Katy Perry: I have all I wanted in Russell Brand
November 4th, 2010

Katy Perry: I have all I wanted in Russell Brand

According to 26-year-old singer Katy Perry, she's "kind of a good girl," but then again, "I'm not," she explains in the December issue of Harper's Bazaar.

"I'm a good girl because I really believe in love, integrity, and respect," says the recently married pastor's daughter, who adds that she found her soul mate in outrageous comic Russell Brand.

"I always knew I wanted a great man of God, someone who was going to be an inspiration for people and also be a lovely husband and father," she says. "We're at different places in our lives, but we can still grow together. He's thought-provoking, articulate, a real advocate. I also definitely wanted to have a laugh. I have all that in him."

A sense of humor is important to Perry, who likely needed one after being banned from "Sesame Street" for baring too much cleavage during a duet with Elmo. The star maintains that at the time, she had no idea her attire was too over-the-top. "If there had been a problem on the set, they would have said it to me at the outset," she says. "We had many different options."

Shortly afterward, Perry poked fun of the situation by appearing in a "Saturday Night Live" skit wearing a too-tight Elmo T-shirt with a plunging neckline, because, as she puts it, "How do you respond otherwise?"

Despite all the attention on her assets, Perry says she wasn't always so comfortable with her body. At 13, she wanted to have a breast reduction. "I had really bad back problems and was a little bit thicker," she tells Bazaar. "Then I grew up and lost the baby fat and said, 'Hey, this isn't all that bad.'"

And speaking of bad, just what makes Perry think she's such a bad girl? "I like to tease," she says. "I know that I have sex appeal in my deck of cards. But I like to get people thinking. That's what the stories in my music do."

Post by:
Filed under: Celebrities • Katy Perry • Music

1. celebs911

predictions for the future for the happy couple. Great match and the Spirits agree!

November 8, 2010 at 7:41 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Truth

These two idiots deserve each other. And I give the marriage three years.

November 5, 2010 at 4:06 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Nick

Ok she sings about kissing another girl but says she wants a man of God. Am I the only one a little confused by that?

November 5, 2010 at 3:21 am | Report abuse |
  4. Jerry

I am still at a loss of words to exactly she sees in him.

November 4, 2010 at 8:54 pm | Report abuse |
  5. @Katy

Shut your damn, dirty, wh0re mouth

November 4, 2010 at 6:35 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Katy

It only matters what Katy Perry (Mrs. Russell) feels and thinks. Beyond a doubt she knows the man she loves and adores. He makes her laugh, and that says a lot about a man. He does have a gift, and whether it is compared to the likeness of God, that comes through for Katy, so I would say she's got a whole lotta man, and in relationships today, there are far and few of these. Having seen Mr. Russell on may interviews by t.v. appearances, he captivates you, and you see the inside of a "MAN". That in itself, is the way all things should be. The exterior is at most not the true individual, but when you see them expose themselves from within, that is complete. If a lot of the people out there don't get it, then it's their problem. I totally see and get what Katy see's in her man. For Katy I say good girl, Congrats, and Russell keep your laughter and great sense of humor rocking us all.....

November 4, 2010 at 5:02 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Katy

So Christy, you've met him and know him personally?

November 4, 2010 at 3:17 pm | Report abuse |
  8. bes

Oh, puleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeese, what a dumba$#l. I give it as long as he is able to keep it in his pants.

November 4, 2010 at 1:51 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Buster

I wish them well but I give this marriage less than 5 years - down deep this is not the "type" of man she wanted.

November 4, 2010 at 1:46 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Steven Seagal

I have all I wanted in Katy's cans.

November 4, 2010 at 1:41 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Christy

Russell is a "great man of God"??? Uh, where's he hiding THAT trait???

November 4, 2010 at 1:30 pm | Report abuse |
  12. lol

Katy Perry has integrity?

November 4, 2010 at 12:43 pm | Report abuse |