Nick Cannon: Acupuncture helped my wife get pregnant
November 5th, 2010

Nick Cannon: Acupuncture helped my wife get pregnant

Mariah Carey's road to motherhood hasn't been easy, but the singer has revealed that the ancient practice of acupuncture has played a big part in helping her pregnancy.

In the new issue of Us Weekly, Carey, 41, acknowledges that she and husband Nick Cannon were heartbroken when she suffered a miscarriage shortly after their hush-hush wedding ceremony in April 2008. Still, they never gave up on their baby dreams.

The superstar – who denies having IVF treatments – took progesterone, which increases fertility and maintains pregnancy in those at risk for miscarriage, and also had daily acupuncture sessions.

"I think it helped her quite a bit, because it was a good destressor," says 30-year-old Cannon, adding that his wife had needles placed "all over her body."

Set to become parents this spring, the couple couldn't be more thrilled. "We definitely cried. We still cry all the time," Cannon tells Us. "It's an emotional journey."

1. Jules Paletta

Synthetic progesterones, like Provera or medroxyprogesterone, can produce severe side effects including increased risk of cancer, abnormal menstrual flow, fluid retention, nausea, depression and can even increase risk of heart disease and stroke. de effects are extremely rare with natural progesterone. The only one of concern is that it can potentially alter the timing of your menstrual cycle.`-;'

Our favorite web site
    <http://www.healthfitnessbook.com

July 1, 2013 at 9:20 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Anglea Standley

Korea is believed to be the second country that acupuncture spread to outside of China. Within Korea there is a legend that acupuncture was developed by the legendary emperor Dangun though it is more likely to have been brought into Korea from a Chinese colonial prefecture.

June 6, 2013 at 9:30 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Aiping Wang

When you feel positive you feel light and joyful and aren't depressed. You bounce out of bed in the morning and into the shower to get ready for a great day. Whilst you have a healthy breakfast you sing along with the radio and feel that. You are full of expectations for the wonderful day you are going to have.

October 16, 2011 at 5:12 am | Report abuse |
  4. maryam

Congrats to U both,Mariah wishn u and babies splendid health.i pray sincerely You and Nick both go far.And for YOU HATERS the woman is pregnant what do you expect and moreover she still looks beautiful and sweet.

December 20, 2010 at 6:17 am | Report abuse |
  5. Fast Get Pregnant

Thanks for the info on your blog/site. We both found it helpful and informative. I am sure there a lots of couples experiencing the same issues as us! I don't think we are on our own out there.

December 16, 2010 at 1:06 pm | Report abuse |
  6. J.S

I am truly SO happy for them! At first, I thought they were an odd match – but then I saw how much they love each other! It radiates through photos and interviews. I love it! They absolutely can't get enough of each other and I can see that translating into a very tight knit family.

Yes, Mariah has put on weight. The stress of losing a pregnancy, being comfortable within a relationship and now being pregnant with twins can take its toll...however, she is still gorgeous and I can see it turning into beautiful, envy inducing curves after the kids are born!

December 16, 2010 at 11:56 am | Report abuse |
  7. AcDoc

Yes, it can help increase circulation, reduce stress. i have treated many women, even those who have failed IVF. Mariah you are lucky to have been able to get acupuncture daily. But even someone who could not afford it daily could be helped with a weekly treatment for 1-3 mo depending on how healthy they were to begin with. Mariah, thanks for spreading the word! L Jordan

November 9, 2010 at 11:04 pm | Report abuse |
  8. dottie

Congrats Nick and Mariah, I wish nothing but the best for the both of you. :)

November 9, 2010 at 4:16 am | Report abuse |
  9. Julia

As someone who has been taking fertility treatments for 4 yrs now I have heard this before. I wouldn't put all my faith in it, but you never know what will work. When you are going through this kinda thing you are willing to try anything. Congrats Nick and Mariah!

November 6, 2010 at 2:26 am | Report abuse |
    • Julia

BTW I don't know where they got that progesterone increases fertility from. The only reason that I know that it is given is to maintain a pregnancy. Some doctors will give it to you right before and right after an attempt to get pregnant b/c it is believed by some to prevent miscarriage in women who suffer from low progesterone. Some doctors do not agree. I am not sure the 'increases fertility' statement is true. The writer of the article needs to make sure of this fact before writing such a thing. They said she has denied having IVF. There are plenty of other medications and procedures to help someone get pregnant and NO IVF does not always work as so many believe. If they had IVF that is their business and I can see wanting to keep that private, but I also do not think it is anything to be ashamed of. I'm just saying there is no sure fire thing that will make someone with infertility issues pregnant. What works for one may not work for another and vice versa. Either way I am happy for them. Congratulations to them both!

November 6, 2010 at 2:41 am | Report abuse |
  10. tajuana johnson

Mariah and nick cannon are milk and cookies

November 5, 2010 at 11:43 pm | Report abuse |
  11. D

oh yeah, NOW she has the excuse of being pregnant...

November 5, 2010 at 8:34 pm | Report abuse |
  12. ohsotrue

These two don't match! I would have pictured Mirah with someone more muscular.) However, oposites do attract!!

November 5, 2010 at 4:26 pm | Report abuse |
    • ohsotrue

Everyone lay off Mariah's weight...she is PREGNANT!!

November 5, 2010 at 4:27 pm | Report abuse |
    • Steven Seagal

Yeah, but when most women are pregnant they eat for two, but it looks like Mariah has been eating for 6 or 7. From here on out, we will know when the opera's over because it'll be when Mariah sings.

November 5, 2010 at 4:46 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Nobel

Hope you have a beautiful baby girl !! With all the beautiful music that this Mariah has given us we should be wishing her all the best.

November 5, 2010 at 3:39 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Silly

Mariah you are blessed and I wish you and your husband a healthy baby. I know you not paying attention to the wackos who are complaining about weight. You #1 prioirty is not your weight but a healthy baby. Later for the weight which I know you will take care of. God bless you guys.

November 5, 2010 at 3:32 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Truth

Dang, maybe acupuncture can help her lose a few pounds. I know she is preggers and all but dayum! She a biggun.

November 5, 2010 at 2:09 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Steven Seagal

Man, who's the heifer that ate Mariah?

November 5, 2010 at 2:04 pm | Report abuse |
  17. sakina williams

Hello mariah you know first of all you are my very favorite female artist. i have been a fan since your career has begun. i also want to congratulate you and your husband on your pregnancy. we all know good things are in storefor those who wait patiently and god is the best of planners and i pray you have a healthy baby. you and i are bothborn in march my bday is a few days before yours just thought you oughtta to know please keep making those hits your fans love. your biggest fan.

November 5, 2010 at 12:42 pm | Report abuse |
  18. El Jefe

Da-yum... Mommy chest?

November 5, 2010 at 10:56 am | Report abuse |
  19. kathy

Beautiful couple equals beautiful baby.
    They are so deserving of happiness, together.

November 5, 2010 at 10:08 am | Report abuse |
  20. Steven Seagal

It was poking, but I'm not sure it was getting poked with needles that caused the pregnancy.

November 5, 2010 at 9:45 am | Report abuse |