washington? He is one of the best best actors out there! Thats rediculous that he would be placed on that list.

November 9, 2010 at 10:31 am | Report abuse |
  7. Danny

Only OK Will Ferrell movie is Stanger than Fiction, and thats only because he acts like a normal person, unlike the rest of his films

November 8, 2010 at 8:33 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Maureen

Denzel. I'll watch any movie you are in! You are one of my faves.

November 8, 2010 at 8:17 pm | Report abuse |
  9. http://twitter.com/AtlPartyCrasher

Sorry spelled (Atlanta)

November 8, 2010 at 4:27 pm | Report abuse |
  10. http://twitter.com/AtlPartyCrasher

I'm also so tired of these horrible singers. Bad actors But Sorry Den Washington is not over paid. I'm also so tired of movie studios coming to Ga, (Atlnata) and not hiring the homeless tobe extras or work behind the scenes. They Get tax breaks. http://twitter.com/AtlPartyCrasher

November 8, 2010 at 4:23 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Dennis

Where is Ben Affleck and Hugh Grant on this awful list??? If they are in any movie i don't watch it. I also agree Nicholas Cage is hard to watch also. Denzel is a great actor but aftter a while every one has seen your best efforts and you begin to play your self over and over (example- Robert De Niro and Al Pacino they were two of our greatest but now they haven't surprised us with their skills in a long time). Right now Johhny Depp and Di Caprio are the young guns and then they'll too fade with time and so it goes.

November 8, 2010 at 10:01 am | Report abuse |
  12. jon

There hasn't been a single Will Ferrell movie that I've had even the remotest interest in seeing on the Big Screen. I've thought he was not only overpaid, but overrated.

November 8, 2010 at 9:44 am | Report abuse |
  13. Frank

He peaked in the "Cowbell Skit" with Chris Walken. Every few years we have the BIG NEW COMEDIAN and then.......
    He'll be doing a Sit Com in a few years.

November 8, 2010 at 9:38 am | Report abuse |
  14. CC

To the Jennifer Aniston detractors you obviously don't keep up with the news. Forbes 2010 list for actresses had Jennifer tied at #3 with Meryl Streep with them earning $21 for every dollar they are paid. Last year Jennifer was #6 earning $26 for every dollar she was paid. Whether you like her or not, she keeps getting projects because she makes money for the investors.

November 8, 2010 at 9:28 am | Report abuse |
  15. Ryan

I can't help but feel Megan Fox should be on this list. She is terrible.

November 8, 2010 at 9:14 am | Report abuse |
  16. Aficionado

Seth Rogan couldn't carry Will Ferrels jock strap..

November 8, 2010 at 9:03 am | Report abuse |
  17. Jorge

If you based judgement for being overpaid on redeeming value, I'd have to go with many modern urban music artists and pro football players. These folks really don't make any positive cultural contribution to society when they carry on like laws and social rules are not made for them and after they are called out fare far better than when your average Joe lives a standup life and makes an honest mistake. As far as I'm concerned, these people, who are widely idolized for the wrong reasons, are part of what's wrong with the U.S.

November 8, 2010 at 8:32 am | Report abuse |
  18. jim atmadison

I'd never sit through a Will Farrell movie, let alone pay for it, and he's an automatic 'click' when I see him on television.

I don't think he's ever made me smile, let alone laugh.

November 8, 2010 at 8:11 am | Report abuse |
  19. saganhill

All actors are over paid. Same with producers, and the heads of the MPAA. Nevermind that the grunts on the gorund who make the movie happen get hardly anything compared to what these diva's get.

November 8, 2010 at 8:02 am | Report abuse |
  20. Gman

This list sounds bogus and convoluted.

November 8, 2010 at 7:44 am | Report abuse |
  21. Kesha

Teachers and nurses and firefighters and police, as well as others are the ones who deserve the high salary! Protecting us, teaching our children, saving lives is a little more important to society!

November 8, 2010 at 6:28 am | Report abuse |
  22. Howard

You can't be overpaid if someone is willing to pay you that salary. If hollywood has that much money to pay out on some of the absolute crap they are making then they should not be complaining about how little they pull in after it is released

November 8, 2010 at 5:54 am | Report abuse |
  23. Ak member

Well all i have to say is i really don't like his movies latley they're all the same " OH COME ON" . Over and over but he's still making the cash well at least my tax money aint going towards welfare i guess. Oh yeah he sucks...

November 8, 2010 at 4:26 am | Report abuse |
  24. svName*

Shia labouf...transformers guy.

November 7, 2010 at 11:57 pm | Report abuse |
  25. Floria Sigmundi

He can't act he shouts extempourusly

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUJ4bL6O3uw&w=640&h=390]

November 7, 2010 at 11:23 pm | Report abuse |
  26. keith Stone

Mario, You are wrong Colonel Sanders. Learn grammar as well please...

November 7, 2010 at 9:06 pm | Report abuse |
  27. Will Ferrell

$48 million opening weekend for MegaMinds! How do ya like me now?

November 7, 2010 at 9:00 pm | Report abuse |
    • Howard

Sorry to disappoint you, but viewers went to see a cartoon, not you. You just happened to be a voice in the film. I don’t choose to see an animated film because of whose voices are behind the characters; I go to see the story. I choose not to see your films because you are in them and I don’t like you as an actor or the stories you make films about.

November 8, 2010 at 6:01 am | Report abuse |
    • firemanswife

Hater...

November 8, 2010 at 6:20 am | Report abuse |
    • Will Ferrell

@Howard, dude, $48m is $48m. What did you do this weekend, mow the lawn & pick up dog poooo?

November 8, 2010 at 7:40 am | Report abuse |
  28. keith Stone

-D...
    You don't have it in you.

November 7, 2010 at 8:59 pm | Report abuse |
  29. D

This artical was random, and clearly its topic is not what people really want to talk about...

November 7, 2010 at 8:00 pm | Report abuse |
  30. Stephen

Denzel Washingtion is so over-rated. Russell Crow should have won the award for A Beautiful Mind, not DW for saying F this and F that in a typical Rated R cop movie. That was criminal. I wonder why half the audience didn't bother clapping.

November 7, 2010 at 7:11 pm | Report abuse |
  31. keithmoore1

This article is a bunch of empty hype. First, it's not the actor's fault if the film is any good or not–writing trumps all. Second...why aren't the various studio executives put under this financial microscope? Their numbers would make these actors look like they're paid minimum wage.

November 7, 2010 at 6:59 pm | Report abuse |
  32. Mario

Adam Sandler is horrible, I don't why his films make money at all they're awful.

