'Showbiz Tonight' Flashpoint: Is Miley wrong for music video smooch?
November 3rd, 2010

'Showbiz Tonight' Flashpoint: Is Miley wrong for music video smooch?

Seventeen-year-old Miley is starring in a new music video for Rock Mafia’s song, “The Big Bang," in which she kisses a 26-year-old guy!

But I think it’s time we all accept that Miley is about to turn 18 (her birthday is just a few weeks away). A month from now we wouldn’t be having this discussion. I get why people think it is plain wrong, but at this point, if she’s okay with it and her parents are okay with it, we should be okay with it. It happens in movies with barely a whisper. It’s art.

What do you think? Post your comments below and I’ll work some of them into our show today.

Here are some other big stories I’m fired up about...

Charlie Sheen’s filing for divorce from his estranged wife Brooke Mueller has set off a war, and Portia de Rossi's shocking new revelations to her partner Ellen DeGeneres today about her battle with anorexia.

Plus, Heidi and Spencer blow through $10 million! They're broke… and homeless?!

See you on "Showbiz Tonight" at 5 p.m. ET and again at 11 p.m. ET/PT on HLN today!

Watch Showbiz Tonight Weekdays Exclusively at 11PM ET on HLN.

1. KarenH

She is doing a video for Rock Mafia not Disney kids...I'm also sure that all this fuss is making this video popular and her a very valuable asset.

November 7, 2010 at 12:11 am | Report abuse |
  2. CRIME

The parents need to get slap for that, y i say that their looking at the money & nothing else.

November 4, 2010 at 9:25 am | Report abuse |
  3. Nick

The comment was made that its entertainmet so its ok. I don't get that. Is it ok for a 26 yr old man in a play or drama class to kiss a 17 year old girl anywhere else? No. Entertainment or not this was a 17 year old girl making out with a 26 yr old man. Just creepy and yes the above poster is right, if this happened anywhere else besides Hollywood, it would be considered immoral and disgusting. Also could the band not get an attractive WOMAN to play the part? I mean Hollywod is full of them. Don't get it. Just icky. Also they kept bringing up the movie scene scenerio. Maybe I have missed some movies lately but I haven't seen a 17 year old make out with a grown man in any movie lately. I'm just saying.

November 4, 2010 at 2:57 am | Report abuse |
  4. sell it

Lol,damn,mileys a little freak...lol,but yea,she is about to be 18 like they said.shes her own person.spread your legs n fly girl!!.....oops,i mean wings.

November 3, 2010 at 9:29 pm | Report abuse |
  5. SKY

FACT: WHY SO UPSET, DO YOU ALL REMEMBER WHEN SHE WAS DANCING WITH
    THE OLDER MAN, HE WAS ALL UP ON HER....WAKE UP OK WAKE UP

November 3, 2010 at 8:32 pm | Report abuse |
  6. VibeCat

Who cares anyways... we won't even hear about her in a couple more years, at least not her singing when she ruins her nose/sinuses/throat/etc. by singing through her nose instead of singing properly. The least her Daddy could have done if he was so determined to have her be his little ca$h cow would have been to get her a few singing lessons to at a minimum teach her how to breathe when she sings and NOT sing out of her danged nose. The only reason she is a (fake) star is because of the tweenies. They autotune her recordings to death – when you are stuck seeing her sing live on any awards show she totally stinks up the room; out of tune and totally nasal.

November 3, 2010 at 7:20 pm | Report abuse |
  7. El Jefe

Funny, Hollywood morals make this acceptable, yet if this make out session were to happen in any mall, in any town in the U.S. people would think it's creepy and call the cops...

November 3, 2010 at 6:06 pm | Report abuse |
  8. JamesEarlJones

This is CNN...now come on people, lets try to be serious. This is CNN, not the Onion, not TMZ....yes I realize you are reading an article about Miley Cirus, but that doesnt change the fact that This is CNN and We must at all times remain serious and proffesional. If you build it, they will come...damn, I mean This is CNN.

November 3, 2010 at 5:25 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Billy Ray

Nope, I think He spelled it just perfectly...He is our stupid

November 3, 2010 at 5:11 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Huh?

So if a child is okay with something and their parents are okay with it, that makes it okay? Miley and her parents were okay with her pole-dancing at an awards show, too. This is a kid who's out of control, and I'll be shocked if she doesn't crash–and hard–within a few years.

November 3, 2010 at 5:05 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Jay the Athiest

What kills me is the people that take this S so seriously....the fact that you get so upset because somebody is making a joke makes me think you need to get a life

November 3, 2010 at 4:53 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Billy Ray

I thought Id be the only Man Shed ever kiss

November 3, 2010 at 3:52 pm | Report abuse |
    • Your Stupid

It kills me the stupid comments people want to make. Get a life.

November 3, 2010 at 4:20 pm | Report abuse |
    • @ Your Stupid

I agree with you.

By the way, it's You're. Not your fault, though... it is one of the MOST misspelled items in the English language.

November 3, 2010 at 4:43 pm | Report abuse |