Not so sexy times for 'Real Housewives of Atlanta'
November 2nd, 2010

Not so sexy times for 'Real Housewives of Atlanta'

I suppose the Georgia peaches thought they were bringing sexy back on the latest episode of “The Real Housewives of Atlanta.”

They were not.

Sure, there was lots of talk about sex, but there was very little “sexiness" on last night's show. Let’s start with NeNe and Cynthia prancing around in their bras for the entire mall (and America) to see. I am so over NeNe’s new boobs, nose and lipo that I would be perfectly fine if we never discussed it again.

Another thing I found hard to deal with was Phaedra and those pickles! For once I was rendered almost speechless. If, as she said, Phaedra had no cravings for pickles, why was it necessary to make it a centerpiece of her pregnancy photo shoot? And why make poor Apollo have to get in on the pickle game also? Okay, that's all I’m going to say about him and the pickles; I shall leave the rest to you dear commenters.

Who knew Kandi had some freak in her? While she asserts that she is going to be celibate for a year, she had plenty to say about sex via her webcast, “Kandi Koated,” and during the conversation at Cynthia’s Mother’s Day gathering. I had to scrub my brain of the mental image of Kandi’s mom and the sex toy. Ewwww!

I did feel slightly bad for NeNe when Peter insinuated that problems in the bedroom might be playing a role in her and Greg’s marital issues. That insult was a bit below the belt (pardon the pun) and I hope Cynthia has learned her lesson about sharing her girlfriend’s business with her man and expecting him not to run and tell that.

And while I never thought I would say this, I am almost starting to miss the Sheree from last season. That Sheree would NEVER still be dating “The Love Doctor,” let alone eating cookie dough off his finger. I am not at all a proponent of the “no romance without finance” school of thought, but seriously, he had to borrow his friend’s apartment to cook her dinner? Run Sheree, run!

One last thought: I believe Kim and Sweetie are angling for a spin-off show. They couldn’t be trying any harder to be comedic break-out stars. Either that or they both are seriously not very bright.

Your thoughts?

1. coco bean

I hate tha the show has been moved to Sunday. This show is just mindless entertainment no more or less than watching WWE, and I enjoy each and every second of it. Nene is the most honest one on the show. Phandera needs to get over herself: Dr. Love = Dr. Fake run Sheree(sp?) run.

November 8, 2010 at 3:35 pm | Report abuse |
  2. candy corn

True fans will continue to watch no matter what, I liked this past episode –Phaedra is so annoying - I do not know how Apollo puts up with her. I enjoy all the real Housewives shows !! & like to see Andy Cohen with Watch What happens live !! & to Mike who posted get lost,we are real people who enjoy this show !!!

November 3, 2010 at 6:28 am | Report abuse |
  3. Mike

You guys realize there's nothing "real" about this show, right?

November 2, 2010 at 4:04 pm | Report abuse |
    • Candy Cane

Love, Love, Love it! I love all the drama, gossip, insults, glamour, ghettoness, etc.. It is sooooo entertaining! It takes the guess work out of why my life is not so bad. I love all of their personalities, quirkey behaviors, drama and etc... Rock on RHWOA!

November 2, 2010 at 6:09 pm | Report abuse |
  4. pinkachoo

I was grossed out by Phaedra.. I had to walk away at that point. That idiot old fart with 5 kids is clueless about marriage.. What in the world makes him an expert in relationships? The real NeNe would have cursed him out and he would have run away with his tail between his legs. oh yeah. Go Kandi and Kandi's mom!

November 2, 2010 at 2:23 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Jen

Housewives? Half of them are not even married...

November 2, 2010 at 1:58 pm | Report abuse |
    • Child, Please!

Exactly! LOL. Do you honestly think the dolts who actually enjoy this tripe care?!

November 2, 2010 at 3:30 pm | Report abuse |
  6. DeborahR

This year's show is stupid. I quit watching it after the second or third episode. From what I've read, I'm not missing anything. NeNe has gotten way out of hand, and I get sick watching Phaedra. Could she be any more sickening? Come on.
    What I would like to know is where Kim gets her money from for the ridiculous life style she lives.

November 2, 2010 at 1:55 pm | Report abuse |
  7. kiki

I thought the same thing about Kim and Sweetie ....they are trying really hard to get their own show. We'll see if it happens.

November 2, 2010 at 1:54 pm | Report abuse |
  8. NJ Watcher

I like the SHOW!! Sorry haters, anyway you are right about the pickles....that scene sucked. Her husbands plays with both dolls and cars if you know what i mean and the conversation of the sugar. Nasty Nasty Nasty and on that note NeeNee showed them class. Go figure Phaedra is supposed to be classy but instead Nasty.

November 2, 2010 at 1:42 pm | Report abuse |
    • Child, Please!

It amazes me how those of you w/ such a dire loss of brain cells due to any RH rotation call those of us who actually TREASURE our brain cells w/ INTELLIGENT TV as "Haters." * SMH * Here's $20 – go buy yourself a clue! LOL

November 2, 2010 at 3:28 pm | Report abuse |
  9. artrain

This show is the poster child for obnoxious behavior

November 2, 2010 at 1:12 pm | Report abuse |
    • DougB

Aren't all the Housewives series poster children for obnoxious behavior?

November 2, 2010 at 1:18 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Nell

CNN stick with news. Real Housewives of Atlanta could not have been that bad. You had to have look at the whole show to know what was going on! Sounds like double standards.Uhmm I wonder if we will get to hear about the real houswives of Beverly Hills in such a negative way!!!!. If u do not like a tv show why sit there for whole hour and watch it.

November 2, 2010 at 1:12 pm | Report abuse |
  11. emily

no one cares about these losers anymore.

November 2, 2010 at 1:00 pm | Report abuse |