November 7, 2010 at 6:56 pm | Report abuse |
  33. Rob

If the Actor brings in more profit money for the film than what they would have made then it is good money spent. Face it if the big name actor was not in the movie it would have not done as well at the box office. It is just like saying players of sports are making too much. If the player makes the team win and makes a huge difference well it may be worth the huge pay.

November 7, 2010 at 5:44 pm | Report abuse |
  34. Johnny

I strongly disagree. An actor's worth his how much he generates at the box office and through online media sales/rentals. Will Farell is one of the biggest draws there is. Sell a lot of movies? Make a lot of money! Capitalism working just fine.

November 7, 2010 at 5:10 pm | Report abuse |
  35. Miss Overstanding

These comments are more interesting than the article LMBO!!

November 7, 2010 at 3:56 pm | Report abuse |
  36. andy

stranger than fiction was awesome, as was A winters passing. hes a funny guy and brings in an audience, its not his fault hes overpaid, its ours..

November 7, 2010 at 2:39 pm | Report abuse |
  37. Commentor9

Looks to me like WF makes the studios enough to pay for himself plus some.

To me,that is a sign of a worthwhile invvestment; not necessarily a superlative investment, but certainly a worthwhile one.

November 7, 2010 at 2:10 pm | Report abuse |
  38. papapa

3 movies isn't much of a sample size...just sayin...

November 7, 2010 at 12:35 pm | Report abuse |
  39. kapl

Does anyone actually read the articles anymore. It explains how they determine who is over paid and says nothing about the acting skills. So for all you dopes that talk about Aniston and Denzell and how good or bad their acting is maybe you should take a reading comprehension class cause this isnt the forum

November 7, 2010 at 11:47 am | Report abuse |
  40. RKS

LAME. YOU KNOW WILL FERRELL IS THE BOMB. YOU KNOW YOU WANT TO LAUGH. LOOK AT THE LIST THERE IS A LOT OF FUNNY PEOPLE. SETH ROGEN, ADAM SANDLER, VINCE VAUGHN, AND JIM CARREY. GET REAL. THESE GUYS HAVE ALL THE FUNNIEST MOVIES OF THE PAST 10 YEARS. ITS NOT THEIR FAULT THAT GOING TO THE MOVIES HAS BECOME SO EXPENSIVE PEOPLE COULD JUST WAIT FOR THE DVD. YOU SHOULDNT HAVE TO SACRAFICE YOUR FIRST BORN TO SEE A MOVIE AND EAT OLD POPCORN. PEACE

November 7, 2010 at 11:41 am | Report abuse |
  41. grr

'did you touch my drumset?' 'no' 'then why are you so sweaty?' 'i was watching cops' :D

November 7, 2010 at 11:40 am | Report abuse |
  42. Will

I'm not over paid, I DRIVE A DODGE STRATUS!!!!!

November 7, 2010 at 11:33 am | Report abuse |
  43. bob

It is pathetic to rate an actor on their pay vs profit. The writers, director, editor, the entire team share responsibility in the success or failure of a film; just like any other project.

November 7, 2010 at 10:39 am | Report abuse |
  44. erick

Funny that so many people took this article to mean that certain actors are "good" or not. This is a simple financial computation comparing how much money the movie brought in versus how much the lead actor was paid. What it says is that for the people making the movie, Will Ferrell is the most expensive in terms of return on investment. At the end of the day, that is the only thing that the movie financiers care about.

November 7, 2010 at 10:30 am | Report abuse |
  45. Kappah

I love Will Ferrell in non-starring roles. He is too over-the-top to be the only lead male. Point in case: Old School.

November 7, 2010 at 9:42 am | Report abuse |
  46. kevin h

while he may not be my fave comic, farrel is none the less a proven money maker at the box office, which is all the investors care about.

November 7, 2010 at 9:26 am | Report abuse |
  47. Madea

What is this, pick on WF Month? Johnny Knoxville rakes in mad cash for serv'n crap (I just threw up in my mouth) and being shot outta an outhouse and nobodies complain'n about how much he get's paid. I think you're all high on hatorade. Will, do your thing...

November 7, 2010 at 7:54 am | Report abuse |
  48. Dave

What about Nick Cage.. he is the worst actor ever and still gets movie after movie. Do his movies really rake in that much money?

November 7, 2010 at 7:54 am | Report abuse |
  49. D Man

Tom Bosley rocks !

November 7, 2010 at 7:00 am | Report abuse |
  50. Troy

Will Farrel has always been about 0.000001% as funny as he thinks he is; that's why I always tune out anything he is in.

November 7, 2010 at 6:23 am | Report abuse |
  51. notretarded

are u ppl serious? u do realize that this forbes list has nothin to do with personal opinion right? regardless of how great or crappy an actor is. alot of well known and very talented actors made the list, but if a actor decides to do a low budget or independent film, of course its going to drop their salary-to-moviegross ratio. these are well established actors who can basically pick and choose which movies they want to star in. and i dont think they really care about your senseless comments. theyre still making their millions.

November 7, 2010 at 6:10 am | Report abuse |
  52. ElPrez

f* off America dont take ur comedy so serious!!!

but really though Eddie Izzard needs to get back on drag!!!

November 7, 2010 at 5:00 am | Report abuse |
  53. echizzles

As I read these reviews I realize that there are a whole lot of hateful people in the world. He's funny to me, heck he made me laugh.

November 7, 2010 at 3:00 am | Report abuse |
  54. Alberto Cardenas

Let's now forget the giant corporations first, mmmm...thank you $CNN$.

November 7, 2010 at 2:04 am | Report abuse |
  55. E G

I agree with this. He's an okay comic actor but not worth what he's getting paid.

November 7, 2010 at 1:35 am | Report abuse |
  56. jenna

He is not funny at all. I think that he sucks and he is overpaid. It is time to take out the non talent and bring back the talent. That should leave us with none.

November 7, 2010 at 1:21 am | Report abuse |
  57. D Man

Love Andy Griff. Love it along with Tom Bosely.

November 6, 2010 at 11:59 pm | Report abuse |
  58. Gitmonationnorth

Vince Vaughn needs to go really far away...
    I certainly have not contributed ti his earnings and never will...type cast actor at best, forgettable and seriously bad comedic actor...
    and yes I make more money than ge does..
    Good luck with the next 3 chick flicks Dood..!!

November 6, 2010 at 10:49 pm | Report abuse |
  59. yme

Read thru 19 posts, to finaly see what I was thinking:
    I need more cowbell!

November 6, 2010 at 10:29 pm | Report abuse |
  60. theeastersheep

Kids! Individuals have personal taste and opinions. This will determine what movies, books, art, actors, authors, artists, food, etc. that a person enjoys. Why not argue about something that actually matters?

November 6, 2010 at 10:15 pm | Report abuse |
  61. Lori

Watch andy griffith reruns! Now thats comedy!

November 6, 2010 at 9:28 pm | Report abuse |
  62. D Man

Tom Bosley ?

November 6, 2010 at 7:52 pm | Report abuse |
  63. John Dobyns

Who are the top 10 actors that pull in the most for their salary?

November 6, 2010 at 7:46 pm | Report abuse |
  64. D Man

I think the teachers , Police , firemen's pensions should be halved. Country can't afford it !

November 6, 2010 at 7:44 pm | Report abuse |
  65. D Man

If you don't find Wil Farrell's work humorous. Simply avoid his work. I couldn't name a Will Farrel movie and feel good about that. Maybe if I was sick and bedridden for months I would entertain the thought.

November 6, 2010 at 7:37 pm | Report abuse |
  66. Daniel Troppy

And to think that some people actually think our local firemen, policemen & school teachers make more than their share...

November 6, 2010 at 7:34 pm | Report abuse |
  67. Sarah Palin

Out in Hollywood, they are all overpaid, you all know that......so now I have to go do something that costs me nothing...oh yeah, the moose pays for it with his life, but me I saved my pennies for the tub o' popcorn.

November 6, 2010 at 5:22 pm | Report abuse |
  68. Maltheus

I'm agnostic but Ferrel has me believing in deals with the devil. Puppies with cancer make me laugh harder, yet he gets promoted more heavily than any other actor I've seen, and as this article points out, his films are always duds. He probably knows where some bodies are buried or something. Seriously, puppies with cancer. Never brought the slightest grin ever.

November 6, 2010 at 5:15 pm | Report abuse |
  69. travis

Once again pick on ethnic actors. The top actors' list begins with five caucasians. The top five over paid includes Murphy and Washington. Oh well.

November 6, 2010 at 5:06 pm | Report abuse |
  70. YS213

Denzel overpaid ? I'm surprsed to see his name on there .

November 6, 2010 at 5:00 pm | Report abuse |
  71. Bill Barrell

Farrell is another one of those second-rate Saturday Night Live actors who takes a 3 minute skit character and builds a film career on it. He's just not funny enough to carry 90 or 120 minutes of film. He plays the same wall-eyed schmuck in every role he's ever done. Imagine my immense disappointment when I scored tickets to The Daily Show and Will turned up as the guest, flogging his latest limp flick. He can "cow bell" my highly freckled Irish buttocks!

November 6, 2010 at 4:40 pm | Report abuse |
  72. scroo yoo

ANYONE who makes more than a million dollars in a single year is overpaid,period

November 6, 2010 at 4:29 pm | Report abuse |
  73. Buddy the Elf

'FRANCISCO... that's fun to say!'

November 6, 2010 at 3:46 pm | Report abuse |
  74. @Name*Steven

THANK YOU!!!! It IS exremely painful & it is somewhat encouraging that I am not the only one to notice.

November 6, 2010 at 3:37 pm | Report abuse |
  75. darla

Forbes rating actors as a function of revenue? Stay in your own world and justify CEO pay for performance and let the entertainers entertain us without a bottom line justification. Woody Allen films rarely earn enough to justify another venture but usually pay the expenses plus a little for the backers. The richness of our culture in film and other art forms can't be measured by the accountant's idea of success let alone some Forbes editor whose perspective is red or black-as in ink on a ledger.

November 6, 2010 at 3:14 pm | Report abuse |
  76. Mr.Britt

i like turtles

November 6, 2010 at 2:26 pm | Report abuse |
  77. kh

As far as danger of the job, stress of the job, and total hours worked go: Aren't most famous actors overpaid?

November 6, 2010 at 2:18 pm | Report abuse |
  78. D Man

I prefer Tom Bosley to Wilbur Farrell. Tom Bosley was excellent in the cartoon " Wait till your father gets home "

November 6, 2010 at 2:03 pm | Report abuse |
  79. Curtis

I CANT STAND WILL FERRELL and ADAM SANDLER!! They are NOT funny and if anything, annoying. I will not watch any movie they are in just because I know its going to be a BAD movie with crap humor. I don't even know how they continue to find work!

November 6, 2010 at 2:00 pm | Report abuse |
  80. D Man

Overpaid = Actors. Underpaid = Bankers

November 6, 2010 at 1:46 pm | Report abuse |
  81. D Man

All actors and athletes are over paid.

November 6, 2010 at 1:45 pm | Report abuse |
  82. arthur

In this world of ours,you dont need talent anymore to make high dollars

November 6, 2010 at 1:40 pm | Report abuse |
  83. Billy bjsquithead

Movies r dead. Overrated industry. But not as much overpaid morons as pro sports. The fans are idiots so it all continues.

November 6, 2010 at 1:16 pm | Report abuse |
  84. gmrpop Name*

Why is do we as patrons need to know? That,s between employeran employee. Wright? We enjoy the film or not or do you publish this to affect the market.

November 6, 2010 at 1:10 pm | Report abuse |
  85. canuckguy

Stupid article. I would rather pay $300 million to a guy if it causes my movie to make 1 billion (ratio 3.33 to 1 which they consider overpaid). It beats paying an actor $1 million and having a movie gross $10 million (ratio 10 to 1 which they don't consider overpaid)

November 6, 2010 at 12:11 pm | Report abuse |
  86. hushupp

Forbes would do better to publish an Overpaid CEOs list for 2010 !!

November 6, 2010 at 12:06 pm | Report abuse |
  87. NotDumb

I'm a graduate student in a mathematics program, so i don't consider myself dumb, and I like Will Ferrel movies. Everybody has their own tastes when it comes to movies and humor. If because you don't enjoy a certain type of humor you call it dumb, you might be the ignorant one.

November 6, 2010 at 11:34 am | Report abuse |
  88. UnclePat

He also tops the list of the most over-rated.

November 6, 2010 at 11:10 am | Report abuse |
  89. WhiteKong78

I would agree that it's a right wing conspiracy. What??? I can't believe someone would even bring up politics in this post. Get a life, run for office, write your congressmen, or shut up.

November 6, 2010 at 10:56 am | Report abuse |
  90. Big T

Are you going to publish my comment???

November 6, 2010 at 10:31 am | Report abuse |
  91. Eternalsgirl

Anchorman by far one of the funniest movies of all time!

November 6, 2010 at 10:21 am | Report abuse |
  92. umumu

Oh, it's a list in *Forbes*... what a surprise that they think it's the actors who are overpaid rather than, y'know, the people who get all the rest of the money.

November 6, 2010 at 9:23 am | Report abuse |
  93. W. Perry

Over paid, over rated, and egotistical smarta**.

November 6, 2010 at 9:11 am | Report abuse |
  94. Name*Steven

It's depressing to see how many of you are bad writers. And 95 percent of you don't know it, which is even more depressing. Trying to decipher what you are desperately trying to say is excruciating. Then again, I shouldn't be surprised. Look at the article's subject matter.

November 6, 2010 at 8:32 am | Report abuse |
  95. Anne

I've always found him to egotistic, never could see the humor in him. Never could stand him.

November 6, 2010 at 7:47 am | Report abuse |
  96. Randy

He needs better material and directing.

November 6, 2010 at 7:05 am | Report abuse |
  97. Jon

I have never seen anyone try as hard to be funny as Ferrell and in everything I've seen him in I have yet to laugh. All that work for nothing. His entire career is a result of hype.

November 6, 2010 at 6:53 am | Report abuse |
  98. Haven

Ferrel is funniest and his movies do better when he's a supporting member or a co-star. any movie staring ferrel as the leading role sucks.

November 6, 2010 at 6:05 am | Report abuse |
  99. JHaas

He has a cult following so it must be reassuring for the producers to know that they have some kind of guarantee they'll have a minimum return. I guess that's why people keep overpaying him because producers don't keep banking on him out of charity.

November 6, 2010 at 5:29 am | Report abuse |
  100. Michelle

They are all overpaid, that is why I like horror movies. I usually never heard of the actors and they do a great job.

November 6, 2010 at 3:53 am | Report abuse |
  101. Frank the Tank

bring your green hat, lets go!

November 6, 2010 at 3:01 am | Report abuse |
  102. hunee bunee

His stand up comedy is funee. All his big screen stuff sucks!!

November 6, 2010 at 2:18 am | Report abuse |
  103. 69 forbes

will rock's !! I think elf and the other guy's are master works in comedy. Keep raking it in will u are a true artist!

November 6, 2010 at 2:08 am | Report abuse |
  104. D Man

wait till your father gets home ; does any have any information on that cartoon ? Tom Bosley plays Wil Farrell's alter ego.

November 6, 2010 at 1:56 am | Report abuse |
  105. david

Um, I thought there were going to be refreshments

November 6, 2010 at 12:15 am | Report abuse |
  106. Prisonguard

The next person to post here sleeps in footed purple pajamas!!!

November 6, 2010 at 12:08 am | Report abuse |
  107. bill

Hey, Ma! The meatloaf! We want it now! The meatloaf! … Ma! The meatloaf! F*
    ¤K!

November 5, 2010 at 11:55 pm | Report abuse |
  108. GIRL NEXT DOOR

Will ferrell not funny? Sounds like some people here need to pull the stick out of their a sses. Brangelina should be on this list. Now THEY suck!

November 5, 2010 at 11:53 pm | Report abuse |
  109. bill

Hey, why don't I just go eat some hay,
    make things out of clay, lay by the bay? I just may!

November 5, 2010 at 11:29 pm | Report abuse |
  110. Derik

Hey, why don't I just go eat some hay, make things out of clay, lay by the bay? I just may!

November 5, 2010 at 11:27 pm | Report abuse |
  111. bremen3011

Um.. ALL actors are over payed period.
    There are so many people who work harder and have more important jobs that keep society running then actors and get paid significantly less. Not trying to diminish acting it can be very difficult like remembering lines, and the actual acting it self and the time put into making a movie or TV show but it's not by far worth what these people get paid.
    Out of this list tho I personally would disagree with Jim Carrey, sure he is over payed like all actors are but he isn't overrated in my opinion and most of his movies have done well in the box office.

November 5, 2010 at 10:48 pm | Report abuse |
  112. robblucien

Check him out on Funnyordie, then decide. Who cares how much he gets paid? He doesn't do it for the money anyway, so why are people fixated on this? Get a job, then a sense of humor, in that order. "I play for keeps!"

November 5, 2010 at 10:39 pm | Report abuse |
  113. robblucien

Will Ferrell is awesome, and EXPERIMENTAL. That means that not everything is guaranteed a laugh immediately...but years from now you may "get it". He is a genius, and anyone that thinks he's overpaid or not funny...well they can just "suck it" Trebeck style. That just happened!

November 5, 2010 at 10:35 pm | Report abuse |
  114. IMHO

If the movie is crappy, anyway, and these actors get the people in the theatre, then they should make the most profit. Without them as box office draws the movies would TOTALLY tank!

November 5, 2010 at 10:08 pm | Report abuse |
  115. Wendy

Most overpaid actor in Hollywood...well done!!
    I guess that's what happens when you get to the point where you don't even have to open your mouth and everybody laughs.

November 5, 2010 at 9:46 pm | Report abuse |
  116. r

write

November 5, 2010 at 9:09 pm | Report abuse |
  117. r

Just right a number. Any number.

November 5, 2010 at 9:08 pm | Report abuse |
  118. tas11

Gjtp

November 5, 2010 at 9:07 pm | Report abuse |
  119. stu

PROUD to say i NEVER pd the $12 to see ANY of those no talents on that list!

November 5, 2010 at 8:37 pm | Report abuse |
  120. tas11

I wonder, of the people that say " all actors are overpaid" what is the ratio between those that are just unbelievably ignorant stupid people, and those that are actually communist? Because those really are the only two options. And just so everyone is clear I have no problem with communists in general,if that's a system you believe in then fine with me. Just don't know how many of these fools realize that is what they are spouting

November 5, 2010 at 8:31 pm | Report abuse |
  121. royce

LOL...look at the black freaks in any pro ball....trash trash...and why no bashing them...why this guy...we know what he does at least he is not raping a white girl

November 5, 2010 at 8:25 pm | Report abuse |
  122. tas11

So these must be the people that watch two and a half men, always thought they were made up, i'll be damned. If you say will isn't funny it should be immediately followed by "but I don't really have a sense of humor"

November 5, 2010 at 8:18 pm | Report abuse |
  123. Name*Rasta man

Perfect example of white comedy . This fool averages two movies a year and is a terrible actor .

November 5, 2010 at 8:07 pm | Report abuse |
  124. Jonathan Brett Coupal

"CORNDOGS, Jackie. FREE CORNDOGS for ALL these people."

November 5, 2010 at 8:01 pm | Report abuse |
  125. MarileeBob

Loved him in Stranger Than Fiction, such a great part for him.

I think he's funny, but I haven't been oversaturated with his movies. Old School, his SNL stuff, Stranger Than Fiction, Wedding Crashers, Elf, Silent Rob & Jay Strike Back, his Strangers With Candy stuff...he makes me laugh pretty much whenever he opens his mouth. Actually, he doesn't even have to open his mouth, just him standing there looking like a doofus cracks me up.

November 5, 2010 at 7:35 pm | Report abuse |
    • Graham

I loved "Stranger Than Fiction", too. In that movie, Will Ferrell showed that he can play a role that's not all about being a doofus. Dustin Hoffman and Queen Latifah were the ones who got wasted in that movie – Hoffman, because he actually seemed like he was phoning it in, and Latifah because she just wasn't well utilized.

November 5, 2010 at 10:17 pm | Report abuse |
  126. michael ball

Diva. Yes. Funny. Yes. And I still get a kick outta 3 stooges same ol tired gags. So there.

November 5, 2010 at 7:28 pm | Report abuse |
  127. michael ball

I just laugh myself silly at all these comments and just wonder if all of them r by will himself.

November 5, 2010 at 7:24 pm | Report abuse |
  128. jeff

Will Ferrell is not a funny person.

November 5, 2010 at 7:08 pm | Report abuse |
  129. dan

Denzel is awesome. How can they put him on the list.

November 5, 2010 at 7:08 pm | Report abuse |
  130. TDOG

Stay classy San Diego

November 5, 2010 at 6:29 pm | Report abuse |
  131. Frodo

OMG! Something happened to Lady Di!

November 5, 2010 at 6:25 pm | Report abuse |
  132. @#53

I'll take 'TheRapists' for $500

November 5, 2010 at 6:25 pm | Report abuse |
  133. @#53

I'll take 'TheRapists' for $500!

November 5, 2010 at 6:22 pm | Report abuse |
  134. kd

Well, none of Ferrel's money came from me. He's the worst comedian/comic actor there has ever been.

November 5, 2010 at 6:19 pm | Report abuse |
  135. Joe

every actor is overpaid

November 5, 2010 at 6:14 pm | Report abuse |
  136. heidi

He is a silly actor, if that is what he is in fact doing we will never know. I disgree that Adam Sandler is overpaid, I mean all actors are, but him no more than others because he is the shiznit! Sure same character every time, but its a good one because he reminds ya of someone ya know. Will is exaggerating what he thinks is funny, which makes it not funny anymore. Adam is a dude to drink a beer with.

November 5, 2010 at 6:05 pm | Report abuse |
  137. Sunnysout

I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany

November 5, 2010 at 5:33 pm | Report abuse |
  138. David

I do admit, he has a few good lines in each movie.
    And we did pretend to like the movies just to make the chick happy.
    ; )

November 5, 2010 at 5:26 pm | Report abuse |
  139. @Tramp

You shut your dirty wh0re mouth...

November 5, 2010 at 5:24 pm | Report abuse |
  140. Tramp

Will Ferrell always plays an ignorant moron in all his movies. The problem is I don`t think he`s playing.

November 5, 2010 at 5:21 pm | Report abuse |
    • Sunnysout

Really? You don't think he's playing? How much money do you have in the bank? If I had his money, I'd burn mine.

November 5, 2010 at 5:35 pm | Report abuse |
  141. David

You bloogers who hate the Ferrill just don't get it. You are the smart people. Yes all 13 or so of you. The rest of America is stupid, really stupid. I know y'all don't like the idea of it, but it is true. That is why they like him, reminds them of themselves. If Ferrill was more stupid and boring and less rich he would be like the Americans who enjoy his movies.
    I have watched most of them, but only cause me and the wife were dating some stupid 20 something at the time and she wanted us to see what a comic genius he was. One of many good reasons to dump a girlfriend and get a fresh new one that doesn't irritate us yet.

November 5, 2010 at 5:17 pm | Report abuse |
    • portalpunk

@David, should like your still bitter about your girlfriend dumping you.

November 5, 2010 at 5:56 pm | Report abuse |
  142. Chad Lueloff

Will is cooler than my wife.

November 5, 2010 at 5:16 pm | Report abuse |
  143. Tramp

Will Ferrell is a no talent hack. Always was, always will be.

November 5, 2010 at 5:15 pm | Report abuse |
  144. Blessed Geek

There are two types of investors
    – the one who only trades in big gain stocks, which are also potential big loss stocks.
    – the one who trade in small gain stocks but which consistently at least give you some gains.

There are people who invest in big name movies hoping it to be a multi-block buster. Not everyone is a Berkshire Hathaway or Steven Spielberg.

But there are producers who invest in people like Will Farell, who despite a lower ROI ratio, is a consistent money maker for the producers.

November 5, 2010 at 5:12 pm | Report abuse |
  145. Nice

Jaradee, speaking of Jennifer Aniston and loads... I hear her upcoming film with Adam Sandler will be loads of laughs. What'd you think I was gonna say?

November 5, 2010 at 5:09 pm | Report abuse |
  146. yeahthayguy

Are not all major budget actors overpaid?

November 5, 2010 at 5:05 pm | Report abuse |
  147. its5oclocksomewhere

I'm all jacked up on mt dew!!! I'm gonna come at you like a spider monkey! I'm a drivers wife I don't work! Come on talladega nights was hilarious I don't care who ya are that movie right there was funny! Some of his others lacked some but no single actor is gonna have a hit every time!!!

November 5, 2010 at 4:52 pm | Report abuse |
  148. patricia517

They are all overpaid. The films rot. The screenwriters are doing terrible adaption. Look at Eat, Pray, Love, brilliant book, awful script.... and the list goes on and on. Quality actors can't do much with back scipts. The only movie worth going to for the rest of the year is Harry Potter and even then they usually miss key points of all her books as well. It's a poor state of affairs in Hollywood.

November 5, 2010 at 4:50 pm | Report abuse |
  149. Tallygirl

Will Ferrell is the worst actor ever and except for "Old School" he has never been in a good movie. Why Hollywood continues to hire him, I will never understand.

November 5, 2010 at 4:41 pm | Report abuse |
  150. Porto

What do you expect? The public is dumbing down; their chosen 'hero' has to be a dumbed down version like Will Ferrell too. If anything he does look his part. No wonder Americans are considered simple minded by foreigners.

November 5, 2010 at 4:37 pm | Report abuse |
  151. shibby2

and keep in mind that forbes is a largely conservative magazine...oh wait who are the people who watch comedy the least....oh yeah the conservatives who have no sense of humor. Point made.

November 5, 2010 at 4:26 pm | Report abuse |
    • cal

I don't understand. Forbes empirically proved that he's the most overpaid actor and your argument is that conservatives don't like humor? And somehow, in your mind, you proved a point? If conservatives aren't funny then liberals aren't logical. Be careful how you form your arguments :)

November 6, 2010 at 8:45 am | Report abuse |
  152. Bruce Banner

You guys are crazy... Taledaga Nights, Anchorman, Old School, Elf... Will is funny as hell. The only person who is funnier is Jim Carey.

November 5, 2010 at 4:21 pm | Report abuse |
    • Bobbie

And look, Jim is on this list too. Both are one-dimensional actors at best.

I'll give Carrey credit for trying out different genres though.

November 5, 2010 at 5:21 pm | Report abuse |
  153. Terry

Next up, let's see a "top overpaid directors" list. I want to see how many times Mr. M Night apprars on that one.

November 5, 2010 at 4:18 pm | Report abuse |
    • Bruce Banner

Yeah... M Night makes some terrible movies... 6th sense was great.. Unbreakable was good... Signs was great... Then it went terribly downhill.

November 5, 2010 at 4:25 pm | Report abuse |
  154. @Really?

Hold the phone–Mc Donald's pays $8??????

November 5, 2010 at 3:52 pm | Report abuse |
  155. Jaradee

Shut your mouth about Matt Damon! ;)
    Um, Jennifer Anniston hasn't made a good movie in years, and they're still paying her loads of money.

Elf was awesome! I generally like Will Ferrell, and he should keep taking the money as long as they are willing to give it to him!

November 5, 2010 at 3:51 pm | Report abuse |
  156. freshyfresh

Everyone is saying Will Ferrel plays the role and does the same stuff but all I read on here is people making the same comments... kinda ironic

November 5, 2010 at 3:49 pm | Report abuse |
  157. steve

MAAAA – get some meatloaf!

November 5, 2010 at 3:38 pm | Report abuse |
  158. Thomas in Vancouver

He used to be funny, until it became obvious that he plays the exact same character in every single movie he's every done. There is such a thing as diminishing returns.

November 5, 2010 at 3:33 pm | Report abuse |
  159. LlamaLlamaDuck

Also loved Ferrell as Alex Trebek (sp?) in the Jeopardy skit w/Hammond playing Sean Connery, Fallon playing Adam Sandler, and Stiller as Tom Cruise. Best impression four-some to hit TV.

November 5, 2010 at 3:33 pm | Report abuse |
  160. ugo golden

I am a boy of research

November 5, 2010 at 3:23 pm | Report abuse |
  161. Ken Stokes

Forbes just does a bad job of measuring this figure. The only way to really measure it would be to conjecture how much a movie would make without that actor and compare the figures. All this says is that these actors are acting in a lot of bad movies. For example, no one would have seen The Informant if some no-name actor had been in it instead of Matt Damon.

November 5, 2010 at 3:19 pm | Report abuse |
    • Thomas in Vancouver

Forbes...the magazine that does nothing else but measure the wealth and/or earning power of every person/corporation in the free world...did a "bad job of measuring this figure." Oooooookay.....

November 5, 2010 at 3:37 pm | Report abuse |
    • @Thomas

Or Forbes could print pictures of flowers and puppies just for people like you,.... but then they would make no $ and go belly up and you wouldn't have any pictures to look at..... ahhhhhh

November 5, 2010 at 5:51 pm | Report abuse |
  162. meadowmuffin

I'm a weetard...cause Willie makes me laugh...hehehe...

November 5, 2010 at 3:17 pm | Report abuse |
  163. parker

WILL FERREL IS THE SNIZ SNAP SNACK!!!!!!

November 5, 2010 at 3:09 pm | Report abuse |
  164. harharr

land of the lost is one of the funniest movies ever!! But there aren't too many people that are smart AND have a sense of humor to get it. Yeah I said it!!

November 5, 2010 at 3:07 pm | Report abuse |
    • Curtis

Or maybe there are too many people that ARE smart and your just so dumb that you found it funny and could finally comprehend something that isn't Barney.

November 6, 2010 at 2:14 pm | Report abuse |
  165. butter_art

All Ferrel's work panders to his huge ego. He sucks.

November 5, 2010 at 2:49 pm | Report abuse |
  166. mike

He's not funny. He plays the same character on everything he does. Which is the role of idiot.

November 5, 2010 at 2:46 pm | Report abuse |
    • Rutkus

That may be true in your view, but that has nothing to do with if he is overpaid or not. It's like saying Megan Fox is ugly or can't act, but she's still making big bling while your good looking mug and funny azz is mopping floors.

November 5, 2010 at 2:51 pm | Report abuse |
  167. RB

I'd rather the actors get paid big money, if the alternative is to give that money to executives.

November 5, 2010 at 2:41 pm | Report abuse |
    • portalpunk

absolutly true. if anyone say Will is being overpaid, then by default they are saying the producers/investors are being underpaid, they are just to silly to understand how or why. same with athletes, if Kobe is overpaid, then Jerry Buss is underpaid, unless the relationship is in equilibrium.

November 5, 2010 at 2:47 pm | Report abuse |
    • 2Step

Well said.

November 5, 2010 at 2:53 pm | Report abuse |
    • Scooby Dooo

Rhut Rhooo!!!! Scooby should be rhetting more Scooby Snacks !!!!!

November 5, 2010 at 2:57 pm | Report abuse |
    • Thomas in Vancouver

Wouldn't the alternative be lower ticket prices?

November 5, 2010 at 3:43 pm | Report abuse |
    • portalpunk

@thomas in theory you would like each movie to be able to charge the optimal price based on the current demand based on showtime, location, weather, quality of show etc. But at the same time you have to climb outside of your econ 101 book and realize the limitation of that along with the producers real goal, which is not to create art, but to make money, or at least not lose money. And from Will's perspective, he is in charge of maximizing his own revenue, which he seems to be doing very well.

November 5, 2010 at 5:49 pm | Report abuse |
  168. Really?

Will Ferrel would be overpaid if he were making $8/hr working at McDonalds. He is a terrible "actor" who hasn't made a single funny movie. I don't understand how he keeps getting roles in movies, and why people insist on seeing him. Just like Conan, he's another waste of flesh and air someone else could be breathing.

November 5, 2010 at 2:41 pm | Report abuse |
    • Truth@Really?

He gets the money becasue people are dumb enough to go see this crap.
      Ever see the film "Idiocracy"...We are WELL on the way.

November 5, 2010 at 2:42 pm | Report abuse |
  169. Will Ferrell

I dont think i should be on this list..Denzel or "D Money"-as we call himm here in Hollywood-is the worst actor EVER! followed by Jim Carey or "J Money"-as we call himm here in Hollywood. Im way funnier than him..

November 5, 2010 at 2:39 pm | Report abuse |
    • Curtis

Three words, 'NO YOUR NOT'!!

YOU ARE NOT FUNNY!!

Honestly, most people would agree with me telling you that 'your annoying!!' You SUCK at acting, too.

November 6, 2010 at 2:08 pm | Report abuse |
    • Will ma a**

you ain't no Will Ferrell so shut your tramp

November 8, 2010 at 2:06 pm | Report abuse |
  170. monkeys8myshoes

ANY one making over 1,000,000 a year is OVER paid period!! How much does one need??????

November 5, 2010 at 2:36 pm | Report abuse |
    • @monkey....

Your so right, everyone in the world should recieve an equal amount of gold, porage, and a thatch roof house to iive in.

November 5, 2010 at 3:00 pm | Report abuse |
  171. ana7elu

It's all Obama's fault!!

November 5, 2010 at 2:30 pm | Report abuse |
  172. anja

Every actor is overpaid. There are some funnier than Will Ferrell but in the long run they are ALL overpaid.

November 5, 2010 at 2:26 pm | Report abuse |
  173. Ronnie

Will Ferrell ruined Land of the Lost ! The tv series wasn't a comedy and he ruined it ! I hope the studio's make a better re-make some day!

November 5, 2010 at 2:25 pm | Report abuse |
  174. Matt

Yaaawn. Who isn't overpaid in Hollywood?!!!

November 5, 2010 at 2:22 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jonny

Who isn't overpaid? Watch all those name in tiny print after the names in big print go by when the credits roll...I'm pretty sure all of them are not overpaid.

November 6, 2010 at 4:07 pm | Report abuse |
  175. 2Step

It would be interesting to see a "Top 100 Overpaid CEO's." Then a very depressing salary to quarterly earnings ratio. It's how we made our world people.

November 5, 2010 at 2:21 pm | Report abuse |
  176. Bob

LIked Elf. Everything else was crap. And that one man show thing he does is really really awful.

November 5, 2010 at 2:19 pm | Report abuse |
  177. LNT

He's not that fuuny!!!!!!!!!11

November 5, 2010 at 2:17 pm | Report abuse |
  178. khemraj

Will Ferrell is so not funny...i don't get his jokes or anything. None of his movies are not funny...he just do dumb stuff and have a dumb look and overacts too damn much

November 5, 2010 at 2:08 pm | Report abuse |
    • Chaz Michael Michaels

How's that ESL class coming along? I'm guessing you won't graduate with honors.

November 6, 2010 at 7:48 pm | Report abuse |
  179. Morphius

Will Ferrell deserves to be number 1 he gets so much money for terrible movies that are based on the same idiotic characters.

November 5, 2010 at 2:06 pm | Report abuse |
  180. Carmiekins

I need more cowbell.

November 5, 2010 at 2:04 pm | Report abuse |
    • LlamaLLamaDuck

I've got a fever...and the only prescription...is more cowbell!

November 5, 2010 at 3:28 pm | Report abuse |
  181. Joe

So the bottom line is his movies made money??? So what if they only got 3 something and paid him a dollar. Good for him and good for them.
    After watching Taledagga Nights – however you spell it – I stick to rentals. A couple jokes don't make a movie. Too many comedies have less laughs than a 1/2 hour sitcom.

November 5, 2010 at 2:03 pm | Report abuse |
  182. mmmmmmmm

WOW.... I THINK WILL IS A OK ACTOR.. I LOVED "ELF".. HE CAN BE A GREAT RIDDLER IN THE NEW BATMAN MOVIE...

November 5, 2010 at 1:56 pm | Report abuse |
  183. boocat

All Ferrell does is play the same doofus in every film. He peaked on SNL with his George Bush impression. I have never seen any of his movies because when I read the reviews, they all sound the same.

November 5, 2010 at 1:52 pm | Report abuse |
    • PeezyTX

Well that was dumb....

November 5, 2010 at 3:45 pm | Report abuse |
    • Sunnysout

If I were you, I wouldn't read movie reviews. You've probably missed out on some good entertainment. Besides, if you have never seen one of his movies, you are in no position to say if his movies are good or bad.

November 5, 2010 at 5:29 pm | Report abuse |
    • Robert

So you don't watch his movies because of reviews and what critics say? Hmmmm... Does your mother still tell you what to wear?

November 5, 2010 at 5:47 pm | Report abuse |
    • Brad

BOOBCAT....Did you really just say that? Get back inside your bag of rocks.

November 5, 2010 at 10:43 pm | Report abuse |
    • Julia

Will seems like a nice enough guy and all but if you have missed his movies, you haven't missed much. I'm sorry. Just my opinion. I hated Talledaga Nights but my hubby loved it. I hated Stepbrothers but again my hubby loved it. A clerk at the local video store told me that Will Ferrell movies are mainly rented by guys. I can see that b/c I do not know any woman personally that likes any of his movies.

November 6, 2010 at 2:23 am | Report abuse |
    • Girl in OK

I'm a female and I think Will Ferrell is hilarious, but then again I'm a guys girl. I still laugh at fart jokes.

November 6, 2010 at 3:55 am | Report abuse |
    • Jersey Dude

Spot on boocat!....his act is tired and boring....nothing more than a Jim Carrey wannabe.

November 6, 2010 at 10:30 am | Report abuse |
    • anahadwolves

Absolutely! Ferrell is a one-trick pony and that pony has been flogged to death! His SNL days were so bad, I actually turned thee show OFF when his character (not characterS) came on. How anyone can compare him to the geniuses of SNL like John Belushi, Eddie Murphy or Gilda Radner defies logic.

November 6, 2010 at 1:41 pm | Report abuse |
    • CattInTheHatt

Truth. Ferrell makes simple minded films for simple minded people, who will continually waste their money on these garbage movies. He is not funny, and anyone who says Talledega Nights is a great movie serious needs a CT Scan or an IQ test.

November 6, 2010 at 2:44 pm | Report abuse |
    • CreedBratton

@ Julia – You ever think your hubby might not be the sharpest tool in the shed?

November 6, 2010 at 2:46 pm | Report abuse |
    • Stef

I'm a woman and I think he's had some hilarous movies, Old School, Step Brothers, Blades of Glory...all cracked me up. I didn't like Talladega Nights as a whole. Between his moves and SNL skits (the cheerleader skits will always be my fav)he has gotten plenty of laughs out of me and I am far from retarded.

November 8, 2010 at 5:14 pm | Report abuse |
  184. Truth

Will Ferrel is a retard and so is anyone who sees his films.

November 5, 2010 at 1:52 pm | Report abuse |
    • DannyMcBride

Well, according to your logic, anyone is sees a Will Ferral movie is "retarded," correct? You have an opinion of him and his movies, so that means you have seen his movies or at least enough to form an opinion. So, according to your own logic, you are "retarded" aswell. Get out the bubble wrap.

November 5, 2010 at 2:48 pm | Report abuse |
    • Bundy

Hilarious when someone calls you a retard but doesn't know the difference between "your" and "you're".

November 5, 2010 at 7:27 pm | Report abuse |
    • Brad

Really??? He's funny than hell.

November 5, 2010 at 10:40 pm | Report abuse |
    • desk pop

@bunny......YOU'RE a retard

November 6, 2010 at 12:14 pm | Report abuse |
    • billy

Who is Bunny? Maybe you should recheck that name champ.

November 6, 2010 at 6:19 pm | Report abuse |
  185. Lenoh No

Denzel Washington as overpaid? Any movie that has him in it has at least one great actor. He's the king shiz-nickery and we all know it.

November 5, 2010 at 1:48 pm | Report abuse |
    • Dvus

NOT!

November 5, 2010 at 3:58 pm | Report abuse |
    • Denzel Rox

@Dvus – You couldn't be more wrong. Examples: "Pelican Brief", "Training Day", "Man on Fire", "Crimson Tide", "The Book of Eli" – all significant theatrical works – to name just a few of the move blockbusters starring DW. Name one movie blockbuster YOU've starred in lately, buddy ...

November 5, 2010 at 6:31 pm | Report abuse |
    • Aaron

Denzel Washington only plays one character; Denzel Washington. He sucks!

November 7, 2010 at 1:09 pm | Report abuse |
  186. av8tr

They are all overpaid!

November 5, 2010 at 1:44 pm | Report abuse |
  187. Eddie King

Say, Eddie King likes "Will Ferrell top Forbes list of overpaid actors"

November 5, 2010 at 1:30 pm | Report abuse |
  188. Frank the Tank

honey, do you think KFCs still open?

November 5, 2010 at 1:16 pm | Report abuse |
  189. Frank the Tank

your my boy blue!

November 5, 2010 at 1:12 pm | Report abuse |
  190. mactheknife

hmmmmm what would baby jesus do?

November 5, 2010 at 1:04 pm | Report abuse |
    • Lenoh No

...Wait until every Will Ferrell movie comes out on Netflix in order to watch them. He wouldn't even do the "bargain theatre" thing 'cause that would involve gas money.

I mean, Will is funny n' stuff, but he's a one trick pony, and his shtick is tired.

November 5, 2010 at 1:51 pm | Report abuse |
    • Ricky B

Chip I'm gonna come at you like a spider-monkey!!!

November 5, 2010 at 9:17 pm | Report abuse |
  191. The Dan Band

turn around bright eyes, every now and then I fall apart. Turn around bright eyes, fukn every now and then I fall apart. And I need you here tonight, I fukn need you more than ever!

November 5, 2010 at 1:03 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mike, Dallas

Love the DAN BAND caught them in Dallas at the House of Blues!! A W E S O M E

November 5, 2010 at 3:14 pm | Report abuse |
  192. The Dan Band

turn around, every now and then tired of listening to the sound of my tears. Turn around, every now and then I get a little bit nervous that the best of all our years have gone by. Turn around, every now and then I get a little bit terrified I see the Fkn look in your eye

November 5, 2010 at 12:58 pm | Report abuse |
  193. Frank the Tank

We're going streaking!

November 5, 2010 at 12:39 pm | Report abuse |
  194. portalpunk

he's a free agent, he's simply doing a better job at negotiating salary than the producers. i'm sure he has pride in his craft, but from the viewpoint other than the investors (which he may be part of) he is very successful.

November 5, 2010 at 12:23 pm | Report abuse |
  195. cheefsfury

HE IS BAD HE USED TO BE SO FUNNY THOUGH

November 5, 2010 at 12:19 pm | Report abuse |
    • cdgfla

Some of his funniest stuff lately hasn't even been on feature films. His character Ashley Schaffer on HBO's East Bound and Down was probably one of the funniest things I've ever seen him do since Frank the Tank in Old School. NO KENNY POWERS! D*CK SLAPPING IS MY GAME! ROFL!!!!

November 5, 2010 at 4:29 pm | Report abuse |
    • 210

this article is stupid. how the EFF is denzel "overpaid". he is one of the best actors i have ever seen. even if the script sucks, you can never say that he didnt bring his A game when it comes to the acting.

November 6, 2010 at 5:48 am | Report abuse |
    • Tom McNassor

This is really cool, you know,Will Ferrell? He was on the Discovery Channel, with Man Verses Wild. It was really cool. He went out there into the wild, and almost frose to death. You know, he has some guts.

November 6, 2010 at 6:10 am | Report abuse |
    • Jonas

MORE COWBELL!!!!!

November 6, 2010 at 1:09 pm | Report abuse |
    • kevin

I agree, Denzel Washington is not overpaid. Will Ferrell sucks though

November 6, 2010 at 2:27 pm | Report abuse |
    • Yikes!

Jeez, Brooks... You go off like that over someone you don't really care much about? Consider trying another anger management class – the one you're using now isn't working.

November 6, 2010 at 7:10 pm | Report abuse |
    • kiki

I think Will Ferrel is crazy funny! I loved him in Zoolander.

November 6, 2010 at 8:30 pm | Report abuse |
    • money9

Will Ferrell's funniest movie has to be Blades of glory. :))

November 6, 2010 at 8:55 pm | Report abuse |
    • Tchainssi

Did I miss Nicolas Cage or what?
      Oh my bad, this isn't the list of worse actors ever..,..

November 7, 2010 at 12:29 am | Report abuse |
    • Rich

Should he run for office I would vote for him in an instance. Since he's not running for an official office I just won't vote!

November 7, 2010 at 8:06 am | Report abuse |
    • lancesackless

ahh simmer down Brooks...those films were DUDS!!!

November 7, 2010 at 10:36 am | Report abuse |
    • stickittotheman

Aniston is a dud. Love Happens – budget $18 million, grossed $22 million. Friends with Money grossed $13 million. Rumor has it cost $70 million and grossed $43 mill. You can cherry pick a few money makers, but overall she cannot be counted on. She does attract a LOT of tabloid attention. Otherwise.... I wouldn't inverst my own money in her and neither would you, fangirl.

November 7, 2010 at 2:33 pm | Report abuse